From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Police identify bicyclist shot and killed on wooded road near Millennium Park
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 07:02:07 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 11:02 UTC

Updated: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:39 p.m.|Published: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:27
p.m.
KENT COUNTY, MI – Wyoming police identified Kane Allen Coronado, 18,
of White Cloud, as the bicyclist who was shot and killed Tuesday, Nov.
1, on Indian Mounds Drive near the Grand River.

He was shot in the neck around 2:50 p.m. in the 2200 block of Indian
Mounds, across the river from Millennium Park. Rescuers provided
medical help but he died at the scene, police Lt. Rory Allen said,
outside of police headquarters.

A person who was near the scene called 911 and tried to provide help.

The victim – initially reported to be 17 – was in the area visiting
friends. Police said that the victim was struck by one of several
bullets that were fired. A light-colored car was seen leaving the area
headed east on Indian Mounds, police said.
Indian Mounds Drive shooting

No arrests have been made. Police are trying to determine
circumstances of the shooting, Allen said.

When asked if the shooting was random, he said: “We don’t know at this
point.”

He said that police would have extra patrols in the area but said it
is still a safe place to visit. He urged visitors to take standard
precautions: be aware of surroundings, avoid going alone and carry a
cellphone.

The area where the killing occurred is a connector to Kent County
trail system and frequented by hikers, bicyclists, boaters and
fishermen.

The victim was an “avid bicyclist,” Allen said.

He asked anyone who was in the area from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. to call
Wyoming Department of Public Safety at 616-530-7300 or Silent Observer
at 616-774-2345.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2022/11/police-identify-bicyclist-killed-on-wooded-road-near-millennium-park.html

Re: Police identify bicyclist shot and killed on wooded road near Millennium Park

<27cdd0a9-60e7-4004-970e-864d0fbbfb40n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67361&group=rec.bicycles.tech#67361

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 08:26:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Police identify bicyclist shot and killed on wooded road near
Millennium Park
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:26 UTC

On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:02:11 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> Updated: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:39 p.m.|Published: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:27
> p.m.
>
> KENT COUNTY, MI – Wyoming police identified Kane Allen Coronado, 18,
> of White Cloud, as the bicyclist who was shot and killed Tuesday, Nov.
> 1, on Indian Mounds Drive near the Grand River.
>
> He was shot in the neck around 2:50 p.m. in the 2200 block of Indian
> Mounds, across the river from Millennium Park. Rescuers provided
> medical help but he died at the scene, police Lt. Rory Allen said,
> outside of police headquarters.
>
> A person who was near the scene called 911 and tried to provide help.
>
> The victim – initially reported to be 17 – was in the area visiting
> friends. Police said that the victim was struck by one of several
> bullets that were fired. A light-colored car was seen leaving the area
> headed east on Indian Mounds, police said.
> Indian Mounds Drive shooting
>
> No arrests have been made. Police are trying to determine
> circumstances of the shooting, Allen said.
>
> When asked if the shooting was random, he said: “We don’t know at this
> point.”
>
> He said that police would have extra patrols in the area but said it
> is still a safe place to visit. He urged visitors to take standard
> precautions: be aware of surroundings, avoid going alone and carry a
> cellphone.
>
> The area where the killing occurred is a connector to Kent County
> trail system and frequented by hikers, bicyclists, boaters and
> fishermen.
>
> The victim was an “avid bicyclist,” Allen said.
>
> He asked anyone who was in the area from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. to call
> Wyoming Department of Public Safety at 616-530-7300 or Silent Observer
> at 616-774-2345.
>
> https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2022/11/police-identify-bicyclist-killed-on-wooded-road-near-millennium-park.html

It is extremely difficult to hit a person in the neck except from extremely close range which would be obvious by the wound and would have been said. What do you want to bet that this was a stray bullet?

Re: Police identify bicyclist shot and killed on wooded road near Millennium Park

<7in7mh98t8nu2fodiiqfu8iapa6of41cnc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67362&group=rec.bicycles.tech#67362

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 11:31:03 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 15:31 UTC

