A triangle which has an angle of 135 degrees is called an obscene triangle.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: More Bicycle Adventures

SubjectAuthor
* More Bicycle AdventuresAMuzi
+* Re: More Bicycle AdventuresTom Kunich
|`* Re: More Bicycle AdventuresAMuzi
| `- Re: More Bicycle AdventuresTom Kunich
`* Re: More Bicycle AdventuresFrank Krygowski
 `* Re: More Bicycle AdventuresAMuzi
  +- Re: More Bicycle AdventuresFrank Krygowski
  `* Re: More Bicycle AdventuresTom Kunich
   `- Re: More Bicycle AdventuresFrank Krygowski

1
More Bicycle Adventures

<tah5tp$1muuo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59584&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59584

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: More Bicycle Adventures
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 07:43:34 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 12:43 UTC

https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident.cfm?id=29950

I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a quiet
and safe neighborhood.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<75d87bf5-c814-4fa3-bc14-6e2550cc5853n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59585&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59585

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 06:39:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: More Bicycle Adventures
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 13:39 UTC

On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 5:43:40 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident.cfm?id=29950
>
> I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a quiet
> and safe neighborhood.

These are now the sorts of things that even happen in Madison Wisconsin because the Democrat Government there allows it.

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<tahfna$1nvqv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59593&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59593

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 11:30:49 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:30 UTC

On 7/11/2022 8:43 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident.cfm?id=29950
>

> I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a quiet and safe
> neighborhood.

The sinking of so many American neighborhoods is sad indeed. The
neighborhood of my first high school girlfriend is now pretty scary. The
neighborhood where I walked to kindergarten and first grade had yet
another gun murder a few weeks ago. (Cops now mark the locations of
_lots_ of shell casings in roadways at shooting sites. Makes me wonder
what style guns are being used.)

A major cause seems to be middle class "flight." Folks who could afford
cars and new houses in the '50s decided to move out to cornfield
suburbs. City house prices dropped, low income folks moved in, causing
more middle class folks to flee. Low income guys get little life
guidance and become desperados.

And the suburbs were built to car-friendly specifications, with low
density and larger distances between bigger stores with huge parking
lots. Bike transportation became even more difficult, bus lines had
insufficient density and use, even sidewalks were done away with. Cars
became mandatory for most people.

As with many questions, it makes me wonder what goes on in Europe. I
haven't seen the same level of inner city rot. Why is that?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<tahfoe$1nvte$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59594&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59594

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 10:31:22 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:31 UTC

On 7/11/2022 8:39 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 5:43:40 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
>> https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident.cfm?id=29950
>>
>> I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a quiet
>> and safe neighborhood.
>
> These are now the sorts of things that even happen in Madison Wisconsin because the Democrat Government there allows it.

In fairness that is usually extremely local[1], centering
more on basic competence than ideology:

https://nypost.com/2022/07/10/boston-shows-new-yorkers-what-their-city-could-be-like/

No one would call Ms Wu or the Boston City Council
'conservative'.

See also concurrent discussion of traffic patterns and
problems for cyclists

[1] Some States have some statutes which fall between
unhelpful and pernicious.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<tahg4r$1o0dm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59596&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59596

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 10:37:58 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:37 UTC

On 7/11/2022 10:30 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 7/11/2022 8:43 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>> https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident.cfm?id=29950
>>

>> I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a
>> quiet and safe neighborhood.
>
> The sinking of so many American neighborhoods is sad indeed.
> The neighborhood of my first high school girlfriend is now
> pretty scary. The neighborhood where I walked to
> kindergarten and first grade had yet another gun murder a
> few weeks ago. (Cops now mark the locations of _lots_ of
> shell casings in roadways at shooting sites. Makes me wonder
> what style guns are being used.)
>
> A major cause seems to be middle class "flight." Folks who
> could afford cars and new houses in the '50s decided to move
> out to cornfield suburbs. City house prices dropped, low
> income folks moved in, causing more middle class folks to
> flee. Low income guys get little life guidance and become
> desperados.
>
> And the suburbs were built to car-friendly specifications,
> with low density and larger distances between bigger stores
> with huge parking lots. Bike transportation became even more
> difficult, bus lines had insufficient density and use, even
> sidewalks were done away with. Cars became mandatory for
> most people.
>
> As with many questions, it makes me wonder what goes on in
> Europe. I haven't seen the same level of inner city rot. Why
> is that?

