The bug stops here.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / The Woke Crowd at Work

SubjectAuthor
* The Woke Crowd at WorkTom Kunich
+- Re: The Woke Crowd at Workfunkma...@hotmail.com
+* Re: The Woke Crowd at WorkJeff Liebermann
|`- Re: The Woke Crowd at Workfunkma...@hotmail.com
`* Re: The Woke Crowd at WorkJohn B.
 `* Re: The Woke Crowd at Workrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
  `- Re: The Woke Crowd at WorkJohn B.

1
The Woke Crowd at Work

<8bdb88b8-8abe-49b1-9469-52b209ada1acn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54452&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54452

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:18:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Woke Crowd at Work
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 16:18 UTC

Here is the sort of information that is on the information highway for you and why there is nothing referenced by Google that means one thing.

"San Leandro Burger Joint Named Best Burger In US
The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"

In fact, there isn't a single mention of any burger joint in San Leandro, this is an utter falsehood perpetrated by the sort of people that makes John Slocum a hero in his own mind. The sort of internet that tells you in 18,000 locations that Ivermectin doesn't work and that it is dangerous which is why so many doctors are proscribing it for treatment of covid-19 and that it is one of the least dangerous drugs in the entire cornucopia.

The same Google who reports via the CDC that almost a million people have been killed by covid-19 after I demonstrated that internal documents of the CDC show that less than 8,000 people have died from it.

They wish you to believe that if you die from pneumonia and test positive for the common cold that it caused the pneumonia and killed you. They wish you to believe that a paper mask can protect you from an airborne virus that is almost 7 times smaller than the breathing pores in an operating room grade mask.

And the stupid 6 are not only willing to believe this but without a single second of R&D in medical science are willing to argue that a supposed 30% increase in deaths, which would have people dropping dead all over the place is actually occurring not because of a pandemic of hard drug use but because of a virus which is only dangerous to old people (average age of death is 88) with severe health problems.

To believe one word from the NIH or the CDC is to make an utter fool out of yourself.

Re: The Woke Crowd at Work

<10a0af51-7d94-4118-b13c-3a7e2aea6e9cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54457&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54457

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Woke Crowd at Work
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 17:45 UTC

On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 12:18:49 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Here is the sort of information that is on the information highway for you and why there is nothing referenced by Google that means one thing.
>
> "San Leandro Burger Joint Named Best Burger In US
> The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"
>
> In fact, there isn't a single mention of any burger joint in San Leandro, this is an utter falsehood perpetrated by the sort of people that makes John Slocum a hero in his own mind.

It's called click bait, you half-wit. Guess who got suckered.

> The sort of internet that tells you in 18,000 locations that Ivermectin doesn't work and that it is dangerous which is why so many doctors are proscribing it
> for treatment of covid-19 and that it is one of the least dangerous drugs in the entire cornucopia.

hmmmm....do we believe Tommy, or JAMA and NEJM?

From the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), feb 18 2022
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2789362

"Efficacy of Ivermectin Treatment on Disease Progression Among Adults With Mild to Moderate COVID-19 and Comorbidities

Conclusions and Relevance: In this randomized clinical trial of high-risk patients with mild to moderate COVID-19, ivermectin treatment during early illness did not prevent progression to severe disease. The study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for patients with COVID-19."

500 patients were recruited for this study

From The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), march 30, 2022

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869
Effect of Early Treatment with Ivermectin among Patients with Covid-19
"Conclusions
Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19."

3500 patients were recruited for this study

> The same Google who reports via the CDC that almost a million people have been killed by covid-19 after I demonstrated that internal documents of the CDC show that less than 8,000 people have died from it.

For the 1000th time, sparky, no, you didn't. You deliberately ignored the real data and twisted the data you _did_ read..

> They wish you to believe that if you die from pneumonia and test positive for the common cold that it caused the pneumonia and killed you.
> They wish you to believe that a paper mask can protect you from an airborne virus that is almost 7 times smaller than the breathing pores in an operating room grade mask.

It might help if you understood the dynamics of vector -bourne disease transmission. hint - covid 19 doesn't travel effectively without a vector.

