A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you. -- Ramsey Clark

tech / sci.electronics.design / A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

SubjectAuthor
* A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming,Fred Bloggs
+- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeAnthony William Sloman
+- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming,Jan Panteltje
+* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
|`* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeJohn Robertson
| `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
|  `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisEd Lee
|   `- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisJohn Larkin
+* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisJeff Liebermann
|+* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisJohn Larkin
||`* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeFred Bloggs
|| `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisJohn Larkin
||  `- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeAnthony William Sloman
|`* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Bebitrex
| +- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeAnthony William Sloman
| `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeMartin Brown
|  `- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeEd Lee
`* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
 +- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeAnthony William Sloman
 +* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
 |`- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeAnthony William Sloman
 +* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Bewhit3rd
 |`- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
 `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
  `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
   +* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeEd Lee
   |`- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
   +- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
   `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Bewhit3rd
    +- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeDon Y
    `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
     +- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Bewhit3rd
     +* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeDon Y
     |`* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
     | `- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeDon Y
     `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, ScientisDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
      `* Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientisjlarkin
       `- Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May BeAnthony William Sloman

Pages:12
A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<28d206bc-5d31-47b6-8e1b-166d56dcc010n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69866&group=sci.electronics.design#69866

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming,
Scientists Say
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 13:49 UTC

And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.

https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<958dcad5-6458-40aa-a7d7-1764a132f20fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69868&group=sci.electronics.design#69868

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 07:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be
Coming, Scientists Say
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:00 UTC

On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 11:49:31 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>
> https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html

"May be coming". That's scarcely news. Nor is the idea that we'd better get everybody vaccinated - even in the poorest countries - as a matter of enlightened self-interest.

The unenlightened - Bren Locher does come to mind - don't even want to get themselves vaccinated, so we may have to do something about that.

Internment camps do come to mind. We wouldn't even have to mistreat them to make the places unattractive - having to listen to Brent Locher sounding off for hours would do the trick.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<see6rr$g8a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69870&group=sci.electronics.design#69870

From: pNaOnStP...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Scientists Say
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 14:00:26 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:00 UTC

On a sunny day (Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote in
<28d206bc-5d31-47b6-8e1b-166d56dcc010n@googlegroups.com>:

>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>
>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html

Look dude, I got the delta and gamma, went to effen, Angel standing there asked:
Are You Vaccinated?
'No' I replied, 'You cannot come in'

so here I am now.

From the year 3000 bible, '
around the year 2020 when evil ruler Trump was in power
God punished the people by releasing Covid. '
It is not true Covid was made in China using cheap labor from a design by Fauci
and HIV was not designed in a US lab either.

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<fablgg1831ub9jbnlch76v9sut2sbchg8h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69874&group=sci.electronics.design#69874

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 08:10:00 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 15:10 UTC

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>
>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html

It's good to be reminded daily of how life really sucks.

Thanks for sharing.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<k-ednUKiLeqYVJf8nZ2dnUU7-XHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69882&group=sci.electronics.design#69882

Coming, Scientists Say
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: spa...@flippers.com (John Robertson)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:06:13 -0700
 by: John Robertson - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 17:06 UTC

On 2021/08/04 8:10 a.m., jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>>
>> https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>
> It's good to be reminded daily of how life really sucks.
>
> Thanks for sharing.

I dunno, I am kinda amused about how many ways we are all gonna to
die...he does like looking for varients.

I'd say the OP has a terrible life and figures everyone else should join
him because they might actually be enjoying theirs. A closet Puritan!

