The Universe is populated by stable things. -- Richard Dawkins

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

SubjectAuthor
* Ebay vs CraigslistTom Kunich
+- Re: Ebay vs Craigslistsms
+* Re: Ebay vs CraigslistJeff Liebermann
|+* Re: Ebay vs CraigslistAMuzi
||+- Re: Ebay vs CraigslistJeff Liebermann
||`* Re: Ebay vs CraigslistTom Kunich
|| `- Re: Ebay vs CraigslistJeff Liebermann
|`- Re: Ebay vs Craigslistrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
`* Re: Ebay vs CraigslistAMuzi
 `* Re: Ebay vs CraigslistTom Kunich
  `* Re: Ebay vs Craigslistrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
   `* Re: Ebay vs Craigslistfunkma...@hotmail.com
    `- Re: Ebay vs Craigslistrussellseaton1@yahoo.com

1
Ebay vs Craigslist

<cef5fb8a-da98-4683-a0b2-81e953f422e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54597&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54597

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ebay vs Craigslist
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 20:18 UTC

While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.

In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<t329f9$57v$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54605&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54605

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Ebay vs Craigslist
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:18:17 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:18 UTC

On 4/11/2022 1:53 PM, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 3:18:44 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
>>
>> In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.
>
> Tommy, the eBay inquires were just baiting you. Playing with you. F-cking you. If they were serious about buying the bike they would have bought the bike at your asking price, or bid on it if you were using the bid system, or just remained silent until you lowered the price to a reasonable amount. I am making the assumption that you listed the bike at an astronomical price because you think everything you touch and own is plated in gold and is worth a billion dollars.

eBay is definitely a better bet because you have a lot more potential
buyers, many of whom don't know what things are worth. You often see
items on eBay that are listed for prices much higher than they can be
purchased new from Amazon. Craigslist buyers tend to be looking for more
of a garage sale type low price.

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<iv895h5qktkv1iv2jgp2v167qe3nf9vkeg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54606&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54606

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:20:40 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:20 UTC

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:18:43 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
>In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.

Prior to yesterday (4/11/2022), you had exactly one listing on both
eBay and Craigslist for a Colnago CLX 3.0. It's been like that for
months:
<https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/san-leandro-2015-colnago-clx30-size-xl/7465855616.html>
As of today, the Colnago is no longer on Craigslist and I could find
no other listings for your bicycles. You're inability to sell this
Colnago is more likely due to the price or the extra-large frame size,
than your perceived "nothing is moving".

You also had a listing for the same Colnago on eBay. Looks like you
dropped the buy it now price in early March and April 2022:
<https://www.ebay.com/rvh/294442844289?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l48144>
Yesterday, two listings, for two of your titanium bicycles, appeared
on eBay. These initially had some formatting problems, which you
fixed last night. You also added two more bicycles:
<https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=tomk37&_sop=10>

I'm not keeping track, but it looks like most of your bicycle stable
is for sale. What do you have left to ride? (I haven't been reading
RBT for about a week).

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<t32f0o$79c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54611&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54611

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:52:53 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 23:52 UTC

On 4/11/2022 3:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
>
> In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.

Writing style is very different for craigslist than for
ebay. Photos are different as well. And there's The Face
Book Market, which younger people prefer and I assume a
different style again. Seriously have you thought of
engaging a younger person (relative, acquaintance, child of
a friend). They see things and know things we do not.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<t32fnf$b7k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54613&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54613

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:05:00 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 00:05 UTC

On 4/11/2022 5:20 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:18:43 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
>> In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.
>
> Prior to yesterday (4/11/2022), you had exactly one listing on both
> eBay and Craigslist for a Colnago CLX 3.0. It's been like that for
> months:
> <https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/san-leandro-2015-colnago-clx30-size-xl/7465855616.html>
> As of today, the Colnago is no longer on Craigslist and I could find
> no other listings for your bicycles. You're inability to sell this
> Colnago is more likely due to the price or the extra-large frame size,
> than your perceived "nothing is moving".
>
> You also had a listing for the same Colnago on eBay. Looks like you
> dropped the buy it now price in early March and April 2022:
> <https://www.ebay.com/rvh/294442844289?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l48144>
> Yesterday, two listings, for two of your titanium bicycles, appeared
> on eBay. These initially had some formatting problems, which you
> fixed last night. You also added two more bicycles:
> <https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=tomk37&_sop=10>
>
> I'm not keeping track, but it looks like most of your bicycle stable
> is for sale. What do you have left to ride? (I haven't been reading
> RBT for about a week).

