The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

SubjectAuthor
* attacks on bicyclists in London.Catrike Rider
+* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Roger Merriman
|+* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Catrike Rider
||`* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Roger Merriman
|| `* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Catrike Rider
||  `- Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Roger Merriman
|`* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Frank Krygowski
| +- Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Roger Merriman
| `* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Catrike Rider
|  `- Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Catrike Rider
`* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.pH
 +- Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.John B.
 `* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Radey Shouman
  `* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Tom Kunich
   `* Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.danny burstein
    `- Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.Tom Kunich

1
attacks on bicyclists in London.

<hcgqjh53nsrimic58gbvlfd6imvtsmaaou@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65423&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65423

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: attacks on bicyclists in London.
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 04:40:20 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 08:40 UTC

The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.

Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
“pulled out a 15 inch machete”.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft

Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<thjl4c$2v1od$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65425&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65425

From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:09:16 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:5joqIIp35b3vMVckOnRAzxyrP0Y=
 by: Roger Merriman - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:09 UTC

Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>
> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
> “pulled out a 15 inch machete”.
>
> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>
> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.

Was a rash of this what is notable is it’s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
got arrested.

It’s a dumb thing to do, in that as the bikes are rather hot, will not get
anything like the value of them, 10k bikes are common in Richmond as like
Regents roadies like doing laps.

Plus you start waving a knife about the police do get quite interested plus
a very real risk of armed response and at that point your chances of
survival diminished rapidly.

It’s why armed robbery with guns is fairly rare at least by organising
crime as they don’t want to encounter armed response.

Roger Merriman

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<q4nqjhh6j1ukgftm3lsdhik2bkiriqumbk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65427&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65427

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 06:47:51 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:47 UTC

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:09:16 -0000 (UTC), Roger Merriman
<roger@sarlet.com> wrote:

>Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>
>> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
>> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
>> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
>> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
>> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>>
>> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
>> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
>> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
>> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
>> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
>> ?pulled out a 15 inch machete?.
>>
>> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>>
>> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
>>
>Was a rash of this what is notable is it’s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
>got arrested.
>
>It’s a dumb thing to do, in that as the bikes are rather hot, will not get
>anything like the value of them, 10k bikes are common in Richmond as like
>Regents roadies like doing laps.
>
>Plus you start waving a knife about the police do get quite interested plus
>a very real risk of armed response and at that point your chances of
>survival diminished rapidly.
>
>It’s why armed robbery with guns is fairly rare at least by organising
>crime as they don’t want to encounter armed response.
>
>Roger Merriman

I doubt that the attacks on me were about my Catrike, which might
look, to the uninitiated, to be worth more than diamond frames, and
might be troublesome to to sell. I suspect that it was more about
possible phone, wallet, watch, etc, things that someone riding such an
expensive *looking* contraption might posess. Given that it happened
in an area known for homeless encampments, it might have been about
the granola bars I always carry.

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<thjobr$2var2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65428&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65428

From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:04:27 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:RHDqkDHnkYDnAAkrSUsITvo6mtI=
 by: Roger Merriman - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:04 UTC

Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:09:16 -0000 (UTC), Roger Merriman
> <roger@sarlet.com> wrote:
>
>> Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>>
>>> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
>>> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
>>> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
>>> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
>>> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>>>
>>> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
>>> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
>>> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
>>> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
>>> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
>>> ?pulled out a 15 inch machete?.
>>>
>>> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>>>
>>> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
>>>
>> Was a rash of this what is notable is it’s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
>> got arrested.
>>
>> It’s a dumb thing to do, in that as the bikes are rather hot, will not get
>> anything like the value of them, 10k bikes are common in Richmond as like
>> Regents roadies like doing laps.
>>
>> Plus you start waving a knife about the police do get quite interested plus
>> a very real risk of armed response and at that point your chances of
>> survival diminished rapidly.
>>
>> It’s why armed robbery with guns is fairly rare at least by organising
>> crime as they don’t want to encounter armed response.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>
> I doubt that the attacks on me were about my Catrike, which might
> look, to the uninitiated, to be worth more than diamond frames, and
> might be troublesome to to sell. I suspect that it was more about
> possible phone, wallet, watch, etc, things that someone riding such an
> expensive *looking* contraption might posess. Given that it happened
> in an area known for homeless encampments, it might have been about
> the granola bars I always carry.

More likely some people will go for what they think are easy targets, while
folks do use recumbents particularly with your age, the assumption will be
disability of some form.

Roger Merriman

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<ghpqjhdjajb8bqmgl3pi35qq8kaap52bip@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65429&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65429

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 07:17:58 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:17 UTC

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:04:27 -0000 (UTC), Roger Merriman
<roger@sarlet.com> wrote:

>Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:09:16 -0000 (UTC), Roger Merriman
>> <roger@sarlet.com> wrote:

>>> Was a rash of this what is notable is it?s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
>>> got arrested.
>>>
>>> It?s a dumb thing to do, in that as the bikes are rather hot, will not get
>>> anything like the value of them, 10k bikes are common in Richmond as like
>>> Regents roadies like doing laps.
>>>
>>> Plus you start waving a knife about the police do get quite interested plus
>>> a very real risk of armed response and at that point your chances of
>>> survival diminished rapidly.
>>>
>>> It?s why armed robbery with guns is fairly rare at least by organising
>>> crime as they don?t want to encounter armed response.
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>
>> I doubt that the attacks on me were about my Catrike, which might
>> look, to the uninitiated, to be worth more than diamond frames, and
>> might be troublesome to to sell. I suspect that it was more about
>> possible phone, wallet, watch, etc, things that someone riding such an
>> expensive *looking* contraption might posess. Given that it happened
>> in an area known for homeless encampments, it might have been about
>> the granola bars I always carry.
>>
>More likely some people will go for what they think are easy targets, while
>folks do use recumbents particularly with your age, the assumption will be
>disability of some form.
>
>Roger Merriman

It's also obvious that reclining with your butt six inches off the
ground, and your feet hooked to the pedals well off the ground puts
you in a somewhat vulnerable position.

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<thkcdi$317r0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65435&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65435

From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 16:46:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:vRcZt+ajZJWrR+4xVa0UDEw2kJ4=
 by: Roger Merriman - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 16:46 UTC

Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:04:27 -0000 (UTC), Roger Merriman
> <roger@sarlet.com> wrote:
>
>> Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

>>> I doubt that the attacks on me were about my Catrike, which might
>>> look, to the uninitiated, to be worth more than diamond frames, and
>>> might be troublesome to to sell. I suspect that it was more about
>>> possible phone, wallet, watch, etc, things that someone riding such an
>>> expensive *looking* contraption might posess. Given that it happened
>>> in an area known for homeless encampments, it might have been about
>>> the granola bars I always carry.
>>>
>> More likely some people will go for what they think are easy targets, while
>> folks do use recumbents particularly with your age, the assumption will be
>> disability of some form.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>
> It's also obvious that reclining with your butt six inches off the
> ground, and your feet hooked to the pedals well off the ground puts
> you in a somewhat vulnerable position.

It is more than that, for example get the guys on the racing wheelchairs
fairly regularly in Richmond Park, disabled yes, and in a low position but
also powerfully built. Traffic that goes though gives them respect.

Roger Merriman

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<thkfnc$319dk$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65439&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65439

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 13:43:06 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 17:43 UTC

On 10/5/2022 6:09 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
> Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>
>> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
>> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
>> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
>> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
>> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>>
>> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
>> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
>> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
>> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
>> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
>> “pulled out a 15 inch machete”.
>>
>> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>>
>> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
>>
> Was a rash of this what is notable is it’s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
> got arrested.

I'm always amazed about some people's habit of focusing attention on
extremely rare bad events, and events that _might_ have turned out bad.

It seems a fearful way to live, and it must greatly reduce one's life
experiences.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<thki2u$31pap$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65444&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65444

From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 18:23:26 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ouOeEdcJ51/51JEDk5wYwVOaw4A=
 by: Roger Merriman - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 18:23 UTC

Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 10/5/2022 6:09 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>>
>>> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
>>> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
>>> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
>>> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
>>> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>>>
>>> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
>>> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
>>> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
>>> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
>>> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
>>> “pulled out a 15 inch machete”.
>>>
>>> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>>>
>>> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
>>>
>> Was a rash of this what is notable is it’s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
>> got arrested.
>
> I'm always amazed about some people's habit of focusing attention on
> extremely rare bad events, and events that _might_ have turned out bad.
>
> It seems a fearful way to live, and it must greatly reduce one's life
> experiences.

