The existence of god implies a violation of causality.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

SubjectAuthor
* Oklahoma Man Gets LCatrike Rider
+* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing BTom Kunich
|`* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets LCatrike Rider
| `* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing BTom Kunich
|  +* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing BicyFrank Krygowski
|  |`- Re: Oklahoma Man Gets LCatrike Rider
|  `* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets LCatrike Rider
|   `* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing BTom Kunich
|    `* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets LCatrike Rider
|     `- Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing BTom Kunich
`* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist TopH
 `* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang MCatrike Rider
  +* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist ToTom Kunich
  |`- Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang MCatrike Rider
  `* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist ToFrank Krygowski
   `* Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang MCatrike Rider
    `- Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist Tofunkma...@hotmail.com

1
Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<gtdalh9g1e5c357s07seuv27ibie4svprs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66540&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66540

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Oklahoma_Man_Gets_L
ife_In_Prison_After
_Killing_Bicyclist_
To_“Impress”_Gang_M
embers
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 08:46:50 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 12:46 UTC

Codefendant Banks testified in court that on the day of the crime,
both men were armed. Blevins told him there was a silver vehicle
following people and directed Banks to drive in the area to look for
the silver vehicle. Instead, the defendants saw an African American
male on a bicycle ahead of them closest to the driver’s side of the
car. Banks stated that Blevins propped himself up, sitting on the
ledge of an open front passenger window, and fired multiple times
across the hood of the vehicle hitting the man. Banks quickly drove
away from the scene.

During the interview, he also told detectives that he recently joined
the Savage Boys and that during the shooting he “didn’t want these
guys thinking my loyalty wasn’t with them.” He said he wanted the
shooting to “look good” so that Banks would give him the “okay” to be
admitted into the gang. Blevins chose not to testify at trial.

https://www.tampafp.com/oklahoma-man-gets-life-in-prison-after-killing-bicyclist-to-impress-gang-members/

No, a gun would not have kept the bicyclist safe from these killers,
but like many similar instances, it demonstrates how vulnerable we all
are to criminal violence.

Most all of us take protective actions against dangerous situations.
Most of us buckle out seat belts. Many wear helmets on bicycles and
motorcycles. Many still wear face masks when out in public.

Many are responding to the increasing crime statistics by taking
positive protective actions. Carrying a gun is a simple, relatively
easy protective action for those of us who know how to use them.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<ae5189b8-7c14-4707-a053-0c867a02ff5dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66546&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66546

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 09:07:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Oklahoma_Man_Gets_Life_In_Prison_After_Killing_B
icyclist_To_“Impress”_Gang_Members
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 16:07 UTC

On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 5:46:55 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> Codefendant Banks testified in court that on the day of the crime,
> both men were armed. Blevins told him there was a silver vehicle
> following people and directed Banks to drive in the area to look for
> the silver vehicle. Instead, the defendants saw an African American
> male on a bicycle ahead of them closest to the driver’s side of the
> car. Banks stated that Blevins propped himself up, sitting on the
> ledge of an open front passenger window, and fired multiple times
> across the hood of the vehicle hitting the man. Banks quickly drove
> away from the scene.
>
> During the interview, he also told detectives that he recently joined
> the Savage Boys and that during the shooting he “didn’t want these
> guys thinking my loyalty wasn’t with them.” He said he wanted the
> shooting to “look good” so that Banks would give him the “okay” to be
> admitted into the gang. Blevins chose not to testify at trial.
>
> https://www.tampafp.com/oklahoma-man-gets-life-in-prison-after-killing-bicyclist-to-impress-gang-members/
>

