C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas l'Informatique. -- Bosquet [on seeing the IBM 4341]

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner

SubjectAuthor
* Revolution in Physics: Just around the CornerPentcho Valev
`* Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the CornerPentcho Valev
 `* Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the CornerOdd Bodkin
  `* Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the CornerJanPB
   `- Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the CornerAthel Cornish-Bowden

1
Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner

<c2a61d65-c415-4540-aa83-e2bb7b53416dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64214&group=sci.physics.relativity#64214

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 18:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 01:26 UTC

"Was Einstein wrong? The idea of a variable speed of light, championed by an angry young scientist, could one day topple Einstein's theory of relativity. Einstein's famous equation E=mc^2 is the only scientific formula known to just about everyone. The "c" here stands for the speed of light. It is one of the most fundamental of the basic constants of physics. Or is it? In recent years a few maverick scientists have claimed that the speed of light might not be constant at all. Shock, horror! Does this mean the next Great Revolution in Science is just around the corner?" http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/waseinsteinwrong/

Joao Magueijo, Niayesh Afshordi, Stephon Alexander: "So we have broken fundamentally this Lorentz invariance which equates space and time [...] It's the other postulate of relativity, that of constancy of c, that has to give way..." https://youtu.be/kbHBBtsrU1g?t=1431

If the speed of light is assumed constant (Einstein's physics), the formula

(frequency) = (speed of light)/(wavelength)

has absurd corollaries. In contrast, the formula has revolutionary corollaries if THE WAVELENGTH OF LIGHT IS ASSUMED CONSTANT (future, Einstein-free physics):

Corollary 1: Any frequency shift entails (is caused by) a proportional speed-of-light shift.

Corollary 2: If the emitter and the observer (receiver) travel towards each other with relative speed v, the speed of light as measured by the observer is c' = c+v, as per Newton's theory.

Corollary 3: Spacetime and gravitational waves (ripples in spacetime) don't exist. LIGO's "discoveries" are fake.

Corollary 4: Light falls in a gravitational field with the same acceleration as ordinary falling bodies - near Earth's surface the accelerations of falling photons is g = 9.8 m/s^2. Accordingly, there is no gravitational time dilation: Einstein's general relativity is absurd.

Corollary 5: The Hubble redshift is due to light slowing down as it travels through vacuum. The universe is not expanding.

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner

<2862f332-7e5f-41b1-9c3e-b455ce1dcd09n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64238&group=sci.physics.relativity#64238

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 08:06:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 15:06 UTC

Richard Feynman: "I want to emphasize that light comes in this form - particles. It is very important to know that light behaves like particles, especially for those of you who have gone to school, where you probably learned something about light behaving like waves. I'm telling you the way it does behave - like particles. You might say that it's just the photomultiplier that detects light as particles, but no, every instrument that has been designed to be sensitive enough to detect weak light has always ended up discovering the same thing: light is made of particles." https://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Theory-Light-Matter/dp/0691024170

In this text Richard Feynman unwittingly suggests:

1. The speed of light varies as per Newton.

2. Variable wavelength of light (https://youtube.com/watch?v=xsVxC_NR64M) is an unrealistic wave-based concept. (In future, Einstein-free physics, the wavelength of light will be CONSTANT for a given emitter.)

Albert Einstein: "I introduced the principle of the constancy of the velocity of light, which I borrowed from H. A. Lorentz's theory of the stationary luminiferous ether." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory

Borrowed it from the nonexistent ether! And "resisted the temptation" to stick to truth:

Banesh Hoffmann, Relativity and Its Roots, p.92: "Moreover, if light consists of particles, as Einstein had suggested in his paper submitted just thirteen weeks before this one, the second principle seems absurd: A stone thrown from a speeding train can do far more damage than one thrown from a train at rest; the speed of the particle is not independent of the motion of the object emitting it. And if we take light to consist of particles and assume that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will conform to Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as we have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether. If it was so obvious, though, why did he need to state it as a principle? Because, having taken from the idea of light waves in the ether the one aspect that he needed, he declared early in his paper, to quote his own words, that "the introduction of a 'luminiferous ether' will prove to be superfluous." https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768

More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner

<seeb6n$p4m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64239&group=sci.physics.relativity#64239