John :-#)#

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<c2klggh4lsosjhrbr52crilaeerdusq317@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69886&group=sci.electronics.design#69886

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 10:37:24 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 17:37 UTC

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:06:13 -0700, John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>
wrote:

>On 2021/08/04 8:10 a.m., jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>>>
>>> https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>>
>> It's good to be reminded daily of how life really sucks.
>>
>> Thanks for sharing.
>>

>I dunno, I am kinda amused about how many ways we are all gonna to
>die...he does like looking for varients.
>
>I'd say the OP has a terrible life and figures everyone else should join
>him because they might actually be enjoying theirs. A closet Puritan!
>
>John :-#)#

Sad case.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<ab6ab545-e5a2-46f2-82a7-d46488c93a72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69889&group=sci.electronics.design#69889

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 17:48 UTC

On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 10:37:32 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:06:13 -0700, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >On 2021/08/04 8:10 a.m., jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> >> It's good to be reminded daily of how life really sucks.
> >>
> >> Thanks for sharing.
> >>

> >I dunno, I am kinda amused about how many ways we are all gonna to
> >die...he does like looking for varients.
> >
> >I'd say the OP has a terrible life and figures everyone else should join
> >him because they might actually be enjoying theirs. A closet Puritan!
> >
> >John :-#)#
> Sad case.
> --

It will be the true real delta + D614R, or Delta Dawn DD

Delta Dawn, what's that virus you have on
Could it be a faded spike from days gone by?
And did I hear you say he was a-meeting you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky?

Aug 2021 ( 5440 samples)
__USA____(_5440)__16%__18%__16%__66%__17%___3%__77%__15%__0%_0.0%_15%_62%_15%__7%
__USA/NY_(__139)___6%___6%___6%__34%__11%___6%__88%___6%__0%_0.0%_60%_29%__6%__5%
__USA/NJ_(___61)___7%___7%___7%__87%___7%___0%__93%___7%__0%_0.0%__7%_87%__7%__0%
__USA/PA_(____8)__25%__25%__25%__75%__25%___0%__75%__25%__0%_0.0%__0%_75%_25%__0%
__USA/MI_(___15)__27%__27%__27%__67%__27%___0%__73%__27%__0%_0.0%__7%_67%_27%__0%
__USA/FL_(__125)__11%__12%__11%__76%__12%___2%__87%__11%__0%_0.0%_12%_75%_11%__1%
__USA/TX_(__416)___7%___6%___6%__87%___6%___0%__91%___6%__0%_0.0%__6%_85%__6%__3%
__USA/AZ_(___81)___5%___4%___5%__88%___4%___1%__94%___2%__0%_1.2%__7%_86%__2%__2%
__USA/NV_(__102)___4%___4%___4%__86%___4%___0%__96%___4%__0%_0.0%_10%_86%__4%__0%
__USA/WA_(__149)___7%___7%___7%__47%___9%___1%__68%___8%__0%_0.0%_17%_46%__7%_29%
__USA/CA_(_2016)___3%___3%___3%__94%___3%___0%__91%___2%__0%_0.0%__2%_89%__2%__6%
__/CA-LA_(____1)___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%__0%_0.0%__0%__0%__0%_99%
_________________417N_452R_478K_484Q_501Y_570D_614G_681R___W____A___B___C___D___O
W=WuHan_A=L452R+E484Q_B=E484E+D614G_C=E484Q+D614G_D=L452R+T478K+P681R_O=Other

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<u2nlggt78lq4t19h85d4lki12cfk51o7fj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69893&group=sci.electronics.design#69893

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 11:29:03 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 18:29 UTC

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:48:57 -0700 (PDT), Ed Lee
<edward.ming.lee@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 10:37:32 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:06:13 -0700, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
>> wrote:

>> >I dunno, I am kinda amused about how many ways we are all gonna to
>> >die...he does like looking for varients.
>> >
>> >I'd say the OP has a terrible life and figures everyone else should join
>> >him because they might actually be enjoying theirs. A closet Puritan!
>> >
>> >John :-#)#
>> Sad case.
>> --
>
>It will be the true real delta + D614R, or Delta Dawn DD
>
>Delta Dawn, what's that virus you have on
>Could it be a faded spike from days gone by?
>And did I hear you say he was a-meeting you here today
>To take you to his mansion in the sky?

Another sad case.

>Aug 2021 ( 5440 samples)
>__USA____(_5440)__16%__18%__16%__66%__17%___3%__77%__15%__0%_0.0%_15%_62%_15%__7%
>__USA/NY_(__139)___6%___6%___6%__34%__11%___6%__88%___6%__0%_0.0%_60%_29%__6%__5%
>__USA/NJ_(___61)___7%___7%___7%__87%___7%___0%__93%___7%__0%_0.0%__7%_87%__7%__0%
>__USA/PA_(____8)__25%__25%__25%__75%__25%___0%__75%__25%__0%_0.0%__0%_75%_25%__0%
>__USA/MI_(___15)__27%__27%__27%__67%__27%___0%__73%__27%__0%_0.0%__7%_67%_27%__0%
>__USA/FL_(__125)__11%__12%__11%__76%__12%___2%__87%__11%__0%_0.0%_12%_75%_11%__1%
>__USA/TX_(__416)___7%___6%___6%__87%___6%___0%__91%___6%__0%_0.0%__6%_85%__6%__3%
>__USA/AZ_(___81)___5%___4%___5%__88%___4%___1%__94%___2%__0%_1.2%__7%_86%__2%__2%
>__USA/NV_(__102)___4%___4%___4%__86%___4%___0%__96%___4%__0%_0.0%_10%_86%__4%__0%
>__USA/WA_(__149)___7%___7%___7%__47%___9%___1%__68%___8%__0%_0.0%_17%_46%__7%_29%
>__USA/CA_(_2016)___3%___3%___3%__94%___3%___0%__91%___2%__0%_0.0%__2%_89%__2%__6%
>__/CA-LA_(____1)___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%___0%__0%_0.0%__0%__0%__0%_99%
>_________________417N_452R_478K_484Q_501Y_570D_614G_681R___W____A___B___C___D___O
>W=WuHan_A=L452R+E484Q_B=E484E+D614G_C=E484Q+D614G_D=L452R+T478K+P681R_O=Other

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<5amlggt376k88jucjnq1u44hobjpbv5hcq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69897&group=sci.electronics.design#69897

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 11:44:53 -0700
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 18:44 UTC

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html

Only two variants? There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
and 30,000 variants. Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
Nov 2020:
<https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
Most are harmless or ineffective. A few, such as delta, will make
things worse. If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you. Use
the map to check if they're moving in your direction.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
you."

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<s7rlggdfclbde38ndu7vim5vnqco668ds6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69903&group=sci.electronics.design#69903

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:41:33 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 19:41 UTC

On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 11:44:53 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>
>Only two variants? There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
>and 30,000 variants. Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
>Nov 2020:
><https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
>Most are harmless or ineffective. A few, such as delta, will make
>things worse. If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
>about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you. Use
>the map to check if they're moving in your direction.
>
>"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
>you."

Just because they are out to get you doesn't mean you have to quake in
fear.

So many sissy-wusses! No surprise they they use nyms.

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<eb414aa4-e43c-4adc-a414-a320cf08ae9dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69912&group=sci.electronics.design#69912

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:51:27 -0700 (PDT)
Coming, Scientists Say
From: bloggs.f...@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 21:51 UTC

On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 3:41:43 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 11:44:53 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
> wrote:
> >On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> ><bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
> >>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
> >
> >Only two variants? There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
> >and 30,000 variants. Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
> >Nov 2020:
> ><https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
> >Most are harmless or ineffective. A few, such as delta, will make
> >things worse. If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
> >about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you. Use
> >the map to check if they're moving in your direction.
> >
> >"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
> >you."
> Just because they are out to get you doesn't mean you have to quake in
> fear.
>
> So many sissy-wusses! No surprise they they use nyms.

Sure- if you don't know a thing about the science, then talk about pseudo-psychology.

