Like punning, programming is a play on words.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Man who loves bicycles

SubjectAuthor
* Man who loves bicyclesAMuzi
+- Re: Man who loves bicyclesTom Kunich
`* Re: Man who loves bicyclesJohn B.
 `* Re: Man who loves bicyclesAMuzi
  +* Re: Man who loves bicyclesTom Kunich
  |`- Re: Man who loves bicyclesJohn B.
  `* Re: Man who loves bicyclesJohn B.
   `* Re: Man who loves bicyclesAMuzi
    `* Re: Man who loves bicyclesJohn B.
     `- Re: Man who loves bicyclesWilliam Crowell

1
Man who loves bicycles

<t7vdsu$ltb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57801&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57801

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Man who loves bicycles
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:36:47 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 12:36 UTC

Just can't keep his hands off them

https://cwbchicago.com/2022/06/9-time-felon-broke-into-lincoln-park-apartment-building-bike-room-prosecutors-say.html
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<8eaa95c7-7011-4e6f-8ed1-797c9e22288en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57804&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57804

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 08:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Man who loves bicycles
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 15:56 UTC

On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 5:36:53 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> Just can't keep his hands off them
>
> https://cwbchicago.com/2022/06/9-time-felon-broke-into-lincoln-park-apartment-building-bike-room-prosecutors-say.html

Well, in order to decide whether this is a psychological problem or one where his quest if to make as much money as fast as possible, you'd have to know what sort of bikes were being stolen. If they were simply any bike it could be a compulsion but if they are all high end bikes, the guy is specializing in high end bike theft.

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<t0i7ahp9ojupgvkqhp96f6ml8a5qfnfrij@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57822&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57822

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 05:53:06 +0700
 by: John B. - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:53 UTC

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:36:47 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>Just can't keep his hands off them
>
>https://cwbchicago.com/2022/06/9-time-felon-broke-into-lincoln-park-apartment-building-bike-room-prosecutors-say.html

A couple of questions. Based on your knowledge of the bicycle business
and while, of course you, weren't there what kind of money are we
talking about here? Not to justify thieving, I'm just wonder how low
people will go? Can one "make a living" stealing bicycles?

Another thing. The article says that you only have to post 10% of the
bail to get out of jail? Is that true today? I ask as in years past
the entire amount of the bail had to be guaranteed in some manner,
often by a so called bail bond agent who "guaranteed" the bail, or in
other words was required to pay the while amount if you scampered.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<t80qf4$ku1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57832&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57832

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 20:17:23 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 01:17 UTC

On 6/10/2022 5:53 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:36:47 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
>> Just can't keep his hands off them
>>
>> https://cwbchicago.com/2022/06/9-time-felon-broke-into-lincoln-park-apartment-building-bike-room-prosecutors-say.html
>
> A couple of questions. Based on your knowledge of the bicycle business
> and while, of course you, weren't there what kind of money are we
> talking about here? Not to justify thieving, I'm just wonder how low
> people will go? Can one "make a living" stealing bicycles?
>

> Another thing. The article says that you only have to post 10% of the
> bail to get out of jail? Is that true today? I ask as in years past
> the entire amount of the bail had to be guaranteed in some manner,
> often by a so called bail bond agent who "guaranteed" the bail, or in
> other words was required to pay the while amount if you scampered.

Right, bondsmen offer a service, generally at 10% cash.
They'll pay the bond but they want security in real estate,
autos, etc to cover nonappearance:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bail-bond.asp

Every system has its features and foibles. In Mexico for
example you sit in jail until trial.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<d51985ed-280b-4ab1-b4f7-ebdc913fdd21n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57836&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57836

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 18:54:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 01:54 UTC

On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 6:17:27 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 6/10/2022 5:53 PM, John B. wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:36:47 -0500, AMuzi <a...@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Just can't keep his hands off them
> >>
> >> https://cwbchicago.com/2022/06/9-time-felon-broke-into-lincoln-park-apartment-building-bike-room-prosecutors-say.html
> >
> > A couple of questions. Based on your knowledge of the bicycle business
> > and while, of course you, weren't there what kind of money are we
> > talking about here? Not to justify thieving, I'm just wonder how low
> > people will go? Can one "make a living" stealing bicycles?
> >

> > Another thing. The article says that you only have to post 10% of the
> > bail to get out of jail? Is that true today? I ask as in years past
> > the entire amount of the bail had to be guaranteed in some manner,
> > often by a so called bail bond agent who "guaranteed" the bail, or in
> > other words was required to pay the while amount if you scampered.
> >
> Right, bondsmen offer a service, generally at 10% cash.
> They'll pay the bond but they want security in real estate,
> autos, etc to cover nonappearance:
>
> https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bail-bond.asp
>
> Every system has its features and foibles. In Mexico for
> example you sit in jail until trial.

In San Francisco that SOB Soros funded DA was releasing major felons with NO bail. And he was angry that he was recalled as the worthless POS that her is. Even the New York Times had to call him what he is.

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<e218ah11ddibf0988rtk4dhtid5tlhie35@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57839&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57839

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 09:56:42 +0700
 by: John B. - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 02:56 UTC

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 20:17:23 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 6/10/2022 5:53 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:36:47 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Just can't keep his hands off them
>>>
>>> https://cwbchicago.com/2022/06/9-time-felon-broke-into-lincoln-park-apartment-building-bike-room-prosecutors-say.html
>>
>> A couple of questions. Based on your knowledge of the bicycle business
>> and while, of course you, weren't there what kind of money are we
>> talking about here? Not to justify thieving, I'm just wonder how low
>> people will go? Can one "make a living" stealing bicycles?
>>

>> Another thing. The article says that you only have to post 10% of the
>> bail to get out of jail? Is that true today? I ask as in years past
>> the entire amount of the bail had to be guaranteed in some manner,
>> often by a so called bail bond agent who "guaranteed" the bail, or in
>> other words was required to pay the while amount if you scampered.
>>

>Right, bondsmen offer a service, generally at 10% cash.
>They'll pay the bond but they want security in real estate,
>autos, etc to cover nonappearance:
>
>https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bail-bond.asp
>
>Every system has its features and foibles. In Mexico for
>example you sit in jail until trial.

Yes I remember the Kingston Trio and "The Tiajuana Jail" song but that
said "Ain't got no friends to go our bail" (:-)

But in a more sensible vein, I can certainly see a logic in keeping
those that commit severe crimes (for want of a better term) in jail
until tried.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<9518ah9oqaa9brmhjmuujokspm53s6d82h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57840&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57840

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 10:02:28 +0700
 by: John B. - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 03:02 UTC

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 18:54:40 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 6:17:27 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

>> > A couple of questions. Based on your knowledge of the bicycle business
>> > and while, of course you, weren't there what kind of money are we
>> > talking about here? Not to justify thieving, I'm just wonder how low
>> > people will go? Can one "make a living" stealing bicycles?
>> >

>> > Another thing. The article says that you only have to post 10% of the
>> > bail to get out of jail? Is that true today? I ask as in years past
>> > the entire amount of the bail had to be guaranteed in some manner,
>> > often by a so called bail bond agent who "guaranteed" the bail, or in
>> > other words was required to pay the while amount if you scampered.
>> >
>> Right, bondsmen offer a service, generally at 10% cash.
>> They'll pay the bond but they want security in real estate,
>> autos, etc to cover nonappearance:
>>
>> https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bail-bond.asp
>>
>> Every system has its features and foibles. In Mexico for
>> example you sit in jail until trial.
>
>In San Francisco that SOB Soros funded DA was releasing major felons with NO bail. And he was angry that he was recalled as the worthless POS that her is. Even the New York Times had to call him what he is.

Ah but that is California. Didn't one of your governors close the
insane "asylum"?

Truly "the land of the fruits and the nuts".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<t8116m$8lj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57841&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57841

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:12:21 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 03:12 UTC

On 6/10/2022 9:56 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 20:17:23 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>>> A couple of questions. Based on your knowledge of the bicycle business
>>> and while, of course you, weren't there what kind of money are we
>>> talking about here? Not to justify thieving, I'm just wonder how low
>>> people will go? Can one "make a living" stealing bicycles?
>>>

>>> Another thing. The article says that you only have to post 10% of the
>>> bail to get out of jail? Is that true today? I ask as in years past
>>> the entire amount of the bail had to be guaranteed in some manner,
>>> often by a so called bail bond agent who "guaranteed" the bail, or in
>>> other words was required to pay the while amount if you scampered.
>>>

>> Right, bondsmen offer a service, generally at 10% cash.
>> They'll pay the bond but they want security in real estate,
>> autos, etc to cover nonappearance:
>>
>> https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bail-bond.asp
>>
>> Every system has its features and foibles. In Mexico for
>> example you sit in jail until trial.
>
> Yes I remember the Kingston Trio and "The Tiajuana Jail" song but that
> said "Ain't got no friends to go our bail" (:-)
>
> But in a more sensible vein, I can certainly see a logic in keeping
> those that commit severe crimes (for want of a better term) in jail
> until tried.

That's the theory under Napoleonic Law (such as in Mexico).

We have a Constitutional difference:
https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/amendment-viii/clauses/103

After 'Our Recent Unpleasantness', the amendments were
incorporated to the States:
https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/14th-amendment

The lyricist for the song may have invoked poetic license or
perhaps had no idea that there's no bail in Mexico.

Which is not unusual. If the man singing 'Folsom Prison
Blues' 'shot a man in Reno', why is he doing time in Folsom
California? Other examples abound.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<3o38ahh27u1u3eboikqtee86drhv1rgkqf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57844&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57844

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 10:45:27 +0700
 by: John B. - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 03:45 UTC

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:12:21 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 6/10/2022 9:56 PM, John B. wrote:

>>> Right, bondsmen offer a service, generally at 10% cash.
>>> They'll pay the bond but they want security in real estate,
>>> autos, etc to cover nonappearance:
>>>
>>> https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bail-bond.asp
>>>
>>> Every system has its features and foibles. In Mexico for
>>> example you sit in jail until trial.
>>
>> Yes I remember the Kingston Trio and "The Tiajuana Jail" song but that
>> said "Ain't got no friends to go our bail" (:-)
>>
>> But in a more sensible vein, I can certainly see a logic in keeping
>> those that commit severe crimes (for want of a better term) in jail
>> until tried.
>>

>That's the theory under Napoleonic Law (such as in Mexico).
>
>We have a Constitutional difference:
>https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/amendment-viii/clauses/103
>
>After 'Our Recent Unpleasantness', the amendments were
>incorporated to the States:
>https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/14th-amendment
>
>The lyricist for the song may have invoked poetic license or
>perhaps had no idea that there's no bail in Mexico.
>
>Which is not unusual. If the man singing 'Folsom Prison
>Blues' 'shot a man in Reno', why is he doing time in Folsom
>California? Other examples abound.

Well (:-) if it is a song the words have to rhyme. "I shot a man in
San Diego" doesn't "fit" (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Man who loves bicycles

<5b68ca3e-5258-46fc-92df-43ad907d83f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=57872&group=rec.bicycles.tech#57872

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:16:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 22:16 UTC

That Johnny Cash, what a corker. Are any of you guys old enough to remember the first time he ever appeared on network TV, on the Ed Sullivan Show around 1955 or '56, and after Ed had given him a huge buildup while introducing him by saying he was going to be bigger than Elvis, Johnny froze up and couldn't sing? I remember that well.