From: be6f51b3...@example.com (Sheck)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
Subject: Re: Removing roll marked material data from aluminum bar stock
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 03:45:04 +0000
 by: Sheck - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 03:45 UTC

What did you come up with ? I too have a customer that requests the markings to be removed . My customer does pay extra for it but it's still alot of time to hit each part with scotchbrite . I've been looking for a more efficient way . I use a surface conditioning tool with a scotchbrite "drum" . Does speed things up but there has to be a better way

--
For full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalworking/removing-roll-marked-material-data-from-aluminum-bar-stock-165601-.htm

Re: Removing roll marked material data from aluminum bar stock

<tmtdhm$1bfi$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6715&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#6715

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 12:22:30 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Thu, 8 Dec 2022 19:22 UTC

On 12/7/2022 8:45 PM, Sheck wrote:
> What did you come up with ? I too have a customer that requests the
> markings to be removed . My customer does pay extra for it but it's
> still alot of time to hit each part with scotchbrite . I've been looking
> for a more efficient way . I use a surface conditioning tool with a
> scotchbrite "drum" . Does speed things up but there has to be a better way

Some wire wheels are softer than others. If removing the paint/ink
markings is all you need to do that is more than adequate, and will not
gum up like a surface conditioning belt or wheel. It still takes a
little time for each piece.

www.avg.com