Crazee Edeee, his prices are INSANE!!!

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plCursitor Doom
+* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out oRheilly Phoull
|`* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out oCursitor Doom
| `- Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingAnthony William Sloman
+* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingbitrex
|`* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out oCursitor Doom
| +* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingbitrex
| |+- Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingbitrex
| |`* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingRick C
| | `- Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingbitrex
| `- Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingbitrex
`* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingSylvia Else
 `* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out oCursitor Doom
  `* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingSylvia Else
   `* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out oCursitor Doom
    +* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingSylvia Else
    |`* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingTom Gardner
    | `* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingSylvia Else
    |  `- Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingTom Gardner
    `* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingAnthony William Sloman
     `* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out oCursitor Doom
      `* Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attemptingAnthony William Sloman
       `- Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out oCursitor Doom

1
OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<engpegtpjhu6bsp95f07t3eg2m2onaaib0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67437&group=sci.electronics.design#67437

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:33:34 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 22:33 UTC

What is the matter with people these days?

https://tinyurl.com/4fet837x

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<iZ6dnRUMn5pMVnH9nZ2dnUU7-audnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67444&group=sci.electronics.design#67444

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: rhei...@bigslong.com (Rheilly Phoull)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 07:10:09 +0800
 by: Rheilly Phoull - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:10 UTC

On 13/07/2021 6:33 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> What is the matter with people these days?
>
> https://tinyurl.com/4fet837x

Reading some of the postings on this group might give an indication ??

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<jfjregpn06804fjtigkhn5ajl576vvuk35@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67518&group=sci.electronics.design#67518

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:33:35 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 17:33 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 07:10:09 +0800, Rheilly Phoull
<rheilly@bigslong.com> wrote:

>On 13/07/2021 6:33 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> What is the matter with people these days?
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/4fet837x
>>

>Reading some of the postings on this group might give an indication ??

Fair comment. It's just that most nut-cases seem to be clustered in
Australia, and this incident took place elsewhere. Having said that,
she may well have been an Australian; I don't recall the report
mentioning her nationality.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<HyrHI.2963$W56.2629@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67543&group=sci.electronics.design#67543

Subject: Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting
to get out of plane mid-flight!
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:00:07 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 02:00 UTC

On 7/12/2021 6:33 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:

"Last Tuesday, during a late-night flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
to Charlotte, North Carolina, the unidentified woman in first class
unbuckled her seat belt, made a mad dash to the door, and tried to open it.

Flight attendants scrambled to stop her and tackled her before the door
was open."

The plug doors on airliners open inwards and are held shut in flight by
cabin pressure, 20 of her couldn't budge it. Poor gal can't even escape
three pieces of duct tape apparently...

> What is the matter with people these days?

Probably just a panic attack, drug-induced or otherwise, happens on
aircraft a hundred times a day probably, this one particularly bad one.
Surprising they don't carry a Valium stab to settle them down, nobody
medically qualified to use it on passengers or liability issues I guess.
Seems like a better solution than duct tape, at least as a first resort...

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<il6v5lFp1bnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67544&group=sci.electronics.design#67544

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
to get out of plane mid-flight!
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:06:44 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 02:06 UTC

On 13-Jul-21 8:33 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> What is the matter with people these days?
>
> https://tinyurl.com/4fet837x

As usual, no mention of the fact that it is utterly impossible to open
the door of a pressurised aircraft in flight.

Sylvia.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<eded134d-f78c-40ea-8b34-45d77b248902n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67546&group=sci.electronics.design#67546

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
to get out of plane mid-flight!
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 03:29 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 3:33:42 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 07:10:09 +0800, Rheilly Phoull
> <rhe...@bigslong.com> wrote:
>
> >On 13/07/2021 6:33 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> >> What is the matter with people these days?
> >>
> >> https://tinyurl.com/4fet837x
> >>

> >Reading some of the postings on this group might give an indication ??
> Fair comment. It's just that most nut-cases seem to be clustered in
> Australia, and this incident took place elsewhere.

Cursitor Doom is clearly insane, and doesn't admit to being Australian. He may be in denial.

> Having said that, she may well have been an Australian; I don't recall the report
> mentioning her nationality.