> And the stupid 6 are not only willing to believe this but without a single second of R&D in medical science are willing to argue that a supposed 30% increase in deaths, which would have people dropping dead all over > the place is actually occurring not because of a pandemic of hard drug use but because of a virus which is only dangerous to old people (average age of death is 88) with severe health problems.
>
> To believe one word from the NIH or the CDC is to make an utter fool out of yourself.

But much less of a fool than to take the word of a technician who thinks his experience working for a medical electronics company trumps that of experienced and educated disease researchers, and whose "proof" is demonstrably false by any reasonably read lay-person.

Re: The Woke Crowd at Work

<rfmr4hpltprr862qpoj8q58f21jm1dprbc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54458&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54458

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:40:47 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:40 UTC

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:18:47 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>Here is the sort of information that is on the information highway for you and why there is nothing referenced by Google that means one thing.

If Google can't find it, it doesn't exist.

>"San Leandro Burger Joint Named Best Burger In US
>The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"

No URL? Well, let's see if Google can find anything:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=%22San+Leandro+Burger+Joint+Named+Best+Burger+In+US+The+30+Best+Burgers+You+Can+Find+In+America%22>
Nope. Nothing found in San Leandro.

Let's try a shorter search string:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=%22San+Leandro+Burger+Joint+Named+Best+Burger+In+US%22>
We may have a winner:
Original Giant Burger 750 Doolittle Dr, San Leandro, CA
No web site, no awards. Oh well.

Maybe just looking for the best burger in San Leandro:
"The Best 10 Burgers in San Leandro, CA"
<https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=burgers&find_loc=San+Leandro%2C+CA>

"Best Burger Restaurant in San Leandro"
<https://www.zomato.com/san-leandro-ca/best-san-leandro-san-leandro-burger-restaurants>

"San Leandro Burgers"
<https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33023-zfd10907-San_Leandro_California-Hamburger.html>

Well, maybe you cut and pasted the title in reverse order? Yep. Nice
of you to make things difficult for the few that actually read your
amazing postings:
"The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"
<https://admin.noteabley.com/recipes/best-burgers-america-tb/>
However, nothing listed under San Leandro. There are some listing
other California restaurants, but nothing in San Leandro. Could it be
that (again) fabricated an amazing fact for this occasion (also known
as a lie)?

>In fact, there isn't a single mention of any burger joint in San Leandro,

Yep. Without you also posting your sources, that's what you will get.

Gone for lunch. Looking at all those burgers has made me hungry.
However, I haven't had a meat burger in many years and might try a
veggie burger if available.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: The Woke Crowd at Work

<8f6ee580-1144-405e-ae77-145ee43f187fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54459&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54459

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 19:10 UTC

On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 2:40:59 PM UTC-4, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:18:47 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Here is the sort of information that is on the information highway for you and why there is nothing referenced by Google that means one thing.
> If Google can't find it, it doesn't exist.
> >"San Leandro Burger Joint Named Best Burger In US
> >The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"
> No URL? Well, let's see if Google can find anything:
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=%22San+Leandro+Burger+Joint+Named+Best+Burger+In+US+The+30+Best+Burgers+You+Can+Find+In+America%22>
> Nope. Nothing found in San Leandro.
>
> Let's try a shorter search string:
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=%22San+Leandro+Burger+Joint+Named+Best+Burger+In+US%22>
> We may have a winner:
> Original Giant Burger 750 Doolittle Dr, San Leandro, CA
> No web site, no awards. Oh well.
>
> Maybe just looking for the best burger in San Leandro:
> "The Best 10 Burgers in San Leandro, CA"
> <https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=burgers&find_loc=San+Leandro%2C+CA>
>
> "Best Burger Restaurant in San Leandro"
> <https://www.zomato.com/san-leandro-ca/best-san-leandro-san-leandro-burger-restaurants>
>
> "San Leandro Burgers"
> <https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33023-zfd10907-San_Leandro_California-Hamburger.html>
>
> Well, maybe you cut and pasted the title in reverse order? Yep. Nice
> of you to make things difficult for the few that actually read your
> amazing postings:
> "The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"
> <https://admin.noteabley.com/recipes/best-burgers-america-tb/>
> However, nothing listed under San Leandro. There are some listing
> other California restaurants, but nothing in San Leandro. Could it be
> that (again) fabricated an amazing fact for this occasion (also known
> as a lie)?
> >In fact, there isn't a single mention of any burger joint in San Leandro,
> Yep. Without you also posting your sources, that's what you will get.
>
> Gone for lunch. Looking at all those burgers has made me hungry.
> However, I haven't had a meat burger in many years and might try a
> veggie burger if available.
>
> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