Europe is completely different:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-16/the-othered-paris-of-the-banlieues

and yet the same.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<tahime$1o9nm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59605&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59605

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 12:21:33 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 16:21 UTC

On 7/11/2022 11:37 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 7/11/2022 10:30 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 7/11/2022 8:43 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>> https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident.cfm?id=29950
>>>

>>> I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a
>>> quiet and safe neighborhood.
>>
>> The sinking of so many American neighborhoods is sad indeed.
>> The neighborhood of my first high school girlfriend is now
>> pretty scary. The neighborhood where I walked to
>> kindergarten and first grade had yet another gun murder a
>> few weeks ago. (Cops now mark the locations of _lots_ of
>> shell casings in roadways at shooting sites. Makes me wonder
>> what style guns are being used.)
>>
>> A major cause seems to be middle class "flight." Folks who
>> could afford cars and new houses in the '50s decided to move
>> out to cornfield suburbs. City house prices dropped, low
>> income folks moved in, causing more middle class folks to
>> flee. Low income guys get little life guidance and become
>> desperados.
>>
>> And the suburbs were built to car-friendly specifications,
>> with low density and larger distances between bigger stores
>> with huge parking lots. Bike transportation became even more
>> difficult, bus lines had insufficient density and use, even
>> sidewalks were done away with. Cars became mandatory for
>> most people.
>>
>> As with many questions, it makes me wonder what goes on in
>> Europe. I haven't seen the same level of inner city rot. Why
>> is that?
>>

> Europe is completely different:
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-16/the-othered-paris-of-the-banlieues
>

> and yet the same.

It's interesting to me that the French approach, at least around Paris,
is inside-out compared to ours. That is, the slums are around the city.
The city center is wonderful.

When we did a bike tour in France, we went a little out of our way to
view a certain well known chateau. The small road approaching the
chateau was mostly lined with tall natural shrubbery, but a gap in the
shrubs was heralded by piles of garbage. Through the gap I saw a Roma
encampment, looking very messy indeed. It was far from charming.

Someone said "The poor you will always have with you."

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<440ed2f0-a3fd-4708-aeb9-a73518997e2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59607&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59607

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 10:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 17:07 UTC

On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 8:31:30 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 7/11/2022 8:39 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 5:43:40 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> >> https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident..cfm?id=29950
> >>
> >> I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a quiet
> >> and safe neighborhood.
> >
> > These are now the sorts of things that even happen in Madison Wisconsin because the Democrat Government there allows it.
> >
> In fairness that is usually extremely local[1], centering
> more on basic competence than ideology:
>
> https://nypost.com/2022/07/10/boston-shows-new-yorkers-what-their-city-could-be-like/
>
> No one would call Ms Wu or the Boston City Council
> 'conservative'.
>
> See also concurrent discussion of traffic patterns and
> problems for cyclists
>
> [1] Some States have some statutes which fall between
> unhelpful and pernicious.

Dan Bongino says that Liberals, when they gain control, turn to eating themselves. We can see that here is in San Francisco where they made the absolutely HUGE deal about closing Golden Gate Park, the location of most of the art and natural sciences museums, into a no-cars-zone. They also then turned into making streets no car zones as well. Here we are today in an extremely expensive gas period and now the Liberals on the San Francisco city counsel are arguing to eliminate the no car zones entirely.

Now none of this effects me at all because I don't ride bikes in the Park or on the no car zone streets. I think that they were stupid because the museums and the small Park lake is where older people and kids congregated. And many of these were disabled and unable to walk 5 blocks to get to the museums or the benches around the lake where RC sailboats are run all the time.. Seem like the Democrat Extremist government there is again wasting taxpayer money to reverse what they wasted tax payer money doing. It is so much nicer in Marin County where they pretend to be liberals but do not do crazy liberal things.

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<fc5ba289-8749-4480-af73-3f4eb71818b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59608&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59608

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 10:11:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 17:11 UTC

On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 8:38:07 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 7/11/2022 10:30 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 7/11/2022 8:43 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> >> https://www.cityofmadison.com/police/newsroom/incidentreports/incident.cfm?id=29950
> >>

> >> I used to date a girl on Sargent Street. It was once a
> >> quiet and safe neighborhood.
> >
> > The sinking of so many American neighborhoods is sad indeed.
> > The neighborhood of my first high school girlfriend is now
> > pretty scary. The neighborhood where I walked to
> > kindergarten and first grade had yet another gun murder a
> > few weeks ago. (Cops now mark the locations of _lots_ of
> > shell casings in roadways at shooting sites. Makes me wonder
> > what style guns are being used.)
> >
> > A major cause seems to be middle class "flight." Folks who
> > could afford cars and new houses in the '50s decided to move
> > out to cornfield suburbs. City house prices dropped, low
> > income folks moved in, causing more middle class folks to
> > flee. Low income guys get little life guidance and become
> > desperados.
> >
> > And the suburbs were built to car-friendly specifications,
> > with low density and larger distances between bigger stores
> > with huge parking lots. Bike transportation became even more
> > difficult, bus lines had insufficient density and use, even
> > sidewalks were done away with. Cars became mandatory for
> > most people.
> >
> > As with many questions, it makes me wonder what goes on in
> > Europe. I haven't seen the same level of inner city rot. Why
> > is that?
> >
> Europe is completely different:
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-16/the-othered-paris-of-the-banlieues
>
> and yet the same.

Well, too many people have been believing what Frank believes - that the USA is the worst country in the world and that every other place, especially those with gun control, are better places to live.

Re: More Bicycle Adventures

<tai5ie$1qc8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=59613&group=rec.bicycles.tech#59613

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 17:43:42 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 21:43 UTC

On 7/11/2022 1:11 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Well, too many people have been believing what Frank believes - that the USA is the worst country in the world...

Tom lacks the intellectual honesty to discuss what I've actually said.
He prefers to invent things he wishes I said.

--
- Frank Krygowski