"For the man who has everything... Penicillin." -- F. Borquin

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

SubjectAuthor
* OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryCursitor Doom
+* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryRick C
|+- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryAnthony William Sloman
|`- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryAnthony William Sloman
+* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-LeakCorvid
|+- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryJohn Doe
|`* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-LeakJeroen Belleman
| +* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-LeakPhil Hobbs
| |+- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryEd Lee
| |`* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryJohn Larkin
| | `* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-LeakCorvid
| |  `- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryJohn Doe
| `- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theorywhit3rd
`* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryJohn Larkin
 +- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryFred Bloggs
 +* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-LeakClive Arthur
 |`* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryJohn Larkin
 | `* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryEd Lee
 |  `* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryAnthony William Sloman
 |   `* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryEd Lee
 |    `* Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryAnthony William Sloman
 |     `- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak TheoryAnthony William Sloman
 `- Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theorywhit3rd

1
OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<4b3neghm0o6bljqtj6aqr6aelcmfl8upph@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67343&group=sci.electronics.design#67343

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:34:22 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 00:34 UTC

"The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how ‘fact-checkers’,
media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be handed monopoly
power to dictate reality."

https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<ea31979d-844e-4160-848b-6b9cd28655b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67346&group=sci.electronics.design#67346

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 18:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:51 UTC

On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 8:34:30 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how ‘fact-checkers’,
> media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be handed monopoly
> power to dictate reality."
>

> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2

Once upon a time more than half of the voters in the 2016 election put Donald Trmp in office. Well, almost half.

An illustration of how public perception can be duped and duped beyond reason.

I remember telling my friends how Trmp didn't believe any of the stuff he said during the election. He even supported that view after he had won saying things like he didn't hate Hillary or Obama, he thought they were "good people". But the next four years showed even more of the performing arts. To this day I have no idea what Trmp really believes and what he doesn't believe. I just know he will say literally anything to garner support no matter how twisted and demented. It is a sad statement on society that any of this works.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<scghts$1nok$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67350&group=sci.electronics.design#67350

From: bl...@ckbirds.net (Corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak
Theory
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 21:54:19 -0700
 by: Corvid - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 04:54 UTC

On 7/11/21 5:34 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how
> ‘fact-checkers’, media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be
> handed monopoly power to dictate reality."
>
> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn
A further six in 10 Americans even think there was a dinosaur called
Doyouthinktheysaurus.

https://swnsdigital.com/2021/06/nearly-half-of-americans-convinced-dinosaurs-still-exist-in-a-remote-corner-of-the-world/

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<ffdc5f62-b75b-4e4f-8e96-85acfa2901f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67351&group=sci.electronics.design#67351

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 22:03:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 05:03 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 12:12:09 PM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 8:34:30 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> >> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how fact-checkers
> >> media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn't be handed monopoly
> >> power to dictate reality."

Whereas idiots like Cursitor Doom should?

> >> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2

He's posted another link to a Zero Hedge report.

> > Once upon a time more than half of the voters in the 2016 election put Donald Trmp in office. Well, almost half.
> >
> > An illustration of how public perception can be duped and duped beyond reason.
> >
> > I remember telling my friends how Trmp didn't believe any of the stuff he said during the election. He even supported that view after he had won saying things like he didn't hate Hillary or Obama, he thought they were "good people". But the next four years showed even more of the performing arts.. To this day I have no idea what Trump really believes and what he doesn't believe. I just know he will say literally anything to garner support no matter how twisted and demented. It is a sad statement on society that any of this works.
>
> This is pathetic political garbage spewing...

Actually, what Cursitor Doom posted was exactly that. Rick C was pointing out that there are a lot of gullible twits out there, ripe to be exploited by crooks like Donald Trump and Zero Hedge. Cursitor Doom and John Doe are two examples of such gullible twits. Like most of such idiots, they are blind to the fact that they are being suckered.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<51a6e8c6-95d5-407e-b8d2-50eac026c92dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67357&group=sci.electronics.design#67357

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 22:33:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 05:33 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 12:12:09 PM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 8:34:30 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> >> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how fact-checkers,
> >> media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn't be handed monopoly
> >> power to dictate reality."
> >>
> >> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2

From Cursitor Doom's usual source - Zero Hedge - which seems to exist to post the kind total nonsense that appeal to him, and iduots like him, such as John Doe.

