The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

SubjectAuthor
* Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
`* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
 `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Jeff Liebermann
  `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?John B.
   `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Jeff Liebermann
    `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Sir Ridesalot
     +* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Jeff Liebermann
     |+* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Sir Ridesalot
     ||`* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
     || `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?russellseaton1@yahoo.com
     ||  `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?John B.
     ||   +- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?sms
     ||   `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?AMuzi
     ||    +* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Rolf Mantel
     ||    |+- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Andre Jute
     ||    |`* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?sms
     ||    | `- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?John B.
     ||    +- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?John B.
     ||    `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Radey Shouman
     ||     `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Andre Jute
     ||      `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
     ||       +* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Andre Jute
     ||       |`- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
     ||       `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?AMuzi
     ||        `- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
     |+- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?funkma...@hotmail.com
     |+* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?sms
     ||`* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Ralph Barone
     || +- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Sir Ridesalot
     || +- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?sms
     || `- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Roger Merriman
     |`* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?sms
     | `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Andre Jute
     |  `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
     |   +- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Frank Krygowski
     |   `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Tom Kunich
     |    `* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Frank Krygowski
     |     +* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?russellseaton1@yahoo.com
     |     |+* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?John B.
     |     ||`* Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?sms
     |     || `- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?russellseaton1@yahoo.com
     |     |`- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Jeff Liebermann
     |     `- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?John B.
     `- Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?Roger Merriman

Pages:12
Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<70a57be4-41f6-4e12-a5ae-36d5cfea7373n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56056&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56056

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 15:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 14 May 2022 22:59 UTC

This morning I went to look at craigslist SF to look up some parts. I looked up Dura Ace and it looked funny. I have some Dura Ace parts on it and they weren't there.

i noticed I was on the DC site I immediately assumed that it must have been a misspelling and went back to check. But it was spelled correctly. I went to the site again and it looked correct but when I went to "bike parts" it again went to the 'DC site. So I went to the search page without closing down the DC page, hit the same site and then all worked fine from there on. It couldn't be craigslist because the are entirely different addresses so what else could it have been but 'Google?

Would you think it caused maintenance screwing it up or a hacker messing about and lousing up the search addresses?

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<60cd660f-1c9c-4f02-bfc5-f9a45c4305fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56359&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56359

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 12:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 18 May 2022 19:15 UTC

On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 3:59:33 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> This morning I went to look at craigslist SF to look up some parts. I looked up Dura Ace and it looked funny. I have some Dura Ace parts on it and they weren't there.
>
> i noticed I was on the DC site I immediately assumed that it must have been a misspelling and went back to check. But it was spelled correctly. I went to the site again and it looked correct but when I went to "bike parts" it again went to the 'DC site. So I went to the search page without closing down the DC page, hit the same site and then all worked fine from there on.. It couldn't be craigslist because the are entirely different addresses so what else could it have been but 'Google?
>
> Would you think it caused maintenance screwing it up or a hacker messing about and lousing up the search addresses?
After buying the Yahoo repair services, the repair person themselves had so much trouble that she couldn't believe it. Then when she attempted to make it a permanent change it wouldn't pull up chrome but only Edge. So I have to manually have to make all of the entries each time I turn the computer back on.

She managed to get Microsoft to accept Chrome.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<92bb8hl3b0l7rbfkhhkhd2qkvfh57dudg6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56384&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56384

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 20:13:39 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Thu, 19 May 2022 03:13 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 12:15:19 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 3:59:33 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>> This morning I went to look at craigslist SF to look up some parts. I looked up Dura Ace and it looked funny. I have some Dura Ace parts on it and they weren't there.
>>
>> i noticed I was on the DC site I immediately assumed that it must have been a misspelling and went back to check. But it was spelled correctly. I went to the site again and it looked correct but when I went to "bike parts" it again went to the 'DC site. So I went to the search page without closing down the DC page, hit the same site and then all worked fine from there on. It couldn't be craigslist because the are entirely different addresses so what else could it have been but 'Google?
>>
>> Would you think it caused maintenance screwing it up or a hacker messing about and lousing up the search addresses?

>After buying the Yahoo repair services, the repair person themselves had so much trouble that she couldn't believe it. Then when she attempted to make it a permanent change it wouldn't pull up chrome but only Edge.

Predictably, Google search doesn't find anything called "Yahoo repair
services":
<https://www.google.com/search?q=yahoo+repair+services>
Hopefully, it's not one of those Tech Support or Customer Service
scammers that call you on the phone announcing "We found a problem on
your computer".
<https://www.news4jax.com/consumer/2017/01/04/beware-of-yahoo-customer-service-scam/>
If it is one of these scammers, I predict dire consequenses for you
credit card and system security. You might want to scan your hard
disk drive using MalwareBytes Free:
<https://www.malwarebytes.com/solutions/free-antivirus>

>So I have to manually have to make all of the entries each time I turn the computer back on.
>She managed to get Microsoft to accept Chrome.

My guess(tm) is you can't save settings because the ownership and
permissions for Chrome are not the same as whichever login name you're
using. It might also be a side effect of temporarily switching to the
Ann Kunich account.

Go to the CMD prompt and run:
echo %username%
or run:
whoami
If those don't show your expected user name, logout and log back in
with the correct name and password.

Did you remove WaveBrowser from your machine like I previously
suggested?
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/aqk_D8ybroU/m/PXIgM7VkAAAJ>

If you can run Chrome, maybe set the default browser:
"Change your default browser in Windows 10"
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-your-default-browser-in-windows-10-020c58c6-7d77-797a-b74e-8f07946c5db6>

or make Chrome the default browser using Chrome Settings:
"Make Chrome your default browser"
<https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95417?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop>

Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<rbfb8h5gocfs9dljeod94falv0jnsk5ssq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56387&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56387

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 10:49:02 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 19 May 2022 03:49 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 20:13:39 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 18 May 2022 12:15:19 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
><cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 3:59:33 PM UTC-7, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> This morning I went to look at craigslist SF to look up some parts. I looked up Dura Ace and it looked funny. I have some Dura Ace parts on it and they weren't there.
>>>
>>> i noticed I was on the DC site I immediately assumed that it must have been a misspelling and went back to check. But it was spelled correctly. I went to the site again and it looked correct but when I went to "bike parts" it again went to the 'DC site. So I went to the search page without closing down the DC page, hit the same site and then all worked fine from there on. It couldn't be craigslist because the are entirely different addresses so what else could it have been but 'Google?
>>>
>>> Would you think it caused maintenance screwing it up or a hacker messing about and lousing up the search addresses?
>
>>After buying the Yahoo repair services, the repair person themselves had so much trouble that she couldn't believe it. Then when she attempted to make it a permanent change it wouldn't pull up chrome but only Edge.
>
>Predictably, Google search doesn't find anything called "Yahoo repair
>services":
><https://www.google.com/search?q=yahoo+repair+services>

I did a search on "Yahoo repair services" and came up with
https://www.yahoo.com/plus/protect-mobile

Which is Yahoo Plus Protect......
for hand phones
(:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<oglb8hpm9jg561v09udguiddiudbj3nbi2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56406&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56406

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 22:59:17 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Thu, 19 May 2022 05:59 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 10:49:02 +0700, John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 18 May 2022 20:13:39 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 18 May 2022 12:15:19 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
>><cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>After buying the Yahoo repair services, the repair person themselves had so much trouble that she couldn't believe it. Then when she attempted to make it a permanent change it wouldn't pull up chrome but only Edge.
>>
>>Predictably, Google search doesn't find anything called "Yahoo repair
>>services":
>><https://www.google.com/search?q=yahoo+repair+services>

>I did a search on "Yahoo repair services" and came up with
>https://www.yahoo.com/plus/protect-mobile
>
>Which is Yahoo Plus Protect......
>for hand phones
>(:-)

Yep. I noticed that and ignored it. Verizon bought Yahoo, then AOL
in 2015, and others later, and merged everything into Oath.com. Oath
then morphed into Verizon Media in 2019. Most of the consumer Yahoo
services disappeared along the way:
<https://privacy.aol.com/legacy/faq/>
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo_(2017%E2%80%93present)>
It is possible to get support with a paid Yahoo account, but only for
the services that Yahoo provides. They will refuse to answer any
questions about the hardware, operating system, applications,
peripherals, internet connectivity, etc. If this is true, then
whomever Tom was talking to at "Yahoo repair services" was probably
not the real Yahoo, Tom is a terrible liar, or both.

Note that Tom hasn't supplied any information that might be useful for
fixing his computer problems. That suggests that he's not really
interesting in fixing the problem and probably just want everyone to
feel sorry for him as some kind of victim.

Oh well.
--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<dc5936b8-e097-4e0a-9e49-1515da0e5907n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56408&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56408

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 23:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: i_am_cyc...@yahoo.ca (Sir Ridesalot)
 by: Sir Ridesalot - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:25 UTC

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 1:59:25 a.m. UTC-4, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2022 10:49:02 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 18 May 2022 20:13:39 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
> >wrote:

> >>Predictably, Google search doesn't find anything called "Yahoo repair
> >>services":
> >><https://www.google.com/search?q=yahoo+repair+services>
>
> >I did a search on "Yahoo repair services" and came up with
> >https://www.yahoo.com/plus/protect-mobile
> >
> >Which is Yahoo Plus Protect......
> >for hand phones
> >(:-)
> Yep. I noticed that and ignored it. Verizon bought Yahoo, then AOL
> in 2015, and others later, and merged everything into Oath.com. Oath
> then morphed into Verizon Media in 2019. Most of the consumer Yahoo
> services disappeared along the way:
> <https://privacy.aol.com/legacy/faq/>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo_(2017%E2%80%93present)>
> It is possible to get support with a paid Yahoo account, but only for
> the services that Yahoo provides. They will refuse to answer any
> questions about the hardware, operating system, applications,
> peripherals, internet connectivity, etc. If this is true, then
> whomever Tom was talking to at "Yahoo repair services" was probably
> not the real Yahoo, Tom is a terrible liar, or both.
>
> Note that Tom hasn't supplied any information that might be useful for
> fixing his computer problems. That suggests that he's not really
> interesting in fixing the problem and probably just want everyone to
> feel sorry for him as some kind of victim.
>
> Oh well.
> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

I really, and I do mean really, don't understand why so many people don't simply ignore Tom.

Cheers

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<flpc8h59o8tqq9m99oqop8v53vccgrors9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56432&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56432

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 09:40:17 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Thu, 19 May 2022 16:40 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 23:25:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
<i_am_cycle_pathic@yahoo.ca> wrote:

(chomp)
>I really, and I do mean really, don't understand why so many people don't simply ignore Tom.
>Cheers

I can't speak for the others involved, but for me, ignoring mistakes
and errors is akin to sacrilege. I have twice promised to ignore Tom,
and broken the promise within a week or less. Repeating my promise a
third time will probably produce a similar failure.

Tom is also difficult to ignore. Much of what he writes is click bait
for getting attention. An overwhelming number of his postings consist
of a short sentence recognizing a topic under discussion, followed by
a drastic change of subject, usually political, interleaved with
personal insults directed at the discussion participants, political
figures, and organizations. Even if I ignored Tom, it would be
difficult to participate in a bicycle related discussion. I also
would not expect Tom to change.

This is a comment from Jobst Brandt from Dec 2005:
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/Bdcrb3q1i9w/m/Wd8AycPkw1AJ>
"Kunich bore the flame of flaming writers on just about any subject
with no useful contribution to the thread except attempting to
belittle the previous writer."

If he's hasn't changed his ways in the last 17 years, it's highly
doubtful that he ever will. Therefore, in order to accomplish anything
useful, you will need to convince a fair number of contributors and
casual visitors to ignore Tom. Tom has a few supporters, who will be
difficult to convince. I'm willing to join such an effort, but not
lead, organize or police it. I'm also not optimistic that it will
change anything for the better. I've been on Usenet since about 1982,
when there were only 16 newsgroups. The only solutions that have
worked are moderation and moving to a different newsgroup, forum, or
mailing list. Self policing has not worked unless there is universal
support from the members, which is extremely rare.

All I can promise is that I'll try to stay on topic, whatever it might
be. If the doctors declare that it's now safe for me to ride again, I
may have some bicycle projects to work on. If a fair number of
contributors declare that I'm somehow detrimental to RBT, then it
won't take much for me to thank them and find something else to do.

Thanks for the reminder.
--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<8f5dcaa5-387b-48b0-bbb4-3314e63c65e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56441&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56441

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: i_am_cyc...@yahoo.ca (Sir Ridesalot)
 by: Sir Ridesalot - Thu, 19 May 2022 18:40 UTC

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 12:40:26 p.m. UTC-4, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2022 23:25:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
> <i_am_cyc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> (chomp)
> >I really, and I do mean really, don't understand why so many people don't simply ignore Tom.
> >Cheers
> I can't speak for the others involved, but for me, ignoring mistakes
> and errors is akin to sacrilege. I have twice promised to ignore Tom,
> and broken the promise within a week or less. Repeating my promise a
> third time will probably produce a similar failure.
>
> Tom is also difficult to ignore. Much of what he writes is click bait
> for getting attention. An overwhelming number of his postings consist
> of a short sentence recognizing a topic under discussion, followed by
> a drastic change of subject, usually political, interleaved with
> personal insults directed at the discussion participants, political
> figures, and organizations. Even if I ignored Tom, it would be
> difficult to participate in a bicycle related discussion. I also
> would not expect Tom to change.
>
> This is a comment from Jobst Brandt from Dec 2005:
> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/Bdcrb3q1i9w/m/Wd8AycPkw1AJ>
> "Kunich bore the flame of flaming writers on just about any subject
> with no useful contribution to the thread except attempting to
> belittle the previous writer."
>
> If he's hasn't changed his ways in the last 17 years, it's highly
> doubtful that he ever will. Therefore, in order to accomplish anything
> useful, you will need to convince a fair number of contributors and
> casual visitors to ignore Tom. Tom has a few supporters, who will be
> difficult to convince. I'm willing to join such an effort, but not
> lead, organize or police it. I'm also not optimistic that it will
> change anything for the better. I've been on Usenet since about 1982,
> when there were only 16 newsgroups. The only solutions that have
> worked are moderation and moving to a different newsgroup, forum, or
> mailing list. Self policing has not worked unless there is universal
> support from the members, which is extremely rare.
>
> All I can promise is that I'll try to stay on topic, whatever it might
> be. If the doctors declare that it's now safe for me to ride again, I
> may have some bicycle projects to work on. If a fair number of
> contributors declare that I'm somehow detrimental to RBT, then it
> won't take much for me to thank them and find something else to do.
>
> Thanks for the reminder.
> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Well I for one sure hope that your health improves enough soon so that you can get bicycling again. It's a real letdown when you aren't able to ride a bicycle.

As for me, I simply ignore the Trolls that reside on this newsgroup.

