Why use Windows, since there is a door? (By fachat@galileo.rhein-neckar.de, Andre Fachat)

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Is a black hole

SubjectAuthor
* Is a black holeThe Starmaker
+- Re: Is a black holeRichard Hertz
+- Re: Is a black holeChris M. Thomasson
+* Re: Is a black holeJanPB
|+- Re: Is a black holeMaciej Wozniak
|+* Re: Is a black holeTom Roberts
||+- Re: Is a black holeBrain Deitke
||`* Re: Is a black holeJanPB
|| `* Re: Is a black holeGary Harnagel
||  +* Re: Is a black holeMaciej Wozniak
||  |`* Re: Is a black holeMichael Moroney
||  | +- Re: Is a black holeMaciej Wozniak
||  | `* Re: Is a black holeGary Harnagel
||  |  +- Re: Is a black holeMaciej Wozniak
||  |  +- Re: Is a black holeMuccio Grande
||  |  `* Re: Is a black holeMichael Moroney
||  |   +* Re: Is a black holeGary Harnagel
||  |   |`- Re: Is a black holeMichael Moroney
||  |   `- Re: Is a black holeMaciej Wozniak
||  `* Re: Is a black holeJanPB
||   +* Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
||   |`* Re: Is a black holeOdd Bodkin
||   | `- Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
||   `- Re: Is a black holeBen Ast
|`- Re: Is a black holemitchr...@gmail.com
+- Re: Is a black holeWard Ehlers
`* Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
 +- Re: Is a black holeChris M. Thomasson
 +* Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
 |+* Re: Is a black holeMuccio Grande
 ||`- Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
 |`* Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
 | +* Re: Is a black holePaul Alsing
 | |`* Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
 | | +* Re: Is a black holemitchr...@gmail.com
 | | |`* Re: Is a black holePaul Alsing
 | | | `- Re: Is a black holemitchr...@gmail.com
 | | `- Re: Is a black holePaul Alsing
 | `- Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
 `* Re: Is a black holeThe Starmaker
  `- Re: Is a black holewhodat

Pages:12
Re: Is a black hole

<sg5o9c$1j8t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65928&group=sci.physics.relativity#65928

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Is a black hole
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 11:40:29 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Wed, 25 Aug 2021 15:40 UTC

On 8/24/2021 4:10 PM, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 11:54:50 AM UTC-6, Michael Moroney wrote:

>>> For us distant observers, I don't think it matters whether the mass is inside the EH or
>>> plastered on a sphere just outside. The external field will be the same.
>>
>> True. I wonder if we had such an "almost black hole" with frozen mass
>> and added even more mass if the view of the previous mass changes.
>
> The mass and, therefore, the external field would increase.

Somehow I left out the part where the new added mass on top of the
frozen old mass would somehow move it beyond the event horizon. More
like moving the event horizon outward due to increased mass, not
"forcing" the previous mass in. My head hurts.

>>> I doubt that very much :-)
>>
>> I do as well. :-)

>>> If we could put him in orbit around a BH at r = 1.5*r_Sch, at the microsecond of
>>> sanity, he will be sane forever, as far as we're concerned.
>>
>> :-)
>
> If he were in the 1.5*r_S orbit, the extra added mass would cause him to spiral in
> and be spread over the surface in a nanometer-thick sheet. A fitted sheet and a
> fitting end.
>
> Or would he? I don't know. My head is hurting again.

Re: Is a black hole

<tcgeig1hm99ut6ik9h465ir1stvsuf4n08@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65984&group=sci.physics.relativity#65984

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 00:41:56 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 07:41 UTC

What I'm trying to convey is...

Earth's "wobble" is caused by the gravitational waves from the nearest
Black Hole.

The Moon's wobble is caused by the gravitational waves from the
nearest Black Hole.

A Black hole is caused by the collapse of a star and the force creates
a whirlpool on the fabric of space, that
send vibrations through out the universe, making the earth do the
wobble.

Like dropping a stone in a pond.

