Presidency: The greased pig in the field game of American politics. -- Ambrose Bierce

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

SubjectAuthor
* Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905The Starmaker
+- Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905rotchm
`* Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905The Starmaker
 `* Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905Richard Hertz
  `* Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905Odd Bodkin
   +- Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905Richard Hertz
   `* Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905Richard Hertz
    +- Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905The Starmaker
    `- Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905Odd Bodkin

1
Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<61710808.4E99@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70124&group=sci.physics.relativity#70124

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 23:26:17 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 06:26 UTC

Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

"The results of an electrodynamic investigation published by me recently in this journal1 lead to a very interesting conclusion, which shall be derived here." -- Albert Einstein

E=Mc^2 -- Albert Einstein

From this equation it follows directly: -- Albert Einstein

If a body releases the energy E in the form of radiation.. -- Albert Einstein

Perhaps it will prove possible to test this theory using bodies whose energy content is variable to a high degree (e.g., salts of radium). -- Albert Einstein

the element uranium may be turned into a new and important source of energy -- Albert Einstein

to set up a nuclear chain reaction in a large mass of uranium, by which vast amounts of power and large quantities of new radium-like elements would be generated. -- Albert Einstein

the relationship of mass to energy
release would be
of the order of 200 MeV for each atom fissioned.

This new phenomenon would lead to the construction of bombs,
and that extremely powerful bombs of a new type may thus be constructed. -- Albert Einstein

"The results of an electrodynamic investigation published by me recently in this journal1 lead to a very interesting conclusion...." -- Albert Einstein
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/8f/ac/d08fac53ac36120393aa5bc616c3768a.jpg

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<bfb05730-2c6a-4923-973b-125d08286f78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70131&group=sci.physics.relativity#70131

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 05:38:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905
From: rot...@gmail.com (rotchm)
 by: rotchm - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 12:38 UTC

On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 2:25:36 AM UTC-4, The Starmaker wrote:

Since there is no content, question, discussion or point in your post, it is considered irrelevant and as SPAM.

Spam reported.
I incite others to do the same.

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<6171BB81.7A95@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70168&group=sci.physics.relativity#70168

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 12:12:01 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:12 UTC

The Starmaker wrote:

> Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905
>
> "The results of an electrodynamic investigation published by me recently in this journal1 lead to a very interesting conclusion, which shall be derived here." -- Albert Einstein -1905
>
> E=Mc^2 -- Albert Einstein -1905
>
> From this equation it follows directly: -- Albert Einstein -1905
>
> If a body releases the energy E in the form of radiation.. -- Albert Einstein -1905
>
> Perhaps it will prove possible to test this theory using bodies whose energy content is variable to a high degree (e.g., salts of radium). -- Albert Einstein -1905
>
> the element uranium may be turned into a new and important source of energy -- Albert Einstein -1939
>
> to set up a nuclear chain reaction in a large mass of uranium, by which vast amounts of power and large quantities of new radium-like elements would be generated. -- Albert Einstein -1939
>
> the relationship of mass to energy
> release would be
> of the order of 200 MeV for each atom fissioned.
>
> This new phenomenon would lead to the construction of bombs,
> and that extremely powerful bombs of a new type may thus be constructed. -- Albert Einstein -1939
>
> "The results of an electrodynamic investigation published by me recently in this journal1 lead to a very interesting conclusion...." -- Albert Einstein
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/8f/ac/d08fac53ac36120393aa5bc616c3768a.jpg

"...the development of the theory of relativity ( Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905) was that the inertial mass of a
moving body increased as its speed increased. This implied an
equivalence between an increase in energy of motion of a body,
that is, its kinetic energy, and an increase in its mass... but as early as 1905
Albert Einstein did clearly state that mass and energy were equivalent and suggested
that proof of this equivalence might be found by the study
of radioactive substances. He concluded that the amount of
energy, E, equivalent to a mass, m, was given by the equation
E = mc2 where c is the velocity of light. If this is stated in actual numbers,
its startling character is apparent. It shows that one kilogram
(2.2 pounds) of matter, if converted entirely into energy, would
give 25 billion kilowatt hours of energy. This is equal to the
energy that would be generated by the total electric power
industry in the United States (as of 1939) running for approximately
two months. "

This new phenomenon would lead to the construction of bombs,
and that extremely powerful bombs of a new type may thus be constructed. -- Albert Einstein -1939

> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<71a35fa0-d909-411e-a434-b9139256273an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70176&group=sci.physics.relativity#70176

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 12:34:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:34 UTC

On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 4:11:33 PM UTC-3, The Starmaker wrote:
> [...]
> (2.2 pounds) of matter, if converted entirely into energy, would
> give 25 billion kilowatt hours of energy. This is equal to the
> energy that would be generated by the total electric power
> industry in the United States (as of 1939) running for approximately
> two months. "
> This new phenomenon would lead to the construction of bombs,
> and that extremely powerful bombs of a new type may thus be constructed. -- Albert Einstein -1939
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge

And thought to be dropped in Germany, but they surrendered before Manhattan's project was finished.

