Lack of skill dictates economy of style. -- Joey Ramone

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Conditioning

SubjectAuthor
* ConditioningTom Kunich
`- Re: Conditioningrussellseaton1@yahoo.com

1
Conditioning

<793df2be-11f4-435f-bd20-22426e9e767fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=61787&group=rec.bicycles.tech#61787

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:02:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Conditioning
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 00:02 UTC

Did another ride out to the coffee shop in Pleasanton. This distance via the route I took is about 39 miles and almost 2,000 feet of climbing. My total climbing for the year is going up again after falling some in July. Also even though I'm tired at the end of the ride, I felt a lot better. I think that my legs are recovering more rapidly. If so, I will be able to get some extra climbing in on Sunday instead of a flat recovery ride.

I am excited to get the end of the Basso build. I also have to change the handlebar to an old 26 mm aluminum bar instead of the large carbon bar. Those wide bars just make my hands sore.

Re: Conditioning

<7e8cfd98-1801-410f-8ff4-a4f60d433e63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=61828&group=rec.bicycles.tech#61828

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:37:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Conditioning
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 19:37 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 7:02:52 PM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Did another ride out to the coffee shop in Pleasanton. This distance via the route I took is about 39 miles and almost 2,000 feet of climbing. My total climbing for the year is going up again after falling some in July. Also even though I'm tired at the end of the ride, I felt a lot better. I think that my legs are recovering more rapidly. If so, I will be able to get some extra climbing in on Sunday instead of a flat recovery ride.

Tommy, some financial advice from me to you. You would not be complaining about inflation if you spent your money more properly. Do not waste it by going to fancy dandy trendy coffee shops. That is $5 flushed down the toilet. Just skip the foo foo expensive drinks. Save money. Or more precisely, spend your money where it matters. On the important things. Don't waste money. Then you would not be screaming how you are going broke and having to stand in the bread line due to inflation. Yes there is still inflation. But if you allocate your money to important items, you will still have enough money. You will just have to avoid the frivolous wasteful things. Most intelligent people learn this principle over a lifetime. Money management.

> I am excited to get the end of the Basso build. I also have to change the handlebar to an old 26 mm aluminum bar instead of the large carbon bar. Those wide bars just make my hands sore.

Tommy, are you changing handlebars due to the width, or because you foolishly think the bar diameter matters? Bar diameter, the size of the bar that goes in the clamp, comes in 25.4, 25.8, 26.0, 31.8mm. I think those are the common sizes used in the past and today. You can get a bar in any width in those diameters. Although with 25.4 it might be difficult to find the width you want today since they are sort of going out of style. Tommy, bar width is 100% independent of clamp diameter. So your rambling nonsense about old 26 mm aluminum bar and large carbon bar is meaningless.