Being overloaded is the sign of a true Debian maintainer. -- JHM on #Debian

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

SubjectAuthor
* Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Fred Bloggs
+* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Bill Sloman
|`* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Fred Bloggs
| `* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005John Robertson
|  +- Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Bill Sloman
|  `- Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005whit3rd
`* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005jlarkin
 +* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Bill Sloman
 |`- Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Fred Bloggs
 `* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Fred Bloggs
  `* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005John Larkin
   +* Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Fred Bloggs
   |`- Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005John Larkin
   `- Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005Bill Sloman

1
Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<d084fef8-0371-4134-80b9-69d909901541n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66115&group=sci.electronics.design#66115

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:52:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:52 UTC

For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.

The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.

https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<451aca7b-4a2e-4a84-8e83-1609459806fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66123&group=sci.electronics.design#66123

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 07:26:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
 by: Bill Sloman - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:26 UTC

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 11:52:11 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
>
> The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
>
> https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html

So what? The level of CO2 in the atmosphere went up from 380 ppm in 2005 to about 410 in 2019. This is pushing up the temperature of the surface of the earth, which means that the planet has got to absorb heat. The planet as whole has quite a high thermal mass, so it's going to take a while before the system equilibrates. Short term stuff like La Nina/El Nino alternations mess up the process even more in the short term.

There is a lot of stuff around that it is worth being alarmist about, but this isn't any of it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<7cojdgdfki01booqn8pv2ofp5mivm9usoi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66128&group=sci.electronics.design#66128

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 07:50:06 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:50 UTC

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:52:07 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
>
>The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
>
>https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html

OMG! In ten years we'll all be dead!

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<7d855853-af19-4b66-959b-97d0678bfbabn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66131&group=sci.electronics.design#66131

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 08:10:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
 by: Bill Sloman - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 15:10 UTC

On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 12:50:14 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:52:07 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
> >
> >The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
> >
> >https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html
>
> OMG! In ten years we'll all be dead!
Probably not. But we can hope from relief from some of the people who post about stuff they don't understand too well.

If they don't understand much about climate science they may not have a particularly sound grasp of medical science either.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<0e7ce551-76fc-49cf-8af3-1cef727608d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66149&group=sci.electronics.design#66149

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:57:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:57 UTC

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:26:30 AM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:
> On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 11:52:11 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
> >
> > The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
> >
> > https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html
> So what? The level of CO2 in the atmosphere went up from 380 ppm in 2005 to about 410 in 2019. This is pushing up the temperature of the surface of the earth, which means that the planet has got to absorb heat. The planet as whole has quite a high thermal mass, so it's going to take a while before the system equilibrates. Short term stuff like La Nina/El Nino alternations mess up the process even more in the short term.
>
> There is a lot of stuff around that it is worth being alarmist about, but this isn't any of it.

Once again you give away the fact you don't have a clue in hell what you're talking about. Your assessment of this finding is at odds with Hansen who's been studying every aspect of this subject in great detail for the past 40 years.

"Two numbers, atmospheric CO2 amount and global surface temperature, have received special
prominence, and they deserve attention. However, this third number, Earth’s energy imbalance,
is perhaps the most important. CO2 is just one of the forcings that drive climate change, even if
the dominant one. Earth’s energy imbalance incorporates the effect of CO2 and all other
forcings, including some, such as human-made aerosols, that are poorly measured at best."

"That imbalance must be reduced approximately to zero for the sake of stabilizing climate."

As usual you're too dull to make sense of anything you read, have no direction , and can't begin to focus intelligently, preferring instead to parrot bits and pieces of factoids that make you sound more learned than you are.

http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/mailings/2020/20200907_Sentinel.pdf

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<b6666ecf-f463-4db7-a3f3-c39d323cc00bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66150&group=sci.electronics.design#66150

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:59 UTC

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 11:10:30 AM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 12:50:14 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:52:07 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> > <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
> > >
> > >The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
> > >
> > >https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html
> >
> > OMG! In ten years we'll all be dead!
> Probably not. But we can hope from relief from some of the people who post about stuff they don't understand too well.
>
> If they don't understand much about climate science they may not have a particularly sound grasp of medical science either.