Recent Colnago bicycle 'completed auctions' on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=colnago+bicycle&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

Note some of those were withdrawn or expired, not sold.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<9rl95hd172digs1g1rjkrqmu3clrqefnc7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54616&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54616

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:51:13 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 01:51 UTC

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:05:00 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 4/11/2022 5:20 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

>> Prior to yesterday (4/11/2022), you had exactly one listing on both
>> eBay and Craigslist for a Colnago CLX 3.0.

>Recent Colnago bicycle 'completed auctions' on ebay:
>https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=colnago+bicycle&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1
>Note some of those were withdrawn or expired, not sold.

Methinks you want sold, not including withdrawn or expired:
<https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=colnago+bicycle&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1>
Check the "sold items" box under the "show only" filter. Doing so
will also automagically check the "completed items" box.

There are some other sites that provide something of a pricing guide:
<https://checkaflip.com/search/fresh/colnago%20bicycle>
<https://checkaflip.com/search/fresh/colnago%20CLX%203.0%20bicycle>
Comparable prices for Tom's Colnago are all over the place. The
included Di2 shifting system adds quite a bit of value. I don't do
high end bicycles, so appraising Tom's bicycle is out of my depth.

Some other eBay price trackers:

Average Finder:
<https://averagefinder.com>

Ebay Terapeak:
<https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/terapeak.html>

Marksight:
<https://marksight.com>

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<52d03f99-bbf6-4578-9630-dd4f5149d4dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54621&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54621

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 21:25:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 04:25 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 5:20:50 PM UTC-5, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:18:43 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
> >In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.
> Prior to yesterday (4/11/2022), you had exactly one listing on both
> eBay and Craigslist for a Colnago CLX 3.0. It's been like that for
> months:
> <https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/san-leandro-2015-colnago-clx30-size-xl/7465855616.html>
> As of today, the Colnago is no longer on Craigslist and I could find
> no other listings for your bicycles. You're inability to sell this
> Colnago is more likely due to the price or the extra-large frame size,
> than your perceived "nothing is moving".
>
> You also had a listing for the same Colnago on eBay. Looks like you
> dropped the buy it now price in early March and April 2022:
> <https://www.ebay.com/rvh/294442844289?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l48144>
> Yesterday, two listings, for two of your titanium bicycles, appeared
> on eBay. These initially had some formatting problems, which you
> fixed last night. You also added two more bicycles:
> <https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=tomk37&_sop=10>
>
> I'm not keeping track, but it looks like most of your bicycle stable
> is for sale. What do you have left to ride? (I haven't been reading
> RBT for about a week).
>

> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Tommy has lots of problems with his Colnago bike advertisement. With the pictures anyway. The whole bike pictures show Campagnolo shifters and crankset. But then the detailed pictures show Shimano Di2 shifters and FSA crankset. One would think someone as genius, intelligent, smart, intellectually advanced as our Tommy, would know to get his pictures right on an advertisement. I can only imagine an eBay looker seeing the pictures of the Campagnolo Ergo shifters and crankset and then seeing pictures of Di2 shifters and FSA cranks and wondering what the F-ck is being sold here. His description does state Di2 parts and FSA crank. But the whole bike pictures show differently. No way on earth I would bid on something like that. A bidder would not know what is being sold or how he is being cheated.

Very odd a genius, as Tommy describes himself, would put up such a deceitful, deceiving advertisement.