So, after that fact and having two types of atomic bombs, Japan was the choice to test them
What difference makes killing 250,000 japanese civilians almost instantaneously?

The satanism of physicists involved in this and further projects (Teller vs. Oppenheimer, H bomb) is appalling.
Many physicists with consciousness and moral values rejected to be part of such project. And some were "top dogs" at physics.

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<sksmi4$17io$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70189&group=sci.physics.relativity#70189

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:37:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:37 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
>>> the unchallengeable.
>>
>> --
>> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
>> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
>> the unchallengeable.
>
> And thought to be dropped in Germany, but they surrendered before
> Manhattan's project was finished.
>
> So, after that fact and having two types of atomic bombs, Japan was the choice to test them
> What difference makes killing 250,000 japanese civilians almost instantaneously?
>
> The satanism of physicists involved in this and further projects (Teller
> vs. Oppenheimer, H bomb) is appalling.
> Many physicists with consciousness and moral values rejected to be part
> of such project. And some were "top dogs" at physics.

Well, as long as you’re flinging stones, might we talk about who are the
key players at Cambridge Analytica? Oh, that’s right, software engineers.
And the face-recog camera network that is spying on Chinese citizens? Oh
that’s right, electrical engineers.

Be really careful about lumping a profession into the “evil” category,
unless you’re willing to take hits on your own, you filthy trolling
propagandist…

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<a7742f3f-75a5-4f81-aba4-dce586b10553n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70192&group=sci.physics.relativity#70192

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:50:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:50 UTC

On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 6:37:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> Richard Hertz <hert...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> "...the development of the theory of relativity ( Einstein's Theory of
> >> the Atomic Bomb -1905) was that the inertial mass of a
> >> moving body increased as its speed increased. This implied an
> >> equivalence between an increase in energy of motion of a body,
> >> that is, its kinetic energy, and an increase in its mass... but as early as 1905
> >> Albert Einstein did clearly state that mass and energy were equivalent and suggested
> >> that proof of this equivalence might be found by the study
> >> of radioactive substances. He concluded that the amount of
> >> energy, E, equivalent to a mass, m, was given by the equation
> >> E = mc2 where c is the velocity of light. If this is stated in actual numbers,
> >> its startling character is apparent. It shows that one kilogram
> >> (2.2 pounds) of matter, if converted entirely into energy, would
> >> give 25 billion kilowatt hours of energy. This is equal to the
> >> energy that would be generated by the total electric power
> >> industry in the United States (as of 1939) running for approximately
> >> two months. "
> >> This new phenomenon would lead to the construction of bombs,
> >> and that extremely powerful bombs of a new type may thus be constructed.
> >> -- Albert Einstein -1939
> >>
> >> --
> >> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> >> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> >> the unchallengeable.
> >
> > And thought to be dropped in Germany, but they surrendered before
> > Manhattan's project was finished.
> >
> > So, after that fact and having two types of atomic bombs, Japan was the choice to test them
> > What difference makes killing 250,000 japanese civilians almost instantaneously?
> >
> > The satanism of physicists involved in this and further projects (Teller
> > vs. Oppenheimer, H bomb) is appalling.
> > Many physicists with consciousness and moral values rejected to be part
> > of such project. And some were "top dogs" at physics.
> >

> Well, as long as you’re flinging stones, might we talk about who are the
> key players at Cambridge Analytica? Oh, that’s right, software engineers.
> And the face-recog camera network that is spying on Chinese citizens? Oh
> that’s right, electrical engineers.
>
> Be really careful about lumping a profession into the “evil” category,
> unless you’re willing to take hits on your own, you filthy trolling
> propagandist…
>
> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Teller was a satanic SOB who wanted to develop HIS H-Bomb against the directives and desire of Oppenheimer, who
was in charge of the 1940's project. Even when the last one was also a true son of a bitch (nasty, sick person who poisoned
a competitor at Germany in the 1920's, but had wealthy daddy who save his skin).

Anyway, for Oppenheimer the H-bomb was too much, so he stalled Teller's efforts while he was under his direction.