In respect of Hansen's summary of the importance of energy imbalance, you're presenting yourself as the one we need the most relief from...

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<6cbf17e9-3ea7-4657-bc82-d4816b9c6db8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66151&group=sci.electronics.design#66151

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:05 UTC

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:50:14 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:52:07 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
> >
> >The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
> >
> >https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html
> OMG! In ten years we'll all be dead!

It will sooner, the place, top heavy with way too many people and led by imbeciles, is collapsing like a deck of cards.

> --
>
> John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
>
> The best designs are necessarily accidental.

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<785kdgtveo77as6n8nkuht7196v165ktfn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66155&group=sci.electronics.design#66155

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:32:32 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:32 UTC

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:05:47 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:50:14 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:52:07 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
>> >
>> >The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
>> >
>> >https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html
>> OMG! In ten years we'll all be dead!
>
>It will sooner, the place, top heavy with way too many people and led by imbeciles, is collapsing like a deck of cards.

No. Things keep getting better. Nutrition is up. Lifespans are up.
Literacy is up. Birth rates are dropping. Deaths from disease, war,
natural disasters, all way down.

Humankind is approaching a golden age. It's just begun.

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<91229a7e-8467-4669-93d3-205e014cc6fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66157&group=sci.electronics.design#66157

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:41:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:41 UTC

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 2:32:42 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:05:47 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:50:14 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> >> OMG! In ten years we'll all be dead!
> >
> >It will sooner, the place, top heavy with way too many people and led by imbeciles, is collapsing like a deck of cards.
> >
> No. Things keep getting better. Nutrition is up. Lifespans are up.
> Literacy is up. Birth rates are dropping. Deaths from disease, war,
> natural disasters, all way down.
>
> Humankind is approaching a golden age. It's just begun.

I'm pretty sure history has taught us that just when everyone thinks things are super-wonderful- BOOM- major global catastrophe hits.

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<pf6kdg161av2o4sc9m9229a05vr49v93dq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66159&group=sci.electronics.design#66159

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc3.netnews.com!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.supernews.com!news.supernews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:51:10 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:51 UTC

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:41:54 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 2:32:42 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:05:47 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >It will sooner, the place, top heavy with way too many people and led by imbeciles, is collapsing like a deck of cards.
>> >
>> No. Things keep getting better. Nutrition is up. Lifespans are up.
>> Literacy is up. Birth rates are dropping. Deaths from disease, war,
>> natural disasters, all way down.
>>
>> Humankind is approaching a golden age. It's just begun.
>
>I'm pretty sure history has taught us that just when everyone thinks things are super-wonderful- BOOM- major global catastrophe hits.

OK, keep hoping, or praying, for the worst.

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<2dbd0b5a-1cf1-40d4-970e-40c96d6b180an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66174&group=sci.electronics.design#66174

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 19:15:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
 by: Bill Sloman - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 02:15 UTC

On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 4:32:42 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:05:47 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:50:14 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> >> OMG! In ten years we'll all be dead!
> >
> >It will sooner, the place, top heavy with way too many people and led by imbeciles, is collapsing like a deck of cards.
> >
> No. Things keep getting better. Nutrition is up. Lifespans are up.

Not in the US. It went down a bit there in 2019, which is unusual.

> Literacy is up. Birth rates are dropping. Deaths from disease, war, natural disasters, all way down.

As happens before the next epidemic or natural disaster comes along. Climate change is ramping up to create some really nasty natural disasters, and John Larkin seems to have been flattered into thinking that they can't possibly happen, so the fossil carbon extraction industry can keep on collecting its dividends for a few more years.

> Humankind is approaching a golden age. It's just begun.

