A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

SubjectAuthor
* The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxPentcho Valev
+- Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxPython
+* Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxDono.
|+* Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxAthel Cornish-Bowden
||`- Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxDono.
|`- Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxZeta Reticuli
`* Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxPentcho Valev
 `* Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxLoy Gue
  `* Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxMichael Moroney
   `* Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxLoy Gue
    `* Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradoxmitchr...@gmail.com
     `- Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin ParadoxMaciej Wozniak

1
The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<bea45e45-ac00-4eb1-90aa-f4f1b9700ab5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67287&group=sci.physics.relativity#67287

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 05:24:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:24 UTC

Pirooz Mohazzabi, Qinghua Luo, Department of Mathematics and Physics, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA: "Despite many attempts that have been made to resolve the twin paradox, none of them have been successful." https://scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=111692

Theoretical physicists: "Who cares?"

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<613a0d13$0$3363$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67291&group=sci.physics.relativity#67291

Subject: Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
From: pyt...@python.invalid (Python)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 15:33:07 +0200
 by: Python - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 13:33 UTC

Pentcho Valev wrote:
> Pirooz Mohazzabi, Qinghua Luo, Department of Mathematics and Physics, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA: "Despite many attempts that have been made to resolve the twin paradox, none of them have been successful." https://scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=111692

The paper is utterly crankish... Especially section 3.1.

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<8d3beea7-dd1b-4482-8d92-223d93b022f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67293&group=sci.physics.relativity#67293

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 08:23:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 15:23 UTC

On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 5:24:45 AM UTC-7, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> Pirooz Mohazzabi, Qinghua Luo, Department of Mathematics and Physics, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA: "Despite many attempts that have been made to resolve the twin paradox, none of them have been successful." https://scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=111692

Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics is a predatory journal, will publish any crap for the money.

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<iq0tn6F3daaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67331&group=sci.physics.relativity#67331

From: acorn...@imm.cnrs.fr (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:26:29 +0200
 by: Athel Cornish-Bowden - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:26 UTC

On 2021-09-09 15:23:35 +0000, Dono. said:

> On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 5:24:45 AM UTC-7, Pentcho Valev wrote:
>> Pirooz Mohazzabi, Qinghua Luo, Department of Mathematics and Physics,
>> University of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA: "Despite many attempts that have
>> been made to resolve the twin paradox, none of them have been
>> successful."
>> https://scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=111692
> Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics is a predatory journal,
> will publish any crap for the money.

I thought that was probably the case. Pentcho could probably get a
paper pubished there if he had the money necessary.

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<18e098b8-6cb3-4006-b262-f0e8b46ca6c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67335&group=sci.physics.relativity#67335

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 06:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:53 UTC

The moving clock is slow, the stationary one is fast (ASYMMETRIC time dilation): https://youtu.be/Q1y3YnPgaY4?t=1157

This is non sequitur (doesn't follow from Einstein's 1905 postulates), but it implies TIME TRAVEL INTO THE FUTURE - the miracle (idiocy) that converted Einstein into a deity:

Thibault Damour: "The paradigm of the special relativistic upheaval of the usual concept of time is the twin paradox. Let us emphasize that this striking example of time dilation proves that time travel (towards the future) is possible. As a gedanken experiment (if we neglect practicalities such as the technology needed for reaching velocities comparable to the velocity of light, the cost of the fuel and the capacity of the traveller to sustain high accelerations), it shows that a sentient being can jump, "within a minute" (of his experienced time) arbitrarily far in the future, say sixty million years ahead, and see, and be part of, what (will) happen then on Earth. This is a clear way of realizing that the future "already exists" (as we can experience it "in a minute")." http://www.bourbaphy.fr/damourtemps.pdf

More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<4509470f-da04-481a-a955-c56d76d07e74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67336&group=sci.physics.relativity#67336

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 07:16:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:16 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 4:26:34 AM UTC-7, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
> On 2021-09-09 15:23:35 +0000, Dono. said:
>
> > On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 5:24:45 AM UTC-7, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> >> Pirooz Mohazzabi, Qinghua Luo, Department of Mathematics and Physics,
> >> University of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA: "Despite many attempts that have
> >> been made to resolve the twin paradox, none of them have been
> >> successful."
> >> https://scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=111692
> > Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics is a predatory journal,
> > will publish any crap for the money.
> I thought that was probably the case. Pentcho could probably get a
> paper pubished there if he had the money necessary.
Definitely, they publish any crap for the money

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<shg6ol$s4k$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67347&group=sci.physics.relativity#67347

From: zet...@reticuli.com (Zeta Reticuli)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 18:05:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Zeta Reticuli - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 18:05 UTC

Dono. wrote:

> On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 5:24:45 AM UTC-7, Pentcho Valev wrote:
>> Pirooz Mohazzabi, Qinghua Luo, Department of Mathematics and Physics,
>> University of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA: "Despite many attempts that have
>> been made to resolve the twin paradox, none of them have been
>> successful."
>> https://scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=111692
>
> Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics is a predatory journal, will
> publish any crap for the money.

may have to be sophisticated crap.

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<shitil$qeh$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67386&group=sci.physics.relativity#67386

From: loy...@gue.com (Loy Gue)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 18:46:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Loy Gue - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 18:46 UTC

Pentcho Valev wrote:

> This is non sequitur (doesn't follow from Einstein's 1905 postulates),
> but it implies TIME TRAVEL INTO THE FUTURE - the miracle (idiocy) that
> converted Einstein into a deity:

20 years after 9/11, I no longer recognize my country. The US has become
a malignant narcissist, infecting all it encounters https://on.rt.com/bgfs

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<shiv8h$1hrm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67387&group=sci.physics.relativity#67387

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 15:15:34 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 19:15 UTC

On 9/11/2021 2:46 PM, Loy Gue wrote:
> Pentcho Valev wrote:
>
>> This is non sequitur (doesn't follow from Einstein's 1905 postulates),
>> but it implies TIME TRAVEL INTO THE FUTURE - the miracle (idiocy) that
>> converted Einstein into a deity:
>
> 20 years after 9/11, I no longer recognize my country. The US has become
> a malignant narcissist, infecting all it encounters https://on.rt.com/bgfs

Your country is Russia, nymshifter. Doing your job as Putin's stooge.

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<shj0nk$vuo$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67388&group=sci.physics.relativity#67388

From: loy...@gue.com (Loy Gue)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 19:40:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Loy Gue - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 19:40 UTC

Michael Moroney wrote:

>>> This is non sequitur (doesn't follow from Einstein's 1905 postulates),
>>> but it implies TIME TRAVEL INTO THE FUTURE - the miracle (idiocy) that
>>> converted Einstein into a deity:
>>
>> 20 years after 9/11, I no longer recognize my country. The US has become
>> a malignant narcissist, infecting all it encounters
>> https://on.rt.com/bgfs
>
> Your country is Russia, nymshifter. Doing your job as Putin's stooge.

au contraire, I am a proud mexican. I earn my own pesos.

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<9437e730-b475-49db-96c9-65b5a31d7b25n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67389&group=sci.physics.relativity#67389

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:55:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 19:55 UTC

If the Twins separate equal and come back together equal
their clocks ought to be equal.

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox

<3d29304c-f562-4928-83b0-cb52ebbe0731n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67405&group=sci.physics.relativity#67405

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 23:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 06:28 UTC

On Saturday, 11 September 2021 at 21:55:52 UTC+2, mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
> If the Twins separate equal and come back together equal
> their clocks ought to be equal.

And they are; anyone can check GPS.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / The Schizophrenia of Einstein's Twin Paradox