It was a Zero Hedge report, so rather less than reliable. Zero Hedge does seem to know how to press Cursitor Doom's buttons - but the same buttons presumably work for for every other right-wing lunatic, not just the ones who want to say rude things about Australians.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<8m0ueg17p5hjsvbak7hpc4iq91oomnqic6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67567&group=sci.electronics.design#67567

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:30:33 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:30 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:06:44 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>On 13-Jul-21 8:33 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> What is the matter with people these days?
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/4fet837x
>>

>As usual, no mention of the fact that it is utterly impossible to open
>the door of a pressurised aircraft in flight.

I'm sure the other horrified passengers on board would be much
relieved to know that - if only you could go back in time and
re-assure them, Sylvia.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<5p0uegtvddrk0cdmahilhb045esmahqr4p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67568&group=sci.electronics.design#67568

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:32:46 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:32 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:00:07 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 7/12/2021 6:33 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>
>"Last Tuesday, during a late-night flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
>to Charlotte, North Carolina, the unidentified woman in first class
>unbuckled her seat belt, made a mad dash to the door, and tried to open it.
>
>Flight attendants scrambled to stop her and tackled her before the door
>was open."
>
>The plug doors on airliners open inwards and are held shut in flight by
>cabin pressure, 20 of her couldn't budge it. Poor gal can't even escape
>three pieces of duct tape apparently...
>
>> What is the matter with people these days?
>
>Probably just a panic attack, drug-induced or otherwise, happens on
>aircraft a hundred times a day probably, this one particularly bad one.
>Surprising they don't carry a Valium stab to settle them down, nobody
>medically qualified to use it on passengers or liability issues I guess.
>Seems like a better solution than duct tape, at least as a first resort...

Sounds like a good idea. If you're going to do something crazy that
puts the fear of god into your fellow passengers, I for one would say
you forfeit all right to sue for compensation after the dust settles.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<vEEHI.14337$h8.9490@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67573&group=sci.electronics.design#67573

to get out of plane mid-flight!
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:53:46 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:53 UTC

On 7/14/2021 11:32 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:00:07 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On 7/12/2021 6:33 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>
>> "Last Tuesday, during a late-night flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
>> to Charlotte, North Carolina, the unidentified woman in first class
>> unbuckled her seat belt, made a mad dash to the door, and tried to open it.
>>
>> Flight attendants scrambled to stop her and tackled her before the door
>> was open."
>>
>> The plug doors on airliners open inwards and are held shut in flight by
>> cabin pressure, 20 of her couldn't budge it. Poor gal can't even escape
>> three pieces of duct tape apparently...
>>
>>> What is the matter with people these days?
>>
>> Probably just a panic attack, drug-induced or otherwise, happens on
>> aircraft a hundred times a day probably, this one particularly bad one.
>> Surprising they don't carry a Valium stab to settle them down, nobody
>> medically qualified to use it on passengers or liability issues I guess.
>> Seems like a better solution than duct tape, at least as a first resort...
>
> Sounds like a good idea. If you're going to do something crazy that
> puts the fear of god into your fellow passengers, I for one would say
> you forfeit all right to sue for compensation after the dust settles.

In America for better or worse the right to sue is
Constitutionally-protected and in the abstract at least you can rarely
completely sign away a Constitutional right, regardless of whatever
document some company requires you to sign that says you have.

I think most airlines nowadays have fine print in their passenger
agreements saying you agree to not sue them for anything that happens,
standard boilerplate stuff.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<qGEHI.14338$h8.7073@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67574&group=sci.electronics.design#67574

to get out of plane mid-flight!
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:55:51 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 16:55 UTC

On 7/14/2021 12:53 PM, bitrex wrote:
> On 7/14/2021 11:32 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:00:07 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On 7/12/2021 6:33 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>>
>>> "Last Tuesday, during a late-night flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
>>> to Charlotte, North Carolina, the unidentified woman in first class
>>> unbuckled her seat belt, made a mad dash to the door, and tried to
>>> open it.
>>>
>>> Flight attendants scrambled to stop her and tackled her before the door
>>> was open."
>>>
>>> The plug doors on airliners open inwards and are held shut in flight by
>>> cabin pressure, 20 of her couldn't budge it. Poor gal can't even escape
>>> three pieces of duct tape apparently...

