Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 13:13:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: mitigation vs suppression strategy Covid19
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 20:13 UTC

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 3:42:08 PM UTC-7, bloggs.fred...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 7:26:39 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:38:52 -0700 (PDT),
> > bloggs.fred...@gmail.com wrote:

> > >There're only a few things that can kill off the entire human race: a massive high speed asteroid strike, a cataclysmic mantle eruption, and global warming, to name a few. The bio stuff doesn't come close.
> >
> > We have, must have, enough genetic diversity that no single pathogen
> > can kill all of us. Species without that diversity are extinct.
>
> WE do in fact have that diversity, and nothing nature throws at us can kill off the human race.

The neanderthals had diversity, as did the dinosaurs. It didn't save them, nor will
it save us, as individuals. The real human advantage is intelligence (vaccines, organized medicine,
and even political organization).

Re: mitigation vs suppression strategy Covid19

<s9gpj2$j94$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64543&group=sci.electronics.design#64543

From: blockedo...@foo.invalid (Don Y)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:16:07 -0700
 by: Don Y - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 21:16 UTC

On 6/5/2021 1:13 PM, whit3rd wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 3:42:08 PM UTC-7, bloggs.fred...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 7:26:39 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> We have, must have, enough genetic diversity that no single pathogen
>>> can kill all of us. Species without that diversity are extinct.
>>
>> WE do in fact have that diversity, and nothing nature throws at us can kill off the human race.
>
> The neanderthals had diversity, as did the dinosaurs. It didn't save them, nor will
> it save us, as individuals. The real human advantage is intelligence (vaccines, organized medicine,
> and even political organization).

Anything that can threaten the air or water or food supplies will effectively
do the job of the most universal, virulent pathogen.

"How long can you tread water?"