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<c9865e58-e8f7-4233-aacf-c74b486cbd66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54629&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54629

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 07:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:22 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 5:05:06 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 4/11/2022 5:20 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:18:43 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> > <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
> >> In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.
> >
> > Prior to yesterday (4/11/2022), you had exactly one listing on both
> > eBay and Craigslist for a Colnago CLX 3.0. It's been like that for
> > months:
> > <https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/san-leandro-2015-colnago-clx30-size-xl/7465855616.html>
> > As of today, the Colnago is no longer on Craigslist and I could find
> > no other listings for your bicycles. You're inability to sell this
> > Colnago is more likely due to the price or the extra-large frame size,
> > than your perceived "nothing is moving".
> >
> > You also had a listing for the same Colnago on eBay. Looks like you
> > dropped the buy it now price in early March and April 2022:
> > <https://www.ebay.com/rvh/294442844289?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l48144>
> > Yesterday, two listings, for two of your titanium bicycles, appeared
> > on eBay. These initially had some formatting problems, which you
> > fixed last night. You also added two more bicycles:
> > <https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=tomk37&_sop=10>
> >
> > I'm not keeping track, but it looks like most of your bicycle stable
> > is for sale. What do you have left to ride? (I haven't been reading
> > RBT for about a week).
> >

> Recent Colnago bicycle 'completed auctions' on ebay:
>
> https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=colnago+bicycle&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1
>
> Note some of those were withdrawn or expired, not sold.

Very few of those were sold. I had Ebay show me my C50 frameset directly. I hadn't any idea that they made carbon bikes in my actual size. This is basically why I'm getting ride of everything else. It is probably my forever bike. I've already started getting offers on the bikes I posted. It looks like people are returning to metal. Are carbon bikes really failing enough to scare a lot of people? Or do you suppose that it is nothing more than the rumor mill caused by the cheapo bikes failing?

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<qf8b5hhb45d3686kfp5jjs6137v0dmqqlp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54633&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54633

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 09:02:25 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:02 UTC

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 07:22:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>Very few of those were sold.

83 Colnago bicycles sold on eBay since Jan 10, 2022:
<https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=colnago+bicycle&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1>

36 Colnago carbon fiber bicycles sold on eBay since Jan 10, 2022:
<https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=colnago+bicycle&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&Material=Carbon%2520Fiber&_dcat=177831>

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<d0b2b7b4-30cf-40d9-9fd7-bf5cf810fb93n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54637&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54637

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 10:50:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 17:50 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 4:52:59 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 4/11/2022 3:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
> >
> > In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.
> >
> Writing style is very different for craigslist than for
> ebay. Photos are different as well. And there's The Face
> Book Market, which younger people prefer and I assume a
> different style again. Seriously have you thought of
> engaging a younger person (relative, acquaintance, child of
> a friend). They see things and know things we do not.

I see no difference about my describing a bike for sale and someone younger doing so. This is I guess a rather odd thread. It says that 10 entries are here but I can only see the two from you and mine. But there are some 29 views so either Club Stupid are re-reading this over and over or other people that do not post are watching the subject.

I can detect differences in my postings on Ebay as compared to others but in general I try to be more descriptive than other people who do not list components or pluses and minuses of the item. Don't you think that it would be better to let people know that Centaur Power Shift is different than Record Ultra Shift? While riding I discovered that I simply cannot tell much difference. Coming over the top of a hill I have to click into smaller cogs by ticking off the lever a lot, but the highest class SRAM has the same problem. Even SRAM electronic shifting has that problem. So I guess it isn't much of a handicap but at least you should know it's there.

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<80bbab80-bb1e-4264-9896-91a7492c56f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54641&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54641

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:04:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 22:04 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 12:50:11 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 4:52:59 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> > On 4/11/2022 3:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > > While nothing is moving on Craigslist, in the first day of my postings on Ebay I have had 2 enquiries on one of the bikes I posted.
> > >
> > > In over a month I have had absolutely nothing from Craigslist.
> > >
> > Writing style is very different for craigslist than for
> > ebay. Photos are different as well. And there's The Face
> > Book Market, which younger people prefer and I assume a
> > different style again. Seriously have you thought of
> > engaging a younger person (relative, acquaintance, child of
> > a friend). They see things and know things we do not.
> I see no difference about my describing a bike for sale and someone younger doing so.