Some folks seem to enjoy it, essentially the gossip, hence I guessing the
lurid details in tv/newspapers/socials.

Is the point of some folks experiences are quite different, a lot of my
life is around women and for quite a few years young ones, so the worry if
alone is real and indeed while I’ll happy cycle on my own some cycling
friends (women) will not.

Roger merriman

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<rp1sjh9dll3kpkp6jmalrdb9gb3eqkeuis@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65453&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65453

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 18:37:53 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 22:37 UTC

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 13:43:06 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 10/5/2022 6:09 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>>
>>> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
>>> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
>>> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
>>> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
>>> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>>>
>>> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
>>> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
>>> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
>>> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
>>> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
>>> ?pulled out a 15 inch machete?.
>>>
>>> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>>>
>>> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
>>>
>> Was a rash of this what is notable is it’s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
>> got arrested.
>
>I'm always amazed about some people's habit of focusing attention on
>extremely rare bad events, and events that _might_ have turned out bad.
>
>It seems a fearful way to live, and it must greatly reduce one's life
>experiences.

https://tinyurl.com/2fybwb26

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<b23sjhhcg7vo4estd6naofqbuebue642t9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65457&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65457

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 19:00:41 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:00 UTC

On Wed, 05 Oct 2022 18:37:53 -0400, Catrike Rider
<soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 13:43:06 -0400, Frank Krygowski
><frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Was a rash of this what is notable is it’s rarity, the kids they (were 16)
>>> got arrested.
>>
>>I'm always amazed about some people's habit of focusing attention on
>>extremely rare bad events, and events that _might_ have turned out bad.
>>
>>It seems a fearful way to live, and it must greatly reduce one's life
>>experiences.
>
>https://tinyurl.com/2fybwb26

The number of murders nationwide rose by approximately 30% between
2020 and 2021, according to the FBI National Incident-Based Reporting
System (NIBRS).

The estimated aggregate national murder volume increased by 4.3% in
2021, adding to the 29.4% rise from 2019 to 2020, the FBI’s NIBRS
trend analysis report said.

The bureau cited a 1% decrease in violent crime in 2021 compared to
the year prior, stating that the crime rates were “consistent,”
according to a 2021 release.

“It should be noted that the violent crime figures for 2020 have had a
significant increase over the respective value(s) reported in 2019,”
the report said.

Criminals appeared to increasingly attack seniors in 2021, the report
suggests. The estimated volume of violent crimes against persons aged
65 and up rose 8.9% compared to the previous year.

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<thl3vu$33da5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65458&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65458

From: wNOSP...@gmail.org (pH)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:29:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pH - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:29 UTC

On 2022-10-05, Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>
> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
> “pulled out a 15 inch machete”.
>
> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>
> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.

I remember the Sherlock Holmes stories where Holmes placed his revolver in
his pocket or reminded Watson to do the same.

Those times are no more, of course.

Planned to ride my bike today but ended up getting tires (tyres) for the
wife's car instead. Petrol prices are rising.

pH in Aptos

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<9i6sjhlud67ara81aho2486bvr1aivpfsc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65465&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65465

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 07:00:51 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 00:00 UTC

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:29:03 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOSPAMp@gmail.org>
wrote:

>On 2022-10-05, Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>
>> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
>> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
>> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
>> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
>> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>>
>> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
>> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
>> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
>> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
>> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
>> ?pulled out a 15 inch machete?.
>>
>> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>>
>> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
>
>I remember the Sherlock Holmes stories where Holmes placed his revolver in
>his pocket or reminded Watson to do the same.
>
>Those times are no more, of course.
>
>Planned to ride my bike today but ended up getting tires (tyres) for the
>wife's car instead. Petrol prices are rising.
>
>pH in Aptos

And, I read that OPEC has reduced production a bit (:-) By 2 million
barrels a day (:-(
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<87wn9dkabg.fsf@mothra.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65467&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65467

From: shou...@comcast.net (Radey Shouman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 21:30:43 -0400
sha1:Dxnvce64Iig4cU4kPWnasqdJrOI=
 by: Radey Shouman - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 01:30 UTC

pH <wNOSPAMp@gmail.org> writes:

> On 2022-10-05, Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>
>> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
>> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
>> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
>> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
>> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
>>
>> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
>> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
>> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
>> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
>> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
>> “pulled out a 15 inch machete”.
>>
>> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
>>
>> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
>
> I remember the Sherlock Holmes stories where Holmes placed his revolver in
> his pocket or reminded Watson to do the same.

