Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 17:00:55 -0700 (PDT)
<6f196f46-9c75-48d4-ae48-2d17e39b059fn@googlegroups.com> <bvldI.128002$laG.106373@fx16.ams4>
<f74173f0-ded4-4827-b60d-fbe8b3389440n@googlegroups.com> <17ndI.275649$ut29.210244@fx45.ams4>
<d1595bd6-2a6a-410d-8d8f-658a0356f5a1n@googlegroups.com> <rvIdI.296638$BHVc.89338@fx32.ams4>
<1c3261e9-0b71-40c1-9bfc-7b404c360c70n@googlegroups.com> <GpXdI.193161$c2cf.1702@fx28.ams4>
<250f18d9-1ba1-4c0c-b98d-6a996b0c9342n@googlegroups.com> <W9weI.293389$MUKb.127272@fx17.ams4>
<ab0f4f35-cfbe-4a95-ad72-f2b6343d2a1dn@googlegroups.com> <zEAeI.412239$AWcd.144249@fx42.ams4>
<ebb028cd-3f92-4590-a339-747322a39806n@googlegroups.com> <1iGeI.431281$qNp.367159@fx39.ams4>
<1884b091-a87f-4333-8d03-f4872cbf9b1bn@googlegroups.com> <en%eI.137517$F197.114371@fx07.ams4>
<c74bbf88-f5d0-45cc-9efd-3027833c8f88n@googlegroups.com> <CnbfI.284511$qtBf.26768@fx43.ams4>
<24a8f707-0d55-4e67-a206-a6d825db6dbfn@googlegroups.com> <W6ednZ50lPXyX-D9nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<af30bf5c-0601-4ebd-bd65-5703d1953928n@googlegroups.com> <17c20a62-a54d-4ba5-a0d1-7847b829f611n@googlegroups.com>
<aff93e0f-55ef-4ce1-87e5-016570c287fdn@googlegroups.com> <fe3265a3-d9af-46f6-9e5b-b44bb07d5de4n@googlegroups.com>
<1dd358c6-6fef-4286-a291-6cac47ecf853n@googlegroups.com> <0cb916f5-7d4d-4ba1-a880-48de28201705n@googlegroups.com>
<92843b9d-9344-4788-8026-1f15fc9d9075n@googlegroups.com> <34de94b3-4500-4747-8821-f0d254fbffe3n@googlegroups.com>
<48ee4f7f-f12f-4d07-9311-2f583680c1d9n@googlegroups.com> <95e0ea0d-7a0c-4744-8e2b-616281d46d8dn@googlegroups.com>
<ddf60d96-7a10-49b7-98a8-956ceaf059f7n@googlegroups.com> <b71d871e-1d83-4dd2-aa5e-4907256d646fn@googlegroups.com>
<b30a47b0-7820-4c9d-b9e9-6e9280ab70b3n@googlegroups.com> <caa1734b-2136-4ba9-8f1b-50cea360397an@googlegroups.com>
<f440ad1a-7bd1-466d-8a1d-9f7f62571ee2n@googlegroups.com> <a9e10324-b628-45f6-a75b-55dab4b81c34n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: lowering temperature for inertial fast moving bodies
From: hallston...@gmail.com (Cliff Hallston)
 by: Cliff Hallston - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 00:00 UTC

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 4:32:15 PM UTC-7, beda-p...@libero.it wrote:
> About the pulse of light going transversely up and down, well, doing the the math it
> is clear that the light two ways transverse time travel is 2*sqrt(1+(v/sqrt(1-v^2)^2))
> given v=absolute speed of the box for me; v=relative speed of the your moving frame
> for you; 1=c and v= fraction of c

Huh? What you have written there includes the square of a square root, so you are saying the cycle time is 2*sqrt[1 + v/(1-v^2)] which is incorrect. If you made a mistake and intended the square to be outside those parentheses, then you get 2/sqrt(1-v^2) but this only follows if you believe that the light propagates at the speed c in terms of the frame in which the box is moving at speed v. But the whole point is that this works even for boxes moving in the earth's frame, even though the earth is moving at high speed u relative to the CMBR frame. So, your analysis needs to account for the speed c+u and c-u in place of c. Please try again, and this time account for the fact that the frame in which the box is moving is not the CMBR frame.. Let u denote the speed of the frame relative to the CMBR frame.