I'm off for my second ride today.

Cheers

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<8644e679-c6f1-4dce-8dd7-937284e7f5a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56442&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56442

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 12:15:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Thu, 19 May 2022 19:15 UTC

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 12:40:26 PM UTC-4, jeff.li...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2022 23:25:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
> <i_am_cyc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> (chomp)
> >I really, and I do mean really, don't understand why so many people don't simply ignore Tom.
> >Cheers
> I can't speak for the others involved, but for me, ignoring mistakes
> and errors is akin to sacrilege. I have twice promised to ignore Tom,
> and broken the promise within a week or less. Repeating my promise a
> third time will probably produce a similar failure.
>
> Tom is also difficult to ignore. Much of what he writes is click bait
> for getting attention. An overwhelming number of his postings consist
> of a short sentence recognizing a topic under discussion, followed by
> a drastic change of subject, usually political, interleaved with
> personal insults directed at the discussion participants, political
> figures, and organizations. Even if I ignored Tom, it would be
> difficult to participate in a bicycle related discussion. I also
> would not expect Tom to change.
>
> This is a comment from Jobst Brandt from Dec 2005:
> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/Bdcrb3q1i9w/m/Wd8AycPkw1AJ>
> "Kunich bore the flame of flaming writers on just about any subject
> with no useful contribution to the thread except attempting to
> belittle the previous writer."

lol....nice

> If he's hasn't changed his ways in the last 17 years, it's highly
> doubtful that he ever will. Therefore, in order to accomplish anything
> useful, you will need to convince a fair number of contributors and
> casual visitors to ignore Tom. Tom has a few supporters, who will be
> difficult to convince. I'm willing to join such an effort, but not
> lead, organize or police it. I'm also not optimistic that it will
> change anything for the better. I've been on Usenet since about 1982,
> when there were only 16 newsgroups. The only solutions that have
> worked are moderation and moving to a different newsgroup, forum, or
> mailing list. Self policing has not worked unless there is universal
> support from the members, which is extremely rare.
>
> All I can promise is that I'll try to stay on topic, whatever it might
> be. If the doctors declare that it's now safe for me to ride again, I
> may have some bicycle projects to work on. If a fair number of
> contributors declare that I'm somehow detrimental to RBT, then it
> won't take much for me to thank them and find something else to do.
>
> Thanks for the reminder.
> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<ad83040c-f941-47de-94c3-e8ccf734401an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56444&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56444

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 12:47:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 19 May 2022 19:47 UTC

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 11:41:00 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
> [...]
> > support from the members, which is extremely rare.
> >
> > All I can promise is that I'll try to stay on topic, whatever it might
> > be. If the doctors declare that it's now safe for me to ride again, I
> > may have some bicycle projects to work on. If a fair number of
> > contributors declare that I'm somehow detrimental to RBT, then it
> > won't take much for me to thank them and find something else to do.
> >
> > Thanks for the reminder.
> > --
> > Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> > PO Box 272 http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
> > Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
> > Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
> Well I for one sure hope that your health improves enough soon so that you can get bicycling again. It's a real letdown when you aren't able to ride a bicycle.
>
> As for me, I simply ignore the Trolls that reside on this newsgroup.

I just got back from a two hour flat ride, I would have done a climbing ride today but I am expecting the FedEx delivery of my Chorus Group. So I will start doing climbing rides seriously starting next week. I really have to get my weight down so that climbing isn't a bother. I have three people interested in my Titanium bikes so between that and what I can get for my present car I can get a year newer mid sized SUV so that I can carry my bikes inside and don't have to worry about leaving them in the car at Centuries at the end when I go eat. This newer Taurus is the same wheelbase and overall length and only slightly more mileage than mine which is very low mileage for a 2007.

My mechanic found the last available medium arm for my short arm Chorus rear derailleur. So I will let him install it on the rear derailleur. Its only three Allen bolts to change it if Iremembv

I will be changing the crank to the newer 4 arm with new chainrings and I will save the new chain as a replacement. The new levers will be mounted and wired save for the rear shifter wire. I looked at the C50 and discovered that it already has Chorus brakes and front derailleur so I will be able to sell those parts off new in the box. I don't use short arms on the derailleurs so I will donate that to Robby. The people that do business with him are the sorts that break things so that should help him.

So all in all, I will end up with a Chorus Group on the C50 and a newer car and it should cost me zip. And if the Colnago CLX sells, I will be money ahead. I will be able to send that back to my investment advisor in time for the reversal of the stock market so that I can make more money off of it than I lost In the Biden idiocy.

Now, I am thinking of moving to Nevada to get away from the looney tunes California crowd who believe that everything should be free for them and that businesses should pay for it. That's why business has disappeared from the state. Silicon Valley no longer exists and this will continue all the way up the Pacific Coast until Microsoft and Boeing move away from Washington State. The Aerospace firms in southern California have already given San Diego their final straw. One step more and they will move to Texas. Criminals with 9 charges in the last year are being let out of jail without bail and then surprise is shown when they finally get the idea that they can kill people without repercussions. There are places in Nevada where you can get a new home built for half the price I can get for my home here. And there is very good riding and group rides in that place with good climbing. Wouldn't you like a ride from Reno to Lake Tahoe and back the next day? The Nevada side of the border is booming and the California side is in a total slump except for the skiing. I suppose that actually seeing it is no match for John or Jeff looking it up on Google and telling me I'm wrong.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<t66ior$3pg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56453&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56453

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 16:10:17 -0700
 by: sms - Thu, 19 May 2022 23:10 UTC

On 5/19/2022 9:40 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2022 23:25:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
> <i_am_cycle_pathic@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> (chomp)
>> I really, and I do mean really, don't understand why so many people don't simply ignore Tom.
>> Cheers
>
> I can't speak for the others involved, but for me, ignoring mistakes
> and errors is akin to sacrilege. I have twice promised to ignore Tom,
> and broken the promise within a week or less. Repeating my promise a
> third time will probably produce a similar failure.

Just filter him out like many of us do. It will remove the temptation to
respond.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<t66jrt$17is$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56454&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56454

From: ral...@invalid.com (Ralph Barone)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 23:29:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ralph Barone - Thu, 19 May 2022 23:29 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 5/19/2022 9:40 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 May 2022 23:25:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
>> <i_am_cycle_pathic@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>
>> (chomp)
>>> I really, and I do mean really, don't understand why so many people
>>> don't simply ignore Tom.
>>> Cheers
>>
>> I can't speak for the others involved, but for me, ignoring mistakes
>> and errors is akin to sacrilege. I have twice promised to ignore Tom,
>> and broken the promise within a week or less. Repeating my promise a
>> third time will probably produce a similar failure.
>
> Just filter him out like many of us do. It will remove the temptation to
> respond.

Except he keeps changing his email address. Bloody annoying.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<156b1f35-2d05-4437-86f5-efff6694a760n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56457&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56457

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 17:00:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: i_am_cyc...@yahoo.ca (Sir Ridesalot)
 by: Sir Ridesalot - Fri, 20 May 2022 00:00 UTC

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 7:29:04 p.m. UTC-4, Ralph Barone wrote:
> sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/19/2022 9:40 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> >> On Wed, 18 May 2022 23:25:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
> >> <i_am_cyc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> >>
> >> (chomp)
> >>
> >> I can't speak for the others involved, but for me, ignoring mistakes
> >> and errors is akin to sacrilege. I have twice promised to ignore Tom,
> >> and broken the promise within a week or less. Repeating my promise a
> >> third time will probably produce a similar failure.
> >
> > Just filter him out like many of us do. It will remove the temptation to
> > respond.
> >
> Except he keeps changing his email address. Bloody annoying.

I use Google Groups and if I see a post made by Tom I just ignore it. It's quite easy to do if one is determined to avoid him.

Cheers

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<t66pro$a9b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56473&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56473

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 18:11:17 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 20 May 2022 01:11 UTC

On 5/19/2022 4:29 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:

<snip>

>> Just filter him out like many of us do. It will remove the temptation to
>> respond.
>>

> Except he keeps changing his email address. Bloody annoying.

Not nearly as often as some other trolls in other groups. I have him in
my filter list with only three different e-mail addresses.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<964e6198-c28f-4229-83d0-2f11bca3ff72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56486&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56486

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Fri, 20 May 2022 02:32 UTC

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 2:47:14 PM UTC-5, cycl...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Now, I am thinking of moving to Nevada to get away from the looney tunes California crowd who believe that everything should be free for them and that businesses should pay for it. That's why business has disappeared from the state. Silicon Valley no longer exists and this will continue all the way up the Pacific Coast until Microsoft and Boeing move away from Washington State. The Aerospace firms in southern California have already given San Diego their final straw. One step more and they will move to Texas. Criminals with 9 charges in the last year are being let out of jail without bail and then surprise is shown when they finally get the idea that they can kill people without repercussions. There are places in Nevada where you can get a new home built for half the price I can get for my home here. And there is very good riding and group rides in that place with good climbing. Wouldn't you like a ride from Reno to Lake Tahoe and back the next day? The Nevada side of the border is booming and the California side is in a total slump except for the skiing. I suppose that actually seeing it is no match for John or Jeff looking it up on Google and telling me I'm wrong.

Tommy, Nevada voted for Joe Biden for president in 2020. And Obama in 2008 and 2012. And Hillary in 2016. Nevada has two Democrat Senators. And three out of four Democrats in the House. But lucky for you, the northern half of Nevada is represented by a Republican. The area around Reno, Carson City, and Lake Tahoe is in his district. He is Caucasian. Looks chubby from the photo.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<9s0e8h5l34kpqhello50nj8i583ehch5go@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56489&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56489

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 10:06:14 +0700
References: <60cd660f-1c9c-4f02-bfc5-f9a45c4305fan@googlegroups.com> <92bb8hl3b0l7rbfkhhkhd2qkvfh57dudg6@4ax.com> <rbfb8h5gocfs9dljeod94falv0jnsk5ssq@4ax.com> <oglb8hpm9jg561v09udguiddiudbj3nbi2@4ax.com> <dc5936b8-e097-4e0a-9e49-1515da0e5907n@googlegroups.com> <flpc8h59o8tqq9m99oqop8v53vccgrors9@4ax.com> <8f5dcaa5-387b-48b0-bbb4-3314e63c65e4n@googlegroups.com> <ad83040c-f941-47de-94c3-e8ccf734401an@googlegroups.com> <964e6198-c28f-4229-83d0-2f11bca3ff72n@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Fri, 20 May 2022 03:06 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 19:32:07 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
<ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
is
>booming and the California side is in a total slump except for the skiing. I suppose that actually seeing it is no match for John or Jeff looking it up on Google and telling me I'm wrong.
>

>Tommy, Nevada voted for Joe Biden for president in 2020. And Obama in 2008 and 2012. And Hillary in 2016. Nevada has two Democrat Senators. And three out of four Democrats in the House. But lucky for you, the northern half of Nevada is represented by a Republican. The area around Reno, Carson City, and Lake Tahoe is in his district. He is Caucasian. Looks chubby from the photo.

Idaho is the place to go.

I read, that the state cut more than 1,800 pages of regulations in
2019, bringing its total regulatory count down to just 41,000
restrictions. If this new count is accurate, it would make Idaho the
least regulated state in the nation"

Idaho claims to have cut or simplified an astounding 75 percent of its
rules. This regulatory reform is being done transparently with input
from the public in the form of written comments and public meetings.

All Republican too :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<t6844v$m8o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56496&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56496

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 06:13:01 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 20 May 2022 13:13 UTC

On 5/19/2022 8:06 PM, John B. wrote:

<snip>

> Idaho is the place to go.
>
> I read, that the state cut more than 1,800 pages of regulations in
> 2019, bringing its total regulatory count down to just 41,000
> restrictions. If this new count is accurate, it would make Idaho the
> least regulated state in the nation"
>
> Idaho claims to have cut or simplified an astounding 75 percent of its
> rules. This regulatory reform is being done transparently with input
> from the public in the form of written comments and public meetings.
>
> All Republican too :-)

Yes, Idaho is nice. Famous potatoes too.

Right now, the California economy is booming. We have a nearly $100
billion surplus that the governor and legislature are fighting over how
to spend.

The issue to be concerned about is that the revenue bonanza is not going
to continue forever. A lot of it is due to how well tech companies have
done during the pandemic. In my own city, while hotel revenue is down
because of the lack of business travel, sales tax revenue is way up
because of spending on IT equipment during the pandemic as people had to
remote-work and children had to remote-school.

The other big issue is water. Due to climate change, droughts are going
to continue. I think that some of that surplus should be used to build
desalination plants which cost about $1 billion each.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<t686jv$7d7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56501&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56501

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 08:55:10 -0500
References: <60cd660f-1c9c-4f02-bfc5-f9a45c4305fan@googlegroups.com> <92bb8hl3b0l7rbfkhhkhd2qkvfh57dudg6@4ax.com> <rbfb8h5gocfs9dljeod94falv0jnsk5ssq@4ax.com> <oglb8hpm9jg561v09udguiddiudbj3nbi2@4ax.com> <dc5936b8-e097-4e0a-9e49-1515da0e5907n@googlegroups.com> <flpc8h59o8tqq9m99oqop8v53vccgrors9@4ax.com> <8f5dcaa5-387b-48b0-bbb4-3314e63c65e4n@googlegroups.com> <ad83040c-f941-47de-94c3-e8ccf734401an@googlegroups.com> <964e6198-c28f-4229-83d0-2f11bca3ff72n@googlegroups.com> <9s0e8h5l34kpqhello50nj8i583ehch5go@4ax.com>
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 20 May 2022 13:55 UTC

On 5/19/2022 10:06 PM, John B. wrote:
> [...]

>> Tommy, Nevada voted for Joe Biden for president in 2020. And Obama in 2008 and 2012. And Hillary in 2016. Nevada has two Democrat Senators. And three out of four Democrats in the House. But lucky for you, the northern half of Nevada is represented by a Republican. The area around Reno, Carson City, and Lake Tahoe is in his district. He is Caucasian. Looks chubby from the photo.
>
> Idaho is the place to go.
>
> I read, that the state cut more than 1,800 pages of regulations in
> 2019, bringing its total regulatory count down to just 41,000
> restrictions. If this new count is accurate, it would make Idaho the
> least regulated state in the nation"
>
> Idaho claims to have cut or simplified an astounding 75 percent of its
> rules. This regulatory reform is being done transparently with input
> from the public in the form of written comments and public meetings.