Teller took revenge at Oppenheimer, by testifying against him in McCarthy's committee, and got support to develop such weapon
in the '50s. And the satanist lived long and happy, while Oppenheimer ended with Einstein at Princeton, and died young.

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<76ff45ab-b82b-456c-8c5a-54a0461228d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70193&group=sci.physics.relativity#70193

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 15:12:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:12 UTC

On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 6:37:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> Richard Hertz <hert...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> "...the development of the theory of relativity ( Einstein's Theory of
> >> the Atomic Bomb -1905) was that the inertial mass of a
> >> moving body increased as its speed increased. This implied an
> >> equivalence between an increase in energy of motion of a body,
> >> that is, its kinetic energy, and an increase in its mass... but as early as 1905
> >> Albert Einstein did clearly state that mass and energy were equivalent and suggested
> >> that proof of this equivalence might be found by the study
> >> of radioactive substances. He concluded that the amount of
> >> energy, E, equivalent to a mass, m, was given by the equation
> >> E = mc2 where c is the velocity of light. If this is stated in actual numbers,
> >> its startling character is apparent. It shows that one kilogram
> >> (2.2 pounds) of matter, if converted entirely into energy, would
> >> give 25 billion kilowatt hours of energy. This is equal to the
> >> energy that would be generated by the total electric power
> >> industry in the United States (as of 1939) running for approximately
> >> two months. "
> >> This new phenomenon would lead to the construction of bombs,
> >> and that extremely powerful bombs of a new type may thus be constructed.
> >> -- Albert Einstein -1939
> >>
> >> --
> >> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> >> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> >> the unchallengeable.
> >
> > And thought to be dropped in Germany, but they surrendered before
> > Manhattan's project was finished.
> >
> > So, after that fact and having two types of atomic bombs, Japan was the choice to test them
> > What difference makes killing 250,000 japanese civilians almost instantaneously?
> >
> > The satanism of physicists involved in this and further projects (Teller
> > vs. Oppenheimer, H bomb) is appalling.
> > Many physicists with consciousness and moral values rejected to be part
> > of such project. And some were "top dogs" at physics.
> >

> Well, as long as you’re flinging stones, might we talk about who are the
> key players at Cambridge Analytica? Oh, that’s right, software engineers.
> And the face-recog camera network that is spying on Chinese citizens? Oh
> that’s right, electrical engineers.
>
> Be really careful about lumping a profession into the “evil” category,
> unless you’re willing to take hits on your own, you filthy trolling
> propagandist…
>
> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

And who invented Sarin gas in WWI, that killed 30,000 england and french soldiers in one single day?

Who created GPS and for which purpose, until Korean plane was shot-down?

Who created direct energy weapons for military and civilian uses against humans?

Who was behind Reagan's defense initiative with his X-rays lasers?

Who developed orbital bombing with tungsten Rods of gods in the '80s?

Who invented neutron bombs, to kill people but preserve infrastructure?

Who created the concept of synthetic bioweapons and its delivery vectors?

Who created the Orange Agent, used in Vietnam to "deforest"?

Who created the non-nuclear thermobaric gravity bomb?

Who created low yield tactical nuclear weapons in the KTon range?

Who created KE ammunition based on depleted uranium, which poisoned vast areas of Irak?

Who created the bunker-buster 15,000 Kg Massive Ordnance Penetrator or the MOAB, "tested" in Afghanistan?

We can be all day arguing about this. Science of death > science of life.

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<6171F1F1.5040@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70199&group=sci.physics.relativity#70199

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:04:17 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 23:04 UTC

Richard Hertz wrote:

> On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 6:37:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Richard Hertz <hert...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > And thought to be dropped in Germany, but they surrendered before
> > > Manhattan's project was finished.
> > >
> > > So, after that fact and having two types of atomic bombs, Japan was the choice to test them
> > > What difference makes killing 250,000 japanese civilians almost instantaneously?
> > >
> > > The satanism of physicists involved in this and further projects (Teller
> > > vs. Oppenheimer, H bomb) is appalling.
> > > Many physicists with consciousness and moral values rejected to be part
> > > of such project. And some were "top dogs" at physics.
> > >