> No, a gun would not have kept the bicyclist safe from these killers,
> but like many similar instances, it demonstrates how vulnerable we all
> are to criminal violence.
>
> Most all of us take protective actions against dangerous situations.
> Most of us buckle out seat belts. Many wear helmets on bicycles and
> motorcycles. Many still wear face masks when out in public.
>
> Many are responding to the increasing crime statistics by taking
> positive protective actions. Carrying a gun is a simple, relatively
> easy protective action for those of us who know how to use them.
According to Krygowski who purposely choses to live in an all white area, the world is totally safe and you have no need to either ride to the right or carry a means of self defense. Certainly a gun would not protect you 9 times out of 10 if someone wants to attack you while you are riding. But that is your choice and not that of the cowardly Krygowski. If h4e told me I should move out of "that hellhole" to my face I would snap his twig neck and leave his body laying where he had stood.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<p8ralhl7v5b6ghup3qte74c168ke62fl9s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66549&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66549

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Oklahoma_Man_Gets_L
ife_In_Prison_After
_Killing_Bicyclist_
To_“Impress”_Gang_M
embers
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 12:34:45 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 16:34 UTC

On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 09:07:53 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 5:46:55 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> Codefendant Banks testified in court that on the day of the crime,
>> both men were armed. Blevins told him there was a silver vehicle
>> following people and directed Banks to drive in the area to look for
>> the silver vehicle. Instead, the defendants saw an African American
>> male on a bicycle ahead of them closest to the driver’s side of the
>> car. Banks stated that Blevins propped himself up, sitting on the
>> ledge of an open front passenger window, and fired multiple times
>> across the hood of the vehicle hitting the man. Banks quickly drove
>> away from the scene.
>>
>> During the interview, he also told detectives that he recently joined
>> the Savage Boys and that during the shooting he “didn’t want these
>> guys thinking my loyalty wasn’t with them.” He said he wanted the
>> shooting to “look good” so that Banks would give him the “okay” to be
>> admitted into the gang. Blevins chose not to testify at trial.
>>
>> https://www.tampafp.com/oklahoma-man-gets-life-in-prison-after-killing-bicyclist-to-impress-gang-members/
>>

>> No, a gun would not have kept the bicyclist safe from these killers,
>> but like many similar instances, it demonstrates how vulnerable we all
>> are to criminal violence.
>>
>> Most all of us take protective actions against dangerous situations.
>> Most of us buckle out seat belts. Many wear helmets on bicycles and
>> motorcycles. Many still wear face masks when out in public.
>>
>> Many are responding to the increasing crime statistics by taking
>> positive protective actions. Carrying a gun is a simple, relatively
>> easy protective action for those of us who know how to use them.
>According to Krygowski who purposely choses to live in an all white area, the world is totally safe and you have no need to either ride to the right or carry a means of self defense. Certainly a gun would not protect you 9 times out of 10 if someone wants to attack you while you are riding. But that is your choice and not that of the cowardly Krygowski. If h4e told me I should move out of "that hellhole" to my face I would snap his twig neck and leave his body laying where he had stood.

Had I had the gun where I have it now, it would definitely have
prevented my shirt from being grabbed, ripped, and leaving an ugly red
abrasion on my neck. Had I been riding a two-wheeler, he would have
probably pulled me over onto the ground. As it was, the force lifted
my left front wheel off the ground.

I don't really expect that to happen to me again, but if I were again
to see a rough looking character approaching the trail and
subsequently standing on it's edge in an aggressive posture, he'd be
facing a gun.

The police told me that the location had been a problem area, and I
haven't noticed any more encampments there, so perhaps they've taken
care of the situation.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<88a432cd-f3e3-490c-bef3-91b192328fd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66552&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66552

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 10:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
icyclist_To_“Impress”_Gang_Members
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 17:19 UTC

On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 9:34:49 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> [...]
> Had I had the gun where I have it now, it would definitely have
> prevented my shirt from being grabbed, ripped, and leaving an ugly red
> abrasion on my neck. Had I been riding a two-wheeler, he would have
> probably pulled me over onto the ground. As it was, the force lifted
> my left front wheel off the ground.
>
> I don't really expect that to happen to me again, but if I were again
> to see a rough looking character approaching the trail and
> subsequently standing on it's edge in an aggressive posture, he'd be
> facing a gun.
>
> The police told me that the location had been a problem area, and I
> haven't noticed any more encampments there, so perhaps they've taken

The last man to attack me was just 10 years ago and he was a college student without any brains. I hurt him a lot worse than I intended and since then no one has bothered me or even looked like they would. I don't carry a gun but I recognize the Constitutional rights of other to do so unlike Krygowski who doesn't believe in the founding documents of this country.

Since Frank does not agree with the Constitution why doesn't he get out of this hell-hole and move to a country that more fits his style? People aren't allowed to carry guns in Jolly Old so he could move there.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<tj3tlq$1b7bq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66554&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66554

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re:_Oklahoma_Man_Gets_Life_In_Prison_After_Killing_Bicy
clist_To_“Impress”_Gang_Members
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 13:29:30 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 17:29 UTC

On 10/23/2022 1:19 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> I don't carry a gun...

Congratulations. You're not among the very few that are the most timid
and paranoid.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<h00blhhm3fvh4drdqvan8oc71li8mdn3dd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66558&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66558

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
ife_In_Prison_After
_Killing_Bicyclist_
To_“Impress”_Gang_M
embers
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 13:55:36 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 17:55 UTC

On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 13:29:30 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 10/23/2022 1:19 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>
>> I don't carry a gun...
>
>Congratulations. You're not among the very few that are the most timid
>and paranoid.

Yet Frank says he's afraid to ride in bike lanes and he admits he's
afraid of having cars and trucks driving to close to him and he takes
aggressive actions to prevent it. All that paranoia about other people
who probably have no intent to harm him and will likely do everything
reasonable to keep from harming him.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<0f2blh5aurkd11ub4mfvbpufocahg5ah6g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66561&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66561

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
ife_In_Prison_After
_Killing_Bicyclist_
To_“Impress”_Gang_M
embers
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 14:37:31 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 18:37 UTC

On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 10:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 9:34:49 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 09:07:53 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >According to Krygowski who purposely choses to live in an all white area, the world is totally safe and you have no need to either ride to the right or carry a means of self defense. Certainly a gun would not protect you 9 times out of 10 if someone wants to attack you while you are riding. But that is your choice and not that of the cowardly Krygowski. If h4e told me I should move out of "that hellhole" to my face I would snap his twig neck and leave his body laying where he had stood.
>> Had I had the gun where I have it now, it would definitely have
>> prevented my shirt from being grabbed, ripped, and leaving an ugly red
>> abrasion on my neck. Had I been riding a two-wheeler, he would have
>> probably pulled me over onto the ground. As it was, the force lifted
>> my left front wheel off the ground.
>>
>> I don't really expect that to happen to me again, but if I were again
>> to see a rough looking character approaching the trail and
>> subsequently standing on it's edge in an aggressive posture, he'd be
>> facing a gun.
>>
>> The police told me that the location had been a problem area, and I
>> haven't noticed any more encampments there, so perhaps they've taken
>> care of the situation.
>
>The last man to attack me was just 10 years ago and he was a college student without any brains. I hurt him a lot worse than I intended and since then no one has bothered me or even looked like they would. I don't carry a gun but I recognize the Constitutional rights of other to do so unlike Krygowski who doesn't believe in the founding documents of this country.
>
>Since Frank does not agree with the Constitution why doesn't he get out of this hell-hole and move to a country that more fits his style? People aren't allowed to carry guns in Jolly Old so he could move there.

Frank says he's not afraid of guns and he sometimes goes shooting with
friends. He also has political associations with other gun sissies who
insist they should be banned, so it's very likely he's lying about his
shooting activities. His credibility is suspect, after his Florida
gated community nonsense.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<a6ec9ce8-6403-48be-99a9-15ee9ea3a76en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66568&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66568

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 13:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
icyclist_To_“Impress”_Gang_Members
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 20:43 UTC

On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 11:37:34 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 10:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 9:34:49 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:

> >> Had I had the gun where I have it now, it would definitely have
> >> prevented my shirt from being grabbed, ripped, and leaving an ugly red
> >> abrasion on my neck. Had I been riding a two-wheeler, he would have
> >> probably pulled me over onto the ground. As it was, the force lifted
> >> my left front wheel off the ground.
> >>
> >> I don't really expect that to happen to me again, but if I were again
> >> to see a rough looking character approaching the trail and
> >> subsequently standing on it's edge in an aggressive posture, he'd be
> >> facing a gun.
> >>
> >> The police told me that the location had been a problem area, and I
> >> haven't noticed any more encampments there, so perhaps they've taken
> >> care of the situation.
> >
> >The last man to attack me was just 10 years ago and he was a college student without any brains. I hurt him a lot worse than I intended and since then no one has bothered me or even looked like they would. I don't carry a gun but I recognize the Constitutional rights of other to do so unlike Krygowski who doesn't believe in the founding documents of this country.
> >
> >Since Frank does not agree with the Constitution why doesn't he get out of this hell-hole and move to a country that more fits his style? People aren't allowed to carry guns in Jolly Old so he could move there.
> Frank says he's not afraid of guns and he sometimes goes shooting with
> friends. He also has political associations with other gun sissies who
> insist they should be banned, so it's very likely he's lying about his
> shooting activities. His credibility is suspect, after his Florida
> gated community nonsense.

Well, we know that he lives in an all white neighborhood in a largely white suburb where the blacks know where their place is. He makes every possible false claim about a Constitutional right. Since he is so entirely against freedom of any sort I really do believe that he should move from that hell hole and out to a country that thinks more he does., The closest would be Venezuela. His claim to have gone shooting with friends is so suspect that we only have to look at his continuous string of lies - he claimed that he always took the lane and just two postings later said that he never said such a thing and that he only takes the lane when he there isn't any other way.. As a bicycle rider (I am beginning to think that this is a stretch after recent comments. I'm now getting the idea that Liebermann puts in more miles as he has shown with his Strava sharing.) he does see the value of bicycle lanes and bike paths are expensive. Considering where he lives the next thing out of his mouth will be that he has black friends. They only live 15 miles away where they belong.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<ptbblhdmpojsr57mb4kvq5kjb34h864pus@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66572&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66572

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
ife_In_Prison_After
_Killing_Bicyclist_
To_“Impress”_Gang_M
embers
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 17:19:01 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 21:19 UTC

On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 13:43:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 11:37:34 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 10:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >The last man to attack me was just 10 years ago and he was a college student without any brains. I hurt him a lot worse than I intended and since then no one has bothered me or even looked like they would. I don't carry a gun but I recognize the Constitutional rights of other to do so unlike Krygowski who doesn't believe in the founding documents of this country.
>> >
>> >Since Frank does not agree with the Constitution why doesn't he get out of this hell-hole and move to a country that more fits his style? People aren't allowed to carry guns in Jolly Old so he could move there.
>> Frank says he's not afraid of guns and he sometimes goes shooting with
>> friends. He also has political associations with other gun sissies who
>> insist they should be banned, so it's very likely he's lying about his
>> shooting activities. His credibility is suspect, after his Florida
>> gated community nonsense.
>
>Well, we know that he lives in an all white neighborhood in a largely white suburb where the blacks know where their place is. He makes every possible false claim about a Constitutional right. Since he is so entirely against freedom of any sort I really do believe that he should move from that hell hole and out to a country that thinks more he does., The closest would be Venezuela. His claim to have gone shooting with friends is so suspect that we only have to look at his continuous string of lies - he claimed that he always took the lane and just two postings later said that he never said such a thing and that he only takes the lane when he there isn't any other way. As a bicycle rider (I am beginning to think that this is a stretch after recent comments. I'm now getting the idea that Liebermann puts in more miles as he has shown with his Strava sharing.) he does see the value of bicycle lanes and bike paths are expensive. Considering where he lives the next thing out of his mouth
>will be that he has black friends. They only live 15 miles away where they belong.

