What is algebra, exactly? Is it one of those three-cornered things? -- J. M. Barrie

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Curiouser and Curiouser

SubjectAuthor
* Curiouser and CuriouserTom Kunich
`* Re: Curiouser and CuriouserFrank Krygowski
 +- Re: Curiouser and Curiouserrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 `* Re: Curiouser and CuriouserRadey Shouman
  +- Re: Curiouser and CuriouserFrank Krygowski
  `* Re: Curiouser and CuriouserTom Kunich
   `- Re: Curiouser and CuriouserFrank Krygowski

1
Curiouser and Curiouser

<6ad44af3-d03b-49e7-b057-fb2522648148n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57583&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57583

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 08:20:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Curiouser and Curiouser
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 15:20 UTC

Since i put in the kill files for people like Flunky and Frank there are things that you might not otherwise notice:

The subjects like "lost a friend" has presently 786 postings to it but I can only see a couple of dozen postings, Imagine how much respect that Frank and close friend must have for his postings? Before I put in my kill files I saw Frank telling us that despite his friend dying in a simple accident in which a helmet MIGHT have improved his chances he was glad that his friend didn't wear a helmet because it might have shown Frank's disbelieve in helmets to be as silly as it is.

Not only do I strongly believe that helmets cannot save your life, I have published a paper showing why. But that doesn't mean that a baby blanket between your head and a hard object which is the overwhelming majority of falls cannot do at least some good.

Mind you, if Frank falls and kills himself without a helmet it means nothing. He might very well have fallen and killed himself wearing a helmet so his choice is his choice. But his constant advertising against helmets trying to dissuade others is just what it looks like - pure ignorance.

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser

<t7fuvc$in$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57587&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57587

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Curiouser and Curiouser
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 11:50:02 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 15:50 UTC

On 6/4/2022 11:20 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> I saw Frank telling us that despite his friend dying in a simple accident in which a helmet MIGHT have improved his chances he was glad that his friend didn't wear a helmet...

Tom's nonsense is getting beyond crazy. It's getting obscene!

One of the points of my initial post was that MY FRIEND WAS WEARING A
HELMET. He fell over at zero speed. The helmet failed to protect him
even in that simple fall. He died from the resulting brain injury.

As I've said for years, bike helmets are nowhere near as protective as
usually claimed.

And as I've said for years, Tom seems to be mentally ill.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser

<0d11279b-2f97-43bf-b965-48a5ff302a63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57597&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57597

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 15:40:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 22:40 UTC

On Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 10:50:08 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 6/4/2022 11:20 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > I saw Frank telling us that despite his friend dying in a simple accident in which a helmet MIGHT have improved his chances he was glad that his friend didn't wear a helmet...
>
> Tom's nonsense is getting beyond crazy. It's getting obscene!
>
> One of the points of my initial post was that MY FRIEND WAS WEARING A
> HELMET. He fell over at zero speed. The helmet failed to protect him
> even in that simple fall. He died from the resulting brain injury.
>
> As I've said for years, bike helmets are nowhere near as protective as
> usually claimed.
>
> And as I've said for years, Tom seems to be mentally ill.
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

Just one more example of Tommy boy's lack of education. He claims to have reached the senior class. But I am finding even that hard to believe. I bet if we saw his high school transcript (that is a list of classes you take and grades, Tommy) it would show he dropped out, or flunked out, well before reaching the senior class. His Oakland high school merely did not kick him out of school but allowed him to continue retaking the sophomore or freshman classes multiple times. Sad.

His reading comprehension is severely lacking. Hopefully he has a caregiver to administer his pills. Because there is no way he could follow drug prescription orders printed on the side of the bottle. Tommy would read "Take 2 pills per day, 12 hours apart" and think that means take 12 pills every 2 hours. Tommy needs help.