> > Well, as long as you’re flinging stones, might we talk about who are the
> > key players at Cambridge Analytica? Oh, that’s right, software engineers.
> > And the face-recog camera network that is spying on Chinese citizens? Oh
> > that’s right, electrical engineers.
> >
> > Be really careful about lumping a profession into the “evil” category,
> > unless you’re willing to take hits on your own, you filthy trolling
> > propagandist…
> >
> > --
> > Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
>
> And who invented Sarin gas in WWI, that killed 30,000 england and french soldiers in one single day?
>
> Who created GPS and for which purpose, until Korean plane was shot-down?
>
> Who created direct energy weapons for military and civilian uses against humans?
>
> Who was behind Reagan's defense initiative with his X-rays lasers?
>
> Who developed orbital bombing with tungsten Rods of gods in the '80s?
>
> Who invented neutron bombs, to kill people but preserve infrastructure?
>
> Who created the concept of synthetic bioweapons and its delivery vectors?
>
> Who created the Orange Agent, used in Vietnam to "deforest"?
>
> Who created the non-nuclear thermobaric gravity bomb?
>
> Who created low yield tactical nuclear weapons in the KTon range?
>
> Who created KE ammunition based on depleted uranium, which poisoned vast areas of Irak?
>
> Who created the bunker-buster 15,000 Kg Massive Ordnance Penetrator or the MOAB, "tested" in Afghanistan?
>
> We can be all day arguing about this. Science of death > science of life.

"Certainly the possibility can be envisaged of building a bomb of far greater size, capable of producing destruction over a larger area. " -Albert Einstein

"It also is credible that an extensive use could be made of radioactivated gases which would spread over a wide region, causing heavy loss of life without damage to buildings." Albert Einstein

"Nor do I take into account a danger of starting a chain reaction of a scope great enough to destroy part or all of this planet." - Albert Einstein

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Einstein's Theory of the Atomic Bomb -1905

<skuabt$efe$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70227&group=sci.physics.relativity#70227

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 12:21:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Fri, 22 Oct 2021 12:21 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 6:37:12 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Richard Hertz <hert...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> And thought to be dropped in Germany, but they surrendered before
>>> Manhattan's project was finished.
>>>
>>> So, after that fact and having two types of atomic bombs, Japan was the
>>> choice to test them
>>> What difference makes killing 250,000 japanese civilians almost instantaneously?
>>>
>>> The satanism of physicists involved in this and further projects (Teller
>>> vs. Oppenheimer, H bomb) is appalling.
>>> Many physicists with consciousness and moral values rejected to be part
>>> of such project. And some were "top dogs" at physics.
>>>

>> Well, as long as you’re flinging stones, might we talk about who are the
>> key players at Cambridge Analytica? Oh, that’s right, software engineers.
>> And the face-recog camera network that is spying on Chinese citizens? Oh
>> that’s right, electrical engineers.
>>
>> Be really careful about lumping a profession into the “evil” category,
>> unless you’re willing to take hits on your own, you filthy trolling
>> propagandist…
>>
>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
>
> And who invented Sarin gas in WWI, that killed 30,000 england and french
> soldiers in one single day?
>
> Who created GPS and for which purpose, until Korean plane was shot-down?
>
> Who created direct energy weapons for military and civilian uses against humans?
>
> Who was behind Reagan's defense initiative with his X-rays lasers?
>
> Who developed orbital bombing with tungsten Rods of gods in the '80s?
>
> Who invented neutron bombs, to kill people but preserve infrastructure?
>
> Who created the concept of synthetic bioweapons and its delivery vectors?
>
> Who created the Orange Agent, used in Vietnam to "deforest"?
>
> Who created the non-nuclear thermobaric gravity bomb?
>
> Who created low yield tactical nuclear weapons in the KTon range?
>
> Who created KE ammunition based on depleted uranium, which poisoned vast areas of Irak?
>
> Who created the bunker-buster 15,000 Kg Massive Ordnance Penetrator or
> the MOAB, "tested" in Afghanistan?
>
> We can be all day arguing about this. Science of death > science of life.

Well, it’s interesting that you cited all these things that engineers were
heavily involved in.

Agent Orange was invented by a botanist at University of
Illinois/Urbana-Champaign, but British chemical engineers deployed it for
warfare in the “Malayan Emergency”. Similarly, napalm was developed by a
chemical engineer, Louis Fieser in World War II.

Technology can always be, and always has been, deployed for destructive
purposes as well as constructive services. That is one of the challenges of
working in a profession dedicated to technology, as opposed to science.
Engineers work in the domain of technology.

Technology also has unintended consequences. Facebook, for example, was
intended purely as a means of social connection. The fact that it polarized
people in now-famous “filter bubbles” was not anticipated. That unintended
consequence may well be the demise of facebook, as lung cancer has been the
demise of the tobacco industry.

Take a good hard look at the history of engineering, and don’t polish the
wormy apple too much. Engineering has done a ton of good. It’s also done a
ton of bad, some intended, some not.