From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Hard part is over ...
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 15:40:10 -0500
 by: Snag - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 20:40 UTC

Well , for me the hard part was getting that damn overhead cam timed
right . I've been working on a neighbor's Arctic cat 4x4 ATV , and I
sure wish he'd brought it to me first . Several other shops over a few
years have "looked at it" and couldn't figure out what was wrong . The
machine has been swimming , got tumbled pretty good in a creek . The
first think to look at is ignition electronics . Yup , module is bad ,
and no replacements available - but there's a place out in California
that repairs them if repairable . Got that done , still won't run . It
tries hard but just can't quite make it . Compression test time , and
we've got 30 psi dry , 90 after putting a tablespoon or 3 of oil in the
cylinder . OK , stuck rings , so lets order parts ... but wait , can't
afford it right now .
Well , he gave me the go ahead and I got the parts in , and the motor
is basically back together . Just gotta bolt the clutch cover and cam
cover assembly back on and then it's just bolting external stuff back on
.. From the vibes I'm getting , I think his wife is going to get a lot
more hours on it than he will .
--
Snag
"You can lead a dummy to facts