24 Apr, 2024: Testing a new version of the Overboard here. If you have an issue post about it to rocksolid.nodes.help (I know. Everyone on Usenet has issues)

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2

SubjectAuthor
* Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2Tom Kunich
`* Re: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2Tom Kunich
 +- Re: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2russellseaton1@yahoo.com
 `- Re: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2funkma...@hotmail.com

1
Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2

<5f48de09-bfdc-4bca-99df-7979fd2c7261n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=53771&group=rec.bicycles.tech#53771

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 14:53:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 21:53 UTC

I installed
Dura Ace 11 speed Di2 on several bikes and it seems to me that the shifting could not possibly be any better. But when I look up Campagnolo EPS there seems to be a very large number of parts up on Ebay. This normally means that people don't like them.

Has anyone here used the Campy EPS and could they give us an opinion of how the 11 speed stuff works? I say 11 speed because it is all of the Record level parts that are easily available.

Re: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2

<4e49813d-b7d1-4266-a0a3-7e1fdc7dc36bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54157&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54157

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:07:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 15:07 UTC

On Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 2:53:28 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I installed
> Dura Ace 11 speed Di2 on several bikes and it seems to me that the shifting could not possibly be any better. But when I look up Campagnolo EPS there seems to be a very large number of parts up on Ebay. This normally means that people don't like them.
>
> Has anyone here used the Campy EPS and could they give us an opinion of how the 11 speed stuff works? I say 11 speed because it is all of the Record level parts that are easily available.

Don't you find it interesting that the hateful 5 who know everything that there is to know about bicycling, cannot answer a simple comparison question? The shifting on a Di2 bike cannot be improved. It is head and shoulders above manual shifting. The problem is that despite being able to auto-correct for overshifting etc you can do the same thing with manual shifting for a lot less money. Whereas people like Russell would buy a 730 horsepower Porsche if he could afford it, I bought a used Ford Taurus and am perfectly happy not driving down the road as if the cost of my car represents my social and intellectual position in life. Likewise I don't see the value in very good electronic shifting when manual shifting works well.

Re: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2

<85e55321-2eb1-48c6-8871-88279e5bda4an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54182&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54182

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 14:54:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 21:54 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 10:07:12 AM UTC-5, cycl...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 2:53:28 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I installed
> > Dura Ace 11 speed Di2 on several bikes and it seems to me that the shifting could not possibly be any better. But when I look up Campagnolo EPS there seems to be a very large number of parts up on Ebay. This normally means that people don't like them.
> >
> > Has anyone here used the Campy EPS and could they give us an opinion of how the 11 speed stuff works? I say 11 speed because it is all of the Record level parts that are easily available.
> Don't you find it interesting that the hateful 5 who know everything that there is to know about bicycling, cannot answer a simple comparison question? The shifting on a Di2 bike cannot be improved. It is head and shoulders above manual shifting. The problem is that despite being able to auto-correct for overshifting etc you can do the same thing with manual shifting for a lot less money. Whereas people like Russell would buy a 730 horsepower Porsche if he could afford it, I bought a used Ford Taurus and am perfectly happy not driving down the road as if the cost of my car represents my social and intellectual position in life. Likewise I don't see the value in very good electronic shifting when manual shifting works well.

Not sure what you are asking about Tommy. I own a Shimano Dura Ace Di2 7970 groupset. It has worked perfectly since the day I installed it back in 2010. I don't think I have ever even adjusted it once in that time. If my memory is correct, I think my family owned a Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable back in the late 1990s.

Tommy, do you see the dichotomy you just wrote above?
"The shifting on a Di2 bike cannot be improved."
"Likewise I don't see the value in very good electronic shifting when manual shifting works well."

Re: Campagnolo EPS vs Shimano Di2

<9cab3b56-137e-4dc7-ad11-ae594d592031n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54238&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54238

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 07:11:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:11 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11:07:12 AM UTC-4, cycl...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 2:53:28 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I installed
> > Dura Ace 11 speed Di2 on several bikes and it seems to me that the shifting could not possibly be any better. But when I look up Campagnolo EPS there seems to be a very large number of parts up on Ebay. This normally means that people don't like them.
> >
> > Has anyone here used the Campy EPS and could they give us an opinion of how the 11 speed stuff works? I say 11 speed because it is all of the Record level parts that are easily available.
> Don't you find it interesting that the hateful 5 who know everything that there is to know about bicycling, cannot answer a simple comparison question?

That's because - unlike you - most of of aren't going to claim experience with something we don't have. I have 10sp mechanical SRAM on all 3 of my road bikes and my CX bike. I'm running 11sp mechanical SRAM on my mountain bikes. I wouldn't be able to comment on Campagnolo EPS becasue I've never used it.

Unlike you, we've never claimed we know all there is to know about bicycles or bicycling.
Unlike you, we've never claimed to know everything about everything.

>I don't see the value in very good electronic shifting when manual shifting works well.

That's one thing I can agree with you on