"Morality is one thing. Ratings are everything." -- A Network 23 executive on "Max Headroom"

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?John Doe
+* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
|+* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?John Doe
||`* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
|| `- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Cursitor Doom
|`* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Flyguy
| +- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| +* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?John Doe
| |+* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| ||`* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?John Doe
| || `* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| ||  `- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Cursitor Doom
| |`- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Cursitor Doom
| +* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Fred Bloggs
| |`* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?John Doe
| | +* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| | |`* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Cursitor Doom
| | | +- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Fred Bloggs
| | | `* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| | |  `* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Cursitor Doom
| | |   `- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| | `* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Fred Bloggs
| |  `* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?John Doe
| |   +- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| |   `- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
| `* Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Cursitor Doom
|  `- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Anthony William Sloman
`- Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?Cursitor Doom

Pages:12
Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?

<eb6450b7-cf6b-418a-a955-0d0bfa3ef228n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67353&group=sci.electronics.design#67353

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 22:17:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 05:17 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 1:33:58 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 04:39:51 -0700 (PDT), Anthony William Sloman
> <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 7:02:03 PM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:

> >> Garbage. You've never heard of inalienable rights? That doesn't surprise me in the least.
> >
> >And how would you enforce an inalienable right? Calling a right "inalienable" doesn't stop some bureaucrat from violating it.
> >
> > Jefferson wrote "inalienable rights" into the US declaration of Independence but still owned slaves.

Cursitor Doom snipped this from his reply, and didn't mark the snip. I've corrected one detail in restoring it.

> Enforce it?? One doesn't *have* to enforce such a right: merely to
> exercise it.

And exactly how do you do that?

> It transcends the powers of the courts, though I can well understand why an avowed Globalist lickspittle like you would claim otherwise.

Transcend is a lovely word. As a mode of action, it is remarkably unspecific, like most of Cursitor Doom's fatuous advice.

Cursitor Doom has yet to work out that calling somebody a "Globalist" is fatuous abuse. It's one more label that right-wing lunatics like to stick on people they don't like.

There's no organisation that welds Cursiotr Doom's imagined Globalist movement into any kind of a coherent whole it's just a bunch of people being sensible in different ways when Cursitor Doom would prefer they were following his lunatic prescriptions. Just one more idiot conspiracy theory.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?

<a7b5f381-288d-42d8-b471-4180f6d5d4f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67354&group=sci.electronics.design#67354

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 22:17:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 9:31:15 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > court decisions can be overturned, but only happens when the underlying
> > law upon which they are based is changed
> In other words... The poster is a babbling moron.
>
> If it knew or cared anything about protocol, it would properly label its off-
> topic posts. It doesn't.

Re: OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?

<391fa7ca-b821-4334-a68d-ccd63c0af816n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67356&group=sci.electronics.design#67356

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 22:22:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 05:22 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 9:31:15 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > court decisions can be overturned, but only happens when the underlying
> > law upon which they are based is changed.
>
> In other words... The poster is a babbling moron.

John Doe is a babbling moron, and does post nonsense like this.

> If it knew or cared anything about protocol, it would properly label its off-topic posts. It doesn't.

The subject line of this thread is "OT: Supreme Court declares constitutional convention unconstitutional?" You posted it.

What - precisely - was Fred Bloggs supposed to have added to conform to your imagined "protocol"?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney