"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -- Mark Twain

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

SubjectAuthor
* Excellent SMD Rework StationSteve Wilson
+- Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationClifford Heath
|`* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationRalph Mowery
| `- Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationSpehro Pefhany
+* Re: Excellent SMD Rework Stationlegg
|`* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationSteve Wilson
| `* Re: Excellent SMD Rework Stationlegg
|  +- Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationRalph Mowery
|  `* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationPhil Hobbs
|   `* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationLasse Langwadt Christensen
|    `* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationSteve Wilson
|     `- Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationClifford Heath
+- Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationAnass Luca
+- Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationFlyguy
+- NLA - was Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationJohn Robertson
`* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationJohann Klammer
 `* Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationSteve Wilson
  `- Re: Excellent SMD Rework StationJohn S

1
Excellent SMD Rework Station

<XnsAD422335CC11idtokenpost@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64747&group=sci.electronics.design#64747

From: spa...@not.com (Steve Wilson)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Excellent SMD Rework Station
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:27:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Steve Wilson - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:27 UTC

Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99

This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
same unit just rebranded.

Here is the Amazon Canada link:

https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<s9kj7j$okt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64748&group=sci.electronics.design#64748

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:52:19 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:52 UTC

Steve Wilson <spamme@not.com> wrote in

> Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt,
> digital temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan,
> automatic shutdown as soon as you put the air gun in the holder,
> CAD $49.99
>
> This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
> concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to
> suit the job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a
> large area to a uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and
> straightening plastic tubing that was curled up. I am very pleased
> with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong. There are other
> similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the same
> unit just rebranded.
>
> Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B0
> 87P9C5L8/

I liked the one I used once that heated the pcb from the underside as
well, offsetting the jump to reflow on the target device.

You can also preheat the entire assembly to 60 or 80 C and that
also offsets the jump required. Such steps reduce the thermal
failures such events can (and do) cause.

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<168645052df646f8$1$1356503$70dd7a6b@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64753&group=sci.electronics.design#64753

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: no.s...@please.net (Clifford Heath)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 20:10:03 +1000
 by: Clifford Heath - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:10 UTC

On 7/6/21 5:27 pm, Steve Wilson wrote:
> Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
> temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
> soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>
> This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
> concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
> job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
> uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
> was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
> There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
> same unit just rebranded.
>
> Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/

Confirm, they're good. I have the same thing cheaper from Aliexpress

<https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042281602.html>

CH

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<fo7sbg1dl8da035q2memecip3v65m3vmmm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64766&group=sci.electronics.design#64766

From: leg...@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 09:29:19 -0400
 by: legg - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 13:29 UTC

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:27:41 -0000 (UTC), Steve Wilson <spamme@not.com>
wrote:

>Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
>temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
>soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>
>This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
>concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
>job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
>uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
>was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
>There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
>same unit just rebranded.
>
>Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>
>https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/

Does the front panel switch actually switch the mains?

RL

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<MPG.3b27ed9d42a486099897e2@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64776&group=sci.electronics.design#64776

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 09:47:59 -0400
 by: Ralph Mowery - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 13:47 UTC

In article <168645052df646f8$1$1356503$70dd7a6b@news.thecubenet.com>,
no.spam@please.net says...
> > Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
> > temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
> > soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
> >
> > This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
> > concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
> > job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
> > uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
> > was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
> > There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
> > same unit just rebranded.
> >
> > Here is the Amazon Canada link:
> >
> > https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/
>
> Confirm, they're good. I have the same thing cheaper from Aliexpress
>
> <https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042281602.html>

I would spend a little more and get the station that has the soldering
iron with it. While I doubt they would hold up under lots of work, for
ocasonial use they work fine. I have had one for a good number of
years and it is fine for my hobby work.
All of them seem to use the same hot air wand and soldring pencil.

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<XnsAD4276365AB1Eidtokenpost@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64797&group=sci.electronics.design#64797

From: spa...@not.com (Steve Wilson)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:37:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Steve Wilson - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:37 UTC

legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:27:41 -0000 (UTC), Steve Wilson <spamme@not.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
>>temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic
>>shutdown as soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>>
>>This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
>>concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit
>>the job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to
>>a uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic
>>tubing that was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you
>>can't go wrong. There are other similar units for a much higher price
>>that seem to be the same unit just rebranded.
>>
>>Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>>
>>https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5
>>L8/

> Does the front panel switch actually switch the mains?
> RL

I think so. The display dims and shuts off, and the fan stops. There seems
to be a constant stream of air from the heater after turning off, but this
may be due to residual heat. The unit remembers the last temperature
setting and restores it on power on. The temperature is adjustable in 1
degree F increments. It heats up really fast, within seconds.

It is worth noting the back panel has a label stating the power draw is 100
Watts, but this does not agree with the specification or the large amount
of hot air available from the unit. There is a subminiature fuse on the
rear panel that is labeled 5A 250V, which might mean it can supply 600
Watts before blowing.

The unit uses zero-voltage switching, which puts less strain on the fuse.
This is unlike the random switching used on microwave ovens, which puts a
large strain on the fuse so it eventually blows by itself.

I don't know what you would do if the fuse ever blew. It is very small and
I have never seen one that small before. The holder has a small cup that
the fuse fits into, so you can't simply bridge the fuse with a small piece
of fine wire. It might be a useful precaution to order spare fuses from the
manufacturer.

I should mention the automatic shutoff may have stopped working on my unit.
I don't know if it has really failed, or I just didn't give it enough time
to sense the air gun was in the holder. In any case, it does't matter. The
unit heats up so rapidly it is a simple matter to turn the power off when I
am finished using it. This may actually be the better method when you are
working in time and temperature-critical applications.

I am very pleased with the unit. It is invaluable when you need a lot of
heat fast in a small area.

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<oqjsbg5tdojc33icb77se021lf3ii862hc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64801&group=sci.electronics.design#64801

From: leg...@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 12:59:03 -0400
 by: legg - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 16:59 UTC

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:37:14 -0000 (UTC), Steve Wilson <spamme@not.com>
wrote:

>legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:27:41 -0000 (UTC), Steve Wilson <spamme@not.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
>>>temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic
>>>shutdown as soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>>>
>>>This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
>>>concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit
>>>the job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to
>>>a uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic
>>>tubing that was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you
>>>can't go wrong. There are other similar units for a much higher price
>>>that seem to be the same unit just rebranded.
>>>
>>>Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>>>
>>>https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5
>>>L8/
>
>> Does the front panel switch actually switch the mains?
>
>> RL
>
>I think so. The display dims and shuts off, and the fan stops. There seems
>to be a constant stream of air from the heater after turning off, but this
>may be due to residual heat. The unit remembers the last temperature
>setting and restores it on power on. The temperature is adjustable in 1
>degree F increments. It heats up really fast, within seconds.

Sounds like a soft turn-off, rather than in the line.

I've had such an arrangement melt its trandformer bobbin isolation
before blowing any fuses.

It's normal for the fan to keep running after the gun is returned
to its holder, but doing so after being turned off is sign of
a live circuit.

RL

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<s9lmck$ls0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64802&group=sci.electronics.design#64802

From: AL...@invalid.invalid (Anass Luca)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 17:52:20 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Anass Luca - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 17:52 UTC

Steve Wilson <spamme@not.com> wrote:
> Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/

And... Appears to be a "made in china" item as well. :(

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<MPG.3b28354a373c4a739897e3@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64805&group=sci.electronics.design#64805

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 14:53:48 -0400
 by: Ralph Mowery - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 18:53 UTC

In article <oqjsbg5tdojc33icb77se021lf3ii862hc@4ax.com>,
legg@nospam.magma.ca says...
> > Does the front panel switch actually switch the mains?
> >
> >> RL
> >
> >I think so. The display dims and shuts off, and the fan stops. There seems
> >to be a constant stream of air from the heater after turning off, but this
> >may be due to residual heat. The unit remembers the last temperature
> >setting and restores it on power on. The temperature is adjustable in 1
> >degree F increments. It heats up really fast, within seconds.
>
> Sounds like a soft turn-off, rather than in the line.
>
> I've had such an arrangement melt its trandformer bobbin isolation
> before blowing any fuses.
>
> It's normal for the fan to keep running after the gun is returned
> to its holder, but doing so after being turned off is sign of
> a live circuit.

I don't know about that model but the China one I have cuts off the
heater but lets the fan run for a while agter placing the wand in the
holder. When it gets to about 100 deg C the fan cuts off. When you pick
it up the fan and heater comes on and shortly it is back up to
temperature. Mine has a switch on the front for the air wand and one
for the soldering iron. There is one on the back that cuts off all the
power to the unit.