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<0d9mgg5uo37vtjm7dpct1gpv8cesbcrf5a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69936&group=sci.electronics.design#69936

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 16:41:53 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 23:41 UTC

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:51:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 3:41:43 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 11:44:53 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Only two variants? There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
>> >and 30,000 variants. Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
>> >Nov 2020:
>> ><https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
>> >Most are harmless or ineffective. A few, such as delta, will make
>> >things worse. If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
>> >about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you. Use
>> >the map to check if they're moving in your direction.
>> >
>> >"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
>> >you."
>> Just because they are out to get you doesn't mean you have to quake in
>> fear.
>>
>> So many sissy-wusses! No surprise they they use nyms.
>
>Sure- if you don't know a thing about the science, then talk about pseudo-psychology.

The Science never gets boring because it keeps changing.

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<de667393-02cf-4a4b-b047-b6c7269f9466n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69954&group=sci.electronics.design#69954

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 21:32:18 -0700 (PDT)
Coming, Scientists Say
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 04:32 UTC

On Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 9:42:03 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:51:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 3:41:43 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:

> >> Just because they are out to get you doesn't mean you have to quake in fear.

Quaking in fear isn't a useful reaction. John Larkin is too silly to feel fear. Most of the rest of us can deal with being somewhat afraid - being cautious is very different from being pathologically nervous.

> >> So many sissy-wusses! No surprise they they use nyms.

John Larkin's insights aren't brilliant.
> >Sure- if you don't know a thing about the science, then talk about pseudo-psychology.
>
> The Science never gets boring because it keeps changing.

John Larkin doesn't know enough about science to realise that getting a progressively clearer picture of what's going on is a positive kind of change. He sees the differences , because that's what commentators talk about. He doesn't know that the underlying knowledge is being refined rather than discarded because he doesn't know about any of the underlying knowledge (or at least not enough to help).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<hdLOI.1357$yS5.1142@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69958&group=sci.electronics.design#69958

Coming, Scientists Say
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 02:06:04 -0400
 by: bitrex - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 06:06 UTC

On 8/4/2021 2:44 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>> https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>
> Only two variants? There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
> and 30,000 variants. Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
> Nov 2020:
> <https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
> Most are harmless or ineffective. A few, such as delta, will make
> things worse. If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
> about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you. Use
> the map to check if they're moving in your direction.
>
> "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
> you."

RNA viruses have no ability to error-correct, so existing in many
variations is sort of the natural state of the RNA virus. The bad news
is that since mutation rate tends to be inversely proportional to the
sequence length (slower than this the hosts tend to become resistant,
faster and the virus kills itself from harmful mutations) RNA virus
mutates pretty rapidly. The good news is that an RNA virus has a limited
state space on which to draw from and if it exists in a population long
enough a lot of the "novel variations" tend to be re-hashes.

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<3e4120fc-518c-4c5d-b597-2a9b766ba7aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69964&group=sci.electronics.design#69964

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 00:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
Coming, Scientists Say
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 07:08 UTC

On Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 4:06:11 PM UTC+10, bitrex wrote:
> On 8/4/2021 2:44 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> > <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
> >> https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
> >
> > Only two variants? There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
> > and 30,000 variants. Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
> > Nov 2020:
> > <https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
> > Most are harmless or ineffective. A few, such as delta, will make
> > things worse. If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
> > about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you. Use
> > the map to check if they're moving in your direction.
> >
> > "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
> > you."
> >
> RNA viruses have no ability to error-correct, so existing in many
> variations is sort of the natural state of the RNA virus.

Covid-19 is an exception. There is a kind of proof-reading stage in its replicator, so it mutates less often than other RNA viruses. It's still less stable than DNA viruses, which don't seem to have any error correction at all.

> The bad news is that since mutation rate tends to be inversely proportional to the
> sequence length (slower than this the hosts tend to become resistant,
> faster and the virus kills itself from harmful mutations) RNA virus
> mutates pretty rapidly. The good news is that an RNA virus has a limited
> state space on which to draw from and if it exists in a population long
> enough a lot of the "novel variations" tend to be re-hashes.

