My little brother got this fortune: nohup rm -fr /& So he did...

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

SubjectAuthor
* Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!Miloch
+- Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!mitchr...@gmail.com
+- Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finallyUetake Matsumura
+* Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!super70s
|`* Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!Miloch
| +- Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!Ross A. Finlayson
| `* Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crack-Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
|  `* Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crMiloch
|   `* Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crThomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
|    `* Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crMiloch
|     `- Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent OfficeThomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
`* Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
 `* Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!Miloch
  `- Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

1
Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<sduugk02gn3@drn.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63933&group=sci.physics.relativity#63933

From: Miloch_m...@newsguy.com (Miloch)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!
Date: 29 Jul 2021 12:11:16 -0700
 by: Miloch - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 19:11 UTC

Light spotted on other side of black hole for first time - proving Einstein
right

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/light-spotted-side-black-hole-24642243

Image of ole Albert--->
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article24642359.ece/ALTERNATES/n310p/3_Portrait-Of-Albert-Einstein.jpg

Albert Einstein's theory of relativity asserts that the gravitational pull from
black holes is so immense that it can bend magnetic fields and twist light,
making the fields act as a mirror

Astronomers have been able to look behind a black hole and see light coming from
the other side for the first time, proving Albert Einstein's theory of
relativity.

Using high-powered X-ray telescopes, the team of international researchers were
studying a supermassive black hole 800million light years away when they made
the incredible find.

During the study, which was published by Scientists from Stanford University,
astrophysicist Dan Wilkins initially spotted a series of bright flares when he
sent out X-ray "echoes" - which is common with black holes.

However, what amazed him was that additional flares then appeared that were
smaller and of different "colours" than the bright flares.

Black holes, which come in different sizes, are formed when very massive stars
collapse at the end of their life cycle.

Supermassive black holes are the largest kind, growing in mass as they devour
matter and radiation and perhaps merging with other black holes.

These phenomenally dense celestial entities are extraordinarily difficult to
observe despite their great mass because it does not allow light to escape.

This incredible find - which comes two years after the first photo of a black
hole was revealed - confirmed Albert Einstein's 1915 theory on general
relativity.

He asserted that the gravitational pull from black holes is so immense that it
can warp the fabric of space, bending light and twisting magnetic fields.

The theory predicted that because of this it should be possible to see waves of
light from the other side of a black hole because these warped fields would act
as a mirror.

Roger Blandford, a co-author of the research, published in Nature, said: "Fifty
years ago, when astrophysicists starting speculating about how the magnetic
field might behave close to a black hole, they had no idea that one day we might
have the techniques to observe this directly and see Einstein's general theory
of relativity in action."

Dan Wilkins an astrophysicist from Stanford University said: "Any light that
goes into that black hole doesn't come out, so we shouldn't be able to see
anything that's behind the black hole."

"The reason we can see that is because that black hole is warping space, bending
light and twisting magnetic fields around itself."

In 2019, an international scientific team unveiled a landmark achievement in
astrophysics - the first photo of a black hole.

Scientists said the shape of the shadow would be almost a perfect circle in
Einstein's theory of general relativity, and if it turned out that it was not,
there was something wrong with the theory.

*

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<39be8f20-a506-4eb4-b29b-ca470ebb80c6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63945&group=sci.physics.relativity#63945

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 13:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 20:51 UTC

On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 12:11:27 PM UTC-7, Miloch wrote:
> [...]
> field might behave close to a black hole, they had no idea that one day we might
> have the techniques to observe this directly and see Einstein's general theory
> of relativity in action."
>
> Dan Wilkins an astrophysicist from Stanford University said: "Any light that
> goes into that black hole doesn't come out, so we shouldn't be able to see
> anything that's behind the black hole."
>
> "The reason we can see that is because that black hole is warping space, bending
> light and twisting magnetic fields around itself."
>
> In 2019, an international scientific team unveiled a landmark achievement in
> astrophysics - the first photo of a black hole.
>
> Scientists said the shape of the shadow would be almost a perfect circle in
> Einstein's theory of general relativity, and if it turned out that it was not,
> there was something wrong with the theory.

Einstein didn't need relativity.
He offered an alternative in 1905.

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<sdv6vo$18vi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63947&group=sci.physics.relativity#63947

From: uet...@unijap2.jp (Uetake Matsumura)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally
proved!
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 21:35:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Uetake Matsumura - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 21:35 UTC

On 29.Jul.2021, Miloch wrote:

> Albert Einstein's theory of relativity asserts that the gravitational
> pull from black holes is so immense that it can bend magnetic fields and
> twist light, making the fields act as a mirror

Hilarious. All these deepen corrupt governments around the world thought
they were "elite", not *public_servants*. And now, facing depopulation
among them self, are getting *crazy*. Bring the popcorn.