The Black Hole is causing a ripple through out the whole entire
universe.

In other words,

Those waves... reach the earth
and change the direction of the
magnetic pole, change the direction of earth's climate, etc.

NASA tells everyone that climate change is caused by humans, when in
fact, climate change is
caused by the ripple effect of black holes in the universe.

That is why NASA posted this blurry picture of a Black Hole:
https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2

they don't want you to see the ripples spreading out in space, and
eventually wobbling the
earth and the moon.

This is what the ripples look like that they don't want you to see:

https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1

I don't understand why 'these Fauci type scientists' have to lie to
people all the time...

An Asteroid did not kill all the dinosaurs...that is just a lie.

What happen to the dinosaurs is simply they ran out of dinosaur girls.

They simply went extinct. (no living girl dinosaurs)

How many dinosaurs are there in the 12 dinosaurs museums in the world?

The same amount of dinosaurs that existed in the past...not that many.

How many of them are girls?

(and a lot of those dinosaurs in the museum are fakes, with a lot of
missing parts, so they just build their own parts and attached it.)

(You see a whole dinosaur in a museum, fake!)

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:23:26 -0700, The Starmaker
<starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>The Starmaker wrote:
>>
>> Is a black hole
>> inside space, or
>> is space inside
>> a black hole?
>>
>> --
>> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
>> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
>> the unchallengeable.
>

>Let me clarify what a black hole is..
>
>Here is the dumb version NASA released of a photo of a black hole:
>

>https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2
>

>and here is the smart version of the same photo that I the starmaker
>enhanced sharper for you:
>

>https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1
>

>Now, instead of looking at the black hole center (not so black is it?)
>
>look at towards the center outwards to the edge...
>
>it is made up of...waves.
>
>Ocean waves, gravitional waves, waves going out spreading out.
>
>Those waves...can reach the earth
>and maybe change the direction of the
>magentic pole...change the direction of earth's climate, etc.
>
>A black hole is simply...simply...
>
>a whirlpool is space.
>

>(nasa doesn't want you to see the waves) (so they blurred everything)
>
>https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2
>

>but the waves are there!
>https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1
>

>of course if the earth was closer it would get caught up in the
>whirlpool fabric of space.
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Is a black hole

<iope79Ff73rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65986&group=sci.physics.relativity#65986

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 07:02:47 -0500
 by: whodat - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:02 UTC

On 8/26/2021 2:41 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> What I'm trying to convey is...
>
> Earth's "wobble" is caused by the gravitational waves from the nearest
> Black Hole.

[...]

Funny how that particular bit of gravity sneaks in and overwhelms the
gravity affecting the earth from all other sources.

In case you missed it, that was sarcasm.

Re: Is a black hole

<tgpjlg5pehbcr796svaaq1ojgukeo8s0fj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68899&group=sci.physics.relativity#68899

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 10:45:23 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 17:45 UTC

As I already pointed out to yous in this thread...

>> Here is the dumb version NASA released of a photo of a black hole:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2
>>
>> and here is the smart version of the same photo that I the starmaker
>> enhanced sharper for you:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1

Now, keep in mind
that the Earth
is just a
grain of sand
in the path
of the black's hole
gravitational waves
which travel in waves
at the speed of light.

The gravitational waves
are causing the earth
to lose course of it's
magnetic poles and
causing...Climate Change,
or to change the climate.

Those little dots
you see moving
around the surface of the earth
you call "people" are not causing
climate change...

It is the waves
from the black hole
that makes it's surroundings
....wavy.

And the earth is just blobbing along.

You can use a devise called
"interferometers" to detect
these waves.

But, the scientific community
cannot do anything about
these waves from black holes, so
they blame it on people's cars.

There is a lot of money in the
'climate change industry business'.

It's a cash cow.

They are going to milk it
as long as they can...

until they find another cow (con).

That is why NASA shows you a blurry photo:
https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2

they are hiding the waves:

https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1

The fact is, they are there.

