Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 18:33:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Look Keo pedals
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 01:33 UTC

I've been using Look Keo Tour De France pedals for several years now. I still have several sets around since I took them off the bikes I was selling and would put a set of Look Delta pedals on in place. Everyone that buys the sort of bike I ride has their own favorite pedals anyway and it appears that no one uses Look Keo.

The Colnago CLX3.0 I sold had a set of Keo Blades on. These were pretty good pedals.

The first thing that man did getting home was replace the pedals and now they're sitting on craigslist. For more than I just bought a new set of Tour de France pedals for.

Now, while I do wear out the cleats over time, I haven't worn out any of the pedals. So does anyone know why they have Keo 1 and 2 Max pedals which has a metal step plate on them? If anyone can wear out anything it's me. So I'm not sure why they would increase the weight of the pedal to give these things a life span beyond the change in technology.

Is there some sort of improvement of these Keo 2 Max pedals that I'm not aware of? I got a set off of Ebay to color match my Basso and I can't tell any difference.