A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Ebay BS

SubjectAuthor
* Ebay BSTom Kunich
`- Re: Ebay BSrussellseaton1@yahoo.com

1
Ebay BS

<1d198bf3-2e28-41f3-bdb7-bc55137bab45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=52784&group=rec.bicycles.tech#52784

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 06:56:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Ebay BS
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:56 UTC

The only 11 speed part I am missing is a front derailleur. Going on Ebay the prices are staggering. Finally I went to a commercial bike shop and got the Campy Derailleur for 1/4th of the prices on Ebay.

So it appears that Ebay is rapidly turning into a spot for liars and thieves. I got my Garmin from a local bike shop for a little less than I would off of Ebay but unfortunately Garmin apparently has a contract with FedEx which has turned into "never deliver". What should have been a three day delivery is now in the third week and they even marked by LBS as "permanently closed" and sent the Garmin back. So if you're going to send anything heavy consider UPS or DHL. Lighter things like a bicycle frame can go cheaper through the USPS.

Re: Ebay BS

<ac2ab308-99e1-4ddb-9131-c6d29b1b0b78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=52797&group=rec.bicycles.tech#52797

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 12:40:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ebay BS
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 20:40 UTC

On Sunday, February 27, 2022 at 8:56:18 AM UTC-6, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> The only 11 speed part I am missing is a front derailleur. Going on Ebay the prices are staggering. Finally I went to a commercial bike shop and got the Campy Derailleur for 1/4th of the prices on Ebay.

Ebay is a worldwide network. It sells to anyone and everyone everywhere in the world. The local bike shops in other countries probably do not have the same Campagnolo front derailleur at 1/4th the price in the store compared to Ebay. So for 90% of the world, the Ebay price is competitive. Only for a small portion of the populous is the Ebay price staggering. Another example: I buy some eyedrops. Usually Amazon has them the lowest price. But recently I was with a friend at Sam's Club. The eyedrops were cheaper at Sam's Club. A little cheaper, not staggering. I bought them from Sam's Club. I did not go on the internet and accuse Amazon of being cheats and liars and having staggering prices. I am educated. I have degrees. I think. I use my brain to find the best price when price is used as the deciding factor.