The younger person would probably use proper English in their sentences since they were recently in school and learned something. Graduate, not dropout. See below for a description of what I mean.

> This is I guess a rather odd thread. It says that 10 entries are here but I can only see the two from you and mine. But there are some 29 views so either Club Stupid are re-reading this over and over or other people that do not post are watching the subject.
>
> I can detect differences in my postings on Ebay as compared to others but in general I try to be more descriptive

Some examples from your posts on eBay:

"The front triangle is aluminum and the rear triangle is heavy carbon fiber, I had a Colnago built in this same fashion and it moved around so much that it scrapped the finish off of the B-stay."
I have never seen carbon fiber described as "heavy". Your first comma in the sentence should be a period. And then the start of a new sentence with "I had...". You use of the word "scrapped" is incorrect. It should be "scraped". If you had taken English in school, or understood the usage of a dictionary, you would not make these lazy mistakes.

"Daytona (later Centaur) dual pivot brakes (I think these better than the later skeleton brakes)"
Add "are" between the words these and better in the above parenthesis. I understand if you are in a gang and talking to your home boys, then saying "I think these better" may be appropriate diction. But not in civilized speech. And not on eBay either.

"They manufactured many different road bikes made out of many types of material."
I am guessing, just guessing, that Douglas/Colorado Cyclist, made bicycles from the four commonly used frame materials. Carbon, steel, aluminum, titanium. But maybe not steel. You think it is "more descriptive" to say three or maybe four frame materials is "many types of material"? I've never thought of 3 or 4 as many. Although I suppose there are situations where 3 or 4 would be many. Such as partners during the night. For example.

"a limited number of shifts for each lever motion but nothing that actually limits you. What good is it being able to shift 4 speeds faster if you are only shifting once? It will shift 3 gears "slower" but usually you're very close to the gear you want so that is little more than pudding on the cake.."
Opinion on your part. Relevant to describing and selling a bike? No.

"These 2nd generation levers are a vast improvement over the 1st generation and shift perfectly on gear. The shifting of Campagnolo is much more intuitive than Shimano. I am now 77 and until this year I never needed a low gear more than the 34-28 that Campy 10 speeds offer. In my 40's I used to climb the worst climbs in a 39 - 25. According to my Garmin in the last 12 months I have climbed 125,000 feet so it isn't as if this bike hasn't been thoroughly tested."
Opinion and BRAGGING out your Wazoo. Relevant to selling a bike on eBay?

"I absolutely must thin my collection since I am now completely out of room"
Does the buyer care about your excuse for selling the bike? Relevance?

"Airborne Zepelline"
Tommy, are you even educated enough to know that the model is "Zeppelin"? No extra "e" on the end as you put in the title and description. If you had actually looked at the bike's toptube, you would have easily seen it says "Zeppelin". And also in the description portion you wrote "Country/Region of Manufacture: United Kingdom". Where did you make up the lie that this frame is made in England?

"FDA carbon crank SLK"
Do you know this brand is "FSA", not FDA? FDA in the USA usually means Food & Drug Administration. A department in the federal government. Now, I know "S" and "D" are located right next to each other on the keyboard. So most likely a simple typing error on your part. But this is a sure sign of your habitual lack of proofreading. A sign of the uneducated. Educated people are taught to proofread their work before submission to catch simple misspellings and grammatical errors.

"The 11-28 cogset and chain are new or barely used, the Record rear derailleur has a medium length arm."
Very odd to make one sentence with two disjointed traits. Talking about the cogs and chain being new or used in the first part of the sentence, and then discussing the length of the rear derailleur arm in the second part of the sentence. I am aware you are uneducated and have no knowledge of English writing. But usually, always, you relate the different parts of a sentence. You only talk about one topic in a sentence. And paragraph too.