The variations are just random noise within the state space that can survive. There are a lot more combinations of variations, and the effects don't have to add linearly, which is why you can get new viruses which can make it in a different environment.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<seg4ct$eu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69967&group=sci.electronics.design#69967

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Coming, Scientists Say
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 08:35:56 +0100
 by: Martin Brown - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 07:35 UTC

On 05/08/2021 07:06, bitrex wrote:
> On 8/4/2021 2:44 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>>> https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>>>

>> Only two variants?  There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
>> and 30,000 variants.  Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
>> Nov 2020:
>> <https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
>> Most are harmless or ineffective.  A few, such as delta, will make
>> things worse.  If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
>> about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you.  Use
>> the map to check if they're moving in your direction.
>>
>> "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
>> you."
>>

> RNA viruses have no ability to error-correct, so existing in many
> variations is sort of the natural state of the RNA virus. The bad news

That is true as a general rule but it is not true of coronaviruses or
Covid-19 in particular. It does have a proof reading enzyme in its
repertoire so it mutates much more slowly than a basic RNA virus. See

https://www.astrazeneca.com/what-science-can-do/topics/disease-understanding/the-natural-evolution-of-sars-cov-2.html

or more technical

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.16.423071v1.full

If past performance is anything to go by it has found a new way to
increase its infectivity by 50% about every 4 months. It will probably
max out at or below the R0 of measles (the most infectious agent known).

> is that since mutation rate tends to be inversely proportional to the
> sequence length (slower than this the hosts tend to become resistant,
> faster and the virus kills itself from harmful mutations) RNA virus
> mutates pretty rapidly. The good news is that an RNA virus has a limited
> state space on which to draw from and if it exists in a population long
> enough a lot of the "novel variations" tend to be re-hashes.

The numbers of permutations is so huge that this isn't really true. But
most of the new ones are either no improvement or worse at reproducing
than some other pre-existing strain. Only strains with a reproductive
competitive advantage get to survive in the medium to long term.

The AZ reference above shows how quickly D614G conquered the world.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<e2fb1f64-0850-4c6c-96e5-fda6596387c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=69996&group=sci.electronics.design#69996

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 06:59:40 -0700 (PDT)
Coming, Scientists Say
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 13:59 UTC

On Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 12:36:04 AM UTC-7, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 05/08/2021 07:06, bitrex wrote:
> > On 8/4/2021 2:44 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> >> Only two variants? There are currently about 4,000 Covid-19 genomes
> >> and 30,000 variants. Delta(21A) already has 797 variants since about
> >> Nov 2020:
> >> <https://nextstrain.org/ncov/gisaid/global>
> >> Most are harmless or ineffective. A few, such as delta, will make
> >> things worse. If you really want to make yourself miserable, think
> >> about all those shiny new variants that are coming to kill you. Use
> >> the map to check if they're moving in your direction.
> >>
> >> "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
> >> you."
> >>

> > RNA viruses have no ability to error-correct, so existing in many
> > variations is sort of the natural state of the RNA virus. The bad news
> That is true as a general rule but it is not true of coronaviruses or
> Covid-19 in particular. It does have a proof reading enzyme in its
> repertoire so it mutates much more slowly than a basic RNA virus. See
>
> https://www.astrazeneca.com/what-science-can-do/topics/disease-understanding/the-natural-evolution-of-sars-cov-2.html
>
> or more technical
>
> https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.16.423071v1.full
>
> If past performance is anything to go by it has found a new way to
> increase its infectivity by 50% about every 4 months. It will probably
> max out at or below the R0 of measles (the most infectious agent known).
> > is that since mutation rate tends to be inversely proportional to the
> > sequence length (slower than this the hosts tend to become resistant,
> > faster and the virus kills itself from harmful mutations) RNA virus
> > mutates pretty rapidly. The good news is that an RNA virus has a limited
> > state space on which to draw from and if it exists in a population long
> > enough a lot of the "novel variations" tend to be re-hashes.
> The numbers of permutations is so huge that this isn't really true. But
> most of the new ones are either no improvement or worse at reproducing
> than some other pre-existing strain. Only strains with a reproductive
> competitive advantage get to survive in the medium to long term.
>
> The AZ reference above shows how quickly D614G conquered the world.