An outlier now but there was a time when legislatures
regularly reviewed/ revised/ rationalized their Statutes.
IMHO probably time better spent than much of whet modern
legislatures do now.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<t68b68$e4r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56506&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56506

From: new...@hartig-mantel.de (Rolf Mantel)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 17:13:14 +0200
<9s0e8h5l34kpqhello50nj8i583ehch5go@4ax.com> <t686jv$7d7$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Rolf Mantel - Fri, 20 May 2022 15:13 UTC

Am 20.05.2022 um 15:55 schrieb AMuzi:
> On 5/19/2022 10:06 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 May 2022 19:32:07 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
>> <ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

>> is
>>> booming and the California side is in a total slump except for the
>>> skiing. I suppose that actually seeing it is no match for John or
>>> Jeff looking it up on Google and telling me I'm wrong.
>>>

>>> Tommy, Nevada voted for Joe Biden for president in 2020.  And Obama
>>> in 2008 and 2012.  And Hillary in 2016.  Nevada has two Democrat
>>> Senators.  And three out of four Democrats in the House.  But lucky
>>> for you, the northern half of Nevada is represented by a Republican.
>>> The area around Reno, Carson City, and Lake Tahoe is in his
>>> district.  He is Caucasian.  Looks chubby from the photo.
>>
>> Idaho is the place to go.
>>
>> I read,  that the state cut more than 1,800 pages of regulations in
>> 2019, bringing its total regulatory count down to just 41,000
>> restrictions. If this new count is accurate, it would make Idaho the
>> least regulated state in the nation"
>>
>> Idaho claims to have cut or simplified an astounding 75 percent of its
>> rules. This regulatory reform is being done transparently with input
>> from the public in the form of written comments and public meetings.
>>
>> All Republican too :-)
>>

> An outlier now but there was a time when legislatures regularly
> reviewed/ revised/ rationalized their Statutes. IMHO probably time
> better spent than much of whet modern legislatures do now.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<7dd7e861-18e5-4ae8-a253-a3ed1d19e2b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56514&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56514

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 09:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:24 UTC

On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 4:13:16 PM UTC+1, Rolf Mantel wrote:
> Am 20.05.2022 um 15:55 schrieb AMuzi:
> > On 5/19/2022 10:06 PM, John B. wrote:

> >> is

> >> Idaho is the place to go.
> >>
> >> I read, that the state cut more than 1,800 pages of regulations in
> >> 2019, bringing its total regulatory count down to just 41,000
> >> restrictions. If this new count is accurate, it would make Idaho the
> >> least regulated state in the nation"
> >>
> >> Idaho claims to have cut or simplified an astounding 75 percent of its
> >> rules. This regulatory reform is being done transparently with input
> >> from the public in the form of written comments and public meetings.
> >>
> >> All Republican too :-)
> >>

> > An outlier now but there was a time when legislatures regularly
> > reviewed/ revised/ rationalized their Statutes. IMHO probably time
> > better spent than much of whet modern legislatures do now.
> In Germany, a mandatory part of secondary legislation is an asessment of
> "burocratic impact" of the legislation, which typically implies that on
> enacting new legal duties, obsolete older legal duties must be removed
> from the book (e.g. when requiring to report certain information
> electronically, the administration must remove/sunset the requirement to
> report that information in written form).
>
> Rolf

Yes, definitely laudable. If you were to ask me off the cuff to pick the best thing Mr Trump did in the Oval Office, I'd be hard put not to choose his requirement that a bureaucrat wanting to introduce a new regulation first had to withdraw another obstacle or obstacles to progress. -- AJ

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<t68gfg$og3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56515&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56515

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 09:43:26 -0700
<9s0e8h5l34kpqhello50nj8i583ehch5go@4ax.com> <t686jv$7d7$2@dont-email.me>
<t68b68$e4r$1@dont-email.me>
 by: sms - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:43 UTC

On 5/20/2022 8:13 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:

<snip>

> In Germany, a mandatory part of secondary legislation is an asessment of
> "burocratic impact" of the legislation, which typically implies that on
> enacting new legal duties, obsolete older legal duties must be removed
> from the book (e.g. when requiring to report certain information
> electronically, the administration must remove/sunset the requirement to
> report that information in written form).

At least in my city, obsolete laws are removed when necessary. A few
years ago the city manager was asked by a resident for a bicycle license
(registration, not a license to ride). She didn't know that such a thing
even existed.

It turns out that bicycle registration was still legally required, a
relic from the past when many cities offered it. These licenses were
supposed to be issued by the city manager. We voted to remove that law
from the books. San Jose removed their bicycle license law as well.

A lot of obsolete laws are just forgotten about because cities don't
have the resources to go through the whole code.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<j46g8httskj2gt51mfcq6ufeubejtiscgu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56530&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56530