Somewhere or another, I don't remember where, Orwell reminisced on how,
in his youth, one could buy a revolver or other firearm at any iron
monger's shop without any formalities or suspicion of any kind. That
came to an end during the twenties, when it began to seem possible that
the British proletariat might cause trouble in the same way as the
Russian had.

--

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<003a1251-f3ee-464e-bd1c-14a192821784n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65628&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65628

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 08:08:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 15:08 UTC

On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 6:30:46 PM UTC-7, Radey Shouman wrote:
> pH <wNOS...@gmail.org> writes:
>
> > On 2022-10-05, Catrike Rider <sol...@drafting.not> wrote:
> >>
> >> The attack on Marshall is just the latest in a string of similar
> >> horrifying incidents across London, including earlier this year. In
> >> April, men on motorbikes leered at Scottish cyclist Jennifer George
> >> before trying to knock her off of her bike. George at the time feared
> >> the harassment she experienced was an attempt to steal her bike.
> >>
> >> Unlike Marshall or George, fellow British cyclist, Alex Richardson,
> >> who recently finished third in the national road race championships,
> >> didn't escape a similar attack physically unscathed. Richardson was
> >> left bloodied when his bike was stolen in Richmond Park, South London
> >> last year. Richardson let go of his bike after one of his assailants
> >> “pulled out a 15 inch machete”.
> >>
> >> https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/give-us-the-bike-or-well-stab-you-uk-cyclist-recounts-horror-of-attempted-bike-theft
> >>
> >> Too bad they can't carry a gun in the UK.
> >
> > I remember the Sherlock Holmes stories where Holmes placed his revolver in
> > his pocket or reminded Watson to do the same.
> Somewhere or another, I don't remember where, Orwell reminisced on how,
> in his youth, one could buy a revolver or other firearm at any iron
> monger's shop without any formalities or suspicion of any kind. That
> came to an end during the twenties, when it began to seem possible that
> the British proletariat might cause trouble in the same way as the
> Russian had.
> > Those times are no more, of course.
> >
> > Planned to ride my bike today but ended up getting tires (tyres) for the
> > wife's car instead. Petrol prices are rising.

Government has never trusted the people since the founders included the 2nd Amendment. They and their stooges - the Slime Stream Media have worked assiduously to build a distrust for anyone that might wish for any reason to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. Imagine a constant refrain of the small numbers of armed crimes and not a word of the thousands of crimes prevented by an armed citizenry during equal periods of time? Eventually there will be a reckoning for people who are trying to overthrow the Constitution.

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<thuoge$hbi$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65629&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65629

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 15:14:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 15:14 UTC

In <003a1251-f3ee-464e-bd1c-14a192821784n@googlegroups.com> Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

>Government has never trusted the people since the founders included the 2nd=
> Amendment. They and their stooges - the Slime Stream Media

"slime stream media"

Rest of bumdass garbage post ignored.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: attacks on bicyclists in London.

<454033e0-152f-4a6e-b675-e9ab44cd7c2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65632&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65632

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 09:12:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 16:12 UTC

On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 8:14:25 AM UTC-7, danny burstein wrote:
> In <003a1251-f3ee-464e...@googlegroups.com> Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
> >Government has never trusted the people since the founders included the 2nd=
> > Amendment. They and their stooges - the Slime Stream Media
> "slime stream media"
>
> Rest of bumdass garbage post ignored.

Gee, I'm really offended by someone too stupid to spell "dumbass". He actually thinks that I care if he ignores my postings so carefully that he feels the need to comment on every one of them? I think the term "horses ass" springs to mind.