From Sharp minds come... pointed heads. -- Bryan Sparrowhawk

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

SubjectAuthor
* Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Richard Hertz
+- Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Richard Hertz
+* Cretin Richard Hertz tries to learn physics vicariouslyDono.
|`* Re: Cretin Richard Hertz tries to learn physics vicariouslyRichard Hertz
| `- Re: Cretin Richard Hertz tries to learn physics vicariouslyDono.
+* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Sylvia Else
|`* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Richard Hertz
| `* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Sylvia Else
|  `* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Richard Hertz
|   `* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Sylvia Else
|    `* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Richard Hertz
|     `* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Sylvia Else
|      `* Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.Richard Hertz
|       `- Re: Thought experiment of SR, the speed of light and time dilation.rotchm
`* Cretinoid Richard Hertz struggles with basic conceptsDono.
 `* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz struggles with basic conceptsRichard Hertz
  +- Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz struggles with basic conceptsDono.
  +- Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz struggles with basic conceptsDono.
  `* Re: Cretinoid Dono suffers badly when you drop salt on IT.Richard Hertz
   `* Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownDono.
    `* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownRichard Hertz
     +* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownDono.
     |`- Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownDono.
     +* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownrotchm
     |`* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownRichard Hertz
     | +* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownDono.
     | |`* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownRichard Hertz
     | | +* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownDono.
     | | |`* Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownRichard Hertz
     | | | `- Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownDono.
     | | `- Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownOdd Bodkin
     | `- Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownrotchm
     `- Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdownOdd Bodkin

Pages:12
Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<17d748e2-449c-434a-8aa3-d3584d91fc8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64556&group=sci.physics.relativity#64556

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 14:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 21:59 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 10:32:55 PM UTC-3, rotchm wrote:

<snip>

> This is a misconception, due to "popular descriptions" or sloppy wordings..
> SR does not apply in grav.fields (it can, if we make extra assumptions/aproximations). SR makes no predictions;does not apply.
> GR applies & makes a prediction: 38 microsec/day. And that is all.
>
> The "45-7=38" come from noting that 45 - 7 = 38. WoW!
> One could have said 40 - 2 or 1 + 36.
> No matter how one chooses to write the value, GR predicts 38.
>
> (Well, there is a reason why it is often said "45-7=38". Can you explain this reason?)

Richard W. Pogge
Updated: 2017 March 11

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast162/Unit5/gps.html

Excerpt:
To achieve this level of precision, the clock ticks from the GPS satellites must be known to an accuracy of 20-30 nanoseconds. However, because the satellites are constantly moving relative to observers on the Earth, effects predicted by the Special and General theories of Relativity must be taken into account to achieve the desired 20-30 nanosecond accuracy.

Because an observer on the ground sees the satellites in motion relative to them, Special Relativity predicts that we should see their clocks ticking more slowly (see the Special Relativity lecture). Special Relativity predicts that the on-board atomic clocks on the satellites should fall behind clocks on the ground by about 7 microseconds per day because of the slower ticking rate due to the time dilation effect of their relative motion [2].

Further, the satellites are in orbits high above the Earth, where the curvature of spacetime due to the Earth's mass is less than it is at the Earth's surface. A prediction of General Relativity is that clocks closer to a massive object will seem to tick more slowly than those located further away (see the Black Holes lecture). As such, when viewed from the surface of the Earth, the clocks on the satellites appear to be ticking faster than identical clocks on the ground. A calculation using General Relativity predicts that the clocks in each GPS satellite should get ahead of ground-based clocks by 45 microseconds per day.

The combination of these two relativitic effects means that the clocks on-board each satellite should tick faster than identical clocks on the ground by about 38 microseconds per day (45-7=38)! This sounds small, but the high-precision required of the GPS system requires nanosecond accuracy, and 38 microseconds is 38,000 nanoseconds. If these effects were not properly taken into account, a navigational fix based on the GPS constellation would be false after only 2 minutes, and errors in global positions would continue to accumulate at a rate of about 10 kilometers each day! The whole system would be utterly worthless for navigation in a very short time.

Oh! man, this physicist from Ohio University is a cranck, according to you all!

He surely was fired immediately for his pro-relativity position and for daring to use the fallacious 45-7=38 equation!
He's not a scientist because he dared to contradict members of this forum, even when he is a relativist (a failed one?).

And this, from Norway? Well, norwegians didn't grasp relativity entirely, as it's well known.

https://www.narom.no/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/General-Relativity-and-GPS-student-booklet.pdf

Excerpt:
However, in a relativistic world, things are not so simple. The satellite clocks are moving at 14000 km/h in orbits that circle the Earth twice per day, much faster than clocks on the surface of the Earth, and Einstein's theory of special relativity says that rapidly moving clocks tick more slowly, in this case by about seven microseconds (millionths of a second) per day.In addition, the orbiting clocks are 20000km above the Earth, and experience gravity that is four times weaker than that on the ground. Einstein's general relativity theory says that gravity curves space and time, resulting in a tendency for the orbiting clocks to tick slightly faster, by about 45 microseconds per day. The net result is that time on a GPS satellite clock advances faster than a clock on the ground by about 38 microseconds per day.

And there is plenty of the shitty 45-7=38 in academic sites in the western world.

Always academic sites. Never in ANY technical site (NASA, etc.) or publications like this detailed book about GPS
and his evolution from previous systems since late '60s.