What he actually saw was an advertisement disguised as news aka click bait. These show up on websites one visits as a tailored ad based on your search history, with the location of your IP address filled in as location. I don't get ads for hamburgers, but I'll regularly see ads for car pars or other restaurant genres such as "best oil filters in haverhill" or "best mexican food in haverhill". Of course, clicking on that ad would take me to some less-than-reputable website which may or may not have car parts, mexican restarants, or even anything listed in haverhill.

Tommy got suckered into click bait. It's as simple as that.

Re: The Woke Crowd at Work

<br4s4hl8d0t9bkqu9q5v3vrnf1n4c3devd@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54460&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54460

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 05:32:51 +0700
 by: John B. - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 22:32 UTC

<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>Here is the sort of information that is on the information highway for you and why there is nothing referenced by Google that means one thing.
>
>"San Leandro Burger Joint Named Best Burger In US
>The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"
>
>In fact, there isn't a single mention of any burger joint in San Leandro, this is an utter falsehood perpetrated by the sort of people that makes John Slocum a hero in his own mind. The sort of internet that tells you in 18,000 locations that Ivermectin doesn't work and that it is dangerous which is why so many doctors are proscribing it for treatment of covid-19 and that it is one of the least dangerous drugs in the entire cornucopia.
>
>The same Google who reports via the CDC that almost a million people have been killed by covid-19 after I demonstrated that internal documents of the CDC show that less than 8,000 people have died from it.
>
>They wish you to believe that if you die from pneumonia and test positive for the common cold that it caused the pneumonia and killed you. They wish you to believe that a paper mask can protect you from an airborne virus that is almost 7 times smaller than the breathing pores in an operating room grade mask.
>
>And the stupid 6 are not only willing to believe this but without a single second of R&D in medical science are willing to argue that a supposed 30% increase in deaths, which would have people dropping dead all over the place is actually occurring not because of a pandemic of hard drug use but because of a virus which is only dangerous to old people (average age of death is 88) with severe health problems.
>
>To believe one word from the NIH or the CDC is to make an utter fool out of yourself.

Yup, that Google is bad, bad, bad.

I googled "Tom Kunich is an ass" and got 7,880,000 hits. then I
googled "tom kunich is a fool" and got 3,430,000 and then tried "tom
kunich is a liar" and got 2,510,000.

Apparent Tommy Boy is a foolish ass that tells lies.

Oh, that's right he doesn't like google.

Because they tell the truth?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: The Woke Crowd at Work

<30bbd8ad-b534-4e08-82f2-d0b00f7e70ecn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54463&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54463

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 16:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 23:51 UTC

On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 5:33:02 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:18:47 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Here is the sort of information that is on the information highway for you and why there is nothing referenced by Google that means one thing.
> >
> >"San Leandro Burger Joint Named Best Burger In US
> >The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"
> >
> >In fact, there isn't a single mention of any burger joint in San Leandro, this is an utter falsehood perpetrated by the sort of people that makes John Slocum a hero in his own mind. The sort of internet that tells you in 18,000 locations that Ivermectin doesn't work and that it is dangerous which is why so many doctors are proscribing it for treatment of covid-19 and that it is one of the least dangerous drugs in the entire cornucopia.
> >
> >The same Google who reports via the CDC that almost a million people have been killed by covid-19 after I demonstrated that internal documents of the CDC show that less than 8,000 people have died from it.
> >
> >They wish you to believe that if you die from pneumonia and test positive for the common cold that it caused the pneumonia and killed you. They wish you to believe that a paper mask can protect you from an airborne virus that is almost 7 times smaller than the breathing pores in an operating room grade mask.
> >
> >And the stupid 6 are not only willing to believe this but without a single second of R&D in medical science are willing to argue that a supposed 30% increase in deaths, which would have people dropping dead all over the place is actually occurring not because of a pandemic of hard drug use but because of a virus which is only dangerous to old people (average age of death is 88) with severe health problems.
> >
> >To believe one word from the NIH or the CDC is to make an utter fool out of yourself.
> Yup, that Google is bad, bad, bad.
>
> I googled "Tom Kunich is an ass" and got 7,880,000 hits. then I
> googled "tom kunich is a fool" and got 3,430,000 and then tried "tom
> kunich is a liar" and got 2,510,000.
>
> Apparent Tommy Boy is a foolish ass that tells lies.
>
> Oh, that's right he doesn't like google.
>
> Because they tell the truth?
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John B.