>>> Probably just a panic attack, drug-induced or otherwise, happens on
>>> aircraft a hundred times a day probably, this one particularly bad one.
>>> Surprising they don't carry a Valium stab to settle them down, nobody
>>> medically qualified to use it on passengers or liability issues I guess.
>>> Seems like a better solution than duct tape, at least as a first
>>> resort...
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea. If you're going to do something crazy that
>> puts the fear of god into your fellow passengers, I for one would say
>> you forfeit all right to sue for compensation after the dust settles.
>>

> In America for better or worse the right to sue is
> Constitutionally-protected and in the abstract at least you can rarely
> completely sign away a Constitutional right, regardless of whatever
> document some company requires you to sign that says you have.
>
> I think most airlines nowadays have fine print in their passenger
> agreements saying you agree to not sue them for anything that happens,
> standard boilerplate stuff.

That is to say you're supposed to go to some private arbitration board
(paid for and selected by the airline obv.) and settle any grievances there.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<KREHI.4516$6j.996@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67576&group=sci.electronics.design#67576

to get out of plane mid-flight!
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 13:07:54 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:07 UTC

On 7/14/2021 11:32 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:00:07 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On 7/12/2021 6:33 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>
>> "Last Tuesday, during a late-night flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
>> to Charlotte, North Carolina, the unidentified woman in first class
>> unbuckled her seat belt, made a mad dash to the door, and tried to open it.
>>
>> Flight attendants scrambled to stop her and tackled her before the door
>> was open."
>>
>> The plug doors on airliners open inwards and are held shut in flight by
>> cabin pressure, 20 of her couldn't budge it. Poor gal can't even escape
>> three pieces of duct tape apparently...
>>
>>> What is the matter with people these days?
>>
>> Probably just a panic attack, drug-induced or otherwise, happens on
>> aircraft a hundred times a day probably, this one particularly bad one.
>> Surprising they don't carry a Valium stab to settle them down, nobody
>> medically qualified to use it on passengers or liability issues I guess.
>> Seems like a better solution than duct tape, at least as a first resort...
>
> Sounds like a good idea. If you're going to do something crazy that
> puts the fear of god into your fellow passengers, I for one would say
> you forfeit all right to sue for compensation after the dust settles.

United Airlines, cool airline, get pissy with a surly American flight
attendant who then lies about what you said and they drop your ass off
in a Belfast jail for ten months until a trial, United then sends a
bunch of the crew to Ireland to lie to the court, the jury doesn't buy
it and frees the guy, then United Airlines claims they have no liability:

<https://www.aviationlawmonitor.com/2020/01/claims-and-defenses/montreal-convention-does-not-protect-united-airlines-from-passengers-malicious-prosecution-lawsuit/>

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<ilao3nFh111U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67634&group=sci.electronics.design#67634

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
to get out of plane mid-flight!
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:30:46 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:30 UTC

On 15-Jul-21 1:30 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:06:44 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 13-Jul-21 8:33 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>> What is the matter with people these days?
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/4fet837x
>>>

>> As usual, no mention of the fact that it is utterly impossible to open
>> the door of a pressurised aircraft in flight.
>
> I'm sure the other horrified passengers on board would be much
> relieved to know that - if only you could go back in time and
> re-assure them, Sylvia.

If the media consistently mentioned this point, then there would be a
better chance that passengers would know before it happens to them.

As it happens, the media almost never mention it, either out of
ignorance, or because it would reduce the impact of the story.

Sylvia.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<mor0fg5c95prs1llii66jg1bu88iur03tu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67651&group=sci.electronics.design#67651

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 18:26:44 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 17:26 UTC

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:30:46 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>On 15-Jul-21 1:30 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:06:44 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> As usual, no mention of the fact that it is utterly impossible to open
>>> the door of a pressurised aircraft in flight.
>>
>> I'm sure the other horrified passengers on board would be much
>> relieved to know that - if only you could go back in time and
>> re-assure them, Sylvia.
>>

>If the media consistently mentioned this point, then there would be a
>better chance that passengers would know before it happens to them.
>
>As it happens, the media almost never mention it, either out of
>ignorance, or because it would reduce the impact of the story.
>
>Sylvia.

Well, people nowadays quite rightly discount what the media says and
are unlikely to set much store by it. For sure I would still be scared
to death if some nutcase were to make a dash at the exit and start
wrestling with the door - and I doubt I'm alone.
I'd say a better approach would be to make an example out of these
damn fools so others don't follow suit.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<ilc2g0FosndU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67676&group=sci.electronics.design#67676

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
to get out of plane mid-flight!
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:34:07 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 00:34 UTC

On 16-Jul-21 3:26 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:30:46 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 15-Jul-21 1:30 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:

>>> I'm sure the other horrified passengers on board would be much
>>> relieved to know that - if only you could go back in time and
>>> re-assure them, Sylvia.
>>>

>> If the media consistently mentioned this point, then there would be a
>> better chance that passengers would know before it happens to them.
>>
>> As it happens, the media almost never mention it, either out of
>> ignorance, or because it would reduce the impact of the story.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Well, people nowadays quite rightly discount what the media says and
> are unlikely to set much store by it. For sure I would still be scared
> to death if some nutcase were to make a dash at the exit and start
> wrestling with the door - and I doubt I'm alone.
> I'd say a better approach would be to make an example out of these
> damn fools so others don't follow suit.

I the story made the clear point that the doors are impossible to open
in flight, and said way, then I think people would be inclined to
believe that.

Sylvia.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<scql0o$38i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67677&group=sci.electronics.design#67677

From: spamj...@blueyonder.co.uk (Tom Gardner)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
to get out of plane mid-flight!
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 01:48:24 +0100
 by: Tom Gardner - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 00:48 UTC

On 16/07/21 01:34, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 16-Jul-21 3:26 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:30:46 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> If the media consistently mentioned this point, then there would be a
>>> better chance that passengers would know before it happens to them.
>>>
>>> As it happens, the media almost never mention it, either out of
>>> ignorance, or because it would reduce the impact of the story.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> Well, people nowadays quite rightly discount what the media says and
>> are unlikely to set much store by it. For sure I would still be scared
>> to death if some nutcase were to make a dash at the exit and start
>> wrestling with the door - and I doubt I'm alone.
>> I'd say a better approach would be to make an example out of these
>> damn fools so others don't follow suit.
>>

> I the story made the clear point that the doors are impossible to open in
> flight, and said way, then I think people would be inclined to believe that.
>
> Sylvia.

That would be rational. Unfortunately not everybody is rational.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<ilc5q8FpeunU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67679&group=sci.electronics.design#67679

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
to get out of plane mid-flight!
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 11:30:47 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 01:30 UTC

On 16-Jul-21 10:48 am, Tom Gardner wrote:
> On 16/07/21 01:34, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 16-Jul-21 3:26 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:

>>> Well, people nowadays quite rightly discount what the media says and
>>> are unlikely to set much store by it. For sure I would still be scared
>>> to death if some nutcase were to make a dash at the exit and start
>>> wrestling with the door - and I doubt I'm alone.
>>> I'd say a better approach would be to make an example out of these
>>> damn fools so others don't follow suit.
>>>

>> I the story made the clear point that the doors are impossible to open
>> in flight, and said way, then I think people would be inclined to
>> believe that.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> That would be rational. Unfortunately not everybody is rational.

Even if only some people got educated, it could help in having
passengers explaining to others that it's no big deal when someone is
trying to open a door. At the least it could reduce the feeling in
passengers that they narrowly avoided death.

Sylvia.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<98de5f14-37c4-4ccd-b560-821a043907e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67692&group=sci.electronics.design#67692

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:48:02 -0700 (PDT)
to get out of plane mid-flight!
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 03:48 UTC

On Friday, July 16, 2021 at 3:26:51 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:30:46 +1000, Sylvia Else <syl...@email.invalid> wrote:

> >> I'm sure the other horrified passengers on board would be much relieved to know that - if only you could go back in time and re-assure them, Sylvia.
> >
> >If the media consistently mentioned this point, then there would be a better chance that passengers would know before it happens to them.
> >
> >As it happens, the media almost never mention it, either out of ignorance, or because it would reduce the impact of the story.
> >
> Well, people nowadays quite rightly discount what the media says and are unlikely to set much store by it.

People like Cursitor Doom, who are addicted to fatuous conspiracy theories, do discount what the sane segment of the media says, and concentrate on the output of the fringe publications who cater to their addiction. Cursitor Dom has the fatuous delusion that his tastes and opinions are normal and sane.

> For sure I would still be scared to death if some nutcase were to make a dash at the exit and start wrestling with the door - and I doubt I'm alone.

Cursitor Doom is confident about the self-evident correctness of every last one of his delusions.

> I'd say a better approach would be to make an example out of these damn fools so others don't follow suit.

