How many weeks are there in a light year?

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Physical condition

SubjectAuthor
* Physical conditionTom Kunich
`* Re: Physical conditionTom Kunich
 `* Re: Physical conditionWilliam Crowell
  `- Re: Physical conditionTom Kunich

1
Physical condition

<daa438a3-c4fc-4efd-bb62-1799d60e51d2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54340&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54340

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 17:06:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Physical condition
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 00:06 UTC

One of the guys I went riding with 6 miles from the start had a heart attack. Got him to the hospital and I spent 5 hours in the ER waiting for the doctors to talk to me. This is not a lot of fun.

His sister now tells me that the doctors tell her than he isn't showing any brain function which means he has hours to days to live without machine support. He is presently breathing and his heart is beating by itself.

He had a large blood clot that shut the main heart artery down. They had to give him a super blood thinner and this is normally inject directly into the clot. It can break up and send pieces into the brain there it can shut down blood flow. But when I went back the 200 yards to find out what had happened he was having a seizure which told me that he had already had clots in his brain. Two illegals passing by immediately started giving him heart massage helped by the 9-11 operator.

He COULD click back on but we'll see. Remember when you people were telling me that my 185 lbs was skinny at 6'4" and I showed you that that was the highest suggested weight for even a HEAVY build? Remember that when you step on the scales.

I would just as soon you were all around to give me crap rather than lying in a grave.

I have had people die in front of me before and I would just as soon not witness it again.

None of this had anything to do with covid-19 or vaccines or the cost of beer in his native Wisconsin where his weird sounding last name is as common as Smith is here. Now I have to talk long distance with his sister who is attending a product seminar in NYC.

Keep your suggested weight and eat a proper diet.

Re: Physical condition

<95f48aab-4f89-470e-85b8-23fb7529005an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54412&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54412

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 07:53:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Physical condition
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 14:53 UTC

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 5:06:26 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
> One of the guys I went riding with 6 miles from the start had a heart attack. Got him to the hospital and I spent 5 hours in the ER waiting for the doctors to talk to me. This is not a lot of fun.
>
> His sister now tells me that the doctors tell her than he isn't showing any brain function which means he has hours to days to live without machine support. He is presently breathing and his heart is beating by itself.
>
> He had a large blood clot that shut the main heart artery down. They had to give him a super blood thinner and this is normally inject directly into the clot. It can break up and send pieces into the brain there it can shut down blood flow. But when I went back the 200 yards to find out what had happened he was having a seizure which told me that he had already had clots in his brain. Two illegals passing by immediately started giving him heart massage helped by the 9-11 operator.
>
> He COULD click back on but we'll see. Remember when you people were telling me that my 185 lbs was skinny at 6'4" and I showed you that that was the highest suggested weight for even a HEAVY build? Remember that when you step on the scales.
>
> I would just as soon you were all around to give me crap rather than lying in a grave.
>
> I have had people die in front of me before and I would just as soon not witness it again.
>
> None of this had anything to do with covid-19 or vaccines or the cost of beer in his native Wisconsin where his weird sounding last name is as common as Smith is here. Now I have to talk long distance with his sister who is attending a product seminar in NYC.
>
> Keep your suggested weight and eat a proper diet.

They took him over to another hospital for a CT scan to look for any bleeding in the brain. Found none but he is still not breathing on his own. Being on a ventilator is not a good sign, And the hospital he is in is a Catholic charity hospital and since I'm not a relative they won't talk to me anymore. The doctors largely do charity work there but the nurses seem professional as hell.

