How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

SubjectAuthor
* No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.Tom Kunich
+- Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.Jeff Liebermann
+* Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.Frank Krygowski
|`* Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.Ralph Barone
| `* Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.Tom Kunich
|  `- Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.Jeff Liebermann
+- Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.russellseaton1@yahoo.com
`* Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.russellseaton1@yahoo.com
 `* Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.John B.
  `- Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.russellseaton1@yahoo.com

1
No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<6a56c6f8-4823-4688-a3e5-2765532d3eban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54732&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54732

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:51:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 15:51 UTC

This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes. Do you know what that does in the hills above the reservoirs?

The rain is supposed to continue at least to the end of the week. Hopefully the Tierra Bella, a little south won't be effected but that is now a "fingers crossed" proposition.

Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns. Presently my front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.

This is California and a Democrat government that believes that kicking people when they are down is the way to improve lives.

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<8orl5hhm6988h94jge50nj5mfreoi1gg72@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54736&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54736

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:31:15 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:31 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:51:11 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

> Presently my front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.

Bicycle lawn mowers:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=bicycle+lawn+mower&tbm=isch>

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<t3esdg$5gt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54739&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54739

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:55:10 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:55 UTC

On 4/16/2022 11:51 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes.

I've never been impressed with fundamentalists.

"It's raining now so there can't be a drought" is fundamentalist thinking.

Tom is absolutely a right wing fundamentalist.

> Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs ...

.... says r.b.tech's famous expert weather forecaster!

> ... and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns. Presently my front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.
So because lawn watering is restricted, you feel compelled to leave tall
weeds growing? Is your mower water powered?

Tom, I'm glad you're not living in my neighborhood.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<t3eub7$i64$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54740&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54740

From: ral...@invalid.com (Ralph Barone)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:28:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ralph Barone - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:28 UTC

Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 4/16/2022 11:51 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being
>> propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is
>> strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is
>> the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning
>> I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes.
>
> I've never been impressed with fundamentalists.
>
> "It's raining now so there can't be a drought" is fundamentalist thinking.
>
> Tom is absolutely a right wing fundamentalist.

I see that more as failing to understand the differences between the
derivative of a function (how hard it’s raining now) and the integral of a
function (how much rain has fallen in the last few years).

>> Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely
>> to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs ...
>
> ... says r.b.tech's famous expert weather forecaster!
>
>> ... and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns. Presently my
>> front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.
> So because lawn watering is restricted, you feel compelled to leave tall
> weeds growing? Is your mower water powered?
>
> Tom, I'm glad you're not living in my neighborhood.

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<3e400cee-ac18-4109-932f-a9622df8f55cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54741&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54741

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:56:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:56 UTC

On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 10:28:12 AM UTC-7, Ralph Barone wrote:
> Frank Krygowski <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > On 4/16/2022 11:51 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >> This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being
> >> propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is
> >> strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is
> >> the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning
> >> I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes.
> >
> > I've never been impressed with fundamentalists.
> >
> > "It's raining now so there can't be a drought" is fundamentalist thinking.
> >
> > Tom is absolutely a right wing fundamentalist.
> >
> I see that more as failing to understand the differences between the
> derivative of a function (how hard it’s raining now) and the integral of a
> function (how much rain has fallen in the last few years).
> >> Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely
> >> to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs ...
> >
> > ... says r.b.tech's famous expert weather forecaster!
> >
> >> ... and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns. Presently my
> >> front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.
> > So because lawn watering is restricted, you feel compelled to leave tall
> > weeds growing? Is your mower water powered?
> >
> > Tom, I'm glad you're not living in my neighborhood.

Ralph, rain is predicted for the entire week. Around the first of January we had a week of rain and were told that we were 150% of normal rainfall. It is also predicted for next week. Predictions are simply predictions of course but they now have the models pretty well worked out out and they are usually accurate if perhaps a day late or early.

This is something that occurs every couple of years and has since I was born here. I have a better feeling for what is going on here than a stupid pretend engineer like Frank who probably has never been to California at all and if he was it was in the Summer when his pretense for teaching was up for the year.

