Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 10:04:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Riding bicycles
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 17:04 UTC

I wonder what is going on out there. Aside from the Deacon's posting I haven't seen any posting unless they were from the hating groups here which I have blocked.

Andre doesn't post much by Lou has been quiet and as our other foreign members. I wonder if this is due to worry about a possible expansion of the Ukraine.

I don't know how to deal with that but Russia must surely be punished for what they are doing. The bio-research labs is nothing but a front since these things would not be outside of the US even if the US decided to break international law and research bio-weapons research. Ukrainian labs would do nothing more than research commonly transmitted viruses and bacteria and learn the proper method of developing long term vaccines. mRNA vaccines as Pfizer and Moderna made are absolutely not the answer as they have discovered. In fact, without legal protections from the government they would now be sued out of business. J&J used standard vaccine development procedures and their vaccines have no worse side effects than the usual flu vaccines and nothing permanent. And over long term, they have shown to be at least as effective as the inflated figures from Pfizer and Moderna.

So there was no real reason to invade Ukraine other than Putin wished to do so. A fix? Stop ALL commerce with Russia. Despite their claims of a strong economy they do not have one. You cannot force people to do business with you and making war on them doesn't have any economic results.

So simply press your own governments to have no commerce with Russia and go back to riding your bikes rather than hanging around home and worrying.

Re: Riding bicycles

<54ee8364-1ae9-4d33-882e-3ef82ecaee51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=53660&group=rec.bicycles.tech#53660

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 12:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Riding bicycles
From: deaconmj...@gmail.com (Mark Cleary)
 by: Mark Cleary - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 19:07 UTC

On Friday, March 18, 2022 at 12:04:29 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I wonder what is going on out there. Aside from the Deacon's posting I haven't seen any posting unless they were from the hating groups here which I have blocked.
>
> Andre doesn't post much by Lou has been quiet and as our other foreign members. I wonder if this is due to worry about a possible expansion of the Ukraine.
>
> I don't know how to deal with that but Russia must surely be punished for what they are doing. The bio-research labs is nothing but a front since these things would not be outside of the US even if the US decided to break international law and research bio-weapons research. Ukrainian labs would do nothing more than research commonly transmitted viruses and bacteria and learn the proper method of developing long term vaccines. mRNA vaccines as Pfizer and Moderna made are absolutely not the answer as they have discovered. In fact, without legal protections from the government they would now be sued out of business. J&J used standard vaccine development procedures and their vaccines have no worse side effects than the usual flu vaccines and nothing permanent. And over long term, they have shown to be at least as effective as the inflated figures from Pfizer and Moderna.
>
> So there was no real reason to invade Ukraine other than Putin wished to do so. A fix? Stop ALL commerce with Russia. Despite their claims of a strong economy they do not have one. You cannot force people to do business with you and making war on them doesn't have any economic results.
>
> So simply press your own governments to have no commerce with Russia and go back to riding your bikes rather than hanging around home and worrying.

Well it is a bike group so I try to keep it at some level of relevance to bikes. I don't mind a bit of off chatter but lots of other places for that. Most all of the real google news groups are gone. Being a jazz guitarist I used to live on rec.music.guitar.jazz but that got eaten alive by spam and the usual porn garbage. To me this is really the only group left that sticks at least in some fashion to cycling. Lots of good knowledge in the group although I do go to bike forum pages too. The issue is much of cycling is going beyond me in need. I don't need the latest and greatest. I am not trying to race and at 60 just trying to ride strong and often.

For me that is the basic road bike. I like titanium but have CF too. I still have rim brakes but probably the next bike will have disk just because that seems to be the future. No question on the disk if I lived in the mountains but I am in the flats rim work fine. I don't ride on gravel ever and wider tire ok but I am riding 25cc and they are fine. On a disk bike 28cc might be my choice.

I don't need electronic shifting my 6800 shimano works perfectly but maybe if I could try the electronic I would be even better. I do all my own maintenance and can build my own wheels if I want. I am not the guy the bike shops probably like at all. I wear basic Bellweather cycling shorts I buy for about $50 and have running pants to wear over them in winter. I have jerseys I wear but I don't need 10 of them. I have a gore bike jacket has lasted me at least 6 years it is great good for 20 degrees f.

I hang around here mostly because of some names that have been around for years I know and trust. Andrew helps if things get techical others too. I actually would like to visit the Yellow Jersey it is not that far away but they got work to do and talking to be would just be a drain. Not many shops like them in existence anymore and I wonder how long Andrew wilk keep at it for saying enough. I think I am the type of cyclist most bike shops find worthless.

Tom I don't know you other than the group but you ride and get into the political thing, that is ok at least I am not typing into a black hole.
Deacon Mark

Re: Riding bicycles

<b7b595cc-ec6f-41a0-8dca-02fb8e48a3e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54160&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54160

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:53:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 15:53 UTC

On Friday, March 18, 2022 at 12:07:28 PM UTC-7, deaco...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> I hang around here mostly because of some names that have been around for years I know and trust. Andrew helps if things get techical others too. I actually would like to visit the Yellow Jersey it is not that far away but they got work to do and talking to be would just be a drain. Not many shops like them in existence anymore and I wonder how long Andrew wilk keep at it for saying enough. I think I am the type of cyclist most bike shops find worthless.
>
> Tom I don't know you other than the group but you ride and get into the political thing, that is ok at least I am not typing into a black hole.

Apparently there is a Google news group for posting pictures. Do you know anything about that?