If God had intended Man to program, we'd be born with serial I/O ports.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Installation of new components.

SubjectAuthor
* Installation of new components.Tom Kunich
`- Re: Installation of new components.russellseaton1@yahoo.com

1
Installation of new components.

<9a3dcab5-73ac-4505-b3b1-7884558dbdc3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56701&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56701

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:08:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Installation of new components.
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 23 May 2022 22:08 UTC

While I may have used a different technique than Campy's 11 speed video and Lou used, mine both worked as well and it allowed me to use a carpenter's level to make sure that both levers were evenly installed. And since I could see the tightening connector enough to avoid cutting the hood, it worked safely.

I have just finished cleaning the chain in the ultrasound cleaner and waxing it in the hot pot. The rear cassette is visibly clean though it might have some dirt build=up somewhere. The crankset is a Chorus but the new one is a 4 arm so I will install that. I think that I will retain the parts to install on the Eddy Merckx Elite frame I have. People aren't interested in building their own bikes anymore but suddenly I have a lot of sales going on with completed bikes. Although as soon as I clean out the stable I will NEVER use Ebay again, Apparently they think that used bikes privately sold should be reported to the IRS as income

During my viewing of the 11 Speed Chorus assembly video, they used a tool I have never seen before. It was a simple plastic piece that fit over large chain ring and allowed you to perfectly align and space the front derailleur. I just bought one off of Ebay. My days with Amazon are now over though the delivery would be faster. They would not re-instate my password unless I could tell them what my last 3 purchases were and the exact price. Since i had just bought a dozen Jack Reacher novels and they were delivered haphazardly I couldn't tell you what the last three purchases were let alone their exactly price. Amazon is getting impossible to deal with so I won't.

Looking at the way that the Campy video showed the tool and the way my front derailleur is installed, there might be a slight difference. Though it was riding silently in all gears but large ring and small cog.

My Shamal Wheels have a Shimano freehub and hence I ordered an 11 speed 11-32 cassette. According to earlier discussions and my looking it up several times, this should work well with Chorus 11 speed. If I find that it does I'll let everyone know. If it doesn't a new freehub is $75 from Campy. I have and extra 11 speed Campy cassette.

Tomorrow i have to take the Douglas Titanium into the shop for packing and shipping to Lousiiana. the day after than I should be able to pick up the Chorus rear derauilleir with the medium arm installed.

Then adjusting the derailleurs is all that is left. At that point I will be able to install all of the parts on the Eddy Merckx and put it up for sale.. The only parts I'm short of so that is the brakes. Perhaps the older double pivot brakes which operate better than the skeleton but I'll have to think about it since people tend to want the newer stuff regardless of what works better. No matter how many videos there are of the disk brakes overheating and failing leading to hard crashes, everyone wants them. Pro racers and their mechanics complaining about this doesn't seem to make the slightest difference.

When I cited my experience with them the nasty group here said - "you're just dumb", I wonder what they had to say about Chris Froome saying the same thing? Perhaps it's good that they're in a killfile now.

Re: Installation of new components.

<4d1fbc65-38a1-4b29-9984-60f284b558f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=56713&group=rec.bicycles.tech#56713

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 21:36:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Installation of new components.
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Tue, 24 May 2022 04:36 UTC

On Monday, May 23, 2022 at 5:09:01 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> While I may have used a different technique than Campy's 11 speed video and Lou used, mine both worked as well and it allowed me to use a carpenter's level to make sure that both levers were evenly installed. And since I could see the tightening connector enough to avoid cutting the hood, it worked safely.
>
> I have just finished cleaning the chain in the ultrasound cleaner and waxing it in the hot pot. The rear cassette is visibly clean though it might have some dirt build=up somewhere. The crankset is a Chorus but the new one is a 4 arm so I will install that. I think that I will retain the parts to install on the Eddy Merckx Elite frame I have. People aren't interested in building their own bikes anymore but suddenly I have a lot of sales going on with completed bikes. Although as soon as I clean out the stable I will NEVER use Ebay again, Apparently they think that used bikes privately sold should be reported to the IRS as income

https://www.1040.com/blog/2019/7/12/selling-stuff-online-taxes-for-etsy-ebay-letgo-and-more/#:~:text=Sold%20goods%20aren%27t%20taxable,the%20surplus%20as%20capital%20gains.

So now Tommy boy thinks the IRS Federal Government tax laws do not apply to him. Because he is special I guess. Are you committing tax crimes Tommy boy? Felony Tommy or Tommy Felony. Which one sounds better?