Is Delta D614G or L452R+T478K+P681R?
D614G originated in April 2020 within US, not India in 2021.
WHO says all of them, but we ain't got no combination of them.

Delta Dawn, what's that virus you have on
Could it be a faded spike from days gone by?
And did I hear you say God was a-meeting you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky?

It's 2020 and they still calls it 'seafood'.
All the folks around Washington say she's crazy
'Cause she walks down town with a test swap in her hand
Looking for a mysterious dark-haired bat

In her younger days they called her Delta Dawn
Scariest sample you ever laid eyes on
Then a tech of low degree stood by her side
And promised her he'd take her to the world

Delta Dawn, ... (x4)

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<4q6tggtocpqj36romdsuki566kj0t255qr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70247&group=sci.electronics.design#70247

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 07:47:36 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 14:47 UTC

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>
>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html

Yet more about masks from yet another Top Scientist:

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/delta-variant-surges-key-covid-expert-concedes-cloth-masks-are-not-very

The thing about cloth masks that has always interested me: do the
viruses get trapped and commit suicide out of despair? If not, where
do they go next?

A cloth or even Nxx mask seems to me to be a great machine for
capturing sticky blobs, drying them out, grinding them up, and then
scattering the viruses into the air, instead of letting them die on
the floor.

This is truly funny:

Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date with
the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types of
masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that someone
wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory particles and
these in turn would block at least some of the smaller viral
particles."

A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<d9309504-8841-40b2-9015-335a635152b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70252&group=sci.electronics.design#70252

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 08:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
Coming, Scientists Say
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 15:26 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 12:47:44 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
> >
> >https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
> Yet more about masks from yet another Top Scientist:
>
> https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/delta-variant-surges-key-covid-expert-concedes-cloth-masks-are-not-very
>
> The thing about cloth masks that has always interested me: do the
> viruses get trapped and commit suicide out of despair? If not, where
> do they go next?

They dry out, fall apart and the bits get eaten up by bacteria.
> A cloth or even Nxx mask seems to me to be a great machine for
> capturing sticky blobs, drying them out,

Not completely. The mucus in the sticky blobs retains some water in all but the very driest atmospheres.

> grinding them up,

Neat trick. How are they supposed to do that?

> and then scattering the viruses into the air, instead of letting them die on the floor.

Since the viral particles are glommed up with mucus residues, they aren't going to get scattering to the air any more than the sticky mucus gunge is.
> This is truly funny:
>
> Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
> University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date with
> the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types of
> masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that someone
> wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory particles and
> these in turn would block at least some of the smaller viral
> particles."

It is funny. The respiratory particles include the viral particles, so blocking the respiratory particles locks up the viral particles that are gloomed into them.

The cells that are shedding virus particles don't carefully launch them into the airways as separate particles - they just form part of the mucus on the surface of the airways.

> A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?

Once John got a silly idea into his head it does tend to stick. Pointing out that the idea is silly isn't giving him the flattery he craves, so he doesn't pay any attention.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<hsctggp8tv1fjtfuqc0ni9uv5sanaapo7p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70256&group=sci.electronics.design#70256

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 09:27:49 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 16:27 UTC

On Sat, 07 Aug 2021 07:47:36 -0700, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
><bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>>
>>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>
>Yet more about masks from yet another Top Scientist:
>
>https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/delta-variant-surges-key-covid-expert-concedes-cloth-masks-are-not-very
>
>The thing about cloth masks that has always interested me: do the
>viruses get trapped and commit suicide out of despair? If not, where
>do they go next?
>
>A cloth or even Nxx mask seems to me to be a great machine for
>capturing sticky blobs, drying them out, grinding them up, and then
>scattering the viruses into the air, instead of letting them die on
>the floor.
>
>This is truly funny:
>
>Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
>University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date with
>the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types of
>masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that someone
>wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory particles and
>these in turn would block at least some of the smaller viral
>particles."
>
>A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1853618/

Abstract

It has never been shown that wearing surgical face masks decreases
postoperative wound infections. On the contrary, a 50% decrease has
been reported after omitting face masks.

