Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 13:47:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Valid Real Numbers
From: ross.pro...@gmx.com (Quantum Bubbles)
 by: Quantum Bubbles - Mon, 17 May 2021 20:47 UTC

Mr Gabriel (AKA Bottom Kitten 115) wrote:

"It's not my motto, but someone needs to do it! Unfortunately, no amount of shit can fix syphilitic mainstream brains. LMAO. "

An old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It is your philosophy of mathematics that is based on a lack of basic scientific literacy JG Bottom Kitten 115, not the mainstream. The mainstream has given us Quantum Mechanics, General Relativity, Non-Linear Dynamics and modern Bayesian Statistics. The burden of proof is yours, and you are not close to meeting it.

To paraphrase the great Richard Feynman, you must break your rigidity of thought JG Bottom Kitten 115. Free yourself from your lack of a good scientific education, free yourself from your naive theory of abstract concepts and your immature fetish for primitive ancient Greek thought.

You can start by reading up on evolutionary biology in general and in particular child developmental studies and animal studies that that reveal we have two innate systems concerning quantity , one discrete and one continuous; therefore we don't need to understand geometry to have a concept of number.

You can also have another go at trying to understand Calculus and Real Analysis properly. I would recommend the book: Calculus a complete course, 9th edition, by Adams and Essex, alongside G.H Hardy's Course in Pure Mathematics (centenary edition).

I know it might be daunting to have to improve yourself to such a great extent, but personal growth requires sacrifice and effort, and the benefits are long term. You are only 58 aren't you? There's still some lead in the pencil isn't there?

Your betters, like Dan Christensen, don't think that you can do it. Dan Christensen thinks you're not good enough to understand calculus properly. He thinks you will be a Bottom Kitten with IQ 115 (or worse) forever; that you will never be JG Top Cat 125.

But I think you can. Prove Dan Christensen wrong. Learn calculus properly.

Go for it champ.