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<5ef55843-d2a5-ac07-bc56-5ea8e1e3bea4@electrooptical.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64809&group=sci.electronics.design#64809

From: pcdhSpam...@electrooptical.net (Phil Hobbs)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:16:49 -0400
 by: Phil Hobbs - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 19:16 UTC

legg wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:37:14 -0000 (UTC), Steve Wilson <spamme@not.com>
> wrote:
>
>> legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

>>> Does the front panel switch actually switch the mains?
>>
>>> RL
>>
>> I think so. The display dims and shuts off, and the fan stops. There seems
>> to be a constant stream of air from the heater after turning off, but this
>> may be due to residual heat. The unit remembers the last temperature
>> setting and restores it on power on. The temperature is adjustable in 1
>> degree F increments. It heats up really fast, within seconds.
>
> Sounds like a soft turn-off, rather than in the line.
>
> I've had such an arrangement melt its trandformer bobbin isolation
> before blowing any fuses.
>
> It's normal for the fan to keep running after the gun is returned
> to its holder, but doing so after being turned off is sign of
> a live circuit.
>
> RL

Yup. We keep ours unplugged when not in use, and switch off all the
power bars when there's nobody in the lab.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<6e20a478-cb7a-4f97-8263-d68724ddca42n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64812&group=sci.electronics.design#64812

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 12:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: langw...@fonz.dk (Lasse Langwadt Christensen)
 by: Lasse Langwadt Chris - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 19:34 UTC

mandag den 7. juni 2021 kl. 21.16.55 UTC+2 skrev Phil Hobbs:
> legg wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:37:14 -0000 (UTC), Steve Wilson <spa...@not.com>
> > wrote:

> >> I think so. The display dims and shuts off, and the fan stops. There seems
> >> to be a constant stream of air from the heater after turning off, but this
> >> may be due to residual heat. The unit remembers the last temperature
> >> setting and restores it on power on. The temperature is adjustable in 1
> >> degree F increments. It heats up really fast, within seconds.
> >
> > Sounds like a soft turn-off, rather than in the line.
> >
> > I've had such an arrangement melt its trandformer bobbin isolation
> > before blowing any fuses.
> >
> > It's normal for the fan to keep running after the gun is returned
> > to its holder, but doing so after being turned off is sign of
> > a live circuit.
> >
> > RL
> >
> Yup. We keep ours unplugged when not in use, and switch off all the
> power bars when there's nobody in the lab.

the one I have and others I have seen the toggle switch is a hard off,
removing the gun from the holder starts the heating, placing the gun back in
the holder does a cool down and goes to "off" with ---- in the display when it gets below ~100'C

a master off for the whole workbench is a good idea anyways

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<XnsAD42CADF85859idtokenpost@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64824&group=sci.electronics.design#64824

From: spa...@not.com (Steve Wilson)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 23:56:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Steve Wilson - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 23:56 UTC

Lasse Langwadt Christensen <langwadt@fonz.dk> wrote:

[...]

> the one I have and others I have seen the toggle switch is a hard off,
> removing the gun from the holder starts the heating, placing the gun
> back in the holder does a cool down and goes to "off" with ---- in the
> display when it gets below ~100'C

That's what mine does. The fact it seems to have stopped working is a good
excuse to take it apart and find out how it works.
> a master off for the whole workbench is a good idea anyways

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<91afbd22-3cfb-47fa-b916-2efd504975fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64829&group=sci.electronics.design#64829

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 18:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 01:47 UTC

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 12:27:46 AM UTC-7, Steve Wilson wrote:
> Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
> temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
> soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>
> This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
> concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
> job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
> uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
> was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
> There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
> same unit just rebranded.
>
> Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/
>

> --
> The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw
Sounds like another fake product promo to me.

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<1686783ac03f1c24$1$1214883$24dd2e6e@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64830&group=sci.electronics.design#64830

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: no.s...@please.net (Clifford Heath)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:48:29 +1000
 by: Clifford Heath - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 01:48 UTC

On 8/6/21 9:56 am, Steve Wilson wrote:
> Lasse Langwadt Christensen <langwadt@fonz.dk> wrote:
> That's what mine does. The fact it seems to have stopped working is a good
> excuse to take it apart and find out how it works.

What's to find out? It's pretty simple.
There's a magnet on the hook and a reed switch in the handle.

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<4mnvbgd3qrnppe6h7qoviii1ivb8fgmkin@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64855&group=sci.electronics.design#64855

From: speffS...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat (Spehro Pefhany)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 17:20:14 -0400
 by: Spehro Pefhany - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 21:20 UTC

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 09:47:59 -0400, Ralph Mowery
<rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:

>In article <168645052df646f8$1$1356503$70dd7a6b@news.thecubenet.com>,
>no.spam@please.net says...
>> > Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
>> > temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
>> > soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>> >
>> > This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
>> > concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
>> > job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
>> > uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
>> > was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
>> > There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
>> > same unit just rebranded.
>> >
>> > Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>> >
>> > https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/
>>
>> Confirm, they're good. I have the same thing cheaper from Aliexpress
>>
>> <https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042281602.html>
>>

>I would spend a little more and get the station that has the soldering
>iron with it. While I doubt they would hold up under lots of work, for
>ocasonial use they work fine. I have had one for a good number of
>years and it is fine for my hobby work.
>All of them seem to use the same hot air wand and soldring pencil.

Like this one?
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9I7ZAL

Seems not much more expensive, but a bit slower to get. Quite compact.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

NLA - was Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<7pKdnbFPOuyCdCL9nZ2dnUU7-QednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=64861&group=sci.electronics.design#64861

Subject: NLA - was Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: spa...@flippers.com (John Robertson)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:03:11 -0700
 by: John Robertson - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 22:03 UTC

On 2021/06/07 12:27 a.m., Steve Wilson wrote:
> Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
> temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
> soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>
> This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
> concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
> job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
> uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
> was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
> There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
> same unit just rebranded.
>
> Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/

Phooey, I was looking for a simple hot air gun...

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

John :-#(#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<sa8ldr$19it$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65300&group=sci.electronics.design#65300

From: klamm...@NOSPAM.a1.net (Johann Klammer)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 00:32:19 +0200
 by: Johann Klammer - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:32 UTC

On 06/07/2021 09:27 AM, Steve Wilson wrote:
> Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
> temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic shutdown as
> soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>
> This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
> concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit the
> job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area to a
> uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic tubing that
> was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99 you can't go wrong.
> There are other similar units for a much higher price that seem to be the
> same unit just rebranded.
>
> Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C5L8/

amazon.de is borked. trying to open the link hangs.
(Waiting for images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com)
I've been trying for a few days now.
I can also dimly remember from last time someone posted
a covert ad for the thing it did not work either, so it's not a transient fault.
(dillo and wget work, but ofcourse javascript...)

<https://www.amazon.de/L%C3%B6tstation-Entl%C3%B6tstation-Temperatur-Anzeige-100-450%C2%B0C-Hei%C3%9Fluftf%C3%B6hn-Mundst%C3%BCcke/dp/B07D75F48L/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=hot+air+rework&qid=1623709730&sr=8-5>

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<XnsAD49C031A274Bidtokenpost@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65303&group=sci.electronics.design#65303

From: spa...@not.com (Steve Wilson)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:53:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Steve Wilson - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:53 UTC

Try https://tinyurl.com/3yftevt7

--
The best designs occur in the theta state. - sw

Re: Excellent SMD Rework Station

<sa8n1d$ud4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65305&group=sci.electronics.design#65305

From: Soph...@invalid.org (John S)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:00:53 -0500
 by: John S - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:00 UTC

On 6/14/2021 5:53 PM, Steve Wilson wrote:
> Johann Klammer <klammerj@NOSPAM.a1.net> wrote:
>
>> On 06/07/2021 09:27 AM, Steve Wilson wrote:
>>> Here's an excellent rework station for your bench. 500 Watt, digital
>>> temperature control, fast heating, variable blower fan, automatic
>>> shutdown as soon as you put the air gun in the holder, CAD $49.99
>>>
>>> This unit puts out a large amount of high temperature air that is
>>> concentrated in a small area. You can adjust the volume of air to suit
>>> the job. I found many other uses for it, such as heating a large area
>>> to a uniform temperature to apply hot glue, and straightening plastic
>>> tubing that was curled up. I am very pleased with it, and for $49.99
>>> you can't go wrong. There are other similar units for a much higher
>>> price that seem to be the same unit just rebranded.
>>>
>>> Here is the Amazon Canada link:
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.ca/YaeCCC-Rework-Station-Soldering-Nozzles/dp/B087P9C
>>> 5L8/
>>>

>> amazon.de is borked. trying to open the link hangs.
>> (Waiting for images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com)
>> I've been trying for a few days now.
>> I can also dimly remember from last time someone posted
>> a covert ad for the thing it did not work either, so it's not a
>> transient fault. (dillo and wget work, but ofcourse javascript...)
>>
>> <https://www.amazon.de/L%C3%B6tstation-Entl%C3%B6tstation-Temperatur-Anze
>> ige-100-450%C2%B0C-Hei%C3%9Fluftf%C3%B6hn-Mundst%C3%BCcke/dp/B07D75F48L/r
>> ef=sr_1_5?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=ho
>> t+air+rework&qid=1623709730&sr=8-5>
>
> Try https://tinyurl.com/3yftevt7

Or even:
https://tinyurl.com/3zf4uf8f

--
Honey is the square root of 2 times the density of water.