"Time is money and money can't buy you love and I love your outfit" -- T.H.U.N.D.E.R. #1

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Moser and Cinelli

SubjectAuthor
* Moser and CinelliTom Kunich
`- Re: Moser and Cinellirussellseaton1@yahoo.com

1
Moser and Cinelli

<50a476c9-32be-4fd4-af9e-809a28820f4bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63328&group=rec.bicycles.tech#63328

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 09:02:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Moser and Cinelli
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 16:02 UTC

I really was surprised at how a Cinelli XA and the correct bar had absolutely no slip with fairly mild bar tightening where as a 26 mm bar (.016 inches smaller diameter) could not be tightened enough to not move in the same stem.

I took the bike out for a 28 mile ride yesterday and it felt completely solid and unmoving. Good thing I bought stems and bars for all three steel bikes.

The Moser is almost 2 lbs lighter than the Basso but riding and climbing I cannot tell the difference. I'm sure that pro's could but I am not a pro and while each ride in the hills my climbing is coming back more and more, I could never be accused of being fast.

The older farts riding lighter bikes cannot ride within their capacity and are having heart attacks all around me. But I just chug along feeling no worse climbing than any other rider that isn't in the pro ranks or wanting to join them.

My ride yesterday started in the morning cool and I managed to get back before the heat set in. This morning is cooler despite the weather report yesterday that said it would be warmer. Tomorrow is supposed to be 10 degrees cooler than today. And Sunday 10 degrees cooler than that. I may even have to wear a long sleeve jersey.

Yesterday was also a bit strange in that it was one of the few rides that I wasn't passed by someone on a $10,000 bike. Gee, where was Flunky?

Re: Moser and Cinelli

<5a797b75-32fb-4f9f-8b7c-3afb72d640f8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63368&group=rec.bicycles.tech#63368

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 19:40:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Moser and Cinelli
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 02:40 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 11:02:26 AM UTC-5, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I really was surprised at how a Cinelli XA and the correct bar had absolutely no slip with fairly mild bar tightening where as a 26 mm bar (.016 inches smaller diameter) could not be tightened enough to not move in the same stem.

My steel Waterford takes 27.4mm seatpost. I use a special sized American Classic post. Thompson also makes a 27.4 seatpost. But there are some fools who use a 27.2mm seatpost in Waterford frames that use a 27.4mm seatpost. Fools. Fools. Fools. 0.2mm is only 0.007874 of an inch. Intelligent people, or even just average regular normal fair basic intelligent people, know to use the correctly sized part.

> I took the bike out for a 28 mile ride yesterday and it felt completely solid and unmoving. Good thing I bought stems and bars for all three steel bikes.
>
> The Moser is almost 2 lbs lighter than the Basso but riding and climbing I cannot tell the difference. I'm sure that pro's could but I am not a pro and while each ride in the hills my climbing is coming back more and more, I could never be accused of being fast.
>
> The older farts riding lighter bikes cannot ride within their capacity and are having heart attacks all around me. But I just chug along feeling no worse climbing than any other rider that isn't in the pro ranks or wanting to join them.
>
> My ride yesterday started in the morning cool and I managed to get back before the heat set in. This morning is cooler despite the weather report yesterday that said it would be warmer. Tomorrow is supposed to be 10 degrees cooler than today. And Sunday 10 degrees cooler than that. I may even have to wear a long sleeve jersey.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oakland+weather+forecast&sxsrf=ALiCzsYPsFyIULoG7ZZepQ_ccvYFW_We0w%3A1662776519222&source=hp&ei=x_QbY7-VC-Oz0PEPn_eeuAY&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAYxwC16M-mMKwVnjKmo3pbI1FKreqlH-K&oq=Oakland+weather+foreca&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIKCAAQxAIQRhCAAjIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBggAEB4QFjIICAAQHhAPEBYyBggAEB4QFjIGCAAQHhAWMgYIABAeEBY6CwgAEIAEELEDEIMBOhAIABCABBCxAxCDARBGEIACUABYowtgzhxoAHAAeACAAacEiAHsHpIBCzAuMS4zLjMuMy4xmAEAoAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

Tommy, you can't even NOT lie about the weather forecast. What reason on earth would you have to LIE about the weather forecast? Saturday and Sunday in Oakland are going to be very close to the temperatures on Friday. Minimal difference. Monday will be 5 degrees cooler. The rest of the week 8-9 degrees cooler. Lows in the mid 50s to low 60s. Normal early fall weather in the Bay area and 37 degrees North latitude.