Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 09:15:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The new "improved" paypal
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 16:15 UTC

I bought a pair of pants from an Ebay advertiser since that (I thought it was American) manufacturer was not listed on Amazon which I hesitate to use anyway.

The pants arrived and they were entirely the incorrect size. I attempted to contact the seller to no avail twice. So I was forced to open a dispute with paypal with was an absurdly long and drawn out process. Finally getting a human assistant, they were very polite and helpful but the Paypal process for getting a refund was ridiculous. I had to file a dispute and wait for 20 days after which I could advance it to a claim and probably get a refund..

Paypal contacted the seller whose only response was that I could return the pants. They did NOT give a return address nor offer to seen an prepaid envelope and yet Paypal forwarded this bizarre response to me rather than putting the seller on the spot.

So I was stuck interfacing with a Paypal assistant again attempting to demonstrate to them exactly how far out of hand this was.

Now get this - they agreed with me and issued me NOT a refund, but a note for which I could use to buy other Ebay products and pay for them with this note. Ebay and Paypal have grown impossible to do business with anymore. Ebay charged me over $200 to sell this last bike through them meaning I will no longer use Ebay as an outlet. Changing from $20 to over $200 shows that they no longer want to do business in my opinion. I think that they simply want to become a retail outlet like Amazon.

This means that we are going to have to use better local selling sites like Craigslist and local retail stores again. Now I have to go to an auto store to get tools and cleaners etc. Macy's to get clothes and the Android repair center to get the screen repaired on my phone. The local Indian guy who used to work in the Mall is no longer there because of the covid hoax so add that to the long and growing list of business failures caused by Fauci and his minions such as Russell, Flunky, Scharf and the never was an engineer Kragowski. Can you imagine these guys having an orgasm over the failure of this country under the Democrats?