On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:58:37 -0700, The Starmaker

<65dbf1a8-8801-4a2c-b88f-249cedabfb71n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68929&group=sci.physics.relativity#68929

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 17:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 00:17 UTC

On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 10:45:13 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> A black hole is simply...simply...
> >>
> >> a whirlpool in space.
> >>
> >> (nasa doesn't want you to see the waves) (so they blurred everything)
> >>
> >> https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2
> >>
> >> but the waves are there!
> >> https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1
> >>
> >> of course if the earth was closer it would get caught up in the
> >> whirlpool fabric of space.
> >
> >In other words, a whirlpool in space is no different than a whirlpool in the ocean.
> >

> >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool#/media/File:Whirlpool.jpg
> >
> >Scientific definitions for whirlpool
> >whirlpool
> >[ wūrl'pool' ]
> >A rapidly rotating current of water or other liquid that sucks everything near it toward its center.
> >

> >Either a space whirlpool or ocean water whirlpool...the principles are the same.

You continue to provide evidence that you are mostly clueless about the stuff you pontificate about...

Re: Is a black hole

<615A8D56.480B@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68936&group=sci.physics.relativity#68936

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 22:12:54 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 05:12 UTC

Paul Alsing wrote:

> On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 10:45:13 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> > As I already pointed out to yous in this thread...

> > Now, keep in mind
> > that the Earth
> > is just a
> > grain of sand
> > in the path
> > of the black's hole
> > gravitational waves
> > which travel in waves
> > at the speed of light.
> >
> > The gravitational waves
> > are causing the earth
> > to lose course of it's
> > magnetic poles and
> > causing...Climate Change,
> > or to change the climate.
> >
> > Those little dots
> > you see moving
> > around the surface of the earth
> > you call "people" are not causing
> > climate change...
> >
> > It is the waves
> > from the black hole
> > that makes it's surroundings
> > ...wavy.
> >
> > And the earth is just blobbing along.
> >

> > You can use a devise called
> > "interferometers" to detect
> > these waves.
> >
> > But, the scientific community
> > cannot do anything about
> > these waves from black holes, so
> > they blame it on people's cars.
> >
> > There is a lot of money in the
> > 'climate change industry business'.
> >
> > It's a cash cow.
> >
> > They are going to milk it
> > as long as they can...
> >
> > until they find another cow (con).
> >
> > That is why NASA shows you a blurry photo:
> > https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2
> >

> > they are hiding the waves:
> >
> > https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1
> >

> > The fact is, they are there.
> > On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:58:37 -0700, The Starmaker
> > <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > >In other words, a whirlpool in space is no different than a whirlpool in the ocean.
> > >

> > >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool#/media/File:Whirlpool.jpg
> > >
> > >Scientific definitions for whirlpool
> > >whirlpool
> > >[ wūrl'pool' ]
> > >A rapidly rotating current of water or other liquid that sucks everything near it toward its center.
> > >

> > >Either a space whirlpool or ocean water whirlpool...the principles are the same.
>
> You continue to provide evidence that you are mostly clueless about the stuff you pontificate about...

And of course you have all the knowledge and understanding....

teach me.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Is a black hole

<b8c19c7b-ad45-4d8d-ac87-45ace116925dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68962&group=sci.physics.relativity#68962

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 11:54:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 18:54 UTC

We have only seen neutronium.
They are red shift orbital look a likes.
Why would 25 images of something
we cannot see work?

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: Is a black hole

<6f1413fd-3bdb-4507-8327-909d114f0248n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68993&group=sci.physics.relativity#68993

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 18:24:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 01:24 UTC

On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 10:12:21 PM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> Paul Alsing wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 10:45:13 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> > > As I already pointed out to yous in this thread...

