"You are WRONG, you ol' brass-breasted fascist poop!" -- Bloom County

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Tuesday Ride

SubjectAuthor
* Tuesday RideTom Kunich
`* Re: Tuesday RideRolf Mantel
 `* Re: Tuesday RideFrank Krygowski
  +* Re: Tuesday RideLou Holtman
  |`- Re: Tuesday RideTom Kunich
  `- Re: Tuesday RideRolf Mantel

1
Tuesday Ride

<5c3b2ede-d662-4ebd-ac16-ae3634ba12ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57321&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57321

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 12:48:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Tuesday Ride
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 30 May 2022 19:48 UTC

I hadn't slept good for a couple of days due to a cat being restless. So last night besides the ride the same day I figured I would take a sleeping pill. As usual, that has left me very sleepy.

If I feel OK tomorrow I will take a normaol hard climbingh ride. This goes from San Leandro to Moraga and back. There's should be a coffee shop in Moraga but i haven't been there in so long and that sock puppet's handlers have worked so hard to destroy the economy that in California most small businesses are either near or over bankruptsy so they may not be there and I'll have to find a fast food joint. The total lack of sanity group here don't care. That is the hallmark of their kind.

November cannot get here fast enough to suit me. Even if every one of the Democrats was deposed and a real Capitalist were to take over, it would take 5 years at a minimum to recover from the Gavin Loathsome policies.

But better recovering than carrying on at the horror story pathway this state is in.

Frank was crying about how billionaires haven't been paying any taxes. So I began the long task of looking into it. Even though that freak of nature Frank is too stupid to understand economics, it turns out that Jeff Bezos, one of the world's richest men, when he ran Amazon paid himself only $10,000 a year. His entire wealth was tied up in his stock holdings which he was not buying or selling. So the only other income he had was from dividends which could be easily offset with charitable deductions. These guys didn't pay zero taxes but rather very low taxes and his benefits were supplied by the company. Other Billionaires did more or less the same thing and the crocodile tears from Franks who cannot stand someone actually following the laws are something to behold.

Are the laws unfair? I cannot see that they are. These men became rich supplying goods and services that EVERYONE uses and wants. Frank cannot stand the idea that anyone in this country can get far richer than his wildest dreams simply by working hard and using their imagination. This is something Frank was never about to do. He became a teacher to avoid work and he never had the slightest imagination.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<t77c12$519$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57374&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57374

From: new...@hartig-mantel.de (Rolf Mantel)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Tuesday Ride
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 11:37:38 +0200
 by: Rolf Mantel - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 09:37 UTC

Am 30.05.2022 um 21:48 schrieb Tom Kunich:
> If I feel OK tomorrow I will take a normaol hard climbingh ride. This
> goes from San Leandro to Moraga and back. There's should be a coffee
> shop in Moraga but i haven't been there in so long and that sock
> puppet's handlers have worked so hard to destroy the economy that in
> California most small businesses are either near or over bankruptsy
> so they may not be there and I'll have to find a fast food joint. The
> total lack of sanity group here don't care. That is the hallmark of
> their kind.
Our company had "mental Health day" on Tuesday: an additional day off
for everybody world-wide with the suggestion we do something that helps
us get back into a positive mind rframe after the COVID season.

I took a ride on my new recumbent bike with a couple of colleagues (on
"normal" bikes), one of them requested "put lots of hills into that
ride, please".
We took the train to Neckargemünd (after 09:00, taking bicycles along
is free), and did some hills on empty back roads. 40 km and 660 m
altitude in the morning.

<https://www.strava.com/activities/7231137509>

As expected, the new recumbent is great fun on gentle downhill and in
the rolling countryside (I coasted around 30 mph where the colleagues
coasted 25 mph). The first gear allowing for comfortable 4 mph
pedalling is good for 7% climbs and OK for short 10% sections.

After a long lunch break, we followed the Elzenz river bike trail and
then did a heavy 450m climb to Königsstuhl, the colleague who had
requested lots of hills reached the end of his power, having to push a
fair bit on a forest trail.

<https://www.strava.com/activities/7232281110>

Finally, everybody took a different route downhill, to their respective
homes.

<https://www.strava.com/activities/7232457702>

This morning, I preferred to take the lift rather than the stairs get
get to my 4th floor office.

