Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.science,alt.astronomy,soc.culture
From: 57r.1...@etq5.net (57r.1283)
Subject: Found - "Impossible" Cosmic "Super-Ring" of Galaxies
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 00:27:35 -0500
 by: 57r.1283 - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:27 UTC

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-67950749

Scientists at the University of Central Lancashire have
discovered a gigantic, ring-shaped structure in space.

It is 1.3bn light-years in diameter and appears to be
roughly 15 times the size of the Moon in the night sky
as seen from Earth.

Named the Big Ring by the astronomers, it is made up of
galaxies and galaxy clusters.

They say that it is so big it challenges our understanding
of the universe.

Such large structures should not exist according to one
of the guiding principles of astronomy, called the
cosmological principle. This states that all matter is
spread smoothly across the Universe.

.. . .

Ummmmm ... we KNOW matter/energy is not "spread
smoothly" across the cosmos. Even the earliest
microwave background study revealed THAT much.

In Nature NOTHING beyond the subatomic level is
"perfect" ... chaotic forces, quantum indeterminancy,
a number of other things - nothing is "smooth".
The BB had "ripples".

Likely it's still banging too ... the effect just
spread out over much larger volume of 3-D space.
"Dark energy" ... extra energy leaking in from
everywhere, to everywhere, all at once ... from
at least a 4-D higher space.

Re: Found - "Impossible" Cosmic "Super-Ring" of Galaxies

<unqurm$3dbss$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5574&group=alt.astronomy#5574

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.science,alt.astronomy,soc.culture
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 19:56:22 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:56 UTC

57r.1283 wrote on 12/1/24 4:27 pm:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-67950749
>
> Scientists at the University of Central Lancashire have
> discovered a gigantic, ring-shaped structure in space.
>
> It is 1.3bn light-years in diameter and appears to be
> roughly 15 times the size of the Moon in the night sky
> as seen from Earth.
>
> Named the Big Ring by the astronomers, it is made up of
> galaxies and galaxy clusters.
>
> They say that it is so big it challenges our understanding
> of the universe.
>
> Such large structures should not exist according to one
> of the guiding principles of astronomy, called the
> cosmological principle. This states that all matter is
> spread smoothly across the Universe.
>
> . . .
>
>   Ummmmm ... we KNOW matter/energy is not "spread
>   smoothly" across the cosmos. Even the earliest
>   microwave background study revealed THAT much.

Forget the "earliest microwave background study", I can look at the
ground, the water and the atmosphere (forget 'space') and work out
matter is not spread smoothly across the cosmos!!

--
Daniel