Where were they a year and a half ago? Where were they 2017 buying and
trading *covid_19_test_kits*, where, where, where?? They deserve no mercy
whatsoever!!

Italie : des députés manifestent dans le parlement contre le
#PassSanitaire : viva Italia !
https://twitter.com/GilbertCollard/status/1420802177698877440

Texas Rep. Chip Roy - 'I Can't Execute My Constitutional Duty Unless I
Wear a Mask' https://www.bitchute.com/video/Ccnq5cOzLbYg/

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<super70s-FCCC72.17271729072021@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63948&group=sci.physics.relativity#63948

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 17:27:17 -0500
 by: super70s - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:27 UTC

In article <sduugk02gn3@drn.newsguy.com>,
Miloch <Miloch_member@newsguy.com> wrote:

> [...]
> magnetic field might behave close to a black hole, they had no idea that one
> day we might have the techniques to observe this directly and see Einstein's
> general theory of relativity in action."
>
> Dan Wilkins an astrophysicist from Stanford University said: "Any light that
> goes into that black hole doesn't come out, so we shouldn't be able to see
> anything that's behind the black hole."
>
> "The reason we can see that is because that black hole is warping space,
> bending light and twisting magnetic fields around itself."
>
> In 2019, an international scientific team unveiled a landmark achievement in
> astrophysics - the first photo of a black hole.
>
> Scientists said the shape of the shadow would be almost a perfect circle in
> Einstein's theory of general relativity, and if it turned out that it was
> not, there was something wrong with the theory.

"And just think of what he could have done if he hadn't dropped out of
school." - Barney Fife

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<sdvbng0po@drn.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63950&group=sci.physics.relativity#63950

From: Miloch_m...@newsguy.com (Miloch)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.tv
Date: 29 Jul 2021 15:56:48 -0700
 by: Miloch - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:56 UTC

In article <super70s-FCCC72.17271729072021@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s says...

> [...]
>> day we might have the techniques to observe this directly and see Einstein's
>> general theory of relativity in action."
>>
>> Dan Wilkins an astrophysicist from Stanford University said: "Any light that
>> goes into that black hole doesn't come out, so we shouldn't be able to see
>> anything that's behind the black hole."
>>
>> "The reason we can see that is because that black hole is warping space,
>> bending light and twisting magnetic fields around itself."
>>
>> In 2019, an international scientific team unveiled a landmark achievement in
>> astrophysics - the first photo of a black hole.
>>
>> Scientists said the shape of the shadow would be almost a perfect circle in
>> Einstein's theory of general relativity, and if it turned out that it was
>> not, there was something wrong with the theory.
>
>"And just think of what he could have done if he hadn't dropped out of

....and working at a patent office is such a dead end job! Nothing good ever
comes from it!

*

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<f30a6e0f-51a1-43d3-b49d-ae2e6a4d3e1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=63956&group=sci.physics.relativity#63956

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 19:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: ross.fin...@gmail.com (Ross A. Finlayson)
 by: Ross A. Finlayson - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 02:01 UTC

On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 3:56:59 PM UTC-7, Miloch wrote:
> [...]
> >> general theory of relativity in action."
> >>
> >> Dan Wilkins an astrophysicist from Stanford University said: "Any light that
> >> goes into that black hole doesn't come out, so we shouldn't be able to see
> >> anything that's behind the black hole."
> >>
> >> "The reason we can see that is because that black hole is warping space,
> >> bending light and twisting magnetic fields around itself."
> >>
> >> In 2019, an international scientific team unveiled a landmark achievement in
> >> astrophysics - the first photo of a black hole.
> >>
> >> Scientists said the shape of the shadow would be almost a perfect circle in
> >> Einstein's theory of general relativity, and if it turned out that it was
> >> not, there was something wrong with the theory.
> >
> >"And just think of what he could have done if he hadn't dropped out of
> >school." - Barney Fife
>
> ...and working at a patent office is such a dead end job! Nothing good ever

Think "lensing" is what you got there.

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<11816781.O9o76ZdvQC@PointedEars.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64462&group=sci.physics.relativity#64462

Followup: sci.physics.relativity
From: PointedE...@web.de (Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 20:08:51 +0200
Face: iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAADAAAAAwBAMAAAClLOS0AAAAGFBMVEXTxa4RFk5dUWANED8PFEfy7+MGBiW+n3ZNF/QuAAACaElEQVQ4jVXUwVOcMBQG8Dc7Rc4PUntdWV2uxjDpGaGeozOp1woar4jd5t/v9wLstMwsA/ntlxdCAgUc1hjTc9/JCZfGoo3wG3HdmdAWrIJRHe7GM/TmpY5VFefuVcAkkPbLIaN8rmPmjloyZxgyR3GuJ4K0AGtJ2htz8o7yqikm759fldQXaMpbDzjKAG+8v+AugVTOPO5DOjLvGtUYQwh0CPjnVMyGd+8/GfUB5nLKJDD2aLDh5HYyMDJGDwQIo2ZmZcKbowNmAdB/AzyFhrmF2MHRb0QJJfaAnwGB6orZhoykLzJtGwF/xpYxI1dswomiUj3gTuAIqCn/4C7cULwGNBtwMTk3Y4LfKB5YUaOKBKYtpplm7u0vip8tU1NWWyI/7XdcSuIDoMt6rVHMWT0DbjHPGqDqZVSa6zleLcUTcIKLoMv3ueJluALtAo9B302zPPlrtiVScRdCjXvVh3e3JpYa/jjkuC9N+LrBMlz/eAN4eQijX2EdLo6c5tGGHwLyHFtXk89dDGHwCVhG9T0S/j55AhRZgkMCmUQXJ49TnS1wnQDvw0eAh9ICeMmEFbCnPMFzjAvsWoEWEFdYEx+S0MoUZ1gT1wId8+AF3Bl2OoEu906AUHx5VLw/gXYg/x84loOah/2UYNrgiwSwGO7RfUzVBbx/kgpckumGOi6QirtD6gkLTitbnxNol47S2jVc2vsN5kPqaAHT8uUdAJM4v/DanjYOwmUjWznGfwB7sGtAtor5BgofDuzaRj4kSQAqDakTsKORa3Q3xKi3gE1fhl71KRMqrdZ2AWNNg/YOhQyrVBnb+i+nEg4bsDA+egAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
 by: Thomas 'Pointed - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:08 UTC

Miloch wrote:

> Albert Einstein's theory of relativity asserts that the gravitational pull
> from black holes is so immense that it can bend magnetic fields and twist
> light,

No, it does NOT.

Instead, according to _general_ relativity, gravity is not a force, but an
observable consequence of the curvature of spacetime corresponding to the
energy–momentum density of spacetime. And (light-like) geodesics of such a
spacetime are curved.

> making the fields act as a mirror [more nonsense]

Only people who do not know what they are talking about are babbling about
“proofs” of natural-scientific theories. Whereas those who do know also
know that such a proof cannot exist.

Einstein had not been considered a "crack-pot" (the correct spelling is
“crackpot”) for more than 115 years now as most of his work, and certainly
special and general relativity, actually *are* theories that have been
*well-confirmed* by *observational* *evidence* as they include the
*mathematics* that allows for *exact* *predictions* that are therefore
*falsifiable*.

F’up2 .relativity

PointedEars
--
«Nec fasces, nec opes, sola artis sceptra perennant.»
(“Neither high office nor power, only the scepters of science survive.”)

—Tycho Brahe, astronomer (1546-1601): inscription at Hven

Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!)

<5499769.DvuYhMxLoT@PointedEars.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64464&group=sci.physics.relativity#64464

Followup: sci.physics.relativity
From: PointedE...@web.de (Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 20:13:16 +0200
[...]
 by: Thomas 'Pointed - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:13 UTC

Miloch wrote:

> ...and working at a patent office is such a dead end job! Nothing good
> ever comes from it!

It was so trivial work that Albert Einstein delegated most of it to his best
friend Michele Besso (whom he helped to be employed there), which provided
Einstein the time to develop his theories instead whose fruits, like
properly working global navigation-and-timekeeping satellite systems, we
enjoy today.

PointedEars
--
Heisenberg is out for a drive when he's stopped by a traffic cop.
The officer asks him "Do you know how fast you were going?"

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<semmaj02h4s@drn.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64479&group=sci.physics.relativity#64479

From: Miloch_m...@newsguy.com (Miloch)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: 7 Aug 2021 12:18:43 -0700
 by: Miloch - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 19:18 UTC

In article <11816781.O9o76ZdvQC@PointedEars.de>, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
says...

>Miloch wrote:
>
>> Albert Einstein's theory of relativity asserts that the gravitational pull
>> from black holes is so immense that it can bend magnetic fields and twist
>> light,
>
>No, it does NOT.

So...who to believe...you or The Mirror? Who has the most respect in the
science community?

I'll go with the Mirror...it's English!...and you're just a crack-pot who
copies/pastes someone else's work.

*

>Instead, according to _general_ relativity, gravity is not a force, but an
>observable consequence of the curvature of spacetime corresponding to the
>energy–momentum density of spacetime. And (light-like) geodesics of such a
>spacetime are curved.
>
>> making the fields act as a mirror [more nonsense]
>
>Only people who do not know what they are talking about are babbling about
>“proofs” of natural-scientific theories. Whereas those who do know also
>know that such a proof cannot exist.
>
>Einstein had not been considered a "crack-pot" (the correct spelling is
>“crackpot”) for more than 115 years now as most of his work, and certainly
>special and general relativity, actually *are* theories that have been
>*well-confirmed* by *observational* *evidence* as they include the
>*mathematics* that allows for *exact* *predictions* that are therefore
>*falsifiable*.
>

>F’up2 .relativity
>
>PointedEars

Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!)

