From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Motor Almost finished !
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:43:49 -0500
 by: Snag - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 02:43 UTC

I still have to bolt the intake on , motor mounts and some bracketry
and I'll be ready to drop Mr Motor back into his home . The trans turned
out to need a complete rebuild , got it back a couple of days ago . I'll
be spending a day or two finishing cleanup of brackets and such so they
can be painted before I bolt them on . Might as well make it pretty too !
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: Motor Almost finished !

<t2vu2d$1boj$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5822&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5822

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Motor Almost finished !
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 17:51:26 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 00:51 UTC

On 4/9/2022 7:43 PM, Snag wrote:
>  I still have to bolt the intake on , motor mounts and some bracketry
> and I'll be ready to drop Mr Motor back into his home . The trans turned
> out to need a complete rebuild , got it back a couple of days ago . I'll
> be spending a day or two finishing cleanup of brackets and such so they
> can be painted before I bolt them on . Might as well make it pretty too !

My cousin spent two years tearing every little bit and bob off of a car
he was working on and having it powder coated. One day he sold the
whole thing for a huge loss because he needed the cash. He never did
drive it.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Motor Almost finished !

<t316sk$1i4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5827&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5827

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 07:28:03 -0500
 by: Snag - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:28 UTC

On 4/10/2022 7:51 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 4/9/2022 7:43 PM, Snag wrote:
>>   I still have to bolt the intake on , motor mounts and some bracketry
>> and I'll be ready to drop Mr Motor back into his home . The trans
>> turned out to need a complete rebuild , got it back a couple of days
>> ago . I'll be spending a day or two finishing cleanup of brackets and
>> such so they can be painted before I bolt them on . Might as well make
>> it pretty too !
>

> My cousin spent two years tearing every little bit and bob off of a car
> he was working on and having it powder coated.  One day he sold the
> whole thing for a huge loss because he needed the cash.  He never did
> drive it.

I'm nowhere near that deep into Mama's wallet ... This is in reality
repairing all the damage my son did because he's just too lazy to do
proper maintenance . When he first "borrowed" the truck around 4 years
ago he was told that he needed to replace the tail housing seal on the
trans - he does have some experience as a mechanic . He didn't , and
also didn't keep up with fluid level in the trans and burned it up .
Everything I'm replacing/repairing is a direct result of that . He
damaged an oil pressure sensor while replacing the trans , which
eventually failed and dumped all the motor oil out in the street .
And here I am ! I've always wanted to improve the performance , but
never had a reasonable excuse . Well I got one , and I'm closing in on
finishing this thing up . Once the motor/trans are back in , I'm going
to pull the bed off for some repairs and to get better access to the
rear axle for a gear change . That will also make building an exhaust
system a LOT easier !
It probably won't be a "daily driver" because I don't get out a lot ,
but it will be my preferred vehicle when I want to go to town or make a
liquor run . Hey , if I fix the AC too , Mama might even ride with me !
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: Motor Almost finished !

<t31kuk$r0b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5829&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5829

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:27:14 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 16:27 UTC

"Snag" wrote in message news:t316sk$1i4$1@dont-email.me...

....Once the motor/trans are back in , I'm going
to pull the bed off for some repairs and to get better access to the
rear axle for a gear change . That will also make building an exhaust
system a LOT easier !

-----------------------

The bed comes off my 1991 Ford Ranger very easily; remove 6 bolts with
exposed heads, disconnect the gas filler and light connector. I've removed
it many times to fix frame and fender rust and replace worn-out parts like
the fuel pump. The bolts secure the mount for a bed crane to move something
heavy away from home.

But the new trucks I've test driven don't come apart that easily. Do any of
them?

Re: Motor Almost finished !

<t31r31$fv6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5832&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5832

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:12:48 -0500
 by: Snag - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:12 UTC

On 4/11/2022 11:27 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "Snag"  wrote in message news:t316sk$1i4$1@dont-email.me...
>
> ...Once the motor/trans are back in , I'm going
> to pull the bed off for some repairs and to get better access to the
> rear axle for a gear change . That will also make building an exhaust
> system a LOT easier !
>
> -----------------------
>
> The bed comes off my 1991 Ford Ranger very easily; remove 6 bolts with
> exposed heads, disconnect the gas filler and light connector. I've
> removed it many times to fix frame and fender rust and replace worn-out
> parts like the fuel pump. The bolts secure the mount for a bed crane to
> move something heavy away from home.
>
> But the new trucks I've test driven don't come apart that easily. Do any
> of them?

This one is an '86 , I expect probably 6 bolts , tail light harness ,
and gas filler neck .
--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: Motor Almost finished !

<49s95hhmfrrf7n62v7dpngc4v38j3pc06k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5838&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5838

From: geraldrm...@yahoo.ca (Gerry)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 23:27:08 -0400
 by: Gerry - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 03:27 UTC

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 07:28:03 -0500, Snag <Snag_one@msn.com> wrote:

>On 4/10/2022 7:51 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> On 4/9/2022 7:43 PM, Snag wrote:
>>>   I still have to bolt the intake on , motor mounts and some bracketry
>>> and I'll be ready to drop Mr Motor back into his home . The trans
>>> turned out to need a complete rebuild , got it back a couple of days
>>> ago . I'll be spending a day or two finishing cleanup of brackets and
>>> such so they can be painted before I bolt them on . Might as well make
>>> it pretty too !
>>

>> My cousin spent two years tearing every little bit and bob off of a car
>> he was working on and having it powder coated.  One day he sold the
>> whole thing for a huge loss because he needed the cash.  He never did
>> drive it.
>>

> I'm nowhere near that deep into Mama's wallet ... This is in reality
>repairing all the damage my son did because he's just too lazy to do
>proper maintenance . When he first "borrowed" the truck around 4 years
>ago he was told that he needed to replace the tail housing seal on the
>trans - he does have some experience as a mechanic . He didn't , and
>also didn't keep up with fluid level in the trans and burned it up .
>Everything I'm replacing/repairing is a direct result of that . He
>damaged an oil pressure sensor while replacing the trans , which
>eventually failed and dumped all the motor oil out in the street .
> And here I am ! I've always wanted to improve the performance , but
>never had a reasonable excuse . Well I got one , and I'm closing in on
>finishing this thing up . Once the motor/trans are back in , I'm going
>to pull the bed off for some repairs and to get better access to the
>rear axle for a gear change . That will also make building an exhaust
>system a LOT easier !
> It probably won't be a "daily driver" because I don't get out a lot ,
>but it will be my preferred vehicle when I want to go to town or make a
>liquor run . Hey , if I fix the AC too , Mama might even ride with me !
In the meantime, go buy a second hand wheelbarrow to loan your son
when he needs it!!!