> > Once upon a time more than half of the voters in the 2016 election put Donald Trump in office. Well, almost half.
> >
> > An illustration of how public perception can be duped and duped beyond reason.
> >
> > I remember telling my friends how Trmp didn't believe any of the stuff he said during the election. He even supported that view after he had won saying things like he didn't hate Hillary or Obama, he thought they were "good people". But the next four years showed even more of the performing arts.. To this day I have no idea what Trmp really believes and what he doesn't believe. I just know he will say literally anything to garner support no matter how twisted and demented. It is a sad statement on society that any of this works.
>
> This is pathetic political garbage spewing...

John Doe does spew a lot of pathetic political garbage. Since this isn't the kind of political comment that appeals to him he has expressed his dissatisfaction. He's wrong - but since he's hardly ever looks like anything except except an idiotic extreme-right Trump supporter, this isn't a surprise.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<scgkb9$6sp$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67358&group=sci.electronics.design#67358

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 05:35:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 05:35 UTC

Nym-shifting troll.
see also...
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=b6rvid?= <bl@ckbirds.org>
=?UTF-8?B?8J+QriBDb3dzIGFyZSBOaWNlIPCfkK4=?= <nice@cows.moo>
Banders <snap@mailchute.com>
Covid-19 <always.look@message.header>
Corvid <bl@ckbirds.org>
Cows Are Nice <cows@nice.moo>
Cows are nice <moo@cows.org>
Cows are Nice <nice@cows.moo>
dogs <dogs@home.com>
Great Pumpkin <pumpkin@patch.net>
Jose Curvo <jcurvo@mymail.com>
Local Favorite <how2recycle@palomar.info>
Sea <freshness@coast.org>
Standard Poodle <standard@poodle.com>
triangles <build@home.com>
and others...

--
Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net> wrote:

> From: Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net>
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Subject: Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory
> Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 21:54:19 -0700
>
> On 7/11/21 5:34 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how
>> � ~fact-checkers� T, media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn� Tt be
>> handed monopoly power to dictate reality."
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn
> A further six in 10 Americans even think there was a dinosaur called
> Doyouthinktheysaurus.
>
> https://swnsdigital.com/2021/06/nearly-half-of-americans-convinced-dinosaurs-still-exist-in-a-remote-corner-of-the-world/

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<d0d7edf6-e8ae-4cbd-913a-0313e5fbba97n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67367&group=sci.electronics.design#67367

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:01 UTC

On Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 5:34:30 PM UTC-7, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> "The Wuhan lab leak issue ...

There's no 'lab leak' known, the only issue is completing the origin story of a
microbe. We don't really know the full origin story of other pandemics (1918
flu is still an active topic of discussion), and may never know this one, fully.

>once again underscores ...

That's annoying, that a content-free update to a medical historical puzzle has
been thrust into our faces again.

> how ‘fact-checkers’,
> media outlets and Silicon Valley giants...

And there's a list of boogeymen to defocus our minds from any real problem.
Are we expected to ignore fact checking, news reporting, and 'giants' located in
a bit of California near Palo Alto?

> shouldn’t be handed monopoly
> power to dictate reality."

A disease origin story doesn't connect with monopolies, powers of monopolies, or the
fates weaving a fabric of reality in any coherent world-view.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<sci4tn$qge$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67408&group=sci.electronics.design#67408

From: jer...@nospam.please (Jeroen Belleman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Theory
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 21:24:41 +0200
 by: Jeroen Belleman - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 19:24 UTC

On 2021-07-12 06:54, Corvid wrote:
> On 7/11/21 5:34 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how
>> ‘fact-checkers’, media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be
>> handed monopoly power to dictate reality."
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn
> A further six in 10 Americans even think there was a dinosaur called
> Doyouthinktheysaurus.
>
> https://swnsdigital.com/2021/06/nearly-half-of-americans-convinced-dinosaurs-still-exist-in-a-remote-corner-of-the-world/

A crocodile is certainly a terrible lizard, so they aren't entirely wrong.