<semmp502i3p@drn.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64481&group=sci.physics.relativity#64481

From: Miloch_m...@newsguy.com (Miloch)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: 7 Aug 2021 12:26:29 -0700
 by: Miloch - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 19:26 UTC

In article <5499769.DvuYhMxLoT@PointedEars.de>, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
says...

>Miloch wrote:
>
>> ...and working at a patent office is such a dead end job! Nothing good
>> ever comes from it!
>
>It was so trivial work that Albert Einstein delegated most of it to his best
>friend Michele Besso (whom he helped to be employed there), which provided
>Einstein the time to develop his theories instead whose fruits, like
>properly working global navigation-and-timekeeping satellite systems, we
>enjoy today.

Ya...right!...get with the program, Lahn!..."global navigation-and-timekeeping
satellite systems" are so over-rated!...I've been using roadmaps from Shell gas
stations that I stash in the glove-compartment for years without any problems.

*

>PointedEars

Re: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!

<12838843.uLZWGnKmhe@PointedEars.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64484&group=sci.physics.relativity#64484

Followup: sci.physics.relativity
From: PointedE...@web.de (Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 21:32:28 +0200
[...]
 by: Thomas 'Pointed - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 19:32 UTC

Miloch wrote:

> In article <11816781.O9o76ZdvQC@PointedEars.de>, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
> says...
>>Miloch wrote:
>>> Albert Einstein's theory of relativity asserts that the gravitational
>>> pull from black holes is so immense that it can bend magnetic fields and
>>> twist light,
>>
>>No, it does NOT.
>
> So...who to believe...you or The Mirror?

To believe easily verifiable statements about physics made by a physics
student, or unverified statements about physics on the Web site of a tabloid
written by someone with no scientific background whatsoever.

Hmmm, that’s a tough choice indeed :-D

> Who has the most respect in the science community?

ROTFL. What are you smoking?

PointedEars
--
I heard that entropy isn't what it used to be.

(from: WolframAlpha)

Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!)

<2800606.e9J7NaK4W3@PointedEars.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64485&group=sci.physics.relativity#64485

Followup: sci.physics.relativity
From: PointedE...@web.de (Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 21:38:08 +0200
[...]
 by: Thomas 'Pointed - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 19:38 UTC

Miloch wrote:

> […] "global navigation-and-timekeeping satellite systems" are so over-
> rated!...

IBTD.

> I've been using roadmaps from Shell gas stations that I stash in the
> glove-compartment for years without any problems.

For those who seldom get out of their village where seldom anything ever
changes, “roadmaps from Shell gas stations” and grandfather clocks suffice,
of course.

Ironically, those people find nothing strange about publishing their opinion
*using the Internet* on a *computer* or *mobile device*.

Ignorance must be bliss.

PointedEars
--
Q: Where are offenders sentenced for light crimes?
A: To a prism.

(from: WolframAlpha)

Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office (was: Einstein no longer considered a crack-pot..."Relativity" finally proved!)

<semq7202pjd@drn.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64489&group=sci.physics.relativity#64489

From: Miloch_m...@newsguy.com (Miloch)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: 7 Aug 2021 13:25:06 -0700
 by: Miloch - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 20:25 UTC

In article <2800606.e9J7NaK4W3@PointedEars.de>, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
says...

>Miloch wrote:
>
>> […] "global navigation-and-timekeeping satellite systems" are so over-
>> rated!...
>
>IBTD.
>
>> I've been using roadmaps from Shell gas stations that I stash in the
>> glove-compartment for years without any problems.
>
>For those who seldom get out of their village where seldom anything ever
>changes, “roadmaps from Shell gas stations” and grandfather clocks suffice,
>of course.
>
>Ironically, those people find nothing strange about publishing their opinion
>*using the Internet* on a *computer* or *mobile device*.
>
>Ignorance must be bliss.

Conversely, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"...

*

>PointedEars

Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office

<9946150.nUPlyArG6x@PointedEars.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64490&group=sci.physics.relativity#64490

Followup: poster
From: PointedE...@web.de (Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn)
Newsgroups: alt.gossip.celebrities,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Einstein at the Swiss Patent Office
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 22:28:33 +0200
[...]
 by: Thomas 'Pointed - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 20:28 UTC

Miloch wrote:

> Conversely, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"...

Looks like you are looking in a Mirror again.

F’up2 poster

PointedEars