We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Actual riding.

SubjectAuthor
* Actual riding.Tom Kunich
`- Re: Actual riding.funkma...@hotmail.com

1
Actual riding.

<55a91fe5-aa71-4bbe-b336-238928f11271n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54032&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54032

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 12:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Actual riding.
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:31 UTC

How many people here, particularly those spreading hatred far and wide actually ride bicycles would you suppose? Frank talks about riding a touring bike but at his age he would be hard pressed to keep up with a snail.

sms, John and Jeff clearly don't ride. So why is it that they post here at all?

Flunky and Russell both sound like they used to ride before Obama and only post now to maintain a political point of view.

There is a fairly large group of riders that don't post here anymore but look in now and again to see if anything has changed. The comments from the non-riders chases them away though every once in awhile one will ask what their comments have to do with bicycling.

Can you just imagine Frank saying that bicyclist don't get head injuries in large numbers? That it would be foolish to investigate ahead of time those MD's with experience in head injuries? Something that takes so little time and could be so effective towards your health! Without this knowledge I lost 2 years out of my life, sold off all of my bicycles and gear and tools without even knowing what I was doing.

Without my Federal Investigator friend I would now be dead and Flunky and Russell have no friends. Frank has a wife and you'd think that he would like to arm her with a just-in-case plan. Or maybe he just wouldn't trust her to follow it?

This used to be a large and active group though it was often wrapped around Jobst's little finger. He was most certainly an expert but he also had so little respect for anyone else that it was very often a Jobst love fest and little else.

Andrew and I actually work on bikes, He professionally and I as a hobbyist with top grade components and framesets. Why would someone that obviously hasn't ridden much in a decade dispute numbers? Why purely as a political position. And what would that have to do with bicycles? People that gain all of their information from Google have no place in this group.

And I'm not talking about those that would look up the brake bleeding process for disk brakes on Shimano or Avid which would be something that you could actually use. But those who want to argue that 2 lbs of extra weight from a steel frameset is important when they don't ride.

I could wish that some of these people could grow up, but we've already seen that they don't want to.

Re: Actual riding.

<0cf7d39f-a8be-4ec3-a27b-44a0efd51b1an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54054&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54054

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Actual riding.
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 19:12 UTC

On Sunday, March 27, 2022 at 3:31:45 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> How many people here, particularly those spreading hatred far and wide actually ride bicycles would you suppose?
> Frank talks about riding a touring bike but at his age he would be hard pressed to keep up with a snail.
>
> sms, John and Jeff clearly don't ride. So why is it that they post here at all?
>
> Flunky and Russell both sound like they used to ride before Obama and only post now to maintain a political point of view.

My strava profile tells a dramatically different story (which I've provided links to several times in this forum)

> There is a fairly large group of riders that don't post here anymore but look in now and again to see if anything has changed. The comments from the non-riders chases them away though every once in awhile one will ask what their comments have to do with bicycling.
>
> Can you just imagine Frank saying that bicyclist don't get head injuries in large numbers? That it would be foolish to investigate ahead of time those MD's with experience in head injuries? Something that takes so little time and could be so effective towards your health! Without this knowledge I lost 2 years out of my life, sold off all of my bicycles and gear and tools without even knowing what I was doing.
>
> Without my Federal Investigator friend I would now be dead and Flunky and Russell have no friends.

without your investigator friend....Russel and I would have no friends. Please tell us how your investigator friend would have any influence on how many friends russell and I have?

> I could wish that some of these people could grow up, but we've already seen that they don't want to.

Just a point of note: this thread, opening with the line "How many people here, particularly those spreading hatred far and wide...", insults 6 other members of the forum on a variety of topics. I'm quite sure the irony is completely lost on tommy (as is the irony of him saying everyone else should grow up)

Shut the fuck up tommy.