From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Just when it looked like ...
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 15:51:22 -0600
 by: Snag - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 21:51 UTC

I could proceed with the reassembly of my neighbor's side by side UTV
without finding more problems . I'm not sure if I've posted about this ,
the machine is a HiSun 700 , apparently a clone of a Yamaha (Rhino?) .
His grandkids used it to tow round bales of hay out to their horses - at
about 700 pounds each . The result was a stripped set of bevel gears ,
and they're buried deep in the guts of this thing .
On to today's problem . Got all the gears , gaskets , and bearings
and started reassembly of the drive bevel and discovered that one of the
bolts that holds the gear assembly to the case is stripped . Looks like
another week or so delay waiting for the helicoil kit to arrive so I can
proceed . Which puts us right smack in the middle of the first real cold
spell here , with lows well below freezing .
A well insulated and heated 40 x 60 shop building sure would be nice
about now . I'd have room to park my truck while I'm attending to the
never-ending details of catching up on 5 years of near-total neglect by
my lazy son .
--
Snag
"You can lead a dummy to facts

Re: Just when it looked like ...

<tkjt0b$kl25$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6630&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#6630

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Just when it looked like ...
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 15:12:27 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:12 UTC

On 11/10/2022 2:51 PM, Snag wrote:
> I could proceed with the reassembly of my neighbor's side by side UTV
> without finding more problems . I'm not sure if I've posted about this ,
> the machine is a HiSun 700 , apparently a clone of a Yamaha (Rhino?) .
> His grandkids used it to tow round bales of hay out to their horses - at
> about 700 pounds each . The result was a stripped set of bevel gears ,
> and they're buried deep in the guts of this thing .
>   On to today's problem . Got all the gears , gaskets , and bearings
> and started reassembly of the drive bevel and discovered that one of the
> bolts that holds the gear assembly to the case is stripped . Looks like
> another week or so delay waiting for the helicoil kit to arrive so I can
> proceed . Which puts us right smack in the middle of the first real cold
> spell here , with lows well below freezing .
>   A well insulated and heated 40 x 60 shop building sure would be nice
> about now . I'd have room to park my truck while I'm attending to the
> never-ending details of catching up on 5 years of near-total neglect by
> my lazy son .

I'm sorry. I can't help you. My shop is the wrong size at 50 x 60 and
while it is insulated I wouldn't call it "well" insulated.

I can tell you it wouldn't help. You grow to fill the space you have.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com

Re: Just when it looked like ...

<tkkd0g$opi5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6631&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#6631

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 20:45:36 -0600
 by: Snag - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 02:45 UTC

On 11/10/2022 4:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 11/10/2022 2:51 PM, Snag wrote:
>> I could proceed with the reassembly of my neighbor's side by side UTV
>> without finding more problems . I'm not sure if I've posted about this
>> , the machine is a HiSun 700 , apparently a clone of a Yamaha (Rhino?)
>> . His grandkids used it to tow round bales of hay out to their horses
>> - at about 700 pounds each . The result was a stripped set of bevel
>> gears , and they're buried deep in the guts of this thing .
>>    On to today's problem . Got all the gears , gaskets , and bearings
>> and started reassembly of the drive bevel and discovered that one of
>> the bolts that holds the gear assembly to the case is stripped . Looks
>> like another week or so delay waiting for the helicoil kit to arrive
>> so I can proceed . Which puts us right smack in the middle of the
>> first real cold spell here , with lows well below freezing .
>>    A well insulated and heated 40 x 60 shop building sure would be
>> nice about now . I'd have room to park my truck while I'm attending to
>> the never-ending details of catching up on 5 years of near-total
>> neglect by my lazy son .
>
> I'm sorry.  I can't help you.  My shop is the wrong size at 50 x 60 and
> while it is insulated I wouldn't call it "well" insulated.
>
> I can tell you it wouldn't help.  You grow to fill the space you have.

I've experienced that ... at my age I was figuring that by the time
it got full it would be someone elses problem .
--
Snag
"You can lead a dummy to facts

Re: Just when it looked like ...

<tklva4$ftf$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6634&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#6634

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 10:04:03 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:04 UTC

On 11/10/2022 7:45 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 11/10/2022 4:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> On 11/10/2022 2:51 PM, Snag wrote:
>>> I could proceed with the reassembly of my neighbor's side by side UTV
>>> without finding more problems . I'm not sure if I've posted about
>>> this , the machine is a HiSun 700 , apparently a clone of a Yamaha
>>> (Rhino?) . His grandkids used it to tow round bales of hay out to
>>> their horses - at about 700 pounds each . The result was a stripped
>>> set of bevel gears , and they're buried deep in the guts of this thing .
>>>    On to today's problem . Got all the gears , gaskets , and bearings
>>> and started reassembly of the drive bevel and discovered that one of
>>> the bolts that holds the gear assembly to the case is stripped .
>>> Looks like another week or so delay waiting for the helicoil kit to
>>> arrive so I can proceed . Which puts us right smack in the middle of
>>> the first real cold spell here , with lows well below freezing .
>>>    A well insulated and heated 40 x 60 shop building sure would be
>>> nice about now . I'd have room to park my truck while I'm attending
>>> to the never-ending details of catching up on 5 years of near-total
>>> neglect by my lazy son .
>>
>> I'm sorry.  I can't help you.  My shop is the wrong size at 50 x 60
>> and while it is insulated I wouldn't call it "well" insulated.
>>
>> I can tell you it wouldn't help.  You grow to fill the space you have.
>>

>   I've experienced that ... at my age I was figuring that by the time
> it got full it would be someone elses problem .

LOL - IRL

www.avg.com