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<45b2c123-7ec0-4941-9864-f5748916ae18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54753&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54753

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:58:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 20:58 UTC

On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 10:51:13 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes. Do you know what that does in the hills above the reservoirs?
>
> The rain is supposed to continue at least to the end of the week. Hopefully the Tierra Bella, a little south won't be effected but that is now a "fingers crossed" proposition.
>
> Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns. Presently my front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.

Needless to say, but I will say it anyway, Tommy's logic (Ha Ha Ho Ho) is messed up. Tommy, if the storms are raging, and you have more than normal rainfall, WHY WHY WHY would you need to water your lawn with a hose from city water? Any and every logical human being with a brain, would just let nature water their lawn with rainfall. You said the rainfall is more than normal. Why waste your time and money using city water to water your lawn? Just let nature do its job. Your logic (Ha Ha Ho Ho) is about like paying a company money to plow the snow out of your driveway, and then you go out afterwards with a shovel and manually shovel the snow too. Apparently you dropped out of high school right before they taught the graduating class logic. Too bad Tommy. Logical thinking makes life much easier.

And as Frank said, logical, thinking, caring people, will cut their 2 foot tall weeds. Use lawn trimmers that operate like scissors, or a scythe, or a weed whacker, or even a spade. People who CARE about their lawn, city, community, state, do these things. They pick up after themselves and take pride in their house. They do not let it look like a sh-t hole. With 2 foot tall weeds.

Seems like the experts, whose job is to keep track of water levels, say the reservoirs are not very full at all. California is dry. Despite it raining right now on poor Tommy's head.
https://cdec.water.ca.gov/resapp/RescondMain
https://engaging-data.com/ca-reservoir-dashboard/

> This is California and a Democrat government that believes that kicking people when they are down is the way to improve lives.

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<vdtm5h1h9jalhs5hbn1g5sgpjuimf6nlrq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54763&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54763

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:47:42 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 02:47 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:56:20 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ralph, rain is predicted for the entire week.

24 hr rainfall totals for San Francisco Bay region:
<https://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/precipMaps.php?group=sf&img=3>
In Ben Lomond, I received 1.44 inches. In San Leandro, you received
about 0.41 inches.

>Around the first of January we had a week of rain and
>were told that we were 150% of normal rainfall.

Cumulative rainfall graph for the City of Santa Cruz:
<https://www.cityofsantacruz.com/home/showpublisheddocument/88741/637853553286338582>
At the beginning of January 2022, we were well above average. At the
beginning of February 2022, we were at the average rainfall. By the
beginning of March, we were well behind average.

Unfortunately, these forecast map shows predicted rainfall at well
below normal:
<https://www.pivotalweather.com/maps.php?ds=ndfd&p=ndfd_48hqpf&r=conus>
<https://www.pivotalweather.com/maps.php?ds=cpc&p=cpc_prcp_d0610&r=conus>

>It is also predicted for next week.

For San Leandro, the 5 day predicted cumulative rainfall is 0.65
inches. 10 day cumulative is 1.58 inches.
<https://www.windy.com/-Rain-accumulation-rainAccu?rainAccu%2Cnext10d%2C37.644%2C-121.967%2C10%2Cm%3AeH1acLz=>
If the map fails to show a flag with the predicted rainfall, right
click on San Leandro and select "Show weather picker".

>Predictions are simply predictions of course but they
>now have the models pretty well worked out out and they
>are usually accurate if perhaps a day late or early.

I could only wish. On Friday, NWS prediction for Friday evening in
Ben Lomond was 0.5 inches. We got 1.44 inches. Such +/- 280% errors
is typical of I've been seeing for years.

>This is something that occurs every couple of years
>and has since I was born here. I have a better feeling
>for what is going on here than a stupid pretend engineer
>like Frank who probably has never been to California at
>all and if he was it was in the Summer when his pretense
>for teaching was up for the year.

True. Frank uses numbers. You use your "better feelings". I prefer
numbers.
Rainfall models:
<https://weather.us/model-charts>

Enjoy the rain while it lasts. Pedictions are for a rather hot
summer:
"March Temperature Update & Butterfly Report"
<https://mailchi.mp/caa/march-temperature-update-butterfly-report?e=feb6770639>
"...we expect 2022 to be substantially warmer than 2021."