They don't last. Mostly they never existed, except as delusions in the minds of gullible twits like John Larkin.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<hcqdnWc8ZMwPMUf9nZ2dnUU7-SPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66180&group=sci.electronics.design#66180

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: spa...@flippers.com (John Robertson)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 22:15:58 -0700
 by: John Robertson - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 05:15 UTC

On 2021/06/28 10:57 a.m., Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:26:30 AM UTC-4, Bill Sloman wrote:
>> On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 11:52:11 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>>> For the study, researchers looked at data from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument, which flies on several NASA Earth-observation satellites and measures how much energy the planet absorbs in the form of sunlight and how much of that it emits back into space in the form of infrared radiation.
>>>
>>> The difference between the incoming and outflowing energy is called the energy imbalance, and the study found that in the period between 2005 and 2019 the imbalance doubled compared to the years before.
>>>
>>> https://www.livescience.com/earth-trapping-more-heat-energy-imbalance-doubled.html
>> So what? The level of CO2 in the atmosphere went up from 380 ppm in 2005 to about 410 in 2019. This is pushing up the temperature of the surface of the earth, which means that the planet has got to absorb heat. The planet as whole has quite a high thermal mass, so it's going to take a while before the system equilibrates. Short term stuff like La Nina/El Nino alternations mess up the process even more in the short term.
>>
>> There is a lot of stuff around that it is worth being alarmist about, but this isn't any of it.
>
> Once again you give away the fact you don't have a clue in hell what you're talking about. Your assessment of this finding is at odds with Hansen who's been studying every aspect of this subject in great detail for the past 40 years.

Hansen? He was the clown who turned off the air conditioning to some
committee room in either the house or the senate back in, what was it,
1987 or there about to make a point about global warming as he called it
then?

And then when the slight warming trend stopped for about fifteen years,
he switched the name to climate change after trying all sorts of other
names.

The climate ALWAYS changes (ask the Mayans!), naming something like that
means it can't be disproved, which is a win-win for the climate alarmists.

John

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<8bc6abb2-ac35-4354-adad-4f8755bf5efbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66183&group=sci.electronics.design#66183

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 01:57:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
 by: Bill Sloman - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 08:57 UTC

On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 3:16:13 PM UTC+10, John Robertson wrote:
> On 2021/06/28 10:57 a.m., Fred Bloggs wrote:

> >> So what? The level of CO2 in the atmosphere went up from 380 ppm in 2005 to about 410 in 2019. This is pushing up the temperature of the surface of the earth, which means that the planet has got to absorb heat. The planet as whole has quite a high thermal mass, so it's going to take a while before the system equilibrates. Short term stuff like La Nina/El Nino alternations mess up the process even more in the short term.
> >>
> >> There is a lot of stuff around that it is worth being alarmist about, but this isn't any of it.
> >
> > Once again you give away the fact you don't have a clue in hell what you're talking about. Your assessment of this finding is at odds with Hansen who's been studying every aspect of this subject in great detail for the past 40 years.
> >

> Hansen? He was the clown who turned off the air conditioning to some
> committee room in either the house or the senate back in, what was it,
> 1987 or there about to make a point about global warming as he called it
> then?

Hansen isn't actually any kind of clown, much as denialist lunatics feel the need to claim that he is.
> And then when the slight warming trend stopped for about fifteen years,

It didn't. A particularly intense El Nino pushed up the global temperature in 1998, and the denialist spent the next couple of years claiming that the warming trend had stopped.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/did-global-warming-stop-1998

> he switched the name to climate change after trying all sorts of other names.

That's public relations. Hansen doesn't seem to specialise in that, but denialist twits do like to keep their arguments simple - they only work on other half-wits anyway.
> The climate ALWAYS changes (ask the Mayans!), naming something like that means it can't be disproved, which is a win-win for the climate alarmists.

Twaddle. The atmospheric CO2 level is now higher than it has been for 20 million years, and that is real difference, even if John Robertson doesn't know enough to understand why.

--
Bill Sloman

Re: Earth is trapping twice as much heat as it did in 2005

<f483e9a1-14cd-48fa-804e-345ad081fa35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66236&group=sci.electronics.design#66236

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 16:26:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 23:26 UTC

On Monday, June 28, 2021 at 10:16:13 PM UTC-7, John Robertson wrote:

> The climate ALWAYS changes (ask the Mayans!), naming something like that
> means it can't be disproved, which is a win-win for the climate alarmists.

The Mayans practiced non-sustainable agriculture, it wasn't weather
that ruined their crops. As for 'disproved', you don't disprove a
theoretical model in the sciences, you improve it, or use it as-is.
You can disprove an hypothesis, though: what hypothesis do you refer to?

As for 'win', what prize do you believe the 'climate alarmists' have won?
That metaphor sucks.