Damn fools don't learn, as Cursitor Doom reminds us, more or less non-stop.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<df4fe680-c317-40a3-bd60-19d85b1e8d63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67695&group=sci.electronics.design#67695

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 21:24:27 -0700 (PDT)
to get out of plane mid-flight!
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 04:24 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 12:53:54 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 7/14/2021 11:32 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:00:07 -0400, bitrex <us...@example.net> wrote:
> >
> >> On 7/12/2021 6:33 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> >>
> >> "Last Tuesday, during a late-night flight from Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
> >> to Charlotte, North Carolina, the unidentified woman in first class
> >> unbuckled her seat belt, made a mad dash to the door, and tried to open it.
> >>
> >> Flight attendants scrambled to stop her and tackled her before the door
> >> was open."
> >>
> >> The plug doors on airliners open inwards and are held shut in flight by
> >> cabin pressure, 20 of her couldn't budge it. Poor gal can't even escape
> >> three pieces of duct tape apparently...

> >> Probably just a panic attack, drug-induced or otherwise, happens on
> >> aircraft a hundred times a day probably, this one particularly bad one..
> >> Surprising they don't carry a Valium stab to settle them down, nobody
> >> medically qualified to use it on passengers or liability issues I guess.
> >> Seems like a better solution than duct tape, at least as a first resort...
> >
> > Sounds like a good idea. If you're going to do something crazy that
> > puts the fear of god into your fellow passengers, I for one would say
> > you forfeit all right to sue for compensation after the dust settles.
> >
> In America for better or worse the right to sue is
> Constitutionally-protected and in the abstract at least you can rarely
> completely sign away a Constitutional right, regardless of whatever
> document some company requires you to sign that says you have.
>
> I think most airlines nowadays have fine print in their passenger
> agreements saying you agree to not sue them for anything that happens,
> standard boilerplate stuff.

That's why many such agreements contain an indemnification clause. Even if you win, you are then responsible for paying the other party's losses. ALL OF THEM even if you weren't the compensated party!!! Indemnification is like insurance, except insurance companies always put limits on their liability. Indemnification seldom has limitations.

Virtually every web site you visit requires you to indemnify them.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<DS9II.1235$4q3.171@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67699&group=sci.electronics.design#67699

to get out of plane mid-flight!
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 02:41:38 -0400
 by: bitrex - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 06:41 UTC

On 7/16/2021 12:24 AM, Rick C wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 12:53:54 PM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:

>>> Sounds like a good idea. If you're going to do something crazy that
>>> puts the fear of god into your fellow passengers, I for one would say
>>> you forfeit all right to sue for compensation after the dust settles.
>>>
>> In America for better or worse the right to sue is
>> Constitutionally-protected and in the abstract at least you can rarely
>> completely sign away a Constitutional right, regardless of whatever
>> document some company requires you to sign that says you have.
>>
>> I think most airlines nowadays have fine print in their passenger
>> agreements saying you agree to not sue them for anything that happens,
>> standard boilerplate stuff.
>
> That's why many such agreements contain an indemnification clause. Even if you win, you are then responsible for paying the other party's losses. ALL OF THEM even if you weren't the compensated party!!! Indemnification is like insurance, except insurance companies always put limits on their liability. Indemnification seldom has limitations.
>
> Virtually every web site you visit requires you to indemnify them.

Hard to believe airlines haven't come up with a more standardized
protocol or set of tools for dealing with unruly passengers given that
it happens so regularly, other than relying on the well-known
uncompromising strength of a roll of hardware store duct tape they had
in a bin somewhere to keep the aircraft secure...

"Hey guys what's our game plan if a passenger starts flipping out? Well
first we'll all run around the plane not knowing what to do. Then we'll
divert the plane and see if we got some duct tape someplace and tie them
up with it. And then pray they can't escape from duct tape so the
passengers will have no choice but to beat them to death."

Great plan. Very civilized society.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<scrj15$i8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67704&group=sci.electronics.design#67704

From: spamj...@blueyonder.co.uk (Tom Gardner)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
to get out of plane mid-flight!
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:20:29 +0100
 by: Tom Gardner - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 09:20 UTC

On 16/07/21 02:30, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 16-Jul-21 10:48 am, Tom Gardner wrote:

>>> I the story made the clear point that the doors are impossible to open in
>>> flight, and said way, then I think people would be inclined to believe that.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> That would be rational. Unfortunately not everybody is rational.
>
> Even if only some people got educated, it could help in having passengers
> explaining to others that it's no big deal when someone is trying to open a
> door. At the least it could reduce the feeling in passengers that they narrowly
> avoided death.

