Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 23:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ferreira's "The Perfect Theory"
From: ross.fin...@gmail.com (Ross A. Finlayson)
 by: Ross A. Finlayson - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 06:11 UTC

I bookmarked some pages in this "The Perfect Theory"
that Pedro Ferreira wrote this page 43 and page 175.

"Einstein sat down with de Sitter and embraced the new
cosmology that was coming from his theory, proposing
his own version of an expanding universe. The two agreed
to drop the fix that Einstein had been compelled to add
to make his theory work and give him a static universe.
Out went the cosmological constant that Einstein had
added as an afterthought in 1917."

"Now, a quarter of a century later [1970s], despite being
reviled by the majority of Peeble's colleagues, the cosmological
constant was about to make a comeback. It would do so with
a vengeance."

It, uh, it ends: "It's only a matter of time before a real discovery
will shake the world of physics, verifying yet again the predictive
power of Einstein's century-old theory, or ripping it wide open."

Oh, that guy reads Stachel, hey that's a great book,
thank you that's very well put together.

Re: Ferreira's "The Perfect Theory"

<9d59096c-ae82-4a7f-b5fe-4941da7ec4b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64034&group=sci.physics.relativity#64034

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 13:36:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ferreira's "The Perfect Theory"
From: ross.fin...@gmail.com (Ross A. Finlayson)
 by: Ross A. Finlayson - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:36 UTC

On Friday, July 30, 2021 at 11:11:43 PM UTC-7, Ross A. Finlayson wrote:
> I bookmarked some pages in this "The Perfect Theory"
> that Pedro Ferreira wrote this page 43 and page 175.
>
> "Einstein sat down with de Sitter and embraced the new
> cosmology that was coming from his theory, proposing
> his own version of an expanding universe. The two agreed
> to drop the fix that Einstein had been compelled to add
> to make his theory work and give him a static universe.
> Out went the cosmological constant that Einstein had
> added as an afterthought in 1917."
>
> "Now, a quarter of a century later [1970s], despite being
> reviled by the majority of Peeble's colleagues, the cosmological
> constant was about to make a comeback. It would do so with
> a vengeance."
>
> It, uh, it ends: "It's only a matter of time before a real discovery
> will shake the world of physics, verifying yet again the predictive
> power of Einstein's century-old theory, or ripping it wide open."
>

> Oh, that guy reads Stachel, hey that's a great book,
> thank you that's very well put together.

Gravitational waves are large and in theories with
the speed of gravity and the speed of light they go
at the speed of gravity and the speed of light.