Rolf

Re: Tuesday Ride

<t77tk9$2mh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57379&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57379

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 10:37:58 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 14:37 UTC

On 6/1/2022 5:37 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
> Am 30.05.2022 um 21:48 schrieb Tom Kunich:
>> If I feel OK tomorrow I will take a normaol hard climbingh ride. This
>> goes from San Leandro to Moraga and back. There's should be a coffee
>> shop in Moraga but i haven't been there in so long and that sock
>> puppet's handlers have worked so hard to destroy the economy that in
>> California most small businesses are either near or over bankruptsy
>> so they may not be there and I'll have to find a fast food joint. The
>> total lack of sanity group here don't care. That is the hallmark of
>> their kind.
> Our company had "mental Health day" on Tuesday: an additional day off
> for everybody world-wide with the suggestion we do something that helps
> us get back into a positive mind rframe  after the COVID season.
>
> I took a ride on my new recumbent bike with a couple of colleagues (on
> "normal" bikes), one of them requested "put lots of hills into that
> ride, please".
>  We took the train to Neckargemünd (after 09:00, taking bicycles along
> is free), and did some hills on empty back roads. 40 km and 660 m
> altitude in the morning.
>
> <https://www.strava.com/activities/7231137509>
>
> As expected, the new recumbent is great fun on gentle downhill and in
> the rolling countryside (I coasted around 30 mph where the colleagues
> coasted 25 mph).  The first gear allowing for comfortable 4 mph
> pedalling is good for 7% climbs and OK for short 10% sections.
>
> After a long lunch break, we followed the Elzenz river bike trail and
> then did a heavy 450m climb to Königsstuhl, the colleague who had
> requested lots of hills reached the end of his power, having to push a
> fair bit on a forest trail.
>
> <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232281110>
>
> Finally, everybody took a different route downhill, to their respective
> homes.
>
> <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232457702>
>

> This morning, I preferred to take the lift rather than the stairs get
> get to my 4th floor office.
>
> Rolf

I'm curious about your recumbent. Make and model? Got a photo?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Tuesday Ride

<127b1eb6-a16e-43a3-9da3-bf0a7fb804d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57381&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57381

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 07:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: lou.holt...@gmail.com (Lou Holtman)
 by: Lou Holtman - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 14:49 UTC

On Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 4:38:04 PM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 6/1/2022 5:37 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
> > Am 30.05.2022 um 21:48 schrieb Tom Kunich:
> >> If I feel OK tomorrow I will take a normaol hard climbingh ride. This
> >> goes from San Leandro to Moraga and back. There's should be a coffee
> >> shop in Moraga but i haven't been there in so long and that sock
> >> puppet's handlers have worked so hard to destroy the economy that in
> >> California most small businesses are either near or over bankruptsy
> >> so they may not be there and I'll have to find a fast food joint. The
> >> total lack of sanity group here don't care. That is the hallmark of
> >> their kind.
> > Our company had "mental Health day" on Tuesday: an additional day off
> > for everybody world-wide with the suggestion we do something that helps
> > us get back into a positive mind rframe after the COVID season.
> >
> > I took a ride on my new recumbent bike with a couple of colleagues (on
> > "normal" bikes), one of them requested "put lots of hills into that
> > ride, please".
> > We took the train to Neckargemünd (after 09:00, taking bicycles along
> > is free), and did some hills on empty back roads. 40 km and 660 m
> > altitude in the morning.
> >
> > <https://www.strava.com/activities/7231137509>
> >
> > As expected, the new recumbent is great fun on gentle downhill and in
> > the rolling countryside (I coasted around 30 mph where the colleagues
> > coasted 25 mph). The first gear allowing for comfortable 4 mph
> > pedalling is good for 7% climbs and OK for short 10% sections.
> >
> > After a long lunch break, we followed the Elzenz river bike trail and
> > then did a heavy 450m climb to Königsstuhl, the colleague who had
> > requested lots of hills reached the end of his power, having to push a
> > fair bit on a forest trail.
> >
> > <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232281110>
> >
> > Finally, everybody took a different route downhill, to their respective
> > homes.
> >
> > <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232457702>
> >

> > This morning, I preferred to take the lift rather than the stairs get
> > get to my 4th floor office.
> >
> > Rolf
> I'm curious about your recumbent. Make and model? Got a photo?
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

Now I think about it, the recumbent ‘hype’ here is completely over. Hardly see any.