> > > Now, keep in mind
> > > that the Earth
> > > is just a
> > > grain of sand
> > > in the path
> > > of the black's hole
> > > gravitational waves
> > > which travel in waves
> > > at the speed of light.
> > >
> > > The gravitational waves
> > > are causing the earth
> > > to lose course of it's
> > > magnetic poles and
> > > causing...Climate Change,
> > > or to change the climate.
> > >
> > > Those little dots
> > > you see moving
> > > around the surface of the earth
> > > you call "people" are not causing
> > > climate change...
> > >
> > > It is the waves
> > > from the black hole
> > > that makes it's surroundings
> > > ...wavy.
> > >
> > > And the earth is just blobbing along.
> > >

> > > You can use a devise called
> > > "interferometers" to detect
> > > these waves.
> > >
> > > But, the scientific community
> > > cannot do anything about
> > > these waves from black holes, so
> > > they blame it on people's cars.
> > >
> > > There is a lot of money in the
> > > 'climate change industry business'.
> > >
> > > It's a cash cow.
> > >
> > > They are going to milk it
> > > as long as they can...
> > >
> > > until they find another cow (con).
> > >
> > > That is why NASA shows you a blurry photo:
> > > https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/2
> > >

> > > they are hiding the waves:
> > >
> > > https://twitter.com/Starmaker111/status/1120589330349584384/photo/1
> > >

> > > The fact is, they are there.

> > You continue to provide evidence that you are mostly clueless about the stuff you pontificate about...
> And of course you have all the knowledge and understanding....
>

> teach me.

I do not believe that you are teachable...

Re: Is a black hole

<cf0060b3-cfac-4841-b456-bd52e3a7b6e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68994&group=sci.physics.relativity#68994

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 18:25:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 01:25 UTC

On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 11:54:56 AM UTC-7, mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:

> We have only seen neutronium.

No one has ever seen neutronium, Mitch, since it is a material that was made-up for science-fiction books and movies...

Re: Is a black hole

<9429269e-2853-4856-9bc2-412feecff8a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69054&group=sci.physics.relativity#69054

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 10:52:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 17:52 UTC

On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 6:25:38 PM UTC-7, Paul Alsing wrote:
> On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 11:54:56 AM UTC-7, mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > We have only seen neutronium.
> No one has ever seen neutronium, Mitch, since it is a material that was made-up for science-fiction books and movies...

When it formed as a pulsar we have you moron...
BHs are what do not exist.
Neutronium is end state matter that obeys
the exlcusion principle.

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: Is a black hole

<051angd1e3nf4ftu83u14j4ktafcfo07vu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70361&group=sci.physics.relativity#70361

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 00:11:23 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 07:11 UTC

Just as the black holes
gravitational waves
are causing the earth
to lose course of it's
magnetic poles and
are the REAL cause of Climate Change,
or to change the climate...

but, it is also the reason why
BEES are disappearing...since bees use
the magnetic fields to...navigate.

Since the north magnetic pole is shifting, so are the bees shifting.

But of course like always the STUPID scientist of the world are saying
Climate Change is making the bees disappear..stupid, stupid, stupid.

On Sun, 03 Oct 2021 10:45:23 -0700, The Starmaker

<c33ef98c-1c37-4df4-a25a-f68b1e65c202n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70366&group=sci.physics.relativity#70366

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 01:48:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 08:48 UTC

On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 9:33:10 PM UTC-7, hit...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 3:00:28 PM UTC-6, JanPB wrote:

> > > Not true. A black hole includes the region inside its event horizon,
> >
> > Yes, I meant just the singular set as "the black hole". This is non-standard usage.
> > Sorry to confuse everyone. Just keep in mind that I meant JUST the singularity
> > when I wrote "black hole" above. I'll stop using this convention because it's
> > confusing.
> >
> > --
> > Jan
> Say you are are far from some mass that doesn't meet the BH criteria. It's radiating
> energy (light) in all directions, and you are watching. Any point on the surface of
> that mass radiates light in all directions (cosine distribution, IIRC), but you have
> instruments all around the mass. Now let us have matter continuously falling into
> that luminous mass. .As more and more matter falls in, the light coming out at an
> angle theta to the radial axis at some point can't get out, although light on the radial
> axis can still get out. When that angle becomes zero, a BH comes into existence.
>
> It's my understanding that it takes an infinite amount of time (on a distant observer's
> clock) for that to happen. Isn't that correct?

Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link) is concerned.
Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a finite amount of time due
to quantisation of energy and our detection devices limitations.

--
Jan

Re: Is a black hole

<61763A12.13A3@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70412&group=sci.physics.relativity#70412

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 22:01:06 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 05:01 UTC

JanPB wrote:

> On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 9:33:10 PM UTC-7, hit...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > > Yes, I meant just the singular set as "the black hole". This is non-standard usage.
> > > Sorry to confuse everyone. Just keep in mind that I meant JUST the singularity
> > > when I wrote "black hole" above. I'll stop using this convention because it's
> > > confusing.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jan
> > Say you are are far from some mass that doesn't meet the BH criteria. It's radiating
> > energy (light) in all directions, and you are watching. Any point on the surface of
> > that mass radiates light in all directions (cosine distribution, IIRC), but you have
> > instruments all around the mass. Now let us have matter continuously falling into
> > that luminous mass. .As more and more matter falls in, the light coming out at an
> > angle theta to the radial axis at some point can't get out, although light on the radial
> > axis can still get out. When that angle becomes zero, a BH comes into existence.
> >
> > It's my understanding that it takes an infinite amount of time (on a distant observer's
> > clock) for that to happen. Isn't that correct?
>
> Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link) is concerned.
> Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a finite amount of time due
> to quantisation of energy and our detection devices limitations.
>
> --
> Jan

incomprehensible verbiage

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Is a black hole

<sl69lb$hge$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70421&group=sci.physics.relativity#70421

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:58:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:58 UTC

The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> JanPB wrote:

>>> Say you are are far from some mass that doesn't meet the BH criteria. It's radiating
>>> energy (light) in all directions, and you are watching. Any point on the surface of
>>> that mass radiates light in all directions (cosine distribution, IIRC), but you have
>>> instruments all around the mass. Now let us have matter continuously falling into
>>> that luminous mass. .As more and more matter falls in, the light coming out at an
>>> angle theta to the radial axis at some point can't get out, although light on the radial
>>> axis can still get out. When that angle becomes zero, a BH comes into existence.
>>>
>>> It's my understanding that it takes an infinite amount of time (on a distant observer's
>>> clock) for that to happen. Isn't that correct?
>>
>> Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link) is concerned.
>> Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a finite amount of time due
>> to quantisation of energy and our detection devices limitations.
>>
>> --
>> Jan
>
> incomprehensible verbiage

To whom?

And have you bothered to try to read enough physics that it might be less
incomprehensible? And if not, then whose choice was that?

Re: Is a black hole

<6176D871.1891@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70431&group=sci.physics.relativity#70431

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:16:49 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:16 UTC

Odd Bodkin wrote:

> The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > JanPB wrote:

> >> Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link) is concerned.
> >> Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a finite amount of time due
> >> to quantisation of energy and our detection devices limitations.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jan
> >
> > incomprehensible verbiage
> >

> To whom?
>
> And have you bothered to try to read enough physics that it might be less
> incomprehensible? And if not, then whose choice was that?
>
> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Jan uses a word..."Although", which contrast the statement in itself.

It makes Jan...sound 'unsure' of him or herself.

Although....

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Is a black hole

<sl8jlu$uc0$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70468&group=sci.physics.relativity#70468

From: ert...@ytu.xc (Ben Ast)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 10:01:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ben Ast - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 10:01 UTC

JanPB wrote:

>> It's my understanding that it takes an infinite amount of time (on a
>> distant observer's clock) for that to happen. Isn't that correct?
>
> Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link)
> is concerned. Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a
> finite amount of time due to quantisation of energy and our detection
> devices limitations.

you can't possibly visually observe anything to infinity. That sentence
makes no sense.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Is a black hole