He also claims that none of the bicyclists he knows and rides with
ever carry guns. He also says that some of them are policemen, which
makes that claim rather spurious. Many LEOs carry guns almost
everywhere they go and some pretty powerful handguns can easily be
concealed in top bar bags, which are pretty common where I ride, even
on skinny-tire, curly-bar bikes. That's exactly how I'd carry one if I
still rode a diamond frame, although my little .380 would probably be
too big. I'd probably have to go to one of these, since I'll only
carry hammer fired DA SA guns.

https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/specSheets/5460.html

That thing is also pretty good protection from bears, too, but too
limited in capacity. My little Bersa carries nine including one in the
chamber.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<75b164c8-a8a8-440f-a234-16c89aa76135n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66579&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66579

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 16:07:14 -0700 (PDT)
icyclist_To_“Impress”_Gang_Members
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 23:07 UTC

On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 2:19:05 PM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 13:43:25 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 11:37:34 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:

> >> Frank says he's not afraid of guns and he sometimes goes shooting with
> >> friends. He also has political associations with other gun sissies who
> >> insist they should be banned, so it's very likely he's lying about his
> >> shooting activities. His credibility is suspect, after his Florida
> >> gated community nonsense.
> >
> >Well, we know that he lives in an all white neighborhood in a largely white suburb where the blacks know where their place is. He makes every possible false claim about a Constitutional right. Since he is so entirely against freedom of any sort I really do believe that he should move from that hell hole and out to a country that thinks more he does., The closest would be Venezuela. His claim to have gone shooting with friends is so suspect that we only have to look at his continuous string of lies - he claimed that he always took the lane and just two postings later said that he never said such a thing and that he only takes the lane when he there isn't any other way. As a bicycle rider (I am beginning to think that this is a stretch after recent comments. I'm now getting the idea that Liebermann puts in more miles as he has shown with his Strava sharing.) he does see the value of bicycle lanes and bike paths are expensive. Considering where he lives the next thing out of his mouth
> >will be that he has black friends. They only live 15 miles away where they belong.
> He also claims that none of the bicyclists he knows and rides with
> ever carry guns. He also says that some of them are policemen, which
> makes that claim rather spurious. Many LEOs carry guns almost
> everywhere they go and some pretty powerful handguns can easily be
> concealed in top bar bags, which are pretty common where I ride, even
> on skinny-tire, curly-bar bikes. That's exactly how I'd carry one if I
> still rode a diamond frame, although my little .380 would probably be
> too big. I'd probably have to go to one of these, since I'll only
> carry hammer fired DA SA guns.
>
> https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/specSheets/5460.html
>
> That thing is also pretty good protection from bears, too, but too
> limited in capacity. My little Bersa carries nine including one in the
> chamber.

I would be extremely suspicious of anything Frank says. As far as I know, ALL police jurisdictions require police to qualify at least once a year and to carry a firearm at all times. When they retire, they must qualify to carry a firearm on them and usually do. ALL of the cops I know including my cousin and my best friend, carry guns at all times. You cannot tell they are carrying but they are. I prefer a police special .38 with a 4" barrel. Automatics are handy because you can reload them simply by inserting a new clip.. I have a couple of boxes of .357 that I hand loaded. I don't know what happened to all of my firearms after my concussion. My suspicion is that my younger brother who is afraid of guns got me to sell them. But he says no.

But the .357 loads are probably too hot for anything but a very heavy frame pistol so I might get a Winchester lever action that takes that caliber (1892?). Contrary to Gavin Loathsome, there is still open land in California and you can still get a deer license.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To “Impress” Gang Members

<tj9l37$27civ$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66666&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66666

From: wNOSP...@gmail.org (pH)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To
“Impress” Gang Members
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:39:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pH - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:39 UTC

On 2022-10-23, Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

> Codefendant Banks testified in court that on the day of the crime,
> both men were armed. Blevins told him there was a silver vehicle
> following people and directed Banks to drive in the area to look for
> the silver vehicle. Instead, the defendants saw an African American
> male on a bicycle ahead of them closest to the driver’s side of the
> car. Banks stated that Blevins propped himself up, sitting on the
> ledge of an open front passenger window, and fired multiple times
> across the hood of the vehicle hitting the man. Banks quickly drove
> away from the scene.
>
> During the interview, he also told detectives that he recently joined
> the Savage Boys and that during the shooting he “didn’t want these
> guys thinking my loyalty wasn’t with them.” He said he wanted the
> shooting to “look good” so that Banks would give him the “okay” to be
> admitted into the gang. Blevins chose not to testify at trial.
>
> https://www.tampafp.com/oklahoma-man-gets-life-in-prison-after-killing-bicyclist-to-impress-gang-members/
>

> No, a gun would not have kept the bicyclist safe from these killers,
> but like many similar instances, it demonstrates how vulnerable we all
> are to criminal violence.
>
> Most all of us take protective actions against dangerous situations.
> Most of us buckle out seat belts. Many wear helmets on bicycles and
> motorcycles. Many still wear face masks when out in public.
>
> Many are responding to the increasing crime statistics by taking
> positive protective actions. Carrying a gun is a simple, relatively
> easy protective action for those of us who know how to use them.

It's so depressing to see this. The poor guy was just minding his own
business.

This is part of the reason I hate cities, not that a lonely country road
would be immune.

We live in odd times...or maybe it's ever been thus.

pH in Aptos

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang Members

<37oglh9lh02f9cg4raabmplu4fotbe9mpk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66668&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66668

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang Members
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 18:26:00 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:26 UTC

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:39:51 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOSPAMp@gmail.org>
wrote:

>On 2022-10-23, Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>
>> Codefendant Banks testified in court that on the day of the crime,
>> both men were armed. Blevins told him there was a silver vehicle
>> following people and directed Banks to drive in the area to look for
>> the silver vehicle. Instead, the defendants saw an African American
>> male on a bicycle ahead of them closest to the driver?s side of the
>> car. Banks stated that Blevins propped himself up, sitting on the
>> ledge of an open front passenger window, and fired multiple times
>> across the hood of the vehicle hitting the man. Banks quickly drove
>> away from the scene.
>>
>> During the interview, he also told detectives that he recently joined
>> the Savage Boys and that during the shooting he ?didn?t want these
>> guys thinking my loyalty wasn?t with them.? He said he wanted the
>> shooting to ?look good? so that Banks would give him the ?okay? to be
>> admitted into the gang. Blevins chose not to testify at trial.
>>
>> https://www.tampafp.com/oklahoma-man-gets-life-in-prison-after-killing-bicyclist-to-impress-gang-members/
>>

>> No, a gun would not have kept the bicyclist safe from these killers,
>> but like many similar instances, it demonstrates how vulnerable we all
>> are to criminal violence.
>>
>> Most all of us take protective actions against dangerous situations.
>> Most of us buckle out seat belts. Many wear helmets on bicycles and
>> motorcycles. Many still wear face masks when out in public.
>>
>> Many are responding to the increasing crime statistics by taking
>> positive protective actions. Carrying a gun is a simple, relatively
>> easy protective action for those of us who know how to use them.
>>

>It's so depressing to see this. The poor guy was just minding his own
>business.
>
>This is part of the reason I hate cities, not that a lonely country road
>would be immune.
>
>We live in odd times...or maybe it's ever been thus.

I think it's never been this bad. Cities have always been more
dangerous than "lonely country roads," but recently, crime has crept
further and further out of the cities.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/violent-crime-rural-america-homicides-pandemic-increase-11654864251

>pH in Aptos

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang Members

<0da13c04-4cb1-4a47-a1b2-6ae368fe2f1fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66672&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66672

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
?Impress? Gang Members
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 23:30 UTC

On Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 3:26:03 PM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:39:51 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
> wrote:
> >On 2022-10-23, Catrike Rider <sol...@drafting.not> wrote:
> >>
> >> Codefendant Banks testified in court that on the day of the crime,
> >> both men were armed. Blevins told him there was a silver vehicle
> >> following people and directed Banks to drive in the area to look for
> >> the silver vehicle. Instead, the defendants saw an African American
> >> male on a bicycle ahead of them closest to the driver?s side of the
> >> car. Banks stated that Blevins propped himself up, sitting on the
> >> ledge of an open front passenger window, and fired multiple times
> >> across the hood of the vehicle hitting the man. Banks quickly drove
> >> away from the scene.
> >>
> >> During the interview, he also told detectives that he recently joined
> >> the Savage Boys and that during the shooting he ?didn?t want these
> >> guys thinking my loyalty wasn?t with them.? He said he wanted the
> >> shooting to ?look good? so that Banks would give him the ?okay? to be
> >> admitted into the gang. Blevins chose not to testify at trial.
> >>
> >> https://www.tampafp.com/oklahoma-man-gets-life-in-prison-after-killing-bicyclist-to-impress-gang-members/
> >>

> >> No, a gun would not have kept the bicyclist safe from these killers,
> >> but like many similar instances, it demonstrates how vulnerable we all
> >> are to criminal violence.
> >>
> >> Most all of us take protective actions against dangerous situations.
> >> Most of us buckle out seat belts. Many wear helmets on bicycles and
> >> motorcycles. Many still wear face masks when out in public.
> >>
> >> Many are responding to the increasing crime statistics by taking
> >> positive protective actions. Carrying a gun is a simple, relatively
> >> easy protective action for those of us who know how to use them.
> >>

> >It's so depressing to see this. The poor guy was just minding his own
> >business.
> >
> >This is part of the reason I hate cities, not that a lonely country road
> >would be immune.
> >
> >We live in odd times...or maybe it's ever been thus.
> I think it's never been this bad. Cities have always been more
> dangerous than "lonely country roads," but recently, crime has crept
> further and further out of the cities.
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/violent-crime-rural-america-homicides-pandemic-increase-11654864251

If you don't prosecute crimes it give criminals incentive to continue. This all started with the Democrat talking point that relatively minor crimes were being punished too vigorously. This is EASY to say especially to mom's whose drug addicted children get 10 years in the can. They don't see the cost of those same children making new addicts to sell drugs to so that they can afford their own habits.

Exactly how many children have been killed now because heavy heroin users can get the old rush by using Chinese fentanyl. Then they can't afford the habit for a couple of days, go into a rehab center, come out two weeks later, take ONE fentanyl tab and have heart failure 2 minutes later.

It made for a real easy speech to say that a drug addict shouldn't get 10 years (actually 5 with time off for good behavior) but that time gave them time to get completely clean. It saved the life of mommy's little boy and the Republicans NEVER made that point at all. Little baby boy won't ever get a good job? Exactly who thinks that an addict is going to have the intellect to get a good job?

I saw it all, when someone tells me that Marijuana isn't a gateway drug they clearly haven't a clue. Sure, a certain percentage will never graduate, but most of them will.

Someone telling you that alcohol is a gateway drug is in the same class - an idiot with a big fucking mouth. There is no high from a glass of wine regardless of the fact that it too is addicting. Are you aware that advertising hard alcohol is illegal in this country? So the alcohol makers pay movie producers to put scene after scene after scene in movies of people drinking.. Shit, whiskey doesn't taste good, it just gets you drunk. At least beer and wine taste good.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang Members

<85tglhh2bvp83ubde2afjpqdpnhiovute9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66674&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66674

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 19:55:19 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 23:55 UTC

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:30:08 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 3:26:03 PM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:39:51 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOS...@gmail.org>
>> wrote:

>> >It's so depressing to see this. The poor guy was just minding his own
>> >business.
>> >
>> >This is part of the reason I hate cities, not that a lonely country road
>> >would be immune.
>> >
>> >We live in odd times...or maybe it's ever been thus.
>> I think it's never been this bad. Cities have always been more
>> dangerous than "lonely country roads," but recently, crime has crept
>> further and further out of the cities.
>>
>> https://www.wsj.com/articles/violent-crime-rural-america-homicides-pandemic-increase-11654864251
>
>If you don't prosecute crimes it give criminals incentive to continue. This all started with the Democrat talking point that relatively minor crimes were being punished too vigorously. This is EASY to say especially to mom's whose drug addicted children get 10 years in the can. They don't see the cost of those same children making new addicts to sell drugs to so that they can afford their own habits.
>
>Exactly how many children have been killed now because heavy heroin users can get the old rush by using Chinese fentanyl. Then they can't afford the habit for a couple of days, go into a rehab center, come out two weeks later, take ONE fentanyl tab and have heart failure 2 minutes later.
>
>It made for a real easy speech to say that a drug addict shouldn't get 10 years (actually 5 with time off for good behavior) but that time gave them time to get completely clean. It saved the life of mommy's little boy and the Republicans NEVER made that point at all. Little baby boy won't ever get a good job? Exactly who thinks that an addict is going to have the intellect to get a good job?
>
>I saw it all, when someone tells me that Marijuana isn't a gateway drug they clearly haven't a clue. Sure, a certain percentage will never graduate, but most of them will.
>
>Someone telling you that alcohol is a gateway drug is in the same class - an idiot with a big fucking mouth. There is no high from a glass of wine regardless of the fact that it too is addicting. Are you aware that advertising hard alcohol is illegal in this country? So the alcohol makers pay movie producers to put scene after scene after scene in movies of people drinking. Shit, whiskey doesn't taste good, it just gets you drunk. At least beer and wine taste good.

I disagree that whiskey doesn't taste good. I'm rather partial to a
good bourbon. I also enjoy a high quality brandy/Cognac when I want
something a little more mellow. I haven't been anywhere near drunk
since my first year in college, and then it was rotgut beer that
today, I'd only use to boil brats.

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang Members

<tja4pp$2916j$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66682&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66682

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
?Impress? Gang Members
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:07:53 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 02:07 UTC

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1705E/production/_127320349_optimised-us-violent-crimes-nc.png.webp

Try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang Members

<kkthlh9r5en1bhp06q9bi6i27b6m9upsmc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66685&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66685

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 04:58:06 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 08:58 UTC

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:07:53 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 10/25/2022 6:26 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 21:39:51 -0000 (UTC), pH <wNOSPAMp@gmail.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> It's so depressing to see this. The poor guy was just minding his own
>>> business.
>>>
>>> This is part of the reason I hate cities, not that a lonely country road
>>> would be immune.
>>>
>>> We live in odd times...or maybe it's ever been thus.
>>
>> I think it's never been this bad.
>

>https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1705E/production/_127320349_optimised-us-violent-crimes-nc.png.webp
>
>Try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

Leftst potatoheads like to use the crime rate as their crime statistic
which ignores the fact that the number of crimes increased, just not
as fast as the population.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191134/reported-murder-and-nonnegligent-manslaughter-cases-in-the-us-since-1990/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191137/reported-forcible-rape-cases-in-the-usa-since-1990/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191143/reported-aggravated-assault-cases-in-the-us-since-1990/

Re: Oklahoma Man Gets Life In Prison After Killing Bicyclist To ?Impress? Gang Members

<e148c93e-8a57-4e33-8612-103b326b9f05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66732&group=rec.bicycles.tech#66732

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 05:08:09 -0700 (PDT)
?Impress? Gang Members
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 12:08 UTC

On Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 4:58:07 AM UTC-4, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:07:53 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >On 10/25/2022 6:26 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:

> >> I think it's never been this bad.
> >

> >https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1705E/production/_127320349_optimised-us-violent-crimes-nc.png.webp
> >
> >Try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
> Leftst potatoheads like to use the crime rate as their crime statistic
> which ignores the fact that the number of crimes increased, just not
> as fast as the population.
>
> https://www.statista.com/statistics/191134/reported-murder-and-nonnegligent-manslaughter-cases-in-the-us-since-1990/
>
> https://www.statista.com/statistics/191137/reported-forcible-rape-cases-in-the-usa-since-1990/
>
> https://www.statista.com/statistics/191143/reported-aggravated-assault-cases-in-the-us-since-1990/

Failed statistics too, didn't ya kitty.....