How many weeks are there in a light year?

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Thursday Ride

SubjectAuthor
* Thursday RideTom Kunich
`* Re: Thursday RideFrank Krygowski
 +* Re: Thursday RideTom Kunich
 |+- Re: Thursday Riderussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |+* Re: Thursday RideFrank Krygowski
 ||`- Re: Thursday RideJohn B.
 |`* Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
 | `* Re: Thursday RideTom Kunich
 |  `- Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
 +- Re: Thursday RideJohn B.
 `* Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
  `* Re: Thursday RideTom Kunich
   +- Re: Thursday RideFrank Krygowski
   +* Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
   |`* Re: Thursday RideTom Kunich
   | `- Re: Thursday RideFrank Krygowski
   +* Re: Thursday RideJohn B.
   |+* Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
   ||`- Re: Thursday RideJohn B.
   |`* Re: Thursday RideFrank Krygowski
   | `- Re: Thursday RideJohn B.
   +* Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
   |`* Re: Thursday RideTom Kunich
   | `* Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
   |  `* Re: Thursday RideTom Kunich
   |   `* Re: Thursday RideAMuzi
   |    `- Re: Thursday RideTom Kunich
   `- Re: Thursday RideJohn B.

Pages:12
Re: Thursday Ride

<f2ad29e5-4366-43a4-b572-d90886b891a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=53546&group=rec.bicycles.tech#53546

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 09:46:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Thursday Ride
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:46 UTC

On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 9:11:35 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 3/14/2022 10:37 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> >> in re ND flaring: The profusion of small operations over a
> >> large area and the religious fervor against pipelines made
> >> gas transport very difficult as compared to, say, Permian in
> >> Texas:
> >> https://pgjonline.com/news/2017/01/navigator-energy-services-expands-bsg-system-begins-open-season
> >>
> >> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dgyj361V4AEw67S.jpg:large
> >
> > People who do not fix broken sewer lines in front of their own homes flock to North Dakota to protest a perfectly safe oil pipeline. Lieberman who is a cripple and relies entirely on Google for his knowledge of the outside world, wants to tell us everything there is to know about a pipeline a thousands miles away and which he knows nothing about.
> >
> WTF?
>
> People may dither on all sorts of policy decisions from
> pipelines to bridge repairs but a broken sewer line gets
> fixed immediately if not sooner! Everywhere. Every time.

There is a place in Oakland in which a liquid line has been broken so long that it has etched runnels into the asphalt. I personally reported it to the water company three times and nothing changed over three years. Since this would represent a huge loss of billable water, I can only assume that it is sewage. It is from a telephone pole directly behind the toilet side of a gas station being replaced and puncturing the liquid line so it isn't as if this is a peculiar belief.

Re: Thursday Ride

<t0ob7m$t43$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=53557&group=rec.bicycles.tech#53557

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:14:29 -0500
References: <90af3cc5-1e7a-4d39-af23-9a21449f36b5n@googlegroups.com> <t0jegr$jho$1@dont-email.me> <t0l50f$kcc$3@dont-email.me> <965a409f-a2d4-49ed-b5dd-140ac41e5875n@googlegroups.com> <ofds2hpte8d9jjg4vhr61qbshkm2d08lph@4ax.com> <m4ms2hljp35d481tg91bpk39k6m39ju005@4ax.com> <t0m3c6$5c9$1@dont-email.me> <35dd978b-41d8-4686-958f-b714f0844718n@googlegroups.com> <t0npfj$e73$2@dont-email.me> <f2ad29e5-4366-43a4-b572-d90886b891a7n@googlegroups.com>
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 21:14 UTC

On 3/14/2022 11:46 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 9:11:35 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

>>> People who do not fix broken sewer lines in front of their own homes flock to North Dakota to protest a perfectly safe oil pipeline. Lieberman who is a cripple and relies entirely on Google for his knowledge of the outside world, wants to tell us everything there is to know about a pipeline a thousands miles away and which he knows nothing about.
>>>
>> WTF?
>>
>> People may dither on all sorts of policy decisions from
>> pipelines to bridge repairs but a broken sewer line gets
>> fixed immediately if not sooner! Everywhere. Every time.
>
> There is a place in Oakland in which a liquid line has been broken so long that it has etched runnels into the asphalt. I personally reported it to the water company three times and nothing changed over three years. Since this would represent a huge loss of billable water, I can only assume that it is sewage. It is from a telephone pole directly behind the toilet side of a gas station being replaced and puncturing the liquid line so it isn't as if this is a peculiar belief.

City water line are a different chronic problem.

If it were a sewer line, as you wrote at first, it would
have been repaired posthaste.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Thursday Ride

<e913c778-929f-4759-bb9c-65c478ef1d2dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=53562&group=rec.bicycles.tech#53562

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 14:57:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 21:57 UTC

On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 2:14:34 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 3/14/2022 11:46 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> >> WTF?
> >>
> >> People may dither on all sorts of policy decisions from
> >> pipelines to bridge repairs but a broken sewer line gets
> >> fixed immediately if not sooner! Everywhere. Every time.
> >
> > There is a place in Oakland in which a liquid line has been broken so long that it has etched runnels into the asphalt. I personally reported it to the water company three times and nothing changed over three years. Since this would represent a huge loss of billable water, I can only assume that it is sewage. It is from a telephone pole directly behind the toilet side of a gas station being replaced and puncturing the liquid line so it isn't as if this is a peculiar belief.
> >
> City water line are a different chronic problem.
>
> If it were a sewer line, as you wrote at first, it would
> have been repaired posthaste.

My brother worked in the city sewer plant. When I visited him there, there was no smell and most of the water though called "brown water" was clear. Most of the water used in the sewers is fresh water, do depending on that sort of break it was in the pipe it could appear to be clear water. And clear water DOES NOT etch asphalt. I'm talking about more than an inch deep across the road in just three years.