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 15:19:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 15:19 UTC

Pentcho Valev <pvalev@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Richard Feynman: "I want to emphasize that light comes in this form -
> particles. It is very important to know that light behaves like
> particles, especially for those of you who have gone to school, where you
> probably learned something about light behaving like waves. I'm telling
> you the way it does behave - like particles. You might say that it's just
> the photomultiplier that detects light as particles, but no, every
> instrument that has been designed to be sensitive enough to detect weak
> light has always ended up discovering the same thing: light is made of
> particles." https://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Theory-Light-Matter/dp/0691024170
>
> In this text Richard Feynman unwittingly suggests:
>
> 1. The speed of light varies as per Newton.

This is what happens when you read a sound-bite and don’t bother to read
any of the rest to see if your mental extrapolation has gone wild.

Chapter 3 of the same book explains why the speed of light is c when it
travels over any long distance, and this number does not vary with
reference frame.

Of course, you can insist on sound-bite propaganda-spinning. Alternatively,
you can say that Feynman then is speaking with a forked tongue and cannot
possibly mean both things at the same time — in which case, you citing
Feynman as support for your view is now hopelessly bereft.

> 2. Variable wavelength of light (https://youtube.com/watch?v=xsVxC_NR64M)
> is an unrealistic wave-based concept. (In future, Einstein-free physics,
> the wavelength of light will be CONSTANT for a given emitter.)
>
> Albert Einstein: "I introduced the principle of the constancy of the
> velocity of light, which I borrowed from H. A. Lorentz's theory of the
> stationary luminiferous ether." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory
>
> Borrowed it from the nonexistent ether! And "resisted the temptation" to stick to truth:
>
> Banesh Hoffmann, Relativity and Its Roots, p.92: "Moreover, if light
> consists of particles, as Einstein had suggested in his paper submitted
> just thirteen weeks before this one, the second principle seems absurd: A
> stone thrown from a speeding train can do far more damage than one thrown
> from a train at rest; the speed of the particle is not independent of the
> motion of the object emitting it. And if we take light to consist of
> particles and assume that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will
> conform to Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the
> null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to
> contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as we
> have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null
> result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian
> ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or
> less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether. If it was so
> obvious, though, why did he need to state it as a principle? Because,
> having taken from the idea of light waves in the ether the one aspect
> that he needed, he declared early in his paper, to quote his own words,
> that "the introduction of a 'luminiferous ether' will prove to be
> superfluous." https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768
>
> More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev

Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner

<cf010003-9bd0-430e-9f68-6480a997130bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64285&group=sci.physics.relativity#64285

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 17:33:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 00:33 UTC

On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 8:19:57 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null
> > result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian
> > ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or
> > less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether. If it was so
> > obvious, though, why did he need to state it as a principle? Because,
> > having taken from the idea of light waves in the ether the one aspect
> > that he needed, he declared early in his paper, to quote his own words,
> > that "the introduction of a 'luminiferous ether' will prove to be
> > superfluous." https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768
> >
> > More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
> >
> > Pentcho Valev
> >
> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Pentcho's brain has been broken by a monomania years ago. None of his claims are worth looking at.
Those which happen to be correct, are just trivial observations. The rest is non-sequiturs and
intellectual garbage.

--
Jan

Re: Revolution in Physics: Just around the Corner

<in1kkuFa3anU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64295&group=sci.physics.relativity#64295

From: acorn...@imm.cnrs.fr (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 10:09:01 +0200
 by: Athel Cornish-Bowden - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 08:09 UTC

On 2021-08-05 00:33:58 +0000, JanPB said:

> [...]
>>> we> > have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the
>>> null> > result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar
>>> Newtonian> > ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something
>>> that was more or> > less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in
>>> an ether. If it was so> > obvious, though, why did he need to state it
>>> as a principle? Because,> > having taken from the idea of light waves
>>> in the ether the one aspect> > that he needed, he declared early in his
>>> paper, to quote his own words,> > that "the introduction of a
>>> 'luminiferous ether' will prove to be> > superfluous."
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768>
>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
>
> Pentcho's brain has been broken by a monomania years ago.

Dimania! He still occasionally come back to his obsessive belief that
the second law of thermodynamics is false.

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.