Lou

Re: Tuesday Ride

<t77v9c$gdf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57383&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57383

From: new...@hartig-mantel.de (Rolf Mantel)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 17:06:22 +0200
 by: Rolf Mantel - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:06 UTC

Am 01.06.2022 um 16:37 schrieb Frank Krygowski:
> On 6/1/2022 5:37 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
>> Am 30.05.2022 um 21:48 schrieb Tom Kunich:
>>> If I feel OK tomorrow I will take a normaol hard climbingh ride. This
>>> goes from San Leandro to Moraga and back. There's should be a coffee
>>> shop in Moraga but i haven't been there in so long and that sock
>>> puppet's handlers have worked so hard to destroy the economy that in
>>> California most small businesses are either near or over bankruptsy
>>> so they may not be there and I'll have to find a fast food joint. The
>>> total lack of sanity group here don't care. That is the hallmark of
>>> their kind.
>> Our company had "mental Health day" on Tuesday: an additional day off
>> for everybody world-wide with the suggestion we do something that
>> helps us get back into a positive mind rframe  after the COVID season.
>>
>> I took a ride on my new recumbent bike with a couple of colleagues (on
>> "normal" bikes), one of them requested "put lots of hills into that
>> ride, please".
>>   We took the train to Neckargemünd (after 09:00, taking bicycles
>> along is free), and did some hills on empty back roads. 40 km and 660
>> m altitude in the morning.
>>
>> <https://www.strava.com/activities/7231137509>
>>
>> As expected, the new recumbent is great fun on gentle downhill and in
>> the rolling countryside (I coasted around 30 mph where the colleagues
>> coasted 25 mph).  The first gear allowing for comfortable 4 mph
>> pedalling is good for 7% climbs and OK for short 10% sections.
>>
>> After a long lunch break, we followed the Elzenz river bike trail and
>> then did a heavy 450m climb to Königsstuhl, the colleague who had
>> requested lots of hills reached the end of his power, having to push a
>> fair bit on a forest trail.
>>
>> <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232281110>
>>
>> Finally, everybody took a different route downhill, to their
>> respective homes.
>>
>> <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232457702>
>>

>> This morning, I preferred to take the lift rather than the stairs get
>> get to my 4th floor office.
>
> I'm curious about your recumbent. Make and model? Got a photo?

HP Velotechnik "Speedmachine", like the first picture of
<https://www.hpvelotechnik.com/en/recumbent-trikes-bikes/speedmachine-sporty-recumbent-road-bike/>
but without head rest, plus a low-rider rack below the seat. XT Groupset.

The main reason for getting a new one after 10 years was that the
previous ZOX had a non-adjustable carbon seat and a tailbone injury made
that seat painful.

Rolf

Re: Tuesday Ride

<949e51ad-39be-4d1a-85ec-34670df1a16dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57384&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57384

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 08:09:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:09 UTC

On Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 7:49:33 AM UTC-7, Lou Holtman wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 4:38:04 PM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > > Our company had "mental Health day" on Tuesday: an additional day off
> > > for everybody world-wide with the suggestion we do something that helps
> > > us get back into a positive mind rframe after the COVID season.
> > >
> > > I took a ride on my new recumbent bike with a couple of colleagues (on
> > > "normal" bikes), one of them requested "put lots of hills into that
> > > ride, please".
> > > We took the train to Neckargemünd (after 09:00, taking bicycles along
> > > is free), and did some hills on empty back roads. 40 km and 660 m
> > > altitude in the morning.
> > >
> > > <https://www.strava.com/activities/7231137509>
> > >
> > > As expected, the new recumbent is great fun on gentle downhill and in
> > > the rolling countryside (I coasted around 30 mph where the colleagues
> > > coasted 25 mph). The first gear allowing for comfortable 4 mph
> > > pedalling is good for 7% climbs and OK for short 10% sections.
> > >
> > > After a long lunch break, we followed the Elzenz river bike trail and
> > > then did a heavy 450m climb to Königsstuhl, the colleague who had
> > > requested lots of hills reached the end of his power, having to push a
> > > fair bit on a forest trail.
> > >
> > > <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232281110>
> > >
> > > Finally, everybody took a different route downhill, to their respective
> > > homes.
> > >
> > > <https://www.strava.com/activities/7232457702>
> > >

> > > This morning, I preferred to take the lift rather than the stairs get
> > > get to my 4th floor office.
> > >
> > > Rolf
> > I'm curious about your recumbent. Make and model? Got a photo?
> >
> > --
> > - Frank Krygowski
> Now I think about it, the recumbent ‘hype’ here is completely over. Hardly see any.

He had quite a bit of climbing on that ride. I never quite could make out the desire for a recumbent with that long chain and continuous problems with the derailleurs. But I go 4 mph on climbs without the extram weight of a recumbent. Older and slower.