"The front derailleur is a Centaur that was new when installed."
Very confusing sentence. Is the front derailleur still new because it was installed new and is unused since installation? Or was it new when installed and you have used it since so it is used now? A better, more informative sentence would be something like "The derailleur is new and unused." Or "The derailleur is lightly used now."

"The chainrings are 39-52."
Tommy, in every single description of chainrings on earth, the larger chainring is ALWAYS stated first. The smaller chainring is ALWAYS stated second.. Please learn how bicycles are discussed.

"The Record skeleton brakes also looked new. There was no wear on the pads."
So you bought them "used" and installed them on this bike and are now trying to persuade people they are new? A more truthful explanation from you would be something like "Brakes purchased in like new unused condition and installed on this frame." But I know truth is not your style.

"...but discovered that in my sport speed regime they..."
What on earth is "my sport speed regime"? Did your brain malfunction again and you just typed out whatever words flew into it?

"The lightest bike I've ever owned was 16 lbs. and that was a Look KG485 famed for light weight and climbing. To tell you the truth I've never been able to tell the difference in any bike under 20 lbs. and I do a lot of climbing. (112,000 feet in 2021, 250,000 in 2019)"
Irrelevant writing by you that is of no benefit to selling this bike.

"This bike rides amazingly quiet with 28 mm tires."
??????? All of my bicycle rides have been quiet unless there is noise from the surroundings I am riding through. Do you think the width of the tires affect sound levels?

"The pictures taken of this bike was before the conversion to the 11 speed Dura Ace Di2."
OK. I will give you credit for adding this into your description. Previously I commented on your deceitfulness by posting pictures of a Campagnolo Ergo bike and saying it had Di2 components. But why add pictures of different parts on the bikes? You obviously took new pictures of the bike with the new Di2 parts. So why include pictures of the old bike with the old Ergo parts? Why not just take some extra pictures? It is still very shady for you to try and sell a Di2 bike and have pictures of Ergo parts. Very confusing and sneaky.

"What's more it is made in Taiwan so it has better QC than most Italian bikes"
Opinion. Helpful for selling this bike?

"and I have compared it to dozens of different bikes from every Italian brand made."
Tommy, do you have any idea how many different Italian bike brands there are or have been? Likely hundreds. And you have compared them all? Any potential buyer would read this and instantly know you are a liar and make up nonsense. So they would not believe anything you write in the description.

"Seat Tube: 60 cm c-t It has that funny looped top tube so it has a 56 cm c-c measurement."
"funny looped top tube"? I am sure you mean "sloped", not looped. Proofreading is valuable.

> than other people who do not list components or pluses and minuses of the item. Don't you think that it would be better to let people know that Centaur Power Shift is different than Record Ultra Shift? While riding I discovered that I simply cannot tell much difference. Coming over the top of a hill I have to click into smaller cogs by ticking off the lever a lot, but the highest class SRAM has the same problem. Even SRAM electronic shifting has that problem. So I guess it isn't much of a handicap but at least you should know it's there.

Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<2583e8d4-b247-48a0-84f4-19df18a6adfan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54675&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54675

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 03:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:22 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 6:04:23 PM UTC-4, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> "Seat Tube: 60 cm c-t It has that funny looped top tube so it has a 56 cm c-c measurement."
> "funny looped top tube"? I am sure you mean "sloped", not looped. Proofreading is valuable.
> > than other people who do not list components or pluses and minuses of the item. Don't you think that it would be better to let people know that Centaur Power Shift is different than Record Ultra Shift? While riding I discovered that I simply cannot tell much difference. Coming over the top of a hill I have to click into smaller cogs by ticking off the lever a lot, but the highest class SRAM has the same problem. Even SRAM electronic shifting has that problem. So I guess it isn't much of a handicap but at least you should know it's there.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Ebay vs Craigslist

<20a2b61a-4817-41d3-a64d-6c82bc6ffb0cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid