From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: LHT-25B - Small Turret Lathe
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:14:16 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 21:14 UTC

Picked up another project. An old Taiwan made LHT-25B small turret
lathe. Missing a couple covers, and not running. Previous owner was
fitting a 3 phase motor, but had not finished it. If the motor is good
I'll slap a VFD on it. He was going to use the capacitor method to run
it.

Turret works and advances. 5c collet closes works and locks up. There
are a few small parts I make that would go very fast on this machine. I
actually use a manual advanced turret in the tail stock of one of my
other lathes now.

I got it cheap enough I could sell a few things that came with it and
make a small profit, but I would rather service it and use it rtaher
than scrap it out.

Anyway, I did not get a manual or manuals for it. I know its a long
shot, but I figure I'd ask if anybody has a copy of the manual(s) for
this machine before they would let go before I spring for a "free"
manual from behind a subscription paywall.

https://www.avg.com

Re: LHT-25B - Small Turret Lathe

<oasrmglqmmnsu8i7hdqu79ub583jmopdim@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5214&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5214

From: joegw...@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: LHT-25B - Small Turret Lathe
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:14:19 -0400
 by: Joe Gwinn - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 22:14 UTC

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:14:16 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
wrote:

>Picked up another project. An old Taiwan made LHT-25B small turret
>lathe. Missing a couple covers, and not running. Previous owner was
>fitting a 3 phase motor, but had not finished it. If the motor is good
>I'll slap a VFD on it. He was going to use the capacitor method to run
>it.
>
>Turret works and advances. 5c collet closes works and locks up. There
>are a few small parts I make that would go very fast on this machine. I
>actually use a manual advanced turret in the tail stock of one of my
>other lathes now.
>
>I got it cheap enough I could sell a few things that came with it and
>make a small profit, but I would rather service it and use it rtaher
>than scrap it out.
>
>Anyway, I did not get a manual or manuals for it. I know its a long
>shot, but I figure I'd ask if anybody has a copy of the manual(s) for
>this machine before they would let go before I spring for a "free"
>manual from behind a subscription paywall.

Apparently, they are relatively common, sold under various badges.
Google brought up lots. Here is one:

..<https://ozarktoolmanuals.com/machinemanual/jet-enco-msc-super-precision-asian-turret-lathe-lhttl92040-instructions-parts-manual/>

Joe Gwinn

Re: LHT-25B - Small Turret Lathe

<skl7f7$1c87$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5215&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5215

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:37:01 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 01:37 UTC

On 10/18/2021 3:14 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 14:14:16 -0700, Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
> wrote:
>
>> Picked up another project. An old Taiwan made LHT-25B small turret
>> lathe. Missing a couple covers, and not running. Previous owner was
>> fitting a 3 phase motor, but had not finished it. If the motor is good
>> I'll slap a VFD on it. He was going to use the capacitor method to run
>> it.
>>
>> Turret works and advances. 5c collet closes works and locks up. There
>> are a few small parts I make that would go very fast on this machine. I
>> actually use a manual advanced turret in the tail stock of one of my
>> other lathes now.
>>
>> I got it cheap enough I could sell a few things that came with it and
>> make a small profit, but I would rather service it and use it rtaher
>> than scrap it out.
>>
>> Anyway, I did not get a manual or manuals for it. I know its a long
>> shot, but I figure I'd ask if anybody has a copy of the manual(s) for
>> this machine before they would let go before I spring for a "free"
>> manual from behind a subscription paywall.
>
> Apparently, they are relatively common, sold under various badges.
> Google brought up lots. Here is one:
>
> .<https://ozarktoolmanuals.com/machinemanual/jet-enco-msc-super-precision-asian-turret-lathe-lhttl92040-instructions-parts-manual/>
>

> Joe Gwinn

Yep, and Amazon shows one that actually shows the CORRECT machine on the
manual at about twice that price. I also found a couple "free" behind
pay walls that you have to subscribe to and then remember to cancel.
Found all of those using Google before posting.

https://www.avg.com