Global Positioning System:
Volume 1
Theory and Applications

Edited by
Bradford W. Parkinson
Stanford University, Stanford, California

James J. Spilker Jr.
Stanford Telecom, Sunnyvale, California

Associated Editors:

Penina Axelrad
University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado

Per Enge
Stanford University, Stanford, California

Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<1b482733-7f7b-4a77-8c1f-5466210e8712n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64565&group=sci.physics.relativity#64565

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 20:14:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 03:14 UTC

> Always academic sites. Never in ANY technical site (NASA, etc.) or publications like this detailed book about GPS
> and his evolution from previous systems since late '60s.
Eat shit, lying cunt: https://nasa.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<fcb65723-806c-42ab-9000-4716d82451f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64568&group=sci.physics.relativity#64568

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 21:23:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 04:23 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:14:16 AM UTC-3, Dono. wrote:
> > Always academic sites. Never in ANY technical site (NASA, etc.) or publications like this detailed book about GPS
> > and his evolution from previous systems since late '60s.
> Eat shit, lying cunt: https://nasa.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

The authors want to preserve their jobs. It is this or bending over (most of the time, both).

Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<17215add-2239-4086-9d29-5a03d3f4e605n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64572&group=sci.physics.relativity#64572

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 22:02:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 05:02 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 9:23:14 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:14:16 AM UTC-3, Dono. wrote:
> > > Always academic sites. Never in ANY technical site (NASA, etc.) or publications like this detailed book about GPS
> > > and his evolution from previous systems since late '60s.
> > Eat shit, lying cunt: https://nasa.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Positioning_System
> The authors want to preserve their jobs. It is this or bending over (most of the time, both).

I exposed you (once again) as a pathological liar. You claimed that NASA doesn't have anything on GPS, I got you to eat shit. Again. Every time you open your kapo mouth, I will fill it with shit.

Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<d13ae440-d137-441e-abfe-1bb2431de970n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64573&group=sci.physics.relativity#64573

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 22:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 05:09 UTC

On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 2:02:04 AM UTC-3, Dono. wrote:
> > > Eat shit, lying cunt: https://nasa.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Positioning_System
> > The authors want to preserve their jobs. It is this or bending over (most of the time, both).
> I exposed you (once again) as a pathological liar. You claimed that NASA doesn't have anything on GPS, I got you to eat shit. Again. Every time you open your kapo mouth, I will fill it with shit.

I didn't claim that, fucking retarded! I wrote that sites like NASA and ESA are more devoted to present technical descriptions instead of theories. After all, they are sites devoted to technological achievements (real things), not theoretical physics.

But as a compulsive liar and deceiver as you are, you have to twist words or meaning of paragraphs.

You are such a POS that you even repost other people's comment changing the wording according to your filthy convenience.

And you have been this for years, despicable slug!

Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<55490c6f-55c9-45f5-9d23-5db2601a652dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64582&group=sci.physics.relativity#64582

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 05:25:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: rot...@gmail.com (rotchm)
 by: rotchm - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:25 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 5:59:06 PM UTC-4, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 10:32:55 PM UTC-3, rotchm wrote:

> > (Well, there is a reason why it is often said "45-7=38". Can you explain this reason?)
>
> Richard W. Pogge
> Updated: 2017 March 11
> http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast162/Unit5/gps.html

> Special Relativity predicts that the on-board atomic clocks on the satellites should fall behind clocks
> on the ground by about 7 microseconds per day because of the slower ...

And irrelevant. since GR predicts this "slowing" of 7 microsecs (mcs) too.
GR predicts a "delay" of 7 mcs due to "speeds". Do you agree ?

> A calculation using General Relativity predicts that the clocks in each GPS satellite should get ahead of ground-based
> clocks by 45 microseconds per day.

GR predicts +45 mcs due to grav effects.
What does SR predict here? Nada/does not apply.

IOW, **applying GR solely**, it predicts +45 - 7 = + 38.
Agreed?

Hence, no SR required.
And since SR does not predict the +45, SR is useless here; GR is all that is/was required. Agree?

> Oh! man, this physicist from Ohio University is a cranck, according to you all!

Is sloppy & "popularizing".

> And there is plenty of the shitty 45-7=38 in academic sites in the western world.

Yes there are plenty. But do you understand why they say that? Do you understand why that technically it is somewhat misguiding?

Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<ser8h7$7uu$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64591&group=sci.physics.relativity#64591

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:53:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:53 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 12:14:16 AM UTC-3, Dono. wrote:
>>> Always academic sites. Never in ANY technical site (NASA, etc.) or
>>> publications like this detailed book about GPS
>>> and his evolution from previous systems since late '60s.
>> Eat shit, lying cunt: https://nasa.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Positioning_System
>
> The authors want to preserve their jobs. It is this or bending over (most
> of the time, both).

Ah, the wonderful mind of a conspiracy nut:

“Of COURSE there’s no evidence of the conspiracy. They covered it up! The
lack of evidence is the PROOF of the conspiracy.”

“I have reasoned out the truth. Any counterevidence to my conclusions is
clearly the result of persistent and pervasive efforts to obscure the
truth.”

“I’m the only one who perceives reality because I’m outside the system.
Everyone inside the system is bent on distorting reality for those outside
the system, to keep out outsiders.”

Re: Cretinoid Richard Hertz suffers a meltdown

<65626d3b-7dea-4c25-ab72-d7cc1804d0a3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64600&group=sci.physics.relativity#64600

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 07:47:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 14:47 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 10:09:59 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 2:02:04 AM UTC-3, Dono. wrote:
> > > The authors want to preserve their jobs. It is this or bending over (most of the time, both).
> > I exposed you (once again) as a pathological liar. You claimed that NASA doesn't have anything on GPS, I got you to eat shit. Again. Every time you open your kapo mouth, I will fill it with shit.
> I didn't claim that. I wrote that sites like NASA and ESA are more devoted to present technical descriptions instead of theories. After all, they are sites devoted to technological achievements (real things), not theoretical physics.

You are lying, Richard Hertz.. Again. Google kept the record. Swallow another ladle of shit, stinking kapo.