I am confused. John, you say on the Google Tommy podium, we have "ass" at #1, "fool" at #2, and "liar" at #3. Now, there is no arguing he is not all three. But I dispute the order. I believe Google should have 7,880,000 hits for liar. 7,879,999 hits for fool. And 7,879,998 hits for ass. He lies 110% of the time. But rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, he is not a fool and an ass. Its rare. But sometimes he gets lucky and omits the fool and ass part in his lie. He innocently tells a lie.

Re: The Woke Crowd at Work

<gmas4hp4ui2d2eu5o3e5fvkrhguufcfa1h@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54464&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54464

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 07:13:42 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 00:13 UTC

On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 16:51:15 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
<ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 5:33:02 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2022 09:18:47 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Here is the sort of information that is on the information highway for you and why there is nothing referenced by Google that means one thing.
>> >
>> >"San Leandro Burger Joint Named Best Burger In US
>> >The 30 Best Burgers You Can Find In America"
>> >
>> >In fact, there isn't a single mention of any burger joint in San Leandro, this is an utter falsehood perpetrated by the sort of people that makes John Slocum a hero in his own mind. The sort of internet that tells you in 18,000 locations that Ivermectin doesn't work and that it is dangerous which is why so many doctors are proscribing it for treatment of covid-19 and that it is one of the least dangerous drugs in the entire cornucopia.
>> >
>> >The same Google who reports via the CDC that almost a million people have been killed by covid-19 after I demonstrated that internal documents of the CDC show that less than 8,000 people have died from it.
>> >
>> >They wish you to believe that if you die from pneumonia and test positive for the common cold that it caused the pneumonia and killed you. They wish you to believe that a paper mask can protect you from an airborne virus that is almost 7 times smaller than the breathing pores in an operating room grade mask.
>> >
>> >And the stupid 6 are not only willing to believe this but without a single second of R&D in medical science are willing to argue that a supposed 30% increase in deaths, which would have people dropping dead all over the place is actually occurring not because of a pandemic of hard drug use but because of a virus which is only dangerous to old people (average age of death is 88) with severe health problems.
>> >
>> >To believe one word from the NIH or the CDC is to make an utter fool out of yourself.
>> Yup, that Google is bad, bad, bad.
>>
>> I googled "Tom Kunich is an ass" and got 7,880,000 hits. then I
>> googled "tom kunich is a fool" and got 3,430,000 and then tried "tom
>> kunich is a liar" and got 2,510,000.
>>
>> Apparent Tommy Boy is a foolish ass that tells lies.
>>
>> Oh, that's right he doesn't like google.
>>
>> Because they tell the truth?
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> John B.
>
>I am confused. John, you say on the Google Tommy podium, we have "ass" at #1, "fool" at #2, and "liar" at #3. Now, there is no arguing he is not all three. But I dispute the order. I believe Google should have 7,880,000 hits for liar. 7,879,999 hits for fool. And 7,879,998 hits for ass. He lies 110% of the time. But rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely, he is not a fool and an ass. Its rare. But sometimes he gets lucky and omits the fool and ass part in his lie. He innocently tells a lie.

Well, I didn't apply the descriptions in any sense of order, just as
they came to mind, so to speak. And my findings, again, were not in
any special order, simply in a sequence that "sounded right". After
all, "Tommy is an ass, liar, fool" just doesn't have the ring to it as
does "Tommy is a foolish ass that lies".

Although on second thought it might have been an "ass that lies
foolishly".
--
Cheers,

John B.