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser

<87wndw7z39.fsf@mothra.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57603&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57603

From: shou...@comcast.net (Radey Shouman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 20:06:50 -0400
sha1:fjRYLYTE1JJK+hz6dZP+hWLOCd4=
 by: Radey Shouman - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 00:06 UTC

Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> On 6/4/2022 11:20 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> I saw Frank telling us that despite his friend dying in a simple
>> accident in which a helmet MIGHT have improved his chances he was
>> glad that his friend didn't wear a helmet...
>
> Tom's nonsense is getting beyond crazy. It's getting obscene!
>
> One of the points of my initial post was that MY FRIEND WAS WEARING A
> HELMET. He fell over at zero speed. The helmet failed to protect him
> even in that simple fall. He died from the resulting brain injury.

One of the initial points of the reaction (perhaps too understated for
you to pick up) was that if your friends are mostly good for making
deathbed rhetorical points on usenet, we wonder how you treat your
casual acquaintances.

> As I've said for years, bike helmets are nowhere near as protective as
> usually claimed.

I agree with that.

> And as I've said for years, Tom seems to be mentally ill.

If you believe that Tom is mentally ill, and you insist on not only
arguing with him, but baiting him at every opportunity, what does that
make you?

--

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser

<t7gub5$uom$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57604&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57604

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 20:45:23 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 00:45 UTC

On 6/4/2022 8:06 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:

> If you believe that Tom is mentally ill, and you insist on not only
> arguing with him, but baiting him at every opportunity, what does that
> make you?

Please try for accuracy, Radey. I obviously don't argue with Tom "at
every opportunity." For most of his nonsense, I just shake my head sadly
and let it pass, although occasionally I laugh. Arguing with _all_ his
nonsense would be a full time job.

Q: When I do correct his mistakes, what does that make me?
A: Something like an editor.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser

<fd5030bf-a598-4cef-a219-b8a7dccf5195n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57606&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57606

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 18:30:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 01:30 UTC

On Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 5:06:54 PM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:
> Frank Krygowski <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
> > On 6/4/2022 11:20 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >> I saw Frank telling us that despite his friend dying in a simple
> >> accident in which a helmet MIGHT have improved his chances he was
> >> glad that his friend didn't wear a helmet...
> >
> > Tom's nonsense is getting beyond crazy. It's getting obscene!
> >
> > One of the points of my initial post was that MY FRIEND WAS WEARING A
> > HELMET. He fell over at zero speed. The helmet failed to protect him
> > even in that simple fall. He died from the resulting brain injury.
> One of the initial points of the reaction (perhaps too understated for
> you to pick up) was that if your friends are mostly good for making
> deathbed rhetorical points on usenet, we wonder how you treat your
> casual acquaintances.
> > As I've said for years, bike helmets are nowhere near as protective as
> > usually claimed.
> I agree with that.
> > And as I've said for years, Tom seems to be mentally ill.
> If you believe that Tom is mentally ill, and you insist on not only
> arguing with him, but baiting him at every opportunity, what does that
> make you?

We all know what that makes Frank. He has continued to say that helmets are useless, not only have I said that but I proved it. But being hit by a car is NOT falling over at a stop or nearly so Perhaps his friend broke his neck. Frank seems to know nothing about why he died. It is extremely unlikely to have a fractured skull if you're wearing a helmet and fall over because that is PRECISELY what they are designed to prevent. There are at least three national and international standards describing how to prevent that. All commercial helmets are required to meet these standards and Frank is saying they are useless under exactly those conditions.

Frank believes me to be mentally ill while he is denying science from the start.

Re: Curiouser and Curiouser

<t7ieau$qjm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57613&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57613

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 10:24:30 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 14:24 UTC

On 6/4/2022 9:30 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> We all know what that makes Frank. He has continued to say that helmets are useless, not only have I said that but I proved it. But being hit by a car is NOT falling over at a stop or nearly so Perhaps his friend broke his neck. Frank seems to know nothing about why he died.

He died from intense bleeding on the brain, according to the attending
physician. He said if my friend had survived he would "not have been the
same person."

--
- Frank Krygowski