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 05:45:18 +0700
References: <oglb8hpm9jg561v09udguiddiudbj3nbi2@4ax.com> <dc5936b8-e097-4e0a-9e49-1515da0e5907n@googlegroups.com> <flpc8h59o8tqq9m99oqop8v53vccgrors9@4ax.com> <8f5dcaa5-387b-48b0-bbb4-3314e63c65e4n@googlegroups.com> <ad83040c-f941-47de-94c3-e8ccf734401an@googlegroups.com> <964e6198-c28f-4229-83d0-2f11bca3ff72n@googlegroups.com> <9s0e8h5l34kpqhello50nj8i583ehch5go@4ax.com> <t686jv$7d7$2@dont-email.me> <t68b68$e4r$1@dont-email.me> <t68gfg$og3$1@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Fri, 20 May 2022 22:45 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 09:43:26 -0700, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 5/20/2022 8:13 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> In Germany, a mandatory part of secondary legislation is an asessment of
>> "burocratic impact" of the legislation, which typically implies that on
>> enacting new legal duties, obsolete older legal duties must be removed
>> from the book (e.g. when requiring to report certain information
>> electronically, the administration must remove/sunset the requirement to
>> report that information in written form).
>
>At least in my city, obsolete laws are removed when necessary. A few
>years ago the city manager was asked by a resident for a bicycle license
>(registration, not a license to ride). She didn't know that such a thing
>even existed.
>
>It turns out that bicycle registration was still legally required, a
>relic from the past when many cities offered it. These licenses were
>supposed to be issued by the city manager. We voted to remove that law
>from the books. San Jose removed their bicycle license law as well.
>
>A lot of obsolete laws are just forgotten about because cities don't
>have the resources to go through the whole code.

Years ago the state of New Hampshire Legislature reviewed all of the
State Laws and repealed quite a number. And I know of other states
doing the same thing, Maine was doing it back when I lived there, so
it is not an especially unique practice. In fact isn't this fal-da-rol
about abortion laws just that?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<l29g8ht07nsai1uhgof3vbv1jo87mdilbk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56534&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56534

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 07:32:50 +0700
References: <rbfb8h5gocfs9dljeod94falv0jnsk5ssq@4ax.com> <oglb8hpm9jg561v09udguiddiudbj3nbi2@4ax.com> <dc5936b8-e097-4e0a-9e49-1515da0e5907n@googlegroups.com> <flpc8h59o8tqq9m99oqop8v53vccgrors9@4ax.com> <8f5dcaa5-387b-48b0-bbb4-3314e63c65e4n@googlegroups.com> <ad83040c-f941-47de-94c3-e8ccf734401an@googlegroups.com> <964e6198-c28f-4229-83d0-2f11bca3ff72n@googlegroups.com> <9s0e8h5l34kpqhello50nj8i583ehch5go@4ax.com> <t686jv$7d7$2@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Sat, 21 May 2022 00:32 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 08:55:10 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 5/19/2022 10:06 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 May 2022 19:32:07 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
>> <ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

>> is
>>> booming and the California side is in a total slump except for the skiing. I suppose that actually seeing it is no match for John or Jeff looking it up on Google and telling me I'm wrong.
>>>

>>> Tommy, Nevada voted for Joe Biden for president in 2020. And Obama in 2008 and 2012. And Hillary in 2016. Nevada has two Democrat Senators. And three out of four Democrats in the House. But lucky for you, the northern half of Nevada is represented by a Republican. The area around Reno, Carson City, and Lake Tahoe is in his district. He is Caucasian. Looks chubby from the photo.
>>
>> Idaho is the place to go.
>>
>> I read, that the state cut more than 1,800 pages of regulations in
>> 2019, bringing its total regulatory count down to just 41,000
>> restrictions. If this new count is accurate, it would make Idaho the
>> least regulated state in the nation"
>>
>> Idaho claims to have cut or simplified an astounding 75 percent of its
>> rules. This regulatory reform is being done transparently with input
>> from the public in the form of written comments and public meetings.
>>
>> All Republican too :-)
>>

>An outlier now but there was a time when legislatures
>regularly reviewed/ revised/ rationalized their Statutes.
>IMHO probably time better spent than much of whet modern
>legislatures do now.

It does seem that legislatures seem to be in the business of making
laws, but then, if the legislature was elected and then just sat
there, would they be re-elected? Or would the Opposition he
campaigning on the argument, "LOOK! they din' do nuttin. Elect US and
we'll Do something.

Remember, and I'm not being factious, the first and greatest objective
in political life is, "GET REELECTED!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Do you suppose that Google is being hacked?

<8735h3bsqc.fsf@mothra.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56539&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56539

From: shou...@comcast.net (Radey Shouman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 21:05:15 -0400
<t686jv$7d7$2@dont-email.me>
sha1:sZ4lKepawqQ1hGpXBziMPsS57yg=
 by: Radey Shouman - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:05 UTC

<873af657-f4a8-41e4-809e-7ee889ba0ce2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56551&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56551

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 01:21:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sat, 21 May 2022 08:21 UTC

On Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 2:05:19 AM UTC+1, Radey Shouman wrote:
> AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> writes:
>

> >> Idaho claims to have cut or simplified an astounding 75 percent of its
> >> rules. This regulatory reform is being done transparently with input
> >> from the public in the form of written comments and public meetings.
> >>
> >> All Republican too :-)
> >>

> > An outlier now but there was a time when legislatures regularly
> > reviewed/ revised/ rationalized their Statutes. IMHO probably time
> > better spent than much of whet modern legislatures do now.
>
> There was a time when legislators actually wrote most legislation.
> Those were simpler, more primitive times.

Generally known as "more efficient times". -- AJ