Newsgroups: alt.locksmithing
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:54:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: THSS Locksmithing Institute?
From: docgpmil...@gmail.com (Dr. Gary P. Miller)
 by: Dr. Gary P. Miller - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:54 UTC

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 12:29:07 AM UTC-5, Shibby Dibby wrote:
> Has anyone ever heard of this? It's a home study course similiar to
> Foley Belsaw but I haven't been able to find any information on the
> net about it. I purchased the course on Ebay for $12.00 and was just
> wondering what topics the course covers.

I enrolled in the Course in May of 1969. Graduated February 22nd, 1971. It had thirty (30) Lessons and they sent them to you 5 at a time. You had to complete a minimum of 1 course per month at a rate of $15.00 per month. They sent you return envelopes with Bags attached to them to send the Locks back to the Institute. Great Course the Last two were on Safe Combinations and resetting a Combination lock for a Safe. I worked as a Locksmith through College. It help pay for some of my expenses. I took some other courses for Safes and Burglar Alarms but they weren't as satisfying. I still use the skills most every week still for Friends, Family, and Business Associates. I still have the Key Machine. Yes, you do have to change the Cutting Wheel (lol). When I needed a Job when I was down on my luck in Fort Lauderdale, I went to a Locksmith for a Job and all he said your skills are kind of antiquated. The Time Frame was 1983. That's OK, I get the job done. (he wanted me to shim the Lock but I picked it because my skills with Lock Picks are lighting fast. If that wouldn't have worked I would have shimmed it. I guess I just don't follow directions. That is okay I have my Doctorate in Civil Engineering so it paid off for helping me through School.