"Don't talk to me about disclaimers! I invented disclaimers!" -- The Censored Hacker

tech / sci.electronics.design / Silk Road

SubjectAuthor
* Silk Roadjlarkin
+- Re: Silk RoadboB
+- Re: Silk RoadBill Sloman
+- Re: Silk Roadbitrex
`* Re: Silk RoadFred Bloggs
 `* Re: Silk Roadjlarkin
  `- Re: Silk RoadFred Bloggs

1
Silk Road

<n9tfdglqqbllria358fl0p2do9dgjhv7js@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66036&group=sci.electronics.design#66036

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Silk Road
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 21:00:15 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 04:00 UTC

We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest
dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the
virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there.
The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boeiz8uhnumwxim/GP_Library.jpg?raw=1

The store is the Canyon Market, which bakes wonderful bread. Above
that is the Glen Park Public Library, where the Silk Road guy ran his
empire over the library's wifi, and where he was arrested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)#Arrest_and_trial_of_Ross_Ulbricht

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Silk Road

<v33gdgtqsa9ck4bjr7fals2863rldrt1nd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66039&group=sci.electronics.design#66039

From: boB...@K7IQ.com (boB)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Silk Road
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 22:28:44 -0700
 by: boB - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 05:28 UTC

On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 21:00:15 -0700, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

>We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest
>dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the
>virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there.
>The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/boeiz8uhnumwxim/GP_Library.jpg?raw=1
>
>The store is the Canyon Market, which bakes wonderful bread. Above
>that is the Glen Park Public Library, where the Silk Road guy ran his
>empire over the library's wifi, and where he was arrested.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)#Arrest_and_trial_of_Ross_Ulbricht

CooL !

Re: Silk Road

<7c916ac2-8708-4a48-a218-990aac241223n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66043&group=sci.electronics.design#66043

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 22:58:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
 by: Bill Sloman - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 05:58 UTC

On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 2:00:31 PM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest
> dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the
> virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there.
> The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/boeiz8uhnumwxim/GP_Library.jpg?raw=1
>
> The store is the Canyon Market, which bakes wonderful bread. Above
> that is the Glen Park Public Library, where the Silk Road guy ran his
> empire over the library's wifi, and where he was arrested.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)#Arrest_and_trial_of_Ross_Ulbricht

Marginally interesting, but definitely off-topic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Silk Road

<D__BI.832164$2A5.80503@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66047&group=sci.electronics.design#66047

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:24:51 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 13:24 UTC

On 6/27/2021 12:00 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest
> dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the
> virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there.
> The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/boeiz8uhnumwxim/GP_Library.jpg?raw=1
>
> The store is the Canyon Market, which bakes wonderful bread. Above
> that is the Glen Park Public Library, where the Silk Road guy ran his
> empire over the library's wifi, and where he was arrested.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)#Arrest_and_trial_of_Ross_Ulbricht

"Ulbricht stated that his actions through Silk Road were committed
through libertarian idealism and that "Silk Road was supposed to be
about giving people the freedom to make their own choices" and admitted
that he made a "terrible mistake" that "ruined his life."

"I mistakenly tried to hire hitmen to execute six people" lol he does
sound like a fashion of libertarian

Re: Silk Road

<9298ddc6-5f47-4233-be75-195044f5a6a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66049&group=sci.electronics.design#66049

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 06:52:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 13:52 UTC

On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 12:00:31 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest
> dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the
> virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there.
> The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/boeiz8uhnumwxim/GP_Library.jpg?raw=1

It looks nice, not shoddy at all. Is that Wells Fargo for real?

Places like this keep the rent low so most of what you pay goes to the business and not some gouging real estate investment corporation.

> The store is the Canyon Market, which bakes wonderful bread. Above
> that is the Glen Park Public Library, where the Silk Road guy ran his
> empire over the library's wifi, and where he was arrested.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road_(marketplace)#Arrest_and_trial_of_Ross_Ulbricht
>

> --
>
> John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
>
> The best designs are necessarily accidental.

Re: Silk Road

<n03hdg1e1p82uuj4bnmtjij2joghadif5m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66051&group=sci.electronics.design#66051

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 07:50:17 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 14:50 UTC

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 06:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 12:00:31 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest
>> dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the
>> virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there.
>> The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/boeiz8uhnumwxim/GP_Library.jpg?raw=1
>
>It looks nice, not shoddy at all. Is that Wells Fargo for real?

It's an ATM.

It's the bar and its parklet (where I took the pic from) that are
shoddy. GPS, Glen Park Station, is our treasured, very downscale,
suitably smelling dive bar.

>Places like this keep the rent low so most of what you pay goes to the business and not some gouging real estate investment corporation.

The rent of Canyon Market is enormous (I know one of the owners) and
so are the prices. Like $80 a pound for some exotic cheese, $27 for
salmon. But the stuff is awfully good. The home-made bread and soups
and burger meat are great. Not the place to buy paper towels or cat
food. I think they sell about $1e6 a month.

What impresses me is that some script kiddie with a laptop and a chair
at a little public library can become a Master Criminal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3VJePRaxEg

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Silk Road

<eb3b4c2e-9147-4d03-b1d0-8d0fec505136n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66056&group=sci.electronics.design#66056

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 08:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 15:28 UTC

On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 10:50:27 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 06:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 12:00:31 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> >> We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest
> >> dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the
> >> virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there.
> >> The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.
> >>
> >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/boeiz8uhnumwxim/GP_Library.jpg?raw=1
> >
> >It looks nice, not shoddy at all. Is that Wells Fargo for real?
> It's an ATM.
>
> It's the bar and its parklet (where I took the pic from) that are
> shoddy. GPS, Glen Park Station, is our treasured, very downscale,
> suitably smelling dive bar.
> >
> >Places like this keep the rent low so most of what you pay goes to the business and not some gouging real estate investment corporation.
> The rent of Canyon Market is enormous (I know one of the owners) and
> so are the prices. Like $80 a pound for some exotic cheese, $27 for
> salmon. But the stuff is awfully good. The home-made bread and soups
> and burger meat are great. Not the place to buy paper towels or cat
> food. I think they sell about $1e6 a month.
>
> What impresses me is that some script kiddie with a laptop and a chair
> at a little public library can become a Master Criminal.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3VJePRaxEg

When they say without possibility of parole they really mean it these days.

In a few more years it will finally sink in and he'll commit suicide.