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<27658b8d-1963-4ebb-81ef-86f932a78a23n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=58088&group=rec.bicycles.tech#58088

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 14:16:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 21:16 UTC

On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 10:51:13 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes. Do you know what that does in the hills above the reservoirs?
>
> The rain is supposed to continue at least to the end of the week. Hopefully the Tierra Bella, a little south won't be effected but that is now a "fingers crossed" proposition.
>
> Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns.

Tommy boy says the reservoirs are going to be completely filled up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/moment-of-reckoning-federal-official-warns-of-colorado-river-water-supply-cuts-171955277.html
"The West has been suffering through an acute drought since 2020, part of a megadrought that began in 2000. The last 20 years have been the driest two decades in the last 1,200 years. This year is so far the driest on record in California. Scientists attribute these conditions to climate change, which causes more water evaporation due to warmer temperatures."

Good thing we got Tommy boy telling us the truth. No telling how we would get along without his honesty.

> Presently my front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.
>
> This is California and a Democrat government that believes that kicking people when they are down is the way to improve lives.

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<b07oaht2jjti1u11h20g6iigc1f1cbtf6j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=58104&group=rec.bicycles.tech#58104

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 13:16:46 +0700
 by: John B. - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 06:16 UTC

On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 14:16:21 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
<ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 10:51:13 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes. Do you know what that does in the hills above the reservoirs?
>>
>> The rain is supposed to continue at least to the end of the week. Hopefully the Tierra Bella, a little south won't be effected but that is now a "fingers crossed" proposition.
>>
>> Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns.
>
>Tommy boy says the reservoirs are going to be completely filled up.
>
>https://www.yahoo.com/news/moment-of-reckoning-federal-official-warns-of-colorado-river-water-supply-cuts-171955277.html
>"The West has been suffering through an acute drought since 2020, part of a megadrought that began in 2000. The last 20 years have been the driest two decades in the last 1,200 years. This year is so far the driest on record in California. Scientists attribute these conditions to climate change, which causes more water evaporation due to warmer temperatures."
>
>Good thing we got Tommy boy telling us the truth. No telling how we would get along without his honesty.
>

>> Presently my front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.
>>
>> This is California and a Democrat government that believes that kicking people when they are down is the way to improve lives.

Tain't California but
https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/6/15/photos-floods-batteryellowstone-national-park
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: No longer threatening rain. It has arrived.

<c0b7a982-bc59-4f41-ae6b-13447e9a390en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=58131&group=rec.bicycles.tech#58131

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:01:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 22:01 UTC

On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 1:16:51 AM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 14:16:21 -0700 (PDT), "russell...@yahoo.com"
> <ritzann...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 10:51:13 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> This is the San Francisco Bay Area. We've spent the last 3 months being propagandized about how California is in a drought and watering lawns is strictly forbidden. Now it is supposed to be a category 1 rain which is the lightest but is has been pouring most of the night and this morning I observed extra-heavy rain several times for up to 5 minutes. Do you know what that does in the hills above the reservoirs?
> >>
> >> The rain is supposed to continue at least to the end of the week. Hopefully the Tierra Bella, a little south won't be effected but that is now a "fingers crossed" proposition.
> >>
> >> Like many other years, the storm door is now wide open and we are likely to have more than normal rainfall and a total refilling of the reservoirs and they will STILL fine people for watering lawns.
> >
> >Tommy boy says the reservoirs are going to be completely filled up.
> >
> >https://www.yahoo.com/news/moment-of-reckoning-federal-official-warns-of-colorado-river-water-supply-cuts-171955277.html
> >"The West has been suffering through an acute drought since 2020, part of a megadrought that began in 2000. The last 20 years have been the driest two decades in the last 1,200 years. This year is so far the driest on record in California. Scientists attribute these conditions to climate change, which causes more water evaporation due to warmer temperatures."
> >
> >Good thing we got Tommy boy telling us the truth. No telling how we would get along without his honesty.
> >

> >> Presently my front yard looks like a vacant lot with plants growing up to 2 feet tall.
> >>
> >> This is California and a Democrat government that believes that kicking people when they are down is the way to improve lives.
> Tain't California but
> https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2022/6/15/photos-floods-batteryellowstone-national-park
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John B.

I recall seeing those images too. Road washed out. I did not equate them to this topic on California being overrun by water, according to Tommy boy. But the rain to flood the roads in Yellowstone may have happened over a 100 square mile area. While California is 163,000 square miles.