"Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance." -- Cal Keegan

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.

SubjectAuthor
* Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.Richard Hertz
+- Cretin Richard Hertz back to posting imbecilitiesDono.
+- Re: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.mitchr...@gmail.com
+- Re: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.Xavier
`- Re: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.Odd Bodkin

1
Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.

<f121845e-4d62-4d46-a4e7-5890159b3b80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66771&group=sci.physics.relativity#66771

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:59 UTC

This video, broadcasted in different TV networks by 1963, two
physicists explain how time dilation is proved with an experiment,
by moving instruments into a cave at a mountain close to MIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnao7JWo8mA

The part at which symmetry between selected reference frames at rest
has been eliminated, so the shame of such ridiculous claim was buried.

Originally, it was asserted that there were two chances:

1) Select Earth as the frame at rest (in the video)
2) Select muon as the frame at rest (eliminated). In this part, it was
Earth moving toward any given muon at a speed near of that of the light.

Very touching to see what physicists of that epoch did, in order to put
food on the table. Today, the relativistic community is much more
cautious about doing such embarrassing demonstrations.

Next, will follow a 1971 Hafele and Keating Experiment explanation
and analysis about how data was fudged, and why the experiment is
as idiotic as their protagonists (plus the herd of followers since then).

Cretin Richard Hertz back to posting imbecilities

<09c1a975-2885-418c-a501-6ca7733c965dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66772&group=sci.physics.relativity#66772

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cretin Richard Hertz back to posting imbecilities
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 18:03 UTC

On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 10:59:02 AM UTC-7, crank Richard Hertz wrote:

> Very touching to see what physicists of that epoch did,

Cretinoid,

The physicists in the video simply applied the principle of relativity. You are as cretin as Ed Lake (but far more poisonous).

Re: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.

<d6b804dc-9d52-4578-a771-fb442e631a0fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66778&group=sci.physics.relativity#66778

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 12:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:13 UTC

On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 10:59:02 AM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> This video, broadcasted in different TV networks by 1963, two
> physicists explain how time dilation is proved with an experiment,
> by moving instruments into a cave at a mountain close to MIT.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnao7JWo8mA
>
> The part at which symmetry between selected reference frames at rest
> has been eliminated, so the shame of such ridiculous claim was buried.
>
> Originally, it was asserted that there were two chances:
>
> 1) Select Earth as the frame at rest (in the video)
> 2) Select muon as the frame at rest (eliminated). In this part, it was
> Earth moving toward any given muon at a speed near of that of the light.
>
> Very touching to see what physicists of that epoch did, in order to put
> food on the table. Today, the relativistic community is much more
> cautious about doing such embarrassing demonstrations.
>
> Next, will follow a 1971 Hafele and Keating Experiment explanation
> and analysis about how data was fudged, and why the experiment is
> as idiotic as their protagonists (plus the herd of followers since then).

A muon is not a clock so how would we measure its time?

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.

<sgtten$4gc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66782&group=sci.physics.relativity#66782

From: asd...@vbc.mx (Xavier)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:35:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Xavier - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:35 UTC

Richard Hertz wrote:

> 1) Select Earth as the frame at rest (in the video)
> 2) Select muon as the frame at rest (eliminated). In this part, it was
> Earth moving toward any given muon at a speed near of that of the
> light.

Japanese PM quits after blocking Moderna Vax, promoting Ivermectin

Re: Time dilation proof using cosmic muons. 1963 MIT&NSF video.

<sgu17q$1u09$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66787&group=sci.physics.relativity#66787

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:40:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:40 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> This video, broadcasted in different TV networks by 1963, two
> physicists explain how time dilation is proved with an experiment,

Supported, not proved. Did you learn nothing about science in school?

--
Odd Bodkin — Maker of fine toys, tools, tables