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 08:26:24 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:02:11 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> Updated: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:39 p.m.|Published: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:27
>> p.m.
>>
>> KENT COUNTY, MI – Wyoming police identified Kane Allen Coronado, 18,
>> of White Cloud, as the bicyclist who was shot and killed Tuesday, Nov.
>> 1, on Indian Mounds Drive near the Grand River.
>>
>> He was shot in the neck around 2:50 p.m. in the 2200 block of Indian
>> Mounds, across the river from Millennium Park. Rescuers provided
>> medical help but he died at the scene, police Lt. Rory Allen said,
>> outside of police headquarters.
>>
>> A person who was near the scene called 911 and tried to provide help.
>>
>> The victim – initially reported to be 17 – was in the area visiting
>> friends. Police said that the victim was struck by one of several
>> bullets that were fired. A light-colored car was seen leaving the area
>> headed east on Indian Mounds, police said.
>> Indian Mounds Drive shooting
>>
>> No arrests have been made. Police are trying to determine
>> circumstances of the shooting, Allen said.
>>
>> When asked if the shooting was random, he said: “We don’t know at this
>> point.”
>>
>> He said that police would have extra patrols in the area but said it
>> is still a safe place to visit. He urged visitors to take standard
>> precautions: be aware of surroundings, avoid going alone and carry a
>> cellphone.
>>
>> The area where the killing occurred is a connector to Kent County
>> trail system and frequented by hikers, bicyclists, boaters and
>> fishermen.
>>
>> The victim was an “avid bicyclist,” Allen said.
>>
>> He asked anyone who was in the area from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. to call
>> Wyoming Department of Public Safety at 616-530-7300 or Silent Observer
>> at 616-774-2345.
>>
>> https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2022/11/police-identify-bicyclist-killed-on-wooded-road-near-millennium-park.html
>
>It is extremely difficult to hit a person in the neck except from extremely close range which would be obvious by the wound and would have been said. What do you want to bet that this was a stray bullet?

Might have been a syray bullet, might have been a poor shooter
shooting at his head or the middle of his back, might have been
something else. Makes no difference. He wasn't safe there.

Re: Police identify bicyclist shot and killed on wooded road near Millennium Park

<9d0e60f5-891a-4665-88b2-ce4196fc8880n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67389&group=rec.bicycles.tech#67389

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 13:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
Millennium Park
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 20:59 UTC

On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 8:31:06 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 08:26:24 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 4:02:11 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> >> Updated: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:39 p.m.|Published: Nov. 02, 2022, 4:27
> >> p.m.
> >>
> >> KENT COUNTY, MI – Wyoming police identified Kane Allen Coronado, 18,
> >> of White Cloud, as the bicyclist who was shot and killed Tuesday, Nov.
> >> 1, on Indian Mounds Drive near the Grand River.
> >>
> >> He was shot in the neck around 2:50 p.m. in the 2200 block of Indian
> >> Mounds, across the river from Millennium Park. Rescuers provided
> >> medical help but he died at the scene, police Lt. Rory Allen said,
> >> outside of police headquarters.
> >>
> >> A person who was near the scene called 911 and tried to provide help.
> >>
> >> The victim – initially reported to be 17 – was in the area visiting
> >> friends. Police said that the victim was struck by one of several
> >> bullets that were fired. A light-colored car was seen leaving the area
> >> headed east on Indian Mounds, police said.
> >> Indian Mounds Drive shooting
> >>
> >> No arrests have been made. Police are trying to determine
> >> circumstances of the shooting, Allen said.
> >>
> >> When asked if the shooting was random, he said: “We don’t know at this
> >> point.”
> >>
> >> He said that police would have extra patrols in the area but said it
> >> is still a safe place to visit. He urged visitors to take standard
> >> precautions: be aware of surroundings, avoid going alone and carry a
> >> cellphone.
> >>
> >> The area where the killing occurred is a connector to Kent County
> >> trail system and frequented by hikers, bicyclists, boaters and
> >> fishermen.
> >>
> >> The victim was an “avid bicyclist,” Allen said.
> >>
> >> He asked anyone who was in the area from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. to call
> >> Wyoming Department of Public Safety at 616-530-7300 or Silent Observer
> >> at 616-774-2345.
> >>
> >> https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2022/11/police-identify-bicyclist-killed-on-wooded-road-near-millennium-park.html
> >
> >It is extremely difficult to hit a person in the neck except from extremely close range which would be obvious by the wound and would have been said. What do you want to bet that this was a stray bullet?
> Might have been a syray bullet, might have been a poor shooter
> shooting at his head or the middle of his back, might have been
> something else. Makes no difference. He wasn't safe there.

Well, there is really a huge difference - if it is someone shooting at you, you can defend yourself. If it is a stray bullet you don't even know its there.

Re: Police identify bicyclist shot and killed on wooded road near Millennium Park

<46c8mh591h3fiuj89a5ntrffpj9stbhgpt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67393&group=rec.bicycles.tech#67393

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 17:21:51 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Thu, 3 Nov 2022 21:21 UTC

On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 13:59:49 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 8:31:06 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 08:26:24 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
>> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >It is extremely difficult to hit a person in the neck except from extremely close range which would be obvious by the wound and would have been said. What do you want to bet that this was a stray bullet?
>> Might have been a syray bullet, might have been a poor shooter
>> shooting at his head or the middle of his back, might have been
>> something else. Makes no difference. He wasn't safe there.
>
>Well, there is really a huge difference - if it is someone shooting at you, you can defend yourself. If it is a stray bullet you don't even know its there.

A gun may make you safer in some situations, but it doesn't
necessarily make you safe.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Police identify bicyclist shot and killed on wooded road near Millennium Park