Of course, surgical teams don't use cloth masks that have been
collecting crud for weeks.

There is so much wrongless going around.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<77a4d5fb-578a-432d-b360-cea46092bf03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70296&group=sci.electronics.design#70296

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 20:04:23 -0700 (PDT)
Coming, Scientists Say
From: bill.slo...@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 03:04 UTC

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 2:27:56 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Aug 2021 07:47:36 -0700, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com
> wrote:
> >On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> ><bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
> >>
> >>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
> >
> >Yet more about masks from yet another Top Scientist:
> >
> >https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/delta-variant-surges-key-covid-expert-concedes-cloth-masks-are-not-very
> >
> >The thing about cloth masks that has always interested me: do the
> >viruses get trapped and commit suicide out of despair? If not, where
> >do they go next?
> >
> >A cloth or even Nxx mask seems to me to be a great machine for
> >capturing sticky blobs, drying them out, grinding them up, and then
> >scattering the viruses into the air, instead of letting them die on
> >the floor.
> >
> >This is truly funny:
> >
> >Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
> >University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date with
> >the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types of
> >masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that someone
> >wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory particles and
> >these in turn would block at least some of the smaller viral
> >particles."
> >
> >A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?
> https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1853618/
>
> Abstract
>
> It has never been shown that wearing surgical face masks decreases
> postoperative wound infections. On the contrary, a 50% decrease has
> been reported after omitting face masks.

"This difference was not statistically significant (p greater than 0.05)"
> Of course, surgical teams don't use cloth masks that have been
> collecting crud for weeks.

The takeaway message from the paper was that surgeons didn't breath out wound-infecting bacteria, so the surgical masks weren't doing anything that the investigation could detect.

If you have Covid-19 your exhalations do include Covid-19 virus infested droplets.

> There is so much wrongness going around.

John Larkin's capacity to draw incorrect conclusions from irrelevant research is a persistent wrongness. It would be nice if he could master cause and effect

John Larkin's best "designs" are necessarily accidental.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<32b6c4b0-1580-4c03-bb0c-c612434a584an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70299&group=sci.electronics.design#70299

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 21:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
Coming, Scientists Say
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 04:45 UTC

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 7:47:44 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
> University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date with
> the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types of
> masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that someone
> wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory particles and
> these in turn would block at least some of the smaller viral
> particles."
>
> A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?

Moisture, in thin films, is a glue. There's no 'viruses' in a contaminated mask
except in concretions, 'painted on' the surfaces. Like dissolves like, so a layer of such
contamination might be more sticky than the fiber underneath.

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<seo5nn$iks$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70309&group=sci.electronics.design#70309

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 08:47:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 08:47 UTC

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>>
>>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-de
>>lta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>
> Yet more about masks from yet another Top Scientist:
>
> https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/delta-variant-sur
> ges-key-covid-expert-concedes-cloth-masks-are-not-very
>
> The thing about cloth masks that has always interested me: do the
> viruses get trapped and commit suicide out of despair? If not,
> where do they go next?
>
> A cloth or even Nxx mask seems to me to be a great machine for
> capturing sticky blobs, drying them out, grinding them up, and
> then scattering the viruses into the air, instead of letting them
> die on the floor.
>
> This is truly funny:
>
> Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
> University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date
> with the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types
> of masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that
> someone wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory
> particles and these in turn would block at least some of the
> smaller viral particles."
>
> A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?

What a mask does is capture your spittle when you breathe out.
That moisture laden cloud is what carries droplets comtaining virons.
The 'captured' "globs" you refer to do not get dried up and ground up
and re-released. A dry virus is a dead virus in the case of these
lipid based jobs.

So, just like the surgeon's mask keeps him or her from getting
their spittle on a patient having surgery, and has done so for a
hundred plus years, these masks are meant to keep folks in closed
spaces from being as transmissive as a spitting cobra or skunk. You
smell it, you are breathing it.

