It is much easier to suggest solutions when you know nothing about the problem.

tech / sci.math / Re: Euler and his blonde moments.

SubjectAuthor
* Euler and his blonde moments.Eram semper recta
+- Re: Euler and his blonde moments.Dan Christensen
+- Re: Euler and his blonde moments.Eram semper recta
`* Re: Euler and his blonde moments.zelos...@gmail.com
 `- Re: Euler and his blonde moments.Eram semper recta

1
Euler and his blonde moments.

<e1bbd2f7-1339-4e92-a8f2-23dafb620fc9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=58923&group=sci.math#58923

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 04:31:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Euler and his blonde moments.
From: thenewca...@gmail.com (Eram semper recta)
 by: Eram semper recta - Fri, 14 May 2021 11:31 UTC

Of course Euler wasn't all bad. I would even say his Elements of Al-gibberish is still by far the best text book for learning and mastering by practising of algebra, but not so much for understanding.

It's just that he made several mistakes that have been overlooked to the detriment of mathematics. S = Lim S is Euler's worst blunder. It is a stain on his legacy. Euler should not have strayed into murky waters. The consequences of his error have left a profound mark on the development of mainstream "mathematics":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oUJAfIMFMcXFb8DvgsYxuPfdaB99XYH

What is really strange, is how much attention Euler paid to Newton's fake infinite series and how he showed that any ratio can be written in one of innumerably many closed forms, but in spite of this, still maintained:

Daher ist unser Bruch 1/(1+a) gleich dieser unendlichen Reihe 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c

Literal translation word for word:

Therefore is our fraction 1/(1+a) EQUAL this unending series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c

The series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c is S. [A]
The fraction 1/(1+a) is Lim S. [B]

[A] gleich (EQUAL) [B] means S = Lim S

It's not only ignorant and stupid to deny this, but to insist that Euler thought about it in terms of limits, is dishonest and wrong.

To define two fundamentally different objects S and Lim S as equal is an unpardonable sin in mathematics.

Things equal to the same thing are equal to one another.

- Common Notion 1, Euclid's Elements

Yes, I do know better!

Your comments are drivel and shall probably be ignored.

Re: Euler and his blonde moments.

<91baff2d-e203-4a51-9f51-8c66997e3935n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=58941&group=sci.math#58941

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 06:35:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Euler and his blonde moments.
From: Dan_Chri...@sympatico.ca (Dan Christensen)
 by: Dan Christensen - Fri, 14 May 2021 13:35 UTC

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 7:32:04 AM UTC-4, I am Super Rectum (aka "John Gabriel", "Troll Boy") wrote:
> S = Lim S is Euler's worst blunder. It is a stain on his legacy....

No, Troll Boy, "S = Lim S" will ALWAYS be one of SOOOOOO MANY stains on your, ahem... "legacy!" When are you going to man up and admit that it was YOU, not Euler, how wrote in big red letters, defacing a photo of his original article with your own nonsensical "S = Lim S?" You where hoping that at least some readers here were dumb as you are, right? It didn't quite work out for you did it, Troll Boy? What a moron! Time to cut your losses and move on. Math just isn't your thing.

Even at his advanced age (60+?), John Gabriel is STILL struggling with basic, elementary-school arithmetic. As he has repeatedly posted here:

"There are no points on a line."
--April 12, 2021

"Pi is NOT a number of ANY kind!"
--July 10, 2020

"1/2 not equal to 2/4"
--October 22, 2017

“1/3 does NOT mean 1 divided by 3 and never has meant that”
-- February 8, 2015

"3 =< 4 is nonsense.”
--October 28, 2017

"Zero is not a number."
-- Dec. 2, 2019

"0 is not required at all in mathematics, just like negative numbers."
-- Jan. 4, 2017

“There is no such thing as an empty set.”
--Oct. 4, 2019

“3 <=> 2 + 1 or 3 <=> 8 - 5, etc, are all propositions” (actually all are meaningless gibberish)
--Oct. 22, 2019

No math genius our JG, though he actually lists his job title as “mathematician” at Linkedin.com. Apparently, they do not verify your credentials.

Though really quite disturbing, interested readers should see: “About the spamming troll John Gabriel in his own words...” (lasted updated March 10, 2020) at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sci.math/PcpAzX5pDeY/1PDiSlK_BwAJ

Dan

Visit my Math Blog a http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

Re: Euler and his blonde moments.

<69862107-083d-42ac-9f03-04eb21f55e40n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=58993&group=sci.math#58993

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 14:59:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: thenewca...@gmail.com (Eram semper recta)
 by: Eram semper recta - Fri, 14 May 2021 21:59 UTC

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 07:32:04 UTC-4, Eram semper recta wrote:
> Of course Euler wasn't all bad. I would even say his Elements of Al-gibberish is still by far the best text book for learning and mastering by practising of algebra, but not so much for understanding.
>
> It's just that he made several mistakes that have been overlooked to the detriment of mathematics. S = Lim S is Euler's worst blunder. It is a stain on his legacy. Euler should not have strayed into murky waters. The consequences of his error have left a profound mark on the development of mainstream "mathematics":
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oUJAfIMFMcXFb8DvgsYxuPfdaB99XYH
>
> What is really strange, is how much attention Euler paid to Newton's fake infinite series and how he showed that any ratio can be written in one of innumerably many closed forms, but in spite of this, still maintained:
>
> Daher ist unser Bruch 1/(1+a) gleich dieser unendlichen Reihe 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c
>
> Literal translation word for word:
>
> Therefore is our fraction 1/(1+a) EQUAL this unending series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c
>
> The series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c is S. [A]
> The fraction 1/(1+a) is Lim S. [B]
>
> [A] gleich (EQUAL) [B] means S = Lim S
>
> It's not only ignorant and stupid to deny this, but to insist that Euler thought about it in terms of limits, is dishonest and wrong.
>
> To define two fundamentally different objects S and Lim S as equal is an unpardonable sin in mathematics.
>
> Things equal to the same thing are equal to one another.
>
> - Common Notion 1, Euclid's Elements
>
> Yes, I do know better!
>
> Your comments are drivel and shall probably be ignored.

It's a real shame that mainstream academics are so stupid and dishonest.

Re: Euler and his blonde moments.

<886a700a-ef77-4c89-8652-d1ca82c0ea7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59219&group=sci.math#59219

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 22:21:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: zelos.ma...@gmail.com (zelos...@gmail.com)
 by: zelos...@gmail.com - Mon, 17 May 2021 05:21 UTC

fredag 14 maj 2021 kl. 13:32:04 UTC+2 skrev Eram semper recta:
> Of course Euler wasn't all bad. I would even say his Elements of Al-gibberish is still by far the best text book for learning and mastering by practising of algebra, but not so much for understanding.
>
> It's just that he made several mistakes that have been overlooked to the detriment of mathematics. S = Lim S is Euler's worst blunder. It is a stain on his legacy. Euler should not have strayed into murky waters. The consequences of his error have left a profound mark on the development of mainstream "mathematics":
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oUJAfIMFMcXFb8DvgsYxuPfdaB99XYH
>
> What is really strange, is how much attention Euler paid to Newton's fake infinite series and how he showed that any ratio can be written in one of innumerably many closed forms, but in spite of this, still maintained:
>
> Daher ist unser Bruch 1/(1+a) gleich dieser unendlichen Reihe 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c
>
> Literal translation word for word:
>
> Therefore is our fraction 1/(1+a) EQUAL this unending series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c
>
> The series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c is S. [A]
> The fraction 1/(1+a) is Lim S. [B]
>
> [A] gleich (EQUAL) [B] means S = Lim S
>
> It's not only ignorant and stupid to deny this, but to insist that Euler thought about it in terms of limits, is dishonest and wrong.
>
> To define two fundamentally different objects S and Lim S as equal is an unpardonable sin in mathematics.
>
> Things equal to the same thing are equal to one another.
>
> - Common Notion 1, Euclid's Elements
>
> Yes, I do know better!
>
> Your comments are drivel and shall probably be ignored.
no one today says S=Lim S

Re: Euler and his blonde moments.

<b7fecc81-f934-4917-9d99-1891f65dd819n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59228&group=sci.math#59228

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 04:19:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: thenewca...@gmail.com (Eram semper recta)
 by: Eram semper recta - Mon, 17 May 2021 11:19 UTC

On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 01:21:15 UTC-4, zelos...@gmail.com wrote:
> fredag 14 maj 2021 kl. 13:32:04 UTC+2 skrev Eram semper recta:
> > Of course Euler wasn't all bad. I would even say his Elements of Al-gibberish is still by far the best text book for learning and mastering by practising of algebra, but not so much for understanding.
> >
> > It's just that he made several mistakes that have been overlooked to the detriment of mathematics. S = Lim S is Euler's worst blunder. It is a stain on his legacy. Euler should not have strayed into murky waters. The consequences of his error have left a profound mark on the development of mainstream "mathematics":
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oUJAfIMFMcXFb8DvgsYxuPfdaB99XYH
> >
> > What is really strange, is how much attention Euler paid to Newton's fake infinite series and how he showed that any ratio can be written in one of innumerably many closed forms, but in spite of this, still maintained:
> >
> > Daher ist unser Bruch 1/(1+a) gleich dieser unendlichen Reihe 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c
> >
> > Literal translation word for word:
> >
> > Therefore is our fraction 1/(1+a) EQUAL this unending series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c
> >
> > The series 1 - a + aa - aaa + ..&c is S. [A]
> > The fraction 1/(1+a) is Lim S. [B]
> >
> > [A] gleich (EQUAL) [B] means S = Lim S
> >
> > It's not only ignorant and stupid to deny this, but to insist that Euler thought about it in terms of limits, is dishonest and wrong.
> >
> > To define two fundamentally different objects S and Lim S as equal is an unpardonable sin in mathematics.
> >
> > Things equal to the same thing are equal to one another.
> >
> > - Common Notion 1, Euclid's Elements
> >
> > Yes, I do know better!
> >
> > Your comments are drivel and shall probably be ignored.
> no one today says S=Lim S

Fail. 0.333... = 1/3 , 0.999... = 1 and 1/7 = 0.142857... are all S = Lim S.