Linux: The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion. -- Mike Coleman

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the Emitter

SubjectAuthor
* The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the EmitterPentcho Valev
`* Re: The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the Emittermitchr...@gmail.com
 `- Re: The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the EmitterLee Baldridge

1
The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the Emitter

<5e49ce1f-13b6-4628-8775-770e39cfc12en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=62744&group=sci.physics.relativity#62744

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 08:59:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the Emitter
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 15:59 UTC

Albert Einstein: "If the speed of light depends even in the least on the speed of the light source, then my whole theory of relativity, including the theory of gravitation, is wrong." https://einsteinpapers.press.princeton.edu/vol5-trans/376

The speed of light does depend on the speed of the light source, as posited by Newton's theory. Banesh Hoffmann, Einstein's collaborator, admits that, originally ("without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations"), the Michelson-Morley experiment directly proved Newton's variable speed of light and disproved the constant speed of light:

"Moreover, if light consists of particles, as Einstein had suggested in his paper submitted just thirteen weeks before this one, the second principle seems absurd: A stone thrown from a speeding train can do far more damage than one thrown from a train at rest; the speed of the particle is not independent of the motion of the object emitting it. And if we take light to consist of particles and assume that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will conform to Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as we have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether." Banesh Hoffmann, Relativity and Its Roots, p.92 https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the Emitter

<93c32431-b4a0-4242-8802-28529b3c91a1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=62746&group=sci.physics.relativity#62746

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 10:53:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 17:53 UTC

On Thursday, July 1, 2021 at 8:59:35 AM UTC-7, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> Albert Einstein: "If the speed of light depends even in the least on the speed of the light source, then my whole theory of relativity, including the theory of gravitation, is wrong." https://einsteinpapers.press.princeton.edu/vol5-trans/376
>
> The speed of light does depend on the speed of the light source, as posited by Newton's theory. Banesh Hoffmann, Einstein's collaborator, admits that, originally ("without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations"), the Michelson-Morley experiment directly proved Newton's variable speed of light and disproved the constant speed of light:
>
> "Moreover, if light consists of particles, as Einstein had suggested in his paper submitted just thirteen weeks before this one, the second principle seems absurd: A stone thrown from a speeding train can do far more damage than one thrown from a train at rest; the speed of the particle is not independent of the motion of the object emitting it. And if we take light to consist of particles and assume that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will conform to Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as we have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether." Banesh Hoffmann, Relativity and Its Roots, p.92 https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768
>
> See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev

The atom can have its own motion toward or away from
light which everywhere has its own speed...

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the Emitter

<sbl5b4$11m0$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=62750&group=sci.physics.relativity#62750

From: lee...@uucp2n.ca (Lee Baldridge)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 19:33:57 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Lee Baldridge - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 19:33 UTC

mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:

>> https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/
0486406768 See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>> Pentcho Valev
>
> The atom can have its own motion toward or away from light which
> everywhere has its own speed...

the point is that an atom cannot exceed the speed of light he is
emitting, mademoiselle.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: The Speed of Light Depends on the Speed of the Emitter