Jeroen Belleman

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<b994920e-07e4-e07f-a7a8-211c4d6c35d9@electrooptical.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67412&group=sci.electronics.design#67412

From: pcdhSpam...@electrooptical.net (Phil Hobbs)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Theory
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:51:40 -0400
 by: Phil Hobbs - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 19:51 UTC

Jeroen Belleman wrote:
> On 2021-07-12 06:54, Corvid wrote:
>> On 7/11/21 5:34 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how
>>> ‘fact-checkers’, media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be
>>> handed monopoly power to dictate reality."
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn
>> A further six in 10 Americans even think there was a dinosaur called
>> Doyouthinktheysaurus.
>>
>> https://swnsdigital.com/2021/06/nearly-half-of-americans-convinced-dinosaurs-still-exist-in-a-remote-corner-of-the-world/
>>

> A crocodile is certainly a terrible lizard, so they aren't entirely wrong.
>
> Jeroen Belleman

Approximately 5.5 out of 10 Americans is sufficiently pissed off at
meaningless surveys that they return joke answers. (Yes, I'm one of them.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<5d4e689b-9743-4a1f-b8ad-f8f9e1ef20c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67413&group=sci.electronics.design#67413

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:10:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:10 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 12:51:47 PM UTC-7, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> Jeroen Belleman wrote:

> >> A further six in 10 Americans even think there was a dinosaur called
> >> Doyouthinktheysaurus.
> >>
> >> https://swnsdigital.com/2021/06/nearly-half-of-americans-convinced-dinosaurs-still-exist-in-a-remote-corner-of-the-world/
> >>

> > A crocodile is certainly a terrible lizard, so they aren't entirely wrong.
> >
> > Jeroen Belleman
> Approximately 5.5 out of 10 Americans is sufficiently pissed off at
> meaningless surveys that they return joke answers. (Yes, I'm one of them.)

That dofesn't make sense. Assuming the result is 55% "yes". What happened to the one who truly believe so? Did they say no just to confuse the surveys?

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<mvapegd6locvte65ka0gvc30717r2pn6ge@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67420&group=sci.electronics.design#67420

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:54:49 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:54 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:51:40 -0400, Phil Hobbs

>Jeroen Belleman wrote:

>>> A further six in 10 Americans even think there was a dinosaur called
>>> Doyouthinktheysaurus.
>>>
>>> https://swnsdigital.com/2021/06/nearly-half-of-americans-convinced-dinosaurs-still-exist-in-a-remote-corner-of-the-world/
>>>

>> A crocodile is certainly a terrible lizard, so they aren't entirely wrong.
>>
>> Jeroen Belleman
>
>Approximately 5.5 out of 10 Americans is sufficiently pissed off at
>meaningless surveys that they return joke answers. (Yes, I'm one of them.)
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil Hobbs

Surveys? I hang up in milliseconds.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<o1bpegtkolaagr8go67upir6b3uc9jrdjl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67421&group=sci.electronics.design#67421

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:57:47 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:57 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:34:22 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>"The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how ‘fact-checkers’,
>media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be handed monopoly
>power to dictate reality."
>

>https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2

China has a lot of influence. Somehow.

Of course, it was a coincidence that the pandemic originated within
walking distance to the most dangerous bat-virus lab on the planet.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<7a980d5a-bedb-4d1e-abf7-449177edda2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67426&group=sci.electronics.design#67426

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 14:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 21:18 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 4:57:57 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:34:22 +0100, Cursitor Doom <c...@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
> >"The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how ‘fact-checkers’,
> >media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be handed monopoly
> >power to dictate reality."
> >

> >https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2
> China has a lot of influence. Somehow.
>
> Of course, it was a coincidence that the pandemic originated within
> walking distance to the most dangerous bat-virus lab on the planet.

China kills more people in a single day with their coal burning, and most of them are Chinese.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<scieaf$qin$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67435&group=sci.electronics.design#67435

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Theory
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:05:01 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 22:05 UTC

On 12/07/2021 21:57, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:34:22 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how ‘fact-checkers’,
>> media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be handed monopoly
>> power to dictate reality."
>>

>> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2
>
> China has a lot of influence. Somehow.
>
> Of course, it was a coincidence that the pandemic originated within
> walking distance to the most dangerous bat-virus lab on the planet.

By the same token, it was also co-incidence that Novichok was used only
six miles from Porton Down.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

So, we all know that the Russians deliberately used Novichok nerve agent
just a few miles from a UK chemical and biological warfare research
establishment (and it must be thus because the government denies it).

So likewise, it seems the US deliberately liberated Covid in Wuhan. QED.

The one fact we can be sure of is that we'll probably never know.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<hegpeg94dhpa8gnirl1s5ufp2bil4h97ef@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67438&group=sci.electronics.design#67438

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:33:57 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 22:33 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:05:01 +0100, Clive Arthur
<clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>On 12/07/2021 21:57, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:34:22 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@nowhere.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how ‘fact-checkers’,
>>> media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be handed monopoly
>>> power to dictate reality."
>>>

>>> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn2
>>
>> China has a lot of influence. Somehow.
>>
>> Of course, it was a coincidence that the pandemic originated within
>> walking distance to the most dangerous bat-virus lab on the planet.
>
>By the same token, it was also co-incidence that Novichok was used only
>six miles from Porton Down.
>
>Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
>
>So, we all know that the Russians deliberately used Novichok nerve agent
>just a few miles from a UK chemical and biological warfare research
>establishment (and it must be thus because the government denies it).
>
>So likewise, it seems the US deliberately liberated Covid in Wuhan. QED.
>
>The one fact we can be sure of is that we'll probably never know.

Some very brave person would have to talk.

What ever happened to Jack Ma?

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<02387449-6840-45cc-9710-324b0c388fcbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67440&group=sci.electronics.design#67440

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:40:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 22:40 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 1:57:57 PM UTC-7, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 01:34:22 +0100, Cursitor Doom <c...@nowhere.com>
> wrote:

> China has a lot of influence. Somehow.

Oh, having 1.4 billion citizens will do that...

> Of course, it was a coincidence that the pandemic originated within
> walking distance to the most dangerous bat-virus lab on the planet.

We don't have an origin, just a site of early discovery. Discovery, and a lab, in
proximity: not a coincidence.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<4cf2a8c6-661a-4036-b5c3-8b685a7067dcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67442&group=sci.electronics.design#67442

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:53:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 22:53 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 3:34:10 PM UTC-7, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:05:01 +0100, Clive Arthur
> <cl...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >On 12/07/2021 21:57, John Larkin wrote:

> >> China has a lot of influence. Somehow.
> >>
> >> Of course, it was a coincidence that the pandemic originated within
> >> walking distance to the most dangerous bat-virus lab on the planet.
> >
> >By the same token, it was also co-incidence that Novichok was used only
> >six miles from Porton Down.
> >
> >Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
> >
> >So, we all know that the Russians deliberately used Novichok nerve agent
> >just a few miles from a UK chemical and biological warfare research
> >establishment (and it must be thus because the government denies it).
> >
> >So likewise, it seems the US deliberately liberated Covid in Wuhan. QED.
> >
> >The one fact we can be sure of is that we'll probably never know.
> Some very brave person would have to talk.
>
> What ever happened to Jack Ma?

Silence of the Lambs. Political murders.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<scitab$1klc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67459&group=sci.electronics.design#67459

From: bl...@ckbirds.net (Corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Theory
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 19:21:01 -0700
 by: Corvid - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 02:21 UTC

On 7/12/21 1:54 PM, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:51:40 -0400, Phil Hobbs
> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote
>>
>> Approximately 5.5 out of 10 Americans is sufficiently pissed off at
>> meaningless surveys that they return joke answers. (Yes, I'm one
>> of them.)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Phil Hobbs
>
> Surveys? I hang up in milliseconds.

Nielsen surveys are great! They paid me well, twice, for a brief
few minutes of my time.

Of course, they wouldn't call in John Doe's zip code.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<scitfs$803$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67460&group=sci.electronics.design#67460

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 02:23:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 02:23 UTC

Another alias... Scored!!!
A nym-shifting pathological troll.

Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net>

Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net> wrote:

> From: Corvid <bl@ckbirds.net>
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Subject: Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory
> Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 19:21:01 -0700
>
> On 7/12/21 1:54 PM, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:51:40 -0400, Phil Hobbs
>> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote
>>>
>>> Approximately 5.5 out of 10 Americans is sufficiently pissed off at
>>> meaningless surveys that they return joke answers. (Yes, I'm one
>>> of them.)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Phil Hobbs
>>
>> Surveys? I hang up in milliseconds.
>
> Nielsen surveys are great! They paid me well, twice, for a brief
> few minutes of my time.
>
> Of course, they wouldn't call in John Doe's zip code.

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<f812df87-eecb-4244-9507-f97d14231ff3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67467&group=sci.electronics.design#67467

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 03:38 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 8:53:39 AM UTC+10, Ed Lee wrote:
> On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 3:34:10 PM UTC-7, John Larkin wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:05:01 +0100, Clive Arthur
> > <cl...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

> > >By the same token, it was also co-incidence that Novichok was used only
> > >six miles from Porton Down.
> > >
> > >Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
> > >
> > >So, we all know that the Russians deliberately used Novichok nerve agent
> > >just a few miles from a UK chemical and biological warfare research
> > >establishment (and it must be thus because the government denies it).
> > >
> > >So likewise, it seems the US deliberately liberated Covid in Wuhan. QED.
> > >
> > >The one fact we can be sure of is that we'll probably never know.
> > Some very brave person would have to talk.
> >
> > What ever happened to Jack Ma?
>
> Silence of the Lambs. Political murders.

Ask any rabid conspiracy theory fan. They've got a conspiracy theory that explains everything. It can't be falsified, so from Popper's point of view, it explains nothing.

What we need is an explanation of why conspiracy theory fans haven't worked out that they are insane. It gets pointed out to them often enough.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<7286a44c-ede4-4e74-aa28-fc84370f52afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67468&group=sci.electronics.design#67468

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:50:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 03:50 UTC

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 8:38:56 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 8:53:39 AM UTC+10, Ed Lee wrote:
> > On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 3:34:10 PM UTC-7, John Larkin wrote:

> > > Some very brave person would have to talk.
> > >
> > > What ever happened to Jack Ma?
> >
> > Silence of the Lambs. Political murders.
> Ask any rabid conspiracy theory fan. They've got a conspiracy theory that explains everything. It can't be falsified, so from Popper's point of view, it explains nothing.
>
> What we need is an explanation of why conspiracy theory fans haven't worked out that they are insane. It gets pointed out to them often enough.
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

B.S. always bring up B.S. conspiracy of something. It's just simple fact that Jack Ma is as vocal as a lamb now. He is silenced by political powers..

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<9119d059-d695-43a8-b197-0a18c5a22427n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67469&group=sci.electronics.design#67469

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 21:20:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 04:20 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 1:50:36 PM UTC+10, Ed Lee wrote:
> On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 8:38:56 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > Silence of the Lambs. Political murders.
> > Ask any rabid conspiracy theory fan. They've got a conspiracy theory that explains everything. It can't be falsified, so from Popper's point of view, it explains nothing.
> >
> > What we need is an explanation of why conspiracy theory fans haven't worked out that they are insane. It gets pointed out to them often enough.
>
> Bill Sloman is always bring up B.S. conspiracy of something. It's just simple fact that Jack Ma is as vocal as a lamb now. He is silenced by political powers.

If he's vocal, he isn't silenced, is he. In February 2021, he was seen golfing at the Sun Valley Golf Resort in the Chinese island of Hainan, so he doesn't seem to have been locked up. His interests don't seem to be perfectly aligned with those of the Chinese Communist Party so he may be finding it expedient to keep quiet at the moment - there are lots of ways of exerting political influence that fall short of political murder. Some of them are even legitimate.

I don't "always" bring up conspiracy theories. It only happens when conspiracy theory enthusiasts like you and Cursitor Doom start posting their demented idiocies. Go in for a different kind of pernicious nonsense, and I'll jeer at you for that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<ba11c35b-9eed-4f45-8cff-467680c55afan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67474&group=sci.electronics.design#67474

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 01:04:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:04 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 2:43:11 PM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> Anthony William Sloman <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:

<snip>

> > I don't "always" bring up conspiracy theories. It only happens when conspiracy theory enthusiasts like you and Cursitor Doom start posting their demented idiocies. Go in for a different kind of pernicious nonsense, and I'll jeer at you for that.
>
> <snip>
> Bozo the Clown...

John Doe seems to feel hurt that I didn't include him in my list of idiot conspiracy theory peddlers. He's merely a broad spectrum idiot troll, willing to post nonsense on a whole range of subjects, none of which he knows anything useful about.
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory

<sclmnp$ig6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67548&group=sci.electronics.design#67548

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 03:47:06 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 03:47 UTC

Jeroen Belleman <jeroen@nospam.please> wrote in

> On 2021-07-12 06:54, Corvid wrote:
>> On 7/11/21 5:34 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>> "The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how
>>> ‘fact-checkers’, media outlets and Silicon Valley giants
>>> shouldn’t be handed monopoly power to dictate reality."
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/5p8vrdn
>> A further six in 10 Americans even think there was a dinosaur
>> called Doyouthinktheysaurus.
>>
>> https://swnsdigital.com/2021/06/nearly-half-of-americans-convinced
>> -dinosaurs-still-exist-in-a-remote-corner-of-the-world/
>
> A crocodile is certainly a terrible lizard, so they aren't
> entirely wrong.
>
> Jeroen Belleman

Even them thar crayfish they been eatin'... them's real old.

And them thar giant centipedes are old.

What about them thar horseshoe crab things?

And great white sharks are nothing to dangle a leg about or at.