Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 16:04:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Relativity and accelerating BBs
From: sepp...@yahoo.com (sepp623@yahoo.com)
 by: sepp623@yahoo.com - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:04 UTC

On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 10:45:57 AM UTC-5, tjrob137 wrote:
> On 10/27/19 2:59 PM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> > I personally do not see the value of ascribing “one true cause”
> > for our descriptions of nature.
>
> There isn't. A physical theory is a set of axioms and theorems plus
> definitions of the symbols that appear in them [#]. But in both
> mathematics and physics, the distinction between an axiom and a theorem
> is a HISTORICAL distinction, not a mathematical one. For most sets of
> axioms and theorems there are many different choices for a set of axioms
> that can be used to derive the entire set. SR is no different, and there
> are many different sets of axioms that can be used to derive the entire
> theory.
>
> [#] This last is what distinguishes a physical theory
> from mathematics, because some of the symbols are defined
> in terms of the world we inhabit, rather than abstractly.
>
> Tom Roberts
I did not find or understand what you are referring to.
David Seppala
Bastrop TX

Re: Relativity and accelerating BBs

<sgrevd$1h1f$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66712&group=sci.physics.relativity#66712

From: ftp...@uue.ca (ftp)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 21:16:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: ftp - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 21:16 UTC

sepp623@yahoo.com wrote:

>> [#] This last is what distinguishes a physical theory from mathematics,
>> because some of the symbols are defined in terms of the world we
>> inhabit, rather than abstractly.
>>
>> Tom Roberts
> I did not find or understand what you are referring to.
> David Seppala Bastrop TX

and finally a bit of push-back, but like not enough. We need more of you
guys.

Man Urinates On Dairy Queen Counter Over Mask Mandate Policy
https://www.bitchute.com/video/mnXCz29AX4bq/

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Relativity and accelerating BBs