Re: Physical condition

<beb868d2-f72d-4822-96c3-9a997d7a92a8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54419&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54419

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 11:22:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 18:22 UTC

On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 7:53:45 AM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 5:06:26 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > One of the guys I went riding with 6 miles from the start had a heart attack. Got him to the hospital and I spent 5 hours in the ER waiting for the doctors to talk to me. This is not a lot of fun.
> >
> > His sister now tells me that the doctors tell her than he isn't showing any brain function which means he has hours to days to live without machine support. He is presently breathing and his heart is beating by itself.
> >
> > He had a large blood clot that shut the main heart artery down. They had to give him a super blood thinner and this is normally inject directly into the clot. It can break up and send pieces into the brain there it can shut down blood flow. But when I went back the 200 yards to find out what had happened he was having a seizure which told me that he had already had clots in his brain. Two illegals passing by immediately started giving him heart massage helped by the 9-11 operator.
> >
> > He COULD click back on but we'll see. Remember when you people were telling me that my 185 lbs was skinny at 6'4" and I showed you that that was the highest suggested weight for even a HEAVY build? Remember that when you step on the scales.
> >
> > I would just as soon you were all around to give me crap rather than lying in a grave.
> >
> > I have had people die in front of me before and I would just as soon not witness it again.
> >
> > None of this had anything to do with covid-19 or vaccines or the cost of beer in his native Wisconsin where his weird sounding last name is as common as Smith is here. Now I have to talk long distance with his sister who is attending a product seminar in NYC.
> >
> > Keep your suggested weight and eat a proper diet.
> They took him over to another hospital for a CT scan to look for any bleeding in the brain. Found none but he is still not breathing on his own. Being on a ventilator is not a good sign, And the hospital he is in is a Catholic charity hospital and since I'm not a relative they won't talk to me anymore. The doctors largely do charity work there but the nurses seem professional as hell.
The reason they won't talk to you is due to patient privacy rights under HIPAA, not because it is a Catholic hospital.

Re: Physical condition

<35bc61df-e376-4a84-8086-34faca52b906n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54423&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54423

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 12:49:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 19:49 UTC

On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 11:22:29 AM UTC-7, William Crowell wrote:
> On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 7:53:45 AM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 5:06:26 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > > One of the guys I went riding with 6 miles from the start had a heart attack. Got him to the hospital and I spent 5 hours in the ER waiting for the doctors to talk to me. This is not a lot of fun.
> > >
> > > His sister now tells me that the doctors tell her than he isn't showing any brain function which means he has hours to days to live without machine support. He is presently breathing and his heart is beating by itself.
> > >
> > > He had a large blood clot that shut the main heart artery down. They had to give him a super blood thinner and this is normally inject directly into the clot. It can break up and send pieces into the brain there it can shut down blood flow. But when I went back the 200 yards to find out what had happened he was having a seizure which told me that he had already had clots in his brain. Two illegals passing by immediately started giving him heart massage helped by the 9-11 operator.
> > >
> > > He COULD click back on but we'll see. Remember when you people were telling me that my 185 lbs was skinny at 6'4" and I showed you that that was the highest suggested weight for even a HEAVY build? Remember that when you step on the scales.
> > >
> > > I would just as soon you were all around to give me crap rather than lying in a grave.
> > >
> > > I have had people die in front of me before and I would just as soon not witness it again.
> > >
> > > None of this had anything to do with covid-19 or vaccines or the cost of beer in his native Wisconsin where his weird sounding last name is as common as Smith is here. Now I have to talk long distance with his sister who is attending a product seminar in NYC.
> > >
> > > Keep your suggested weight and eat a proper diet.
> > They took him over to another hospital for a CT scan to look for any bleeding in the brain. Found none but he is still not breathing on his own. Being on a ventilator is not a good sign, And the hospital he is in is a Catholic charity hospital and since I'm not a relative they won't talk to me anymore. The doctors largely do charity work there but the nurses seem professional as hell.
> The reason they won't talk to you is due to patient privacy rights under HIPAA, not because it is a Catholic hospital.

I didn't assume that it was because it was a Catholic hospital but because it is policy to only talk to family since they pass out that anti-addition drugs to addicts. Therefore they don't talk to anyone since it might be cops.