I doubt it would calm the perpetrator in the cases where
someone is so drunk or terrified that they are attempting
to open the cabin door :(

Other passengers, maybe, but we are in no danger of
exhausting the supply of stupidity.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<2934fg1ebg4coedih9vak28r3p0giv9o6u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67763&group=sci.electronics.design#67763

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 23:50:27 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:50 UTC

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:48:02 -0700 (PDT), Anthony William Sloman
<bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>On Friday, July 16, 2021 at 3:26:51 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:

>> >If the media consistently mentioned this point, then there would be a better chance that passengers would know before it happens to them.
>> >
>> >As it happens, the media almost never mention it, either out of ignorance, or because it would reduce the impact of the story.
>> >
>> Well, people nowadays quite rightly discount what the media says and are unlikely to set much store by it.
>
>People like Cursitor Doom, who are addicted to fatuous conspiracy theories, do discount what the sane segment of the media says, and concentrate on the output of the fringe publications who cater to their addiction. Cursitor Dom has the fatuous delusion that his tastes and opinions are normal and sane.
>
>> For sure I would still be scared to death if some nutcase were to make a dash at the exit and start wrestling with the door - and I doubt I'm alone.
>
>Cursitor Doom is confident about the self-evident correctness of every last one of his delusions.
>
>> I'd say a better approach would be to make an example out of these damn fools so others don't follow suit.
>
>Damn fools don't learn, as Cursitor Doom reminds us, more or less non-stop.
--

Britain: do the right thing and hand Australia back to China.

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<826d1fe3-6cb6-4633-94e2-474255e20f43n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67814&group=sci.electronics.design#67814

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 00:07:44 -0700 (PDT)
to get out of plane mid-flight!
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sat, 17 Jul 2021 07:07 UTC

On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 8:50:34 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:48:02 -0700 (PDT), Anthony William Sloman
> <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:

> >> Well, people nowadays quite rightly discount what the media says and are unlikely to set much store by it.
> >
> >People like Cursitor Doom, who are addicted to fatuous conspiracy theories, do discount what the sane segment of the media says, and concentrate on the output of the fringe publications who cater to their addiction. Cursitor Dom has the fatuous delusion that his tastes and opinions are normal and sane.
> >
> >> For sure I would still be scared to death if some nutcase were to make a dash at the exit and start wrestling with the door - and I doubt I'm alone.
> >
> >Cursitor Doom is confident about the self-evident correctness of every last one of his delusions.
> >
> >> I'd say a better approach would be to make an example out of these damn fools so others don't follow suit.
> >
> >Damn fools don't learn, as Cursitor Doom reminds us, more or less non-stop.
> --
> Britain: do the right thing and hand Australia back to China.

Are Cursitor Doom and John Doe different aspects of the same idiot? Enquiring minds would like to know. It would be cheaper to get one lunatic certified and locked away than two.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Crazy bitch gets taped to her airline seat after attempting to get out of plane mid-flight!

<aq75fgpmph4gmc63hluevipsdv4h5ut1it@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=67818&group=sci.electronics.design#67818

From: cd...@nowhere.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 10:14:13 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sat, 17 Jul 2021 09:14 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 00:07:44 -0700 (PDT), Anthony William Sloman
<bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 8:50:34 AM UTC+10, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 20:48:02 -0700 (PDT), Anthony William Sloman
>> <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:

>> >People like Cursitor Doom, who are addicted to fatuous conspiracy theories, do discount what the sane segment of the media says, and concentrate on the output of the fringe publications who cater to their addiction. Cursitor Dom has the fatuous delusion that his tastes and opinions are normal and sane.

>> >Cursitor Doom is confident about the self-evident correctness of every last one of his delusions.

>> >Damn fools don't learn, as Cursitor Doom reminds us, more or less non-stop.
>> --
>> Britain: do the right thing and hand Australia back to China.
>

>Are Cursitor Doom and John Doe different aspects of the same idiot? Enquiring minds would like to know. It would be cheaper to get one lunatic certified and locked away than two.

Poor old Bill. All pain, no gain.
--

Britain: do the right thing and hand Australia back to China.