So, since the stuff we are trying to block is in the mucus we expel
and in the saliva as well and in the moist breath we exchange out of
our respiratory system with each breath, we are mitigating THAT
transmission pathway. It is not 100%, but it IS a damn sight better
than standing around acting like you personally have knowledge that
it does nothing and want to spew your death breath all around
yourself. Some jackass downplay dumbfuck doctor from Florida of all
places is the last motherfucker I would be listening to about ANY
mask or ANY other mitigating element or device the world has.
Florida went and jumped onto the Trump Hayride and their Governor
should be charged with practicing medicine without a license. ANY
jackass doctor or non-doctor giving errant advice over mass audience
news outlets should be charged as well, becuase they are no longer
dealing with an individual patient, they are giving faulty advice
over a mass media outlet.

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<ivpvgg9i5v4sa0sp7096cndmi8d6amqo28@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70327&group=sci.electronics.design#70327

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 07:21:44 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 14:21 UTC

On Sat, 7 Aug 2021 21:45:49 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 7:47:44 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>
>> Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
>> University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date with
>> the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types of
>> masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that someone
>> wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory particles and
>> these in turn would block at least some of the smaller viral
>> particles."
>>
>> A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?
>
>Moisture, in thin films, is a glue. There's no 'viruses' in a contaminated mask
>except in concretions, 'painted on' the surfaces. Like dissolves like, so a layer of such
>contamination might be more sticky than the fiber underneath.

Then their must be a market for used, unwashed masks.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Re: A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say

<n4qvggpap3u38937o1p1l1h1rus4vce7ek@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70328&group=sci.electronics.design#70328

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 07:38:01 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sun, 8 Aug 2021 14:38 UTC

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 08:47:51 -0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>And it will emerge in the unvaccinated population.
>>>
>>>https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-de
>>>lta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html
>>
>> Yet more about masks from yet another Top Scientist:
>>
>> https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/delta-variant-sur
>> ges-key-covid-expert-concedes-cloth-masks-are-not-very
>>
>> The thing about cloth masks that has always interested me: do the
>> viruses get trapped and commit suicide out of despair? If not,
>> where do they go next?
>>
>> A cloth or even Nxx mask seems to me to be a great machine for
>> capturing sticky blobs, drying them out, grinding them up, and
>> then scattering the viruses into the air, instead of letting them
>> die on the floor.
>>
>> This is truly funny:
>>
>> Robert Cook, a professor of epidemiology and medicine at the
>> University of South Florida, admitted that he was "not up to date
>> with the latest, most specific data on cloth masks vs. other types
>> of masks," but he argued that it "makes common sense to me that
>> someone wearing a cloth mask would block larger respiratory
>> particles and these in turn would block at least some of the
>> smaller viral particles."
>>
>> A mask so saturated with viruses that it blocks viruses?
>>

> What a mask does is capture your spittle when you breathe out.
>That moisture laden cloud is what carries droplets comtaining virons.
>The 'captured' "globs" you refer to do not get dried up and ground up
>and re-released. A dry virus is a dead virus in the case of these
>lipid based jobs.

They have no metabolism and don't need water. Coronavirus seems to
spread better at low humidity.

"The coronavirus can retain its infectivity up to 2 weeks in a low
temperature and low humidity environment..."

A cloth mask loaded with viruses, or with globs full of viruses, is an
ideal dispersal machine. As people move and breathe and talk, the gunk
in the fibers will get rubbed, ground up, dried, scattered. The owner
might inhale half and exhale half, which helps by 2:1.

> So, just like the surgeon's mask keeps him or her from getting
>their spittle on a patient having surgery, and has done so for a
>hundred plus years, these masks are meant to keep folks in closed
>spaces from being as transmissive as a spitting cobra or skunk. You
>smell it, you are breathing it.

Surgeons use high-quality masks and more important, dispose of them
immediately after one surgery. People wear cloth masks all day, or all
month. Tests have shown kids' masks to be loaded with